AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2009-01-25, 11:27   Link #1
Hakuryu
Klutz

Multiple Computer/Vista Problems

It seems that all of a sudden my computer is acting strange. (I have Vista Home Premium)

Lemme see, the first thing is my Firefox. It doesn't open when I click the icon. I've tried "open as administrator", as well as deleting it entirely from my computer and re-installing it from the Mozilla website. (I have the most recent version 3.0.5) It'll sometimes work if I have an image and ask my computer to open it with Firefox, but that works about 50% of the time. Otherwise it doesn't open at all.

The next problem is that Vista cannot check for updates. This has been going on for quite a while but now it's starting to worry me. It's always been the same error too: Code 80244019. I've searched it on google and tried a couple of suggestions but no luck. Since I share this computer with my family member I don't want to do something I'd regret so a safe suggestion would be loved.

The third and most annoying problem is that my computer keeps shutting down out of no where. I get the famous Blue Screen of Death...or whatever you all call it. Again, I'm worried to try anything I might regret so yeah...

If any of these problems are serious please let me know how I can fix them. Oh, um, please keep in mind that I'm not up with the computer lingo so if you could help me in laments terms that'd be great. ^^;
Old 2009-01-25, 12:38   Link #2
ninjinsamax3

For the third question, do you know the BIOS code?

When have all these problems started to happen?
Did you do a virus-scan just to be safe?

Try a system restore to before this happened.

edit:
Did you try opening FireFox from the Program Files folder?
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_Manager
Try this.

And what other troubleshooting have you done for FireFox, so I might not have to repeat them

For BSODs, they can get serious to a point to buy new hardware, but that would depend on the code.

Did you try the registry fix? I think this must be one of those Vista bugs. Is your Vista service pack 1?

Last edited by ninjinsamax3; 2009-01-25 at 12:49.
ninjinsamax3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-25, 12:53   Link #3
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

If all are connected through a virus or some corruption in your system, then solving one problem may not be pleasing enough. Use your virus scanner (if it is not also disabled), and download hijackthis, and post your output at forums where people can trace it to see for any obvious problems. If your system is corrupted, you can try system restore, but I am not sure whether it will solve things or mess things further. (and blue screen is a serious problem, can point to hardware problems, so you may need to also update your drivers yourself, just to eliminate that part of the concern.)
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-25, 13:46   Link #4
Hakuryu
Klutz

Okay, I'm still having a difficult time understanding what you guys are saying but I'll explain to the best of my ability.

I download the hijackthis program and scanned my computer as well as fixed quite a few things. It asked me to restart my computer to apply the changes so I restarted, the blue screen showed up before I could log into my computer name. I wrote down a few things that I think might be important:

Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing
Stop: 0x0000008E (0xc0000005, 0x8c604A9D, 0x9EC50F38, 0x00000000)

I rebooted my computer again and now my Firefox is working...but I don't know if anything else is solved. I'm sorry, I don't know much about computers.

When I check for updates I still get the error Code 80244019.
Old 2009-01-25, 14:02   Link #5
ninjinsamax3

Did you try the registry fix for the Vista update?

Check if you have a minidump file.
It should be in the Windows folder in the C: Drive.

Copy the file and then send it to me uploading it somewhere. I don't know if there's attachment here.

It should be dated so get me a few of those files if you have more than one.
Old 2009-01-25, 14:14   Link #6
Hakuryu
Klutz

I found the minidump folder with 22 .dmp files in it. Do you need me to upload the entire folder somewhere for you?
Old 2009-01-25, 14:18   Link #7
ninjinsamax3

Yep, if this was a recent problem, give me the files that are most recent. If they are the same dates, that is fine too. Just put it in a zip file. Then use megaupload or something to upload it.
Old 2009-01-25, 14:21   Link #8
Hakuryu
Klutz

Here's a MediaFire link to the file.
Old 2009-01-25, 14:23   Link #9
ninjinsamax3

Lol, it says it has a virus.

edit:
Mpfp.sys

This seems to be your problem for the most part.
Do you use McAffee anti-virus?

There are trojans that hides itself as that.

I think Mpfp.sys this was also the cause of the firefox problem too.

Last edited by ninjinsamax3; 2009-01-25 at 14:43.
Old 2009-01-25, 18:16   Link #10
Hakuryu
Klutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjinsamax3 View Post
Lol, it says it has a virus.

edit:
Mpfp.sys

This seems to be your problem for the most part.
Do you use McAffee anti-virus?

There are trojans that hides itself as that.

I think Mpfp.sys this was also the cause of the firefox problem too.
Whoa, you scared me. D:

I used to have McAafee but it was uninstalled about a week ago (I dont' remember why because I didn't do it)

Do I just delete that file to fix the problem...or something else?
Old 2009-01-25, 18:45   Link #11
ninjinsamax3

Yes, you have to clear out that file. And also clearing out anything related to it.
Old 2009-07-07, 17:12   Link #12
Hakuryu
Klutz

Bringing up an old problem that's still annoying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakuryu View Post
(I have Vista Home Premium)

The next problem is that Vista cannot check for updates. This has been going on for quite a while but now it's starting to worry me. It's always been the same error too: Code 80244019. I've searched it on google and tried a couple of suggestions but no luck. Since I share this computer with my family member I don't want to do something I'd regret so a safe suggestion would be loved.
I still have the same problem, but now the error code: 80070005
My situation is also the same as before; I've Googled for answers but I don't want to try something that might wreck the computer.

I haven't been able to update this computer since I got it about 2 years ago because an error always pops up saying it cannot search for updates for one reason or another.
Old 2009-07-07, 19:11   Link #13
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

The best thing you can try to do is install the recent service pack... You may have to install SP1 before SP2 if you don't have SP1. If that doesn't work, try deleting the SoftwareDistribution folder on Windows folder to reset Windows Update.