AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

View Poll Results: Valkyria Chronicles - Episode 16 Rating
Perfect 10 3 8.82%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 7 20.59%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 4 11.76%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 20.59%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 14.71%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 5.88%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.94%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 2.94%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 5.88%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 5.88%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-21, 07:50   Link #61
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloner4000 View Post
Even the game itself center a lot on the Romance between Welkin and Alicia and They did talked about Largo and Varrot too. So I think the anime decides to take it a bit further. Not a bad decision.

Spoiler for game plot spoliers:

But in the game they went hand in hand with battle/action scenes so it did not feel as overdosing as it does in anime because they decided to cut battles and action a lot.

And shouldn't we discuss this in game/anime comparison thread anyway?
Old 2009-07-21, 14:56   Link #62
tersalius

i dont post very often, as a matter of fact i think this is my second post ever, i prefer just to read what other people write... BUT as someone who loved the game i have to say...

just watched episode 16th

but for heavens sake... what they have done to welkin... this is beyond lame!!!

really one thing is a decent drama, other is good drama, and the worst is silly drama

and unfortunally what we have here is silly drama that has NO REASON at all to even exist.

they like each other, we know that... the authors know that and... even the characters know that...

to keep going with this silly plot is the same as to ask to kill what otherwise could be an amazing romance.

unbearable!!!
Old 2009-07-21, 18:10   Link #63
Trans-Fat

After watching this episode, I have confirmed myself rooting for Isara x what's his name.
Old 2009-07-21, 18:23   Link #64
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trans-Fat View Post
After watching this episode, I have confirmed myself rooting for Isara x what's his name.

They look cute together even though l still see ramal as a scrub...but most likely won't happen.
Old 2009-07-21, 19:49   Link #65
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Largo and Eleanor eh? Hmmm...interesting.
Old 2009-07-21, 19:51   Link #66
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
They look cute together even though l still see ramal as a scrub...but most likely won't happen.
thats pretty much how I feel on it all

altho I'll add seems Isara has Ramal whipped
Old 2009-07-22, 00:29   Link #67
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
That would suck. If what I think will happen, then what would be the point of creating Ramal in the first place?

Spoiler for mainly unrelated to VC:
Old 2009-07-22, 03:37   Link #68
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
altho I'll add seems Isara has Ramal whipped
That she does. Isara has her own anime original play boy.
Old 2009-07-22, 12:04   Link #69
reaper_unique

just finished 16, as a lot of people here I'm really annoyed by how things are. They really need to cut this crap and get it over with, for god sackes look at the OP/the game it's as good as 100% that it will be aliciaxWelkin why do this?

I really hope the next episode or the one after that finishes this stupid love triangle.
Old 2009-07-22, 12:40   Link #70
Ashlotte
Clockwork

16 episodes in and they still refuse to use the rest of the squad members as anything more then background props...Really tempted to just go binge on some game spoilers since the director seems to have zero interest in ever telling us much of anything about them...

Maybe if they suddenly threw a love interest at each and every one of them they'd be inclined to care to expand on their roles...Seems to work for everyone else so far...

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Old 2009-07-22, 14:28   Link #71
don_Durandal
Zetsubou gunsou

Seeing "Ruhm" on Alicia's checklist gave me a good laugh there. Not to mention the babelfish report Welkin was holding.

We got some Largo and Varrot there so I wasn't entirely disappointed. Otherwise I'm still as tired about the crappy love triangle as before.

Next up is Marberry Shore people! This is where the show goes for broke for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashlotte View Post
16 episodes in and they still refuse to use the rest of the squad members as anything more then background props...Really tempted to just go binge on some game spoilers since the director seems to have zero interest in ever telling us much of anything about them...
You could do that in the background and setting thread. After all those background characters do have a (so far untold in the anime) history of their own. And since most of them appear also in the manga anyways..
Old 2009-07-22, 15:22   Link #72
Raniie

This episode was really bad. I was watching it in disgust with the direction it's going. This romance thing they're trying to do is epic failed. The amount of blushing occured in this episode really make it so utterly frustrating to watch. They need to stop with this coming of age crap already.

Sigh, I guess they are purposely making the anime be utter crap and rely on word of mouth/BBS/Forums to spread the logic/subjective facts that the game version has the overall better story, etc. So they get those viewers that have not played the game to be interested in it (aka me.) But by doing this, they'll epically fail in their DVD sales. They're also probably losing their fanbase as well, the production studio at least.

P.S. I haven't play the game yet, either.
Old 2009-07-22, 16:37   Link #73
typhonsentra

What the hell was up with the "Software Document" Welkin was reading?

And yeah, this romance in this show is more high school than shows that actually take place in high school. I thought better of Welkin for being able to get over the other girls so easily. He should be ashamed for having this get in the way of his (Very important) work the way he has. And Faldio, that guy's disgusting, every scene he's in he's swooning.

Last edited by typhonsentra; 2009-07-22 at 17:04.
Old 2009-07-22, 20:07   Link #74
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Just finished 16, and I must state:

Episode 16 is downright one of the most frustrating episodes so far! Yes, frustrating.

Regardless of how the anime changed all the characters... since I've ranted about that matter already...

But look, its more than obvious at this point that Alicia is in love with Welkin, and the latter being a dense friggin idiot in every sense of the word. Really now? Alicia is basically asking "don't you love me!?

Ugh...

Triangles seem very popular these days... I wonder which show's fault is it...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2009-07-22, 20:16   Link #75
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
In terms of characters Macross F at least had Sheryl who had enough depth to cover the lack of depth of other two main characters.

VC does not have such character - heck one Sheryl looks like a deeper and more well developed character than whole VC cast together.

But in terms of idiocy of love triangle - VC is close to Macross F but again Macross F characters were really young 16-17 year olds and even though Sheryl acted more mature they were still a school-kids so such sometimes dumb drama was at least somewhat understandable.

In VC they make Welkin who should be more or less grown up young man into a freaking 14 year old emo idiot... That's not good. Add Faldio whose brains function is done by the organ that goes below his waist... (though i guess in a sense there are adult men like that so you cant really blame him being immature - just annoying as hell).

I cant really blame Alicia about anything in here - she is doing fairly well, heck I would be acting worse if I were to deal with either a retard or a hopeless pervert.
Old 2009-07-22, 20:22   Link #76
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
But in terms of idiocy of love triangle - VC is close to Macross F but again Macross F characters were really young 16-17 year olds and even though Sheryl acted more mature...
Well, the truth is that we don't know how old Sheryl is. Her age never been confirmed.

But thats beside the point.

Fact is... I did not have to suffer through this in the game! Everyone in the game approached matters like adults. Over here? The key characters are reacting to things like a shitload of highschool students! That, and Welkin is seriously killing me... Alicia couldn't state her case more bluntly, really. At this point, I don't know if Welkin is doing that on purpose or if he is really dense.

UGH!

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2009-07-22, 20:59   Link #77
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Okay, finally have a chance to watch Episode 16 and...

Largo going all Hulk on Welkin has been by far the funniest moment of this entire series to date. That was just plain awesome.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
Old 2009-07-22, 22:22   Link #78
Runty

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
Okay, finally have a chance to watch Episode 16 and...

Largo going all Hulk on Welkin has been by far the funniest moment of this entire series to date. That was just plain awesome.
I beg to differ. I say Marina soaking Alicia was the best part of the episode. That sniper is so full of win.
Old 2009-07-23, 02:30   Link #79
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
For shoujo-lite romance, the love triangle wasn't that bad (truthfully, anyone who's been around for more than a decade in the anime fandom has seen much MUCH worse), but it's woefully out of place in this setting. In war, stuff like this gets people killed.

The scenes with Isara and Ramal were surprisingly cute though, but with the mission the next episode seems to be alluding to, I'm really hoping that Isara gets a good anime deviation for a change.
Old 2009-07-23, 03:16   Link #80
mpt37

Bleh, I can't handle any more Alicia and Welkin relationship stuff from this anime. The most annoying thing is that they're not giving us any reason as to why Welkin is being so indecisive and passive about the whole situation so all we can do is assume he's an idiot.

But enough of that, I did enjoy the Largo/Eleanor stuff since that didn't get much attention in the game, Hopefully there's more to come.

As for the preview, I'm very curious to see what happens in the next 1 or 2 episodes and if the anime decides to make any major changes to the story.