AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2011-03-01, 16:02   Link #1
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Favorite Male Leads

Well i see a favorite tsundere,old guy,villain,etc. so im guessing this is good.

Rules:

-Can put any amount
-Please give reasons and anime they are from,don't have to but it helps.
-If u disagree with someone don't start insulting them just have a mature argument.
-videos of bad-assery are welcome , put spoilers though to take less space.

k so my favs are

-Kamijo touma-(to aru majutsu no index) Why?- though he has the typical shounen hero features there is something about him that makes me like him more than others. Im guessing its cuz he's not annoying,his power is pretty damn fair,and an underdog. His power is the divine imagine breaker the right hand that negates all of the supernatural.

Spoiler for s1 ep 9:

-Accelerator- (to aru majutsu no index)I used to not like him alot, though after a while he grew on me and i
found him to be pretty damn cool. He has HAX powers and is on the road of redemption. His powers are the manipulation of the vector of anything he touches
Spoiler for accelerator:

-Ichigo-(Bleach) Though he's is from a story with a wat ever plot i like his style and powers.

-Edward Elric-(full metal alchemist) Well this little beansprout packs punch. After the horrible tragedy he and his brother goes through they go on a journey for the philosophers stone. He's set in an excellent story and his determination to save his brother rather than himself is pretty awesome of him.

Last edited by I_am_Kami; 2011-03-01 at 18:13. Reason: forgot to mention the powers
I_am_Kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-01, 16:24   Link #2
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

I've stated this in another thread but I might as well repeat it:

Monkey D. Luffy - Young man with huge dreams and follows them to the ends of the earth (literally). Cares more about his friends and family more than he ever has done so for himself and shows no remorse for those that come between his and/or his Nakama's dreams and well-being. A strong child at heart, and while he's considered an idiot by some, he's smarter than one would think and his idiotic tedencies come from the fact that he's so care-free about life and never thinks about things much. He's very quick to accept and befriend someone despite their faults, and is willing to forgive others wanting to atone for themselves. Finally, he's a VERY capable fighter using his unique ability to stretch like rubber and comes up with many ways to utilize this ability.

You could say he's my fictional idol when it comes to his personality. =)

Since we're entitled to videos showcasing badass-ness I'll just put this here:

Spoiler for Spoilers:

Last edited by SilverSyko; 2011-03-01 at 16:25. Reason: Spoilers
SilverSyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-01, 16:37   Link #3
GreatTeacherKen

Captain Justy Ueki Tylor (Irresponsible Captain Tylor)- one of the most enigmatic lead characters I've ever seen; is he the greatest military mastermind of all anime or is he just absurdly lucky, or perhaps a little of both? We may never know, since the show gives a lot of evidence that suggests either interpretation might be correct. Regardless of his actual intelligence, he's an awesome and funny character because of his ambiguity; not to mention, as episode 23 proves, he has some serious balls of steel.

Okazaki Tomoya (CLANNAD)- A very well developed male lead and probably the most well-developed character in the whole series which is especially noteworthy because male leads in bishojo shows tend to be relatively flat and less colorful in personality in comparison to the females. But Tomoya's different, his dreams, feelings, flaws, and personal quirks are just as fleshed out as any of the girls' and I think this ends making the story (especially in After Story) much more moving.

Onizuka Eikichi (Shonan Junai Gumi and GTO)- He's probably the craziest teacher I've ever seen; his solutions to every problem he encounters are to put it lightly very unorthodox. At the same time, he's a very noble person even though he may not seem like it at first. The sheer length he goes to help out his students and other staff members no matter how much crap they throw at him is inspiring. His antics are also hilarious; he's the main reason why the anime and manga are so funny.
GreatTeacherKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-01, 17:39   Link #4
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Baron from Arad Senki Slap Party he breaks the idiot main hero stereotype in anime adaptations of MMORPGs. I really like his personality too.
Ichuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-02, 01:22   Link #5
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Mmm yessss

Edward Elric-FMA manga/Brotherhood. This kid is just amazing.

Kunisaki Yukito-Air All of Key's boys are win but Yukito's still my favorite.

Shidou-Nightwalker. He's a vampire....yet such a gentleman, a nice guy who instead of bitching about how much his life sucks, goes out of his way to help humans while making wisecracks about his own kind on the side. I LOVE HIM. And he is very pretty.

Negi Springfield- Too adorable. ^^ I likes wizards and I likes British and I likes......um.....*cough*youngerboyscough*

Otonashi Yuzuru-Angel Beats. He impressed me so much

Simon-Gurren Lagann-Um....ditto with being impressive. He grew up to be so GARRR. XD

Lelouch-Do I really need to explain?

Kyon-How can anyone NOT like him!? He's the straight man in a world of crazy. Add some sarcasm and snark and you've struck gold!

Gene Starwind-Outlaw Star. He is a cool dude. :O A little cocky but very badass. >:'D such an underrated show dammit

Last edited by Chiibi; 2011-03-02 at 01:33.
Chiibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-02, 13:36   Link #6
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

I think there was a thread like this before somewhere... but I can't find it atm.

Anyways my top 5:

Tomoya Ozazaki (Clannad) definitely in my opinion the most well developed main lead I've seen, and I find it personality quite likable and funny at times .

Koyomi Araragi (Bakemonogatari) his personality is just so win as it led to not only him helping Hitagi and others, but his reactions and imagination to thing that happen are greatly amusing.

Kyon (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya) I agree with Chiibi here .

Kraft Lawrence (Spice and Wolf) Without his exchanged with Holo, spice and wolf wouldn't have been so fun to watch, I have trouble imagining anyone else being able to fit the role so well.

Hasseo (.hack//roots+GU) has great character growth, and gets progressively more awesome especially his X-th form :3.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-02, 17:40   Link #7
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

#1 Kazuma - Scryed

#2 the Three main males of Blassreiter

#3 Tsukune from Rosario + Vampire
Old 2011-03-02, 18:45   Link #8
Haladflire65
*Artist

Mmmm, seconding Edward Elric, definitely. Others... this is the thread for me...

Hijikata Mamoru (Until Death Do Us Part) - a sketchy but badass master swordsman who also happens to be blind.
Nanashi (Sword of the Stranger) - another badass samurai whose awesomeness you can't deny.
Orihara Izaya + Heiwajima Shizuo (DRRR!) - They make DRRR for me.
Spike Spiegel (Cowboy Bebop) - Lovely backstory, nice attitude, awesome fighter.
Hei (DTB) - Love his double personality and again, badassery... Chinese Electric Batman FTW!
Alucard (Hellsing) - A rare all-powerful lead that works for me!
Sebastian Michaelis + Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) - a very interesting bishie pair with great banter and nice relationship.
Simon (TTGL) - Adorable turned badass....
Ginko (Mushishi) - Well, it's Ginko. Nuff said.
Kenzo Tenma (Monster) - Such a great Good Guy that you can immediately sympathize with!
Old 2011-03-03, 04:08   Link #9
Fujiwara
Digital Occultist

#1 Kyon (Suzumiya Haruhi - uh do I even need to mention )
Hands down... master of metaphor, a realist, logical, whimsical, yet possess an admirable resolute mind and never backs down from problem. For a normal male like me, Kyon is an ENIGMA

#2Itoshiki Nozomu (Sayonara Zetsubou-sensei)
This man has taught me the way to see everything from a different perspectives... the dark, ironic one... And yes, he more or less helped me in facing absurdity of society with a laugh
Fujiwara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-03, 05:40   Link #10
DangoMochi

Aikawa Ayumu (Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?) is becoming one of my favorite male leads.

He's funny and is pretty perverted unlike many others who I had seen
I really like how he's aware of what he is capable of doing as a zombie and how he uses his abilities to its full potential.

Spoiler for KoreZom Ayumu fight:
DangoMochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-03, 06:38   Link #11
mecharobot

-Kenshiro from Fist of the North Star.

Let me tell you that anime has a hard time creating reasonably aged, strong protagonists with an attidute. Ken is simply the man. He hardly shows any mercy for the scum he encounters and is always moving forwards as the post apocalyptic saviour. A man of power and respect who isn't afraid to follow his own ideals and goals.

-Hiraga-Keaton Taichi from Master Keaton.

A man with experience and unique views of life. He is a master of many things, but hasn't completely lost his childish fascination of the world around him. While he is experienced in combat and intelligence, he still isn't all powerful and such skills seem to be not what he values the most. Keaton, the Master of Life.

-Captain Harlock from Captain Harlock.

An age old archetype that died out a long time ago. He is the romantic hero who carries himself with dignity, charisma and enigmatic lines of thought. He is constantly carrying himself with a battle of dilemma and complex responsibilities. A space pirate, musician and an idealist that I can only describe as epic.

-Reinhard von Lohengramm from Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu.

I can say that rare are the people who act on their ambition. Reinhard decides to stake everything to it. The journey and scope of his goals are of majestic proportions and he doesn't hesitate to seize every opportunity to bring him closer to his ambitions. An icon, who only reveals his thoughts to the closest few people it the galaxy. Intelligence, charisma and determination of a vast amounts earns my respect.

Last edited by mecharobot; 2011-03-03 at 06:51.
mecharobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-04, 00:01   Link #12
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Ayumu@KoreZon, especially since he KO'ed Sera with his dismembered arm; he also decapitated a giant whale; and grabbing Kyouko, in order for Sera to stab both of them, granted though his outfit does not help

For more classic/boring definition, I'll go by Kamina@Lagann
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-04, 02:29   Link #13
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I see lots of good names on the board already, but I'll add a couple:

Kitamura Kou, Cross Game. The perfect balance of confidence and humility, snarkiness and seriousness, and general awesomeness. He's GAR without having to prove it and he's the puppet master, silently observing and guiding those around him without them realizing he's pulling the strings.

Chagum, Seirei no Moribito. One of the best male leads and best child leads of any series, anime or otherwise. Noble in the way it matters - not by blood, but by his heart and mind. Watching him grow over the course of 26 episodes and watching the way his innate decency impacted those around him was a joy.

Goro Honda, Major. Through all his incarnations, always GAR. Straight-ahead, foolish but noble, insanely talented and even more insanely competitive. He's everything a great shounen lead should be.

Kenshin Himura, Rurouni Kenshin. He's everything else a great shounen lead should be. In many ways I think Kenshin is the perfect character, which is a credit to his creator, Nobuhiro Watsuki. His circumstances are pathos incarnate but that wouldn't be enough to make him great; no, he's also gentle, sad yet whimsical, and indescribably GAR.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-04, 04:27   Link #14
Qikz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangoMochi View Post
Aikawa Ayumu (Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?) is becoming one of my favorite male leads.

He's funny and is pretty perverted unlike many others who I had seen
I really like how he's aware of what he is capable of doing as a zombie and how he uses his abilities to its full potential.

Spoiler for KoreZom Ayumu fight:
I'm feeling the same thing about Ayumu, he's becoming one of my favourites too.

Kyon (Haruhi) - He's just a normal guy in a group of a bunch of weirdos, well from his perspective at the start they all are.
Okozaki Tomoya (CLANNAD) - I can't really explain this one, I guess I just liked how funny he was.
Aikawa Ayumu (Korezom) - Just a genuinly funny chracter and the first harem style comedy lead who actually wants all of the girls, not that I'm saying the other type is bad or anything.
Kamijyo Touma (Toaru) - General badassery I think comes into play with Touma, everyone else uses spells and whatever to win and he just punches them in the face.
Kousaka Kyousuke (Ore no Imouto) - Funny, cool character who seems to get lumped into stupid situations by his otaku sister.
Rik (Arakawa Under the Bridge) - Cool character and it might be the fact I just love his seiyuu.
Itoshiki Sensei (Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei) - Once again another cool and very funny character.
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-04, 06:02   Link #15
Xacual

I can't believe I don't see Sugisaki Ken from Seitokai no Ichizon mentioned yet. I agree that Ayumu has gotten on to my list of favorites as well.

Others include:
Tomoki (Sora no Otoshimono)
Luffy (One Piece)
Tomoya (Clannad)
Kyon (Haruhi)

There are others but these are the most memorable to me.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-06, 00:59   Link #16
chachaboru
Banned

recruit- from arakawa, this guy is funny.... he is also smart and athletic.
tomoya- because he's really kind and nice, i also like how he loves his daughter and wife...
araragi- a vampire, he's helpful and very funny, i think he and recruit have the same voice actor...
oz bezarius- from pandora hearts, he's cute...
negi springfield- same with oz...
azuma kazuma- i like his cheerful personality and his has awesome bread inventions.
chachaboru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-06, 10:26   Link #17
Genten
has a custom user title

I'll bite but expect some pretty fangirly answers.

Mikado from Durarara!! (who was in my sig/icon until Sayaka took over). Cute, psycotic yandere/gire who runs a hidden gang called Dollars and stabs people with pens? Sign me up.

Monkey D. Luffy from One Piece. Strong, happy, and full of so much liquid awesome that you simply become happier by reading about him, Luffy is what all main characters of mainstream shounen manga should aspire to be.

Kyon from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. The requsite Deadpan Snarker of this series, Kyon's sarcasm is amusing and the cloudy role he plays in the grand scheme of things is pretty much the only reason I read the novels/watch the anime.
Old 2011-03-06, 10:33   Link #18
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Tenma Kenzo from Monster
The Apothecary from Bakeneko/Mononoke
Yaichi and Masa from House of Five Leaves
Tamaya Seikichi from Oh! Edo Rocket (I actually like Gin-san even more, but he's not the lead.)
Chagum from Seirei no Moribito
Chiaki Shinichi from Nodame Cantabile
Karasu from Noein

The lead in Level E is on track to join these guys. I like a number of male characters in Baccano!, but it's hard to designate any one of them as the "lead" in such an ensemble cast.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-10, 16:16   Link #19
LadyKikyo91
The Certified Fangirl

Yusuke Urameshi
Goku
Himura Kenshin
Old 2011-03-10, 23:01   Link #20
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Gutts from Berserk
Kenshiro from Hokuto no Ken

Yes, I like your traditional male badass/macho leads the most. I can definitely appreciate/love stories without such a character, but at the end of the day these types stand out the most in my mind.

As for comedy leads:

Onizuka from Great Teacher Onizuka
Harima from School Rumble

^Similar characters, though I'd probably say I like Onizuka a bit more since his character had a lot more depth. There are plenty others I can't think of right now but these 4 are representative of my favorites.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote