AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-01-01, 11:36   Link #1921
crossguy
Confused. As usual.

Obelisk ze Tormentor:
Took a look at the art in the early QED vs the later art.
Down hill. But if you look at the art in his later stuff,(CMB)
It looks like the artist went that way on purpose.
If you look at the earlier and later work by FUMIZUKI Kou,
There is a progression in style, but not in the same way.
The qualities that were so appealing in the earlier issues seem to slide away, replaced by a generic darker feel.
I'm not sure if it's the artists intent or not. Only time and later releases will tell.

I felt like the art peaked about chapter 75.

Last edited by crossguy; 2013-01-01 at 11:43. Reason: too much to say....
crossguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-01, 15:00   Link #1922
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Normally mangaka's get better with time but there are some rare examples when they get worse.

The example that I remember is a manga "Imouto - Akane" by Yamahana Noriyuki.

In the first few volumes the mangaka really tries hard to draw, in the latter ones - puts much less effort in his drawing and you can clearly see it in the way he draws hair. In the first half hair drawn carefully and much thinner while in the second half they are just chunks of mass with curly edges.

I think this manga too generally became sloppy changing from realistic artowrk to a chibi one.

Chibi is much easier to draw and faster.

So some authors who like to cut their loads (mangaka's schedules are intense) they either draw a lot of chibi art or make a lot of characters short-haired (sometimes its because they like it that way but there were a couple of confessions that sometimes short-hair is prefered cause it takes less effort and time to draw specially if you want it to look good).

Last edited by Darknemo2000; 2013-01-01 at 19:50.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-01, 18:20   Link #1923
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossguy View Post
Obelisk ze Tormentor:
Took a look at the art in the early QED vs the later art.
Down hill. But if you look at the art in his later stuff,(CMB)
It looks like the artist went that way on purpose.
Yep. That's what I'm talking about. If the mangaka indeed doing it on purpose, then I have less respect for him/her. Even mangaka's with tight schedule like Masashi Kishimoto (Naruto), Akira Toriyama (Dragon Ball), Hiroyuki Takei (Shaman King), Kubo Tite (Bleach) and a lot others can still improve their artwork. This doesn't mean I completely despise Kou Fumizuki's effort, but he really must put some more effort into it (given that he is in good condition when working on his manga).
Old 2013-01-01, 20:38   Link #1924
crossguy
Confused. As usual.

As I said earlier, He's not on the radar for health or family problems.
It's just unknown what is causing this change.
I've only been following Manga since '09. Wish I knew more.

Good to hear from you Darknemo2000.
Old 2013-01-01, 20:59   Link #1925
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

^Yeah, let's just hope for the best for this manga in this new year of 2013. And thanx for checking out QED to understand my point.

I guess it's safe to leave this "artwork became worse" issue behind (until we get word from Fumizuki himself about the change). Can't wait to read the new chapter.
Old 2013-01-01, 22:19   Link #1926
MAX_COLA_POWER!

To be honest, I've noticed the artwork change too, but I never had time to judge it since I was too into the story, though I will offer one small ounce of critique: Hey Koi, when you do forward spreads of the girls, can you make it like the pokeys a little less scrap book pasted on^^;;?
Old 2013-01-08, 23:04   Link #1927
crossguy
Confused. As usual.

Spoiler for Just Sayin':

Dang.
I Found the raws for 108.
Now what?

Feel like the dog in the Beggin Strips Commercial. (But I Can't Reeeeead!)
Old 2013-01-08, 23:19   Link #1928
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
To be honest, I've noticed the artwork change too, but I never had time to judge it since I was too into the story, though I will offer one small ounce of critique: Hey Koi, when you do forward spreads of the girls, can you make it like the pokeys a little less scrap book pasted on^^;;?
The artwork is not horrible, its decent. If the plot is very good, than it won't be as noticeable.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 23:51   Link #1929
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
The artwork is not horrible, its decent. If the plot is very good, than it won't be as noticeable.
That's what I mean. The story is so good that I really didn't care about the change in artwork, and to be honest, I still don't. Now then, things are really picking up for the story. I wonder at what point will everything explode so the resolution can arrive?
Old 2013-01-09, 00:40   Link #1930
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Does anyone remember Ai Yori Aoshi by the same mangaka? The first chapter of that had Aoi with this long, jagged nose that looked horrible. As the series went on, the nose got smaller and his art in general improved. Now, his noses are all but gone in this series.

I've dropped this series for now after Nagi became a gigolo. Even if the girls want it, he's shown quite a lack of respect by trying to sleep with them all (even if it failed in most cases). If it ends with one girl, I might finish it off. If it's a harem end, I won't go near it. I don't mind harem in mangas like TLR where it's more comedic, but in a more serious romance, I avoid them like the plague.
Old 2013-01-11, 01:00   Link #1931
crossguy
Confused. As usual.

Max!!
Quote:
The story is so good that I really didn't care about the change in artwork, and to be honest, I still don't.
Quite novel-reading for enjoyment! I'm probably guilty of my usual over thinking.
If I wasn't enjoying this story, I would not be reading it with so much attention to detail.
I should enjoy the plot and be an art critic later.

Thanks!
Old 2013-01-12, 13:56   Link #1932
XFire
150% done

Chapter 108

Old 2013-01-12, 14:11   Link #1933
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

The author is being too damn obvious that the festival involves drowning (Rinne's memories and fear of the water) meaning either the aim of the festival really IS for both the maiden and the dragon god to do a double suicide (or become sacrifices)...or this is just a big troll on the authors part, what with throwing us these obvious hints that end up meaning nothing.

Though it is NOT the first time the author would trolls us...I doubt he is here.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-12, 15:44   Link #1934
crossguy
Confused. As usual.

Misdirection? This Author?
I have to wear a neck brace when I read this tale to avoid whiplash of the brain.
So far I have been wrong a lot more than I have been right about what will happen next.
Old 2013-01-12, 17:16   Link #1935
Starshipw
Free Opinions Available

I'm all for a good dunking, but I still believe that in the end that True Love, or even Trip Love, will conquer all.
Starshipw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-12, 19:18   Link #1936
NaweG
Just some guy

Umm... does everyone remember how this story starts? Doesn't our maiden save the Dragon God from drowning (even though she doesn't know who he is at the time)? Do we really believe she would be unable to do so again?

Seriously, this is a "thing" with this author. Telegraphs at the beginning what will happen, adds all sorts of twists and turns to convince you otherwise, and then has the end almost repeat the beginning to get to a good end. While I won't wholly discount this going "grim dark", I don't consider it to be all that likely given the author or the imprint where this comes out.
Old 2013-01-12, 19:43   Link #1937
Starshipw
Free Opinions Available

I very much remember the first chapter and assuming that the author had this plotted out from the beginning, it is a given that Nagi will survive. However, the wistful tone of that chapter almost reads like a memorial, leading one to question whether one or several of the maidens might sacrifice themselves to protect their Dragon God.
Starshipw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-12, 21:09   Link #1938
Beo
where's the snow?

For those that are from this culture, answer this:
What makes up a good romance/love story from the older classical writings ?

One answer to eliminate right away is that they run away and live happily ever after.

I think there will be a key character that will pop up soon that has not been involved up to now.
Beo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 14:41   Link #1939
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I have nothing to say about this chapter other than I think they drowned each other in the rising dragon festival. I'll be disappointed if we find everything out through Rinne. She's been made into a plot device that I don't like much.
Old 2013-01-13, 23:32   Link #1940
Beo
where's the snow?

Too obvious
Would not have been write out like that leading you to that assumption, unless he has something planned that would not have been expected.

Statement that I predict on being said on next release - " Did not see that coming".

Last edited by Beo; 2013-01-13 at 23:40. Reason: :)
Beo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ecchi, harem, romance, rural, seinen