AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-12-25, 20:26   Link #9741
Homura7

Merry Christmas!

As a present I got the raw in HQ only for you.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-25, 21:36   Link #9742
Xiammes

Merry Christmas, my volume 15 came in the mail yesterday, was very pleased it came on Christmas eve.

Avvesione, where did you get volumes 1-5, CDjapan only has volumes 6 and up.
Old 2012-12-26, 00:37   Link #9743
Kefit

Whoa. What a fucked up chapter of Needless.

Spoiler:
Kefit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-26, 03:05   Link #9744
Avvesione

I need to catch-up on this thread but figured I should post this here since I think everyone would be interested in reading it. It's rather lengthy and extensive, but I go into why I absolutely love Cruz's development as a character and why I feel that it is the greatest thing about Needless.

http://avvesione.wordpress.com/2012/...d-in-needless/

I hope you all enjoy reading it as much as I did writing it!

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiammes View Post
Merry Christmas, my volume 15 came in the mail yesterday, was very pleased it came on Christmas eve.

Nice, happy readings!

I've bought everything through a local bookstore that's part of a chain in Japan. I'm able to order anything from the main stores in Japan, so that's how I was able to buy Volumes 1-13 of Needless last year at one time. It's also how I'm able to have a subscription to Ultra Jump.

The store is Kinokuniya and they have a few branches in the US. I'm not sure where you live but they have 4 stores in CA, and one in NYC, Seattle, and Portland. It looks like a few stores are stocking Needless (4 stores have Volume 15 on their shelf), so you might be able to order it from one of them and have them ship it to you. Here's a link: http://www.kinokuniya.com/us/index.p...tion=keySearch

Last edited by Avvesione; 2012-12-26 at 03:52.
Avvesione is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-26, 04:12   Link #9745
Ynot

Quote:
To offer you an alternative to Avvesione's suggestion, Yesasia.com has what you're looking for too. I bought a couple of Needless vols there when benippon.com went out of business. It has worldwide shipping and free shipping if you order for 39 dollars or more. Aclimatesolution.com is another store which I've used more than once. Their prices are cheaper but they don't offer free shipping.

Last edited by Ynot; 2013-01-19 at 03:29.
Ynot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-26, 06:55   Link #9746
Xiammes

I'll guess I will use Yesasia.com, its almost twice as much but that free shipping is worth it, just have to buy in bulk.

Quote:
I need to catch-up on this thread but figured I should post this here since I think everyone would be interested in reading it. It's rather lengthy and extensive, but I go into why I absolutely love Cruz's development as a character and why I feel that it is the greatest thing about Needless.

http://avvesione.wordpress.com/2012/...d-in-needless/

I hope you all enjoy reading it as much as I did writing it!
I enjoyed the read, this entry reminded me of a picture I made on /a/.

Spoiler for Image:
Old 2012-12-26, 12:28   Link #9747
Homura7

One thing has been made clear with these latest developments.

If this decisive fight is ever going to end with the victory over Arclight, it won't be through strenght but, once more as it happened back with the fights against Arca or Strom among others, through strategy and wit, as well as a helping hand from someone in the enemy side.

Arclight has proven to be far too powerful, to the point he isn't even using any fragment, and he's got an impenetrable barrier around him.

It's now when Cruz should stop and recall Arca's last words, which I believe is the key or at least the main step to bring Arclight down once and for all.

The main question is, when she mentioned, "the right and the left hand of God", was she using rhetoric words or by "right" and "left" she meant... Uten and Saten? When you think about it, Arca knew Arclight always boasts of being God. In addition, those two always flank him wherever he goes.

I don't think Arca ever knew of Cruz's fragment to begin with.

Oh, and for all we know, Uten might be already there, only no one can't see him at the moment. It will be interesting if Kafka comes too, because I can't wait to see his reaction when he finds out Cruz is the girl who warned him about his fate.
Old 2012-12-26, 19:37   Link #9748
Xiammes

Quote:
I don't think Arca ever knew of Cruz's fragment to begin with.
She had to of, or else she wouldn't have hid the chip in his head and not hers. Also when Cruz stopped her from moving she instantly expected it was Cruz. She had to have known.
Old 2012-12-26, 20:24   Link #9749
Kurohane

Spoiler for theory:

Quote:
She had to of, or else she wouldn't have hid the chip in his head and not hers. Also when Cruz stopped her from moving she instantly expected it was Cruz. She had to have known.
I am still partial to this. Disk and the others may have said that, but I'm taking what they said at face value due to certain reasons. Aruka refers to the person as "him", and by reasonable deduction, Cruz would be the most likely person. However, as the manga has proven, the obvious answer is not likely the correct one.

Last edited by Kurohane; 2012-12-26 at 22:36.
Kurohane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-26, 22:33   Link #9750
ShiroiRyu

Oh man ... Human "seeds" ...
And our two girls are dead. :'(
Old 2012-12-26, 22:49   Link #9751
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
The atmosphere has turned into despair. The good guys are dying and they're completely outmatched, backstabbed, played, whatever.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-26, 23:09   Link #9752
Robotech Master

I'm still leaning towards that Seth and Solva being fake or them somehow able to return. Maybe they didn't have time to clone them right this instant, but maybe what they did instead was save their memories and take the bio data from this point in time so they can bring them back later, like Uten and Kafka were.

Either way, I'm saying this because while I wouldn't put it past this manga to have some shockingly abrupt character deaths, if that was the end for them for the whole manga it should have at least been a shockingly abrupt death "on screen."
Robotech Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-27, 00:41   Link #9753
Xiammes

Decided to update this.

Spoiler for image:

It don't think the middle Arclight was ever meant to be apart of the 12, meaning this picture only has 11 of the 12 holders. Which also means number 5 likely isn't Cruz since that has yet to be reveled.
Old 2012-12-27, 01:09   Link #9754
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

so many plot twist...

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-27, 01:11   Link #9755
Robotech Master

Quote:
Decided to update this.

Spoiler for image:

It don't think the middle Arclight was ever meant to be apart of the 12, meaning this picture only has 11 of the 12 holders. Which also means number 5 likely isn't Cruz since that has yet to be reveled.
Well, one of the Stigmata's is the Doppleganger with Zero thing, which I'm still not 100% sure I fully understand. Neither Zero or PFZero are by themselves a Stigmata, and shouldn't be because they are artificial. So is Doppleganger by itself a Stigmata fragment, and that's why Blade lost his? But then why doesn't Eve have one...or does she and she just hasn't awakened it? Or is it really the combo? But then if it's the combo, why? Why would that one Stigmata seemingly be the only one to require a Zero partnership to be a Stigmata?

That aside, we know Bermuda, Psychokinesis, 4th/5th Wave, Graviton, Magnetic World, Rainmaker, Flame, Agnishwattas, and Ice are each individual Stigmatas. That's 9. He has 11 now that he gained 2 of the 3 he was missing. If Doppleganger is one, that's 10. So the ones we don't know are actually 2: one he does have but he hasn't used yet, and one he doesn't have.
Robotech Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-27, 01:16   Link #9756
Kurohane

Quote:
Decided to update this.

Spoiler for image:

I was certain that 7 was the Darumi machine, meaning Kanna, but yeah, that's unlikely now. She's going to be one of the ones eliminated if the strike isn't called off soon. 11 is the shadow figure, no doubt about that. We just don't know who he is unfortunately. I think Arclight does count, because he does posess a Stigmata.

Psylocke scans just released an english version. After reading the chapter again, I don't think Set and Solva are going to make a counterattack inside Arclight, because he really eats them. You can see blood gushing out from his shoulder "mouth". It's disgusting. If he just absorbed them I would be more inclined to believe it, but now . . . no, not possible.

I'm still hoping for Cruz to compare Gido with Aruka. Just have to wait until next chapter. The more chapters that have been released lately, the more waiting has become a pain. Anyone else have that feeling?

Last edited by Kurohane; 2012-12-27 at 02:04.
Kurohane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-27, 01:43   Link #9757
Xiammes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
Well, one of the Stigmata's is the Doppleganger with Zero thing, which I'm still not 100% sure I fully understand. Neither Zero or PFZero are by themselves a Stigmata, and shouldn't be because they are artificial. So is Doppleganger by itself a Stigmata fragment, and that's why Blade lost his? But then why doesn't Eve have one...or does she and she just hasn't awakened it? Or is it really the combo? But then if it's the combo, why? Why would that one Stigmata seemingly be the only one to require a Zero partnership to be a Stigmata?

That aside, we know Bermuda, Psychokinesis, 4th/5th Wave, Graviton, Magnetic World, Rainmaker, Flame, Agnishwattas, and Ice are each individual Stigmatas. That's 9. He has 11 now that he gained 2 of the 3 he was missing. If Doppleganger is one, that's 10. So the ones we don't know are actually 2: one he does have but he hasn't used yet, and one he doesn't have.
Arclight does have the stigmata for doppleganger, so thats why he is #9 most likely and we scratch Kafka off the list.

Also Kanna can be #7, Arclight could have just re invaded the city after Seth and Solva left.
Old 2012-12-27, 11:27   Link #9758
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
Just have to wait until next chapter. The more chapters that have been released lately, the more waiting has become a pain. Anyone else have that feeling?
Agreed. We are at a stage where all the plot threads that had been left hanging since the very beggining of the story are being solved one afer another while creating new ones, so much every new chapter is a heap of unexpected plot twists and shockingly big revelations. It leaves us at the edge of our seats and we just want more and more, but have to wait another month to get our dose. It's a pain in the ass, sure. But the wait always is worth it.

As for Seth and Solva, I don't know about the later, but in the Black Spot doujin that takes place somewhere in the middle of the second part of the story, there's a girl whose name is Seth.

If they are not making a counterattack, I believe is now when that big sword is gonna play its true purpose.
Old 2012-12-27, 12:59   Link #9759
Ynot

Quote:
I was certain that 7 was the Darumi machine, meaning Kanna, but yeah, that's unlikely now.
I just always figured it was an old guy with a beard and staff.
Spoiler for redtrace:

I guess it goes with the territory when cloning technology is available to have suspicions, but as much as I like Solva, I really hope it was the real Seto and Solva which got devoured by Arclight. We've already seen people turning out to be alive when they were supposed to be dead, but if Seto and Solva join those ranks it becomes harder and harder for me to take death serious anymore.

By the way it looks like Seto had those Edenseed spear marks on her belly when she was eaten. I'm not sure whether that means anything because she didn't have those anymore when infiltrating Simeon's headquarters as a prisoner, but it was just something I noticed.
Ynot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-27, 18:58   Link #9760
Sayo A.
Presumably Pentadactyl

Quote:
I was certain that 7 was the Darumi machine, meaning Kanna, but yeah, that's unlikely now. She's going to be one of the ones eliminated if the strike isn't called off soon. 11 is the shadow figure, no doubt about that. We just don't know who he is unfortunately. I think Arclight does count, because he does posess a Stigmata.
I always thought number 11 was supposed to be Blade (his face being in shadow because at that point in the story it hadn't yet been revealed that he used to possess a Stigmata). But frankly, I don't think that picture can tell us very much, given that most of the Stigmata holders we know of just don't match those silhouettes. Actually, I suspect Imai hadn't decided who the holders were going to be, and simply made up a bunch of likely-looking candidates (who would probably have ended up as cannon fodder for Arclight if they had ever been introduced), but then changed his mind and parcelled out the Stigmata to existing characters instead. I know it's somewhat heretical to suggest he hadn't planned out every single detail of the whole story years in advance, but there you go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ynot View Post
I guess it goes with the territory when cloning technology is available to have suspicions, but as much as I like Solva, I really hope it was the real Seto and Solva which got devoured by Arclight. We've already seen people turning out to be alive when they were supposed to be dead, but if Seto and Solva join those ranks it becomes harder and harder for me to take death serious anymore.
I agree. I know we don't want the characters we know and love to end up dead, but let's stop clutching at straws here. Seth and Solva are gone, and they're not coming back. (Though I wouldn't mind a flashback showing how they died, because that really demands some kind of explanation...)

By the way, did anyone else notice there were no jokes in this chapter? Not a single one. That's pretty unusual for this series...

Tags
action, comedy, seinen