AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

Old 2011-12-03, 05:54   Link #981
Snowman24

Nice to see ya back, DC20. As a welcome back gift of sorts, lol, do you have a fanfic request? I did one for you in the past, the Nils and Ramona one <3 Any others?
Snowman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 11:21   Link #982
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runty View Post
Got another one-shot idea, though this one is for mature readers only (contains some smut!). Still, if anyone's interested, maybe you can give it a shot.

Only try this one if you've already beaten the game; contains end-game spoilers!

Spoiler for Graduation Night:

IMO, something like this should've been done in the game (perhaps not the sex, but you get what I mean).

Anyone want to give it a shot?
If the end product of this great idea sees daylight, I'd wait for the writer to send a PM.

As Beri wrote, you could take a shot since you seem to know a lot more about the VC2 storyline than most of us do.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 03:50   Link #983
Owlette

I abandon Cosette's story for now. I joined a few another writers forums last month, and practice over there. Anybody is more welcomed to adopt the story. Go for it!
Owlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-19, 08:15   Link #984
Runty

Well, exams are over for me. Yay!

This would be the perfect time to see more of the Coleen/Morris oneshot, Snowman. Think you're up for some more, or is Skyrim still sucking you in?
Runty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-20, 05:22   Link #985
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Has anyone written a Modern Warfare fan fic for VC? I'm curious for some inspiration.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 11:42   Link #986
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallschirmjager View Post
Has anyone written a Modern Warfare fan fic for VC? I'm curious for some inspiration.
To my knowledge, not yet. It's not like the VC world doesn't have its analogues of folks like Shepherd and Makarov, after all... and whatever else you might criticize the MW dev teams for, they do deliver in terms of 'Oh sh-!' moments (and others that demonstrate various sorts of bad-assery).

Of course, there's also the BF: Bad Company fusion idea that surfaced a ways back...
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 15:29   Link #987
Runty

No update on your oneshot, Snowman?

*sad panda*
Old 2011-12-26, 17:33   Link #988
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Well I'm getting pretty keen of writing the Valkyria Chronicles story as if it were in a more modern era world.

Nearly finished my current play through so when I replay with the complete data I'll start taking notes towards a fan fiction.

Been thinking a bit about it lately, however I'm still struggling to think of what Isara's wish could be given aircraft have already been developed.

Old 2011-12-26, 19:08   Link #989
Beri270T3

@fallschirmjager

Probably the closest to a Modern Warfare-Styled fanfic that you'll see are a couple by DC20 on FF net.

There's a lot that can be gleaned from conversations with Kreis and Leon about the world. Invent vs. innovate. But if you were to cross-over with modern warfare and maintain the same cast of characters, I have a recommendation for some inspiration without changing Isara's construction of an aeroplane. Have you ever seen the film "Fly Away Home?"
Beri270T3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 21:41   Link #990
DC20

I love "Fly Away Home" (Don't tell anybody). Truth be told, I actually like that kind of idea for Isara's dream better -- it doesn't have to be anything revolutionary. In a lot of ways I think smaller scale (with less impact outside of herself) is more interesting. She doesn't have to change the world with her dream, it just has to be important to her. I think the dream was more important on a character level than it was on a world level, at least as far as the game is concerned. Or she could always build Gallia's first spaceship. Knowing how stupidly ridiculous Modern Warfare gets I wouldn't be surprised...

Thanks for the nod, Beri. I will note though that if you're looking for a strict "Modern Warfare" fic you're still out of luck. You won't see any modern superpowers duking it out. Actual combat and interactions follow a more modern approach to warfare, though. The closest you'll find is probably "The Lily of the Field, The Bird of the Air", which is a thinly veiled VC version of Afghanistan. Technically still takes place in the 1935 war, but uses modern setups instead of WWII type combat, and sets up an insurgency within Barious by the native population against the Gallian government. No Imperials, if that's what you're looking for though. Stars everybody's favorite Shocktrooper (well, at least mine).

Here's a link if you're still interested:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6625585/...ird_of_the_Air
DC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-27, 02:17   Link #991
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Hmm, thanks for the info, Beri.

I'll most likely finish VC tonight so I'll get out the notepad and start jotting down ideas. I don't want to go word for word as some things will need reimagining for the current times and I'd like to flesh a few things out.

I'll post here later when I've got something worthy to show.

And I'll give your story a read, DC20.

Cheers.

Old 2011-12-30, 13:25   Link #992
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Someone wrote a new VC fanfic.
Old 2012-01-04, 04:14   Link #993
Snowman24

Sorry about my long, long absence. I honestly wish I had a better excuse... but I don't :P
Spoiler for sad excuse= I have no life...:

But, I'll make up for it with quantity, I hope, of previews for all the fanfics I have accumulated up till now. The Morris+Coleen one, the Franca+Nichol one, the Noel+susie one and my new Zeri+Juliana+Melissa one.

So yeah... I'm back, I'm all Skyrim'd out...
Old 2012-01-04, 13:57   Link #994
Runty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman24 View Post
Sorry about my long, long absence. I honestly wish I had a better excuse... but I don't :P
Spoiler for sad excuse= I have no life...:

But, I'll make up for it with quantity, I hope, of previews for all the fanfics I have accumulated up till now. The Morris+Coleen one, the Franca+Nichol one, the Noel+susie one and my new Zeri+Juliana+Melissa one.

So yeah... I'm back, I'm all Skyrim'd out...
Yeah, so intoxicating. Great game, though. My older brother and his new wife have actually been using it as a bonding experience in the past couple of months.

Glad to see you're back into this, Snowman. Hope to see one of your previews soon.
Old 2012-01-08, 03:34   Link #995
Runty

Anything yet, Snowman?
Old 2012-01-09, 04:11   Link #996
Snowman24

Yeah, expect it up in the next 20 minutes.

It's just before the major Daaawww! Moment though... I had hope to reach that point... but I'm tired and gonna hit the sack after I get this part up.

Spoiler for Coleen+Morris preview #2:

Here's where Skyrim influence kicked in :P I was stuck on names, so I chose a name I knew well and respected and loved for the helpful girl :P
Old 2012-01-13, 18:21   Link #997
Runty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman24 View Post
Yeah, expect it up in the next 20 minutes.

It's just before the major Daaawww! Moment though... I had hope to reach that point... but I'm tired and gonna hit the sack after I get this part up.

Spoiler for Coleen+Morris preview #2:

Here's where Skyrim influence kicked in :P I was stuck on names, so I chose a name I knew well and respected and loved for the helpful girl :P
Nice Skyrim reference. Lydia's such a good helper when you give her the right equipment.

I've bolded some personal changes above that I would make, as well as deleted some parts that I felt were unneeded. Seems redundancy isn't something you can drop easily. Oh well, the rest is quite good.

One major change I'd make, though, is that Avan and co shouldn't be telling the truth to Coleen's parents. It'd be a very stupid move on their part; Coleen's father would probably have them all expelled from Lanseal with his political sway out of rage. I'd change it so that Avan simply tells them that Coleen went missing after a brief skirmish with Rebel forces. This, however, still prompts Coleen's parents to try and recruit the local Darcsens to find their daughter. (I liked the part where you had them offering the Darcsens a reward, but they continually turned it down. Very nice way of showing that they don't think money is everything.)

Sorry it took a while for me to get this out; I was busy with a few other things. I hope to see the DAWWWWWW moment up next!
Old 2012-01-13, 19:50   Link #998
Snowman24

I've gotten pretty rusty from my hiatus from writing :P I was also busy trying to get a new chapter out for my other Dragon Age fanfic :P

*And taking some SMALL Skyrim breaks here and there *LOL*

Spoiler for Runty- a mind reader?:
Old 2012-01-17, 05:57   Link #999
Snowman24

So... I didn't get much done for the Morris+Coleen fanfic. I had a sudden burst for the Franca+Nichol fanfic. So, I hope you'll settle for a different 'DDAAWWW' moment.

Spoiler for Franca+Nichol fanfic, preview #2:

Sorry if it's a little rough :P But as you know, it'll all be ironed out in the end. Let me know what you think!
Old 2012-01-26, 21:54   Link #1000
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Well at a moment the only thing getting in my heads a fic fused with Bad Company...

Previous ideas discussed here and here.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanfiction