Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-02-21, 15:13   Link #1
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Durarara!! - Manga Discussion

This thread is for the discussion of the Durarara!! manga.

Please discuss the manga not the anime or the novels.
Please use Spoiler Tags wisely.

Have fun.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-23, 14:07   Link #2
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Bumping this since I've just seen the raw for chapter 10 is out. And since it's mostly an Anri focused chapter, I just have to post about it !

First off, she looks so cute in that cover <3 . Mikado "bukkaking" her cracked me up (you'll see). I also like how the mangaka portrayed Mika's story. The chapter also covers Namie's backstory, and it's more "graphic" than in the anime. Some people here are going to love that scene

There's also a short comic at the end about the seiyuu of the show, I think. I'm curious to see that translated, it looks pretty funny.
Old 2010-03-23, 14:17   Link #3
SageGaiGar
You are Next

Actually just located a scanlation of ch10. Should be going up in the usual spots soon I'd guess
Old 2010-03-23, 14:27   Link #4
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageGaiGar View Post
Actually just located a scanlation of ch10. Should be going up in the usual spots soon I'd guess
Yeah, I saw it right after I posted
They didn't see the comic I talked about included with it though, that's what interested me the most since I more or less already guessed the dialogues of the chapter from the anime.
Old 2010-05-19, 10:05   Link #5
Dia
Wanna be Dollars member

the drrr manga was affected by the news of mangahelpers and rawparadise???
Dia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-20, 00:39   Link #6
Renchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dia View Post
the drrr manga was affected by the news of mangahelpers and rawparadise???
Supposedly, not. the other titles that runs in the same magazine as DRRR!! still come in time. It's just the scanlation group a biiiiit slow (not really late tho).
Renchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-23, 23:32   Link #7
balolmeep

Anyone got any idea when more chapters are coming out?
balolmeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-30, 03:22   Link #8
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Chapter 12 is out now. The only thing new this time was Shizuo and Cely's discussion, I didn't know Simon was breaking up Izaya and Shizuo's fights even back when they were still in high school. And I think Mikado's ominous smile at the end wasn't in the anime either.

The seiyuu comic at the end was great. It depicts the recording session for episode 21, so it's a bit spoilerish. It looks like a great episode.
Old 2010-06-27, 14:42   Link #9
Iron Maw
Banned

Just caught up on this after putting it on hold until the show was over. It really interesting to see how much the manga and contrast each other. The tone and atmosphere generally darker and edger and certain a lot of the characters are empathized more.

Notable examples:

Namie- she's even more ruthless here and proactive with her brocon's tendencies.

Mikado- He's more mischievous and perceptive here than in the anime, hightlighted by he's now less than noble goal of saving Mika (he really just wanted meet Celty rather than helping Mika) and he immediately noticed that Celty's face was strange despite only looking at her from a glance for he first time.

Seiji & Mika- Seiji is a bit sympathetic here due to saving Mika and her being even more batshit here than both him and her anime counterpart. No concept of personal space at all even for a stalker, still they both nuts.

Erika & Walker- Slightly more disturbing here, but not by much.

Anri- So, far she's more or, less the same. We got to get to her arc to see how much she's really changed.

Masaomi- Ditto for him.

Looking forward to how the manga handles the climax and later arcs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Chapter 12 is out now. The only thing new this time was Shizuo and Cely's discussion, I didn't know Simon was breaking up Izaya and Shizuo's fights even back when they were still in high school. And I think Mikado's ominous smile at the end wasn't in the anime either.
Yeah that was nice, but I prefer anime's episode 3 overall, Shizuo street sign is rather tame compare to him punching a guy out of his clothes. I do love how Izaya casually slips under both Simon and Shizup though.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2010-06-27 at 15:00.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-22, 22:05   Link #10
LKK

Yen Press announced at SDCC that it licensed the Durarara!! manga. [Source]

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-26, 15:02   Link #11
Iron Maw
Banned

Damn, while Manga is nice I would much prefer the novels to come over especially to see how the anime compared with it.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-26, 18:37   Link #12
keri
ねぇ、知ってる?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Damn, while Manga is nice I would much prefer the novels to come over especially to see how the anime compared with it.
YenPress say they have some light novel licensing in the works, but it's too early to announce. If we're lucky, they'll do the DRRR!! light novel, too, and it's just taking longer to get it.
keri is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, shounen