AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2011-01-03, 18:16   Link #4401
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
My personal theory is that those who like "bigger" go for Lucy, and those who like a strong woman forcing themselves on them, go for Erza.

Of course, there are S&M possibilities with Lucy. Never mind the whip, there's always the possibility of getting Virgo to join in and be punished... And the wonders you can do with Gemini...

Okay, I'll stop now.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-03, 18:17   Link #4402
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
My personal theory is that those who like "bigger" go for Lucy, and those who like a strong woman forcing themselves on them, go for Erza.

Of course, there are S&M possibilities with Lucy. Never mind the whip, there's always the possibility of getting Virgo to join in and be punished... And the wonders you can do with Gemini...

Okay, I'll stop now.
Oh please do. I don't need more wet dreams.
Old 2011-01-05, 02:03   Link #4403
Ryus
The One Eyed King

My theory is Fairy Tail's Fanservice = good... be it Erza or Lucy.

Or for that matter Juvia, Mirajane, Evergreen, Aquarius, Cana/Kana, Aires, Ikaruga, Karen, Lisanna (though she should have stayed dead), Sherry, Virgo (none gorilla form), Ultear, and Wendy (Edolas version only) have done some good fanservice too

And I wouldn't mind seeing some Bisca or Meldy... though I will say Levy doesn't do it for me.

My general rule is if Makarov and/or Loki needs to be stopped, then so would I.

If you prefer Erza over Lucy, than just drink until Lucy is Erza. Me... I like both equally.
Old 2011-01-05, 07:59   Link #4404
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

I personally prefer Erza and Ultear for my fanservice, but I'm weird like that.
Old 2011-01-05, 13:26   Link #4405
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
I personally prefer Erza and Ultear for my fanservice, but I'm weird like that.
A battle between Ezra and Ultear would be most 'bloody'...

...for us watching, that is.
Old 2011-01-05, 13:29   Link #4406
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post

Great. Now I can't remove the image of Ultear aging both of their clothes/armor out of existence from my mind.

Last edited by Kuroi Hadou; 2011-01-05 at 13:41.
Kuroi Hadou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-05, 14:04   Link #4407
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Great. Now I can't remove the image of Ultear aging both of their clothes/armor out of existence from my mind.
The best part is it makes sense that she'd attack Erza's weapons and armor... since she'd need to remove her enchanted abilities to more easily defeat her. Plus they're just the perfect targets.

Sadly though I think Ultear is going to meet Zeref, she does seem to be looking for him rather than Fairy Tail members to hunt down. Though I wouldn't be surprised if she ran into Grey due to there pasts relations with her mother. Or if she ran into Natsu due to there previous fight.
Old 2011-01-05, 23:15   Link #4408
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post

Just wait until Erza learns that Ultear is the one manipulating Jellal all along... That is a battle I cannot wait to see
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-06, 00:38   Link #4409
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
Just wait until Erza learns that Ultear is the one manipulating Jellal all along... That is a battle I cannot wait to see
First off Ultear manipulated him but it's not known if she was the one to come up with the plan to brainwash him. We know she's been involved with this for 8 years (I don't recall if the dates add up to that being the day Gerard was brainwashed, so it's possible she only played a role and didn't actually start it... though I doubt that). Also we don't know how old she was at that time since she looks very young know and Ur wasn't that old so she can't be that much older and therefore might have been just a child, herself being manipulated by Hades to brainwash Gerard. Not sure I could blame a child, morality wise, for that. Though I would see her a a valid enemy, even if she still a kid, especially if she possessed that kind of power over peoples minds and skill to manipulate it. The point I guess she may have pulled the trigger but did she order the execution? AKA does all guilt end with her... I very much doubt it. She is the start to clearing/avenging Gerard but is she the end of that too?

Second this doesn't sound like something Ultear would reveal arbitrarily. After all she's Gilmore Hearts spy so she knows how to stay quite... so if this fight where to occur another would have to spill the beans to Erza about her role in manipulating Gerard vs just being his ally. Or she'd have to be very stupid/cocky thinking these's just no way telling Erza could back fire or Erza will kill her if she doesn't tell her. Point being the battle you suggest could be over before Erza could fight her or Erza might be forced to flee and fight her another day or Erza finds out after there fight as she's interrogating her.

Third Erza does know Gerard believed he was possessed by Zeref and know she has reason to believe this wasn't the case. So maybe she'll talk to Ultear (or another) in a fight to get to the truth of the matter, after all she does know they where allies on the council since former council member Shitou Yajima told her they where. However Erza gains this knowledge from Ultear's mouth directly then the fight wouldn't be starting out as an epic Erza takes revenge battle... and most likely would turn into Erza gaining power through finding out and then forcing her to repeat what she said to the council in order to have Gerard freed. Though the question would remain how would Grey handle knowing his masters daughter is in prison. Thus creating almost the same situation as before but with new characters and a slightly different dynamic between them. Who knows... maybe her father, whom ever he is, has been manipulating her.

Last edited by Ryus; 2011-01-06 at 00:56.
Ryus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-06, 03:01   Link #4410
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
Who knows... maybe her father, whom ever he is, has been manipulating her.
I always got the impression that Ultear was the result of a one-night stand.
Old 2011-01-06, 18:17   Link #4411
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I always got the impression that Ultear was the result of a one-night stand.
Actually for some reason I always got that impression as well. Only my wish for Ultear to have a hot sister hindered my believing it completely.
Old 2011-01-07, 00:20   Link #4412
Ryus
The One Eyed King

^Uh maybe but that's only one interpretation. Ultear specifically mentioned her father left her mother since she was just too obsessed with her own magic, in ch 46. I don't know about you but you can't really "leave" someone you where only with once, implying to me she ignored her husband and not a one time lover. Also Ur doesn't strike me as the one night stand kinda women, so IMHO that line implies that her parents where together for some time. I mean lets face it Ultear would likely have had no knowledge of her father or his reasons for leaving had he left before she was born... unless someone told her that is, but her scorn clearly implies she blames her mother for a breakup vs someone she never knew IMHO.

All this assumes Occam's Razor, and the simplest explanation is the truth... I mean for all we know daddy dearest did leave her mother after a single night then 10 years later found out about his daughter and staged her death so he could have her, then brainwashed her to hate her mother. However Ultears scorn of her mother implies to me she blamed her for something (like Daddy leaving when she was 6), not some random dude she only knew existed conceptually existed since she never meet her father due to hi m leaving after a single night.

The wording of the scanlation by Ocean says "You think too highly of her. My mother was a pitiable women possessed by evil and dumped by my father." Of hand, the Del Rey version (and anime) says more that she was obsessed with her own magic to the point her father left her. Sadly, I don't have either in front of me to references atm.

Point is I get where you two are coming from but disagree... hopefully we'll learn more about Ultears past soon enough.
Old 2011-01-07, 09:30   Link #4413
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
Point is I get where you two are coming from but disagree... hopefully we'll learn more about Ultears past soon enough.
Agreed. Ultear is far too important a character to have a back-story that's nothing but a few throwaway lines. Hopefully that will change soon.
Old 2011-01-09, 00:15   Link #4414
KrimzonStriker

2217 is out guys, fair warning in that it leaves you on a bit of a cliff-hanger, but sets up a very nice premise for next weeks chapter
Old 2011-01-09, 00:44   Link #4415
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Honestly, I was expecting that person to be Natsu's opponent. What surprised me though was

Spoiler:

I can't wait to find out what Meredy's magic is. She sure picked one heck of an opponent.
Old 2011-01-09, 01:07   Link #4416
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Spoiler for 217:

Not surprised that nobody's commenting this week's cover page
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 01:28   Link #4417
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
So, this week, we get Parfum dude duplicating Lucy's stunt in the last issue... Mashima, you're one sick dude, heh. But matchups look like:

Natsu vs. Zancrow
Lucy, Loke, Grey and Cana vs. Caprico, as expected (and it's obvious Loke recognizes the guy)
Erza and Juvia vs. Meldy (she seems a bit robotic in her words)
Elfman and Evergreen vs. Rusty Rose (kinda interested to see if they push shipping angles here, with one of the pair getting upset when the other is injured, possibly going tsundere)
Mirajane and Lisanna vs. Azuma (looking forward to Mirajane going demon mode again)

Caine Hikaru and Ultear have no current matchups, which are the last two of the seven kin. I'm betting Grey leaves Lucy and ends up facing Ultear, learning whose daughter she is, but getting beaten. That way, sometime in the future, he can run up against Lyon and tell him Ul had a daughter. I think Cana might leave and confront Caine; or at least, defend a magically weakened Lucy from Caine, after Lucy and Loke defeat Caprico and claim his key.

Next week, it looks like they'll do the Natsu fight, though.

I gotta admit, this "source of magic" thing is starting to intrigue me. Now Hades is saying that they each use Lost Magic that's closest to the source of magic. What's the significance in that? Is it just stronger?

I'm expecting the five above to be defeated, but that still leaves Hades. They'll either collect Zeref and leave, or Gildartz will return and face down Hades, forcing him to retreat.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 03:00   Link #4418
Sprite_Coke

Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
Cover made me wretch...
Old 2011-01-09, 03:20   Link #4419
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

ok Im about to drop this Manga... "all my mages are OP lawl, no way they can win" .... i smell a bleach fart...
Old 2011-01-09, 04:49   Link #4420
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

... So, does Zancrow fill the Dragon Slayer quota of the arc?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen