AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2012-08-11, 12:22   Link #1
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Micro SD problem?

The other day my Micro SD card was doing just fine but just recently my card reader couldn't read my micro sd card and it even went as far as to state that it cannot be used. It is a Kingston Micro SD card with SD card adaptor, it had been working well albeit it didn't read as fast as it should but now it just seems to slow my computer and my device cannot read it. What is going on? What is wrong with my card?
Old 2012-08-11, 18:20   Link #2
Ledgem
Love Yourself

It could be that the card is no longer functional, but it could also be an issue with the card reader or the port that the card reader is on (assuming your card reader isn't built into the computer). Is there another device that you can test the card on? If you don't have any data on the card, you may want to try formatting it to see if it makes a difference.
Old 2012-08-11, 20:14   Link #3
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
I'll try that but I want to also try to get my files out before I format it.
Old 2012-08-13, 17:30   Link #4
Fahd
* >/dev/null

Ledgem nailed it. Go through a process of elimination. Try a different SD card reader, and/or a different SD card in the suspect card reader, to see which is the problem.
Fahd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 21:44   Link #5
Guernsey
The GAP Man

I realized that the reader is fine, the card may be gone though but I am going to contact the manufacture to see what I could do.
Old 2012-08-16, 21:57   Link #6
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernsey View Post
The other day my Micro SD card was doing just fine but just recently my card reader couldn't read my micro sd card and it even went as far as to state that it cannot be used.
I'm a fan of Micro SD's and it seemed that I have the same problem in the past. The usual problems that encountered were:

>The Micro SD card reader can't read my SD, sometimes even locked.

Buying a new card reader is the best solution.

>The Micro SD itself ain't readable, it doesn't even appear it doesn't even appear in the computer anymore.

The chances its broken is high. It usually happens on cheap Micro SDs. Like you said, better ask the manufacturer just to be sure unless you want to buy a new one...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote