AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kill La Kill

Notices

View Poll Results: Kill La Kill - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 28 45.16%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 25.81%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 19.35%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 3.23%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 4.84%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.61%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-12-19, 00:08   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Kill La Kill - Episode 12 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Kill La Kill, Episode 12.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2013-12-19, 12:29   Link #2
v1cious

Hands down the best episode so far. Mako continues to be awesome.
Old 2013-12-19, 14:53   Link #3
Raymondjram

Wow! I couldn't hold back my emotions after seeing that episode! I do accept that Mako is the key to Ryuko's survival. She could had bled to death or worse if Mako didn't jump in. And we know who Nui was and what happened to her left eye. She told the truth in Episode 11, but Ryuko's father fought back. Even his lab coat had Life Fibers.
Old 2013-12-19, 14:57   Link #4
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 12:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2013-12-19, 15:25   Link #5
Breimoon

umh.... i wonder if satsuki in realty was in contact with Ryuuko's father as accomplices and we saw her cause she was tryng to stop Harime Nui from killink isshin. And we still don't know why one eye of senketsu is closed, is it a restraint system or a battle injury?or just pirate fashion?
Old 2013-12-19, 19:02   Link #6
Avaricia
My Lord

People die when they're killed err... lose blood
Old 2013-12-19, 19:33   Link #7
Nvis
Where are the good animes

How many episodes is this series? Looks like another long arc coming...
Old 2013-12-19, 19:46   Link #8
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Like many people expected Ryuko and Senketsu ended up going berserk with rage this episode. That form certainly was monstrous in more ways than one. I guess Mako showed her usefulness though by bringing it to an end.~

And it's pretty much impossible to deny that Nui was the one who killed Isshin now, though she did it under orders from Satsuki, so I guess that means Ryuko still has reason to go after her. Interesting that we're already entering the second half of the show yet Satsuki is still giving off very antagonistic vibes.

Nice to see the flashback with Isshin and Nui too as it revealed a few things like Isshin being the one who created the scissor blades and how Nui lost her eye. Surprisingly Isshin was pretty powerful seeing he's the only character we've seen fight on equal ground with Nui.

I suppose while some information has come to light though, nothing has really changed from what the set-up was at the start. Ryuko plans to crush Satsuki's ambitions for the sake of revenge. Kind of hard to say at this point how Ragyo will fit into the picture later.
Old 2013-12-19, 20:13   Link #9
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

The plot returned these last two weeks. Satsuki is pretty much King Spiral by now. There has to be a reason for her actions.

Also, it looks like Shiro Emiya is giving classes here
Old 2013-12-19, 20:39   Link #10
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
The plot returned these last two weeks. Satsuki is pretty much King Spiral by now. There has to be a reason for her actions.

Also, it looks like Shiro Emiya is giving classes here
I had to stop the video and laugh for like 5 minutes when I saw that.
Old 2013-12-19, 20:48   Link #11
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
And it's pretty much impossible to deny that Nui was the one who killed Isshin now, though she did it under orders from Satsuki,
Satsuki only sent her there. She didn't give the order to kill him.

More importantly, she didn't have to tell Ryuuko that. I suppose she did it because, for some reason, she wants Ryuuko to keep antagonizing her. She must have some plan for Ryuuko.
Old 2013-12-19, 20:57   Link #12
BoyTitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Like many people expected Ryuko and Senketsu ended up going berserk with rage this episode. That form certainly was monstrous in more ways than one. I guess Mako showed her usefulness though by bringing it to an end.~

And it's pretty much impossible to deny that Nui was the one who killed Isshin now, though she did it under orders from Satsuki, so I guess that means Ryuko still has reason to go after her. Interesting that we're already entering the second half of the show yet Satsuki is still giving off very antagonistic vibes.

Nice to see the flashback with Isshin and Nui too as it revealed a few things like Isshin being the one who created the scissor blades and how Nui lost her eye. Surprisingly Isshin was pretty powerful seeing he's the only character we've seen fight on equal ground with Nui.

I suppose while some information has come to light though, nothing has really changed from what the set-up was at the start. Ryuko plans to crush Satsuki's ambitions for the sake of revenge. Kind of hard to say at this point how Ragyo will fit into the picture later.
Satsuki is Nui only equal so far different styles of fighting but ill put her as a equal reason why the 2 will never fight. On that topic Isshin was curb stomped what do you mean equal all he did was luckily take Nui eye due to Ryuko coming home.

She probably needs Ryuko to have a reason to fight but one she can controll to limit her rage. She wants her to have ambition but not blind rage.
Old 2013-12-19, 21:07   Link #13
ChampDream
Alive

so it look like Ryuko went berserker, but thanks to the power of Mako she went back to normal, Mako was really awesome as always.
Old 2013-12-19, 21:28   Link #14
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Satsuki only sent her there. She didn't give the order to kill him.
Right right. Double checking it seems like Nui only ended up killing him because of her personal spite for the guy for being ahead of her in life fibre research, and him taking her eye was the last straw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyTitan View Post
Satsuki is Nui only equal so far different styles of fighting but ill put her as a equal reason why the 2 will never fight. On that topic Isshin was curb stomped what do you mean equal all he did was luckily take Nui eye due to Ryuko coming home.
No he actually managed to get a few clean blows on her, 3 at the very least, and that's plenty more than any other character has accomplished since she appeared. So I think it's sensible to consider him at least a near-equal in power.
Old 2013-12-19, 21:28   Link #15
takai
Easy Muffin

First half of the season was fun and unique. However, this show was over-hyped. Hopefully the second half remains just as fun and entertaining.
Old 2013-12-19, 21:55   Link #16
Lime soda

One of the best and worst episodes for me. Geez, I'm so annoyed by Nui that I just skipped most of the scenes whenever she talked. She's godmoding and brushing off almost everything effortlessly while acting excessively cute. I thought the musician girl was bad at first but she's gotten way better when she lost. I might just not like the way this show does cute characters period.
Old 2013-12-19, 22:33   Link #17
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Really good episode. Intense as always and I'm guessing this is what happened to the lady that Tsumugu was talking about.

Satsuki planning against her mother? hmm
Old 2013-12-19, 23:04   Link #18
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lime soda View Post
One of the best and worst episodes for me. Geez, I'm so annoyed by Nui that I just skipped most of the scenes whenever she talked. She's godmoding and brushing off almost everything effortlessly while acting excessively cute. I thought the musician girl was bad at first but she's gotten way better when she lost. I might just not like the way this show does cute characters period.
The motto of this show could probably be summed up as "F*** cute". There's only three characters on the show that could be considered "cute", and they've all got problems.

Nui is the most stereotypically cute, but is also psychotically randomly psychotic to the degree that even the most unstable, self-hating, yandere otaku would avoid her. (By "yandere otaku" I mean "otaku of yandere", not "otaku who is yandere", though I guess there could be some overlap) Did I mention she's psychotic?

Nonon is also somewhat cute, but frankly annoyingly so. She's also in the wrong setting for her character type. Deredere for a character who will can never reciprocate her feelings, and tsuntsun for everyone else is a dangerous path at Honnouji. She'll be as broken as Nui by the time this is all over.

Then we have Mako. She ends up being really the only cute character in the show, and she truly is cute (not to mention god-level awesome), but she's basically just a background character up-jumped to comic relief, to the point that everyone seems convinced that she's going to be killed to advance the plot in any given week. She's cute, but she's also a running joke.

And I say thank our new insect overlords for it. Too much of anime has been deadened and dulled by carbon copy cookie cutter anime where the girls—hell, all the characters, for that matter—fit cleanly into meticulously prescribed molds, and TRIGGER just says "F*** that, we're gonna have some fun." This truly is the anime that's saving anime.
Old 2013-12-20, 00:34   Link #19
MCAL

"People die when they are killed by blood loss!" A fact of life. Mako provides such good moments.

So I was wrong and Nui is actually the murderer. Though I still think something is off. I kin of hoped the end of the first cour would flip the whole story around, but we'll see how this goes.
Old 2013-12-20, 00:38   Link #20
BoyTitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
"People die when they are killed by blood loss!" A fact of life. Mako provides such good moments.

So I was wrong and Nui is actually the murderer. Though I still think something is off. I kin of hoped the end of the first cour would flip the whole story around, but we'll see how this goes.
To many plot twist can be bad I think this series realizes that.