AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2009-10-11, 04:48   Link #981
prescience
Friendly Satanist

Wasn't she also dying at the time, though? (not that that made a difference to the redshirts...) That whole "coughing up blood" thing? It would be nice if the movie explains that...
prescience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-11, 05:20   Link #982
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal

well it does explained a bit in the anime. Her body was supported with her magic, but that must have its limit. But why it was supported with magic, it wasn't told. I guess she used it to prolong her lifespan to keep researching to revive Alicia
PhoenixG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-11, 10:40   Link #983
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Even doing that, though, Precia was pretty strong. I'd pay good money to see her curbstomp Nanoha.

Better yet, why not a Lindy vs Precia smackdown? That would be a fight of epic proportions.
Old 2009-10-11, 10:42   Link #984
prescience
Friendly Satanist

Yes please do want.
Old 2009-10-11, 13:27   Link #985
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post

Better yet, why not a Lindy vs Precia smackdown? That would be a fight of epic proportions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prescience View Post
Yes please do want.
Oh, yeah! Fate's mothers throwing down! Except that for plot reasons it's unlikely that they'd let Lindy curbstomp her the way I'd like to see.
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-11, 13:31   Link #986
prescience
Friendly Satanist

It would be nice to see Lindy in combat at all... It's been a while since I rewatched season 1, but IIRC she only even used magic once. I wonder if they would keep the fairy wings...
Old 2009-10-11, 15:13   Link #987
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I would like to see Precia Testarossa fight directly against Nanoha this time. That was perhaps one of my few disappointments with the original Nanoha anime; the anime felt pretty anti-climatic after Fate turned to the protagonist side.

Precia beating up Nanoha badly, and hence forcing Fate to defend her from her mom, could make for a very poignant and powerful scene. Throwing in Chrono and perhaps you could have a good evenly matched fight with Chrono, Fate, and Nanoha all having to work as a team against Precia.
Old 2009-10-11, 15:32   Link #988
GlancingReverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Precia beating up Nanoha badly, and hence forcing Fate to defend her from her mom, could make for a very poignant and powerful scene. Throwing in Chrono and perhaps you could have a good evenly matched fight with Chrono, Fate, and Nanoha all having to work as a team against Precia.
I would want that a lot more if it didn't sound like it would make Precia overly competent.
GlancingReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-11, 15:44   Link #989
Takamura Mamoru
The Hawk

Quote:
I would like to see Precia Testarossa fight directly against Nanoha this time.
But.. Precia is way too powerful, isn't she? She's probably an SSS rank mage.
Old 2009-10-11, 17:30   Link #990
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlancingReverse View Post
I would want that a lot more if it didn't sound like it would make Precia overly competent.
Well... it's more an issue of sheer power. I'm thinking that you'd need at least two of the three (Nanoha, Chrono, and Fate), and perhaps all three, to have a good evenly matched fight with Precia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takamura Mamoru View Post
But.. Precia is way too powerful, isn't she? She's probably an SSS rank mage.
One-on-one, Nanoha wouldn't have a chance. But with a little help from her friends...
Old 2009-10-11, 17:42   Link #991
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Precia is S-ranked, if I recall. Barring, perhaps, Reinforce I don't believe we've ever seen a SSS-ranked mage.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-11, 18:29   Link #992
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
One-on-one, Nanoha wouldn't have a chance. But with a little help from her friends...
I still say Precia could curbstomp Nanoha and still have the energy to hand out a beatdown to Chrono and Fate.

*shot*
Old 2009-10-11, 19:14   Link #993
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
I still say Precia could curbstomp Nanoha and still have the energy to hand out a beatdown to Chrono and Fate.

*shot*
LOL. You could be right. I just want to see Precia in action this time! I want to see her doing more than frying TSAB ground forces.
Old 2009-10-11, 20:14   Link #994
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

OMG what have I started in here?!

My only gripe at the moment is that I interpreted Precia not taking the girls head-on because Fate had gone to their side when they got to her. It's part of a "alternate look" at the events that I take, which in my eyes, she does love Fate, and only hates on her so that Fate wouldn't become attached to her and experience loss when Precia's time came, be it by death or ascension to Alhazred, of which she thought she could only send herself and Alicia over. Her last look before falling sorta gave the game away.

That scene made me imagine her mentally whispering "Live on, Fate!" as she descended... You know, typical anime melodrama.

We might still be able to fight an awesome fight in otherwise, like Precia testing Fate's friendship and yielding when she is certain the girl will be well looked for. Of course, all in her thoughts and never mentioning a word would make the effect better.
Old 2009-10-12, 06:50   Link #995
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by prescience View Post
I wonder if they would keep the fairy wings...
If they don't, I shall cry.
Old 2009-10-12, 08:44   Link #996
Takamura Mamoru
The Hawk

Hmm, I believe Precia being truly evil and really hating Fate is an important point though. Fate overcame that fact and found self-worth all by herself. And she went back to give her a last chance, not because she was delusional but because she's, as Fate said, her mother.

It makes her a strong minded character. I really like that.

But actually thinking Precia canonically had feelings for her is... Bullshit.
Old 2009-10-12, 10:22   Link #997
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takamura Mamoru View Post
Hmm, I believe Precia being truly evil and really hating Fate is an important point though. Fate overcame that fact and found self-worth all by herself. And she went back to give her a last chance, not because she was delusional but because she's, as Fate said, her mother.

It makes her a strong minded character. I really like that.

But actually thinking Precia canonically had feelings for her is... Bullshit.
I agree 99% with you.

Basically, I agree with you up until Fate's last meeting with Precia. I think that Precia betrayed the slightest touch of feelings for Fate there... but it was a tiny bit of sentimental attachment against an overwhelming wave of loathing and resentment.
Old 2009-10-12, 11:47   Link #998
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
Ah i had the concept in my head when i saw it the first and second time 'i screwed up, it's too late, i'll cut ties and finish what i started'

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 12:10   Link #999
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I wonder how Alicia would've reacted had she found out that she had a new little sister and her mother treated her like crap. >.>
Old 2009-10-12, 13:01   Link #1000
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by itanshi1 View Post
Ah i had the concept in my head when i saw it the first and second time 'i screwed up, it's too late, i'll cut ties and finish what i started'
I think that Precia is too proud a woman to admit to herself that she screwed up.

Tags
movie