AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

View Poll Results: Darker Than Black - Episode 03 Rating
Perfect 10 35 27.34%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 49 38.28%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 32 25.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 3.91%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.34%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.56%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.78%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.78%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-23, 14:30   Link #101
Joe_fh

Still haven't wathced it (funny how that works) though I must say something about that phrase. I'm not japanese or anything but that kind of phrase is overused in animes...sort of. Still isn't it possible for him to be kind of talking to himself in front of Mao? Like when someone is angry or concerned aobut someone else and he kind of makes promise to a person that isn't actually there? Example: "Yin, I'll kill that woman" (I promise omitted) - a kind of promise to himself to reconfirm what he has to do.
Though that works both ways - promising to himself he'll kill Yin.
Both things might explain why he's in the state he is -first one Yin has been killed by someone and for the second as Shinji said he migh be trying to convince himself that he must kill Yin.
The second one would also give a more clear meaning to what you guys said Suou said about killing a loved one and Hei getting mad.

I seriously should go watch it now.
Old 2009-10-23, 15:44   Link #102
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Wow that episode flew by, even though I ended up watching it twice again. At this point I'm inclined to say that whatever Shion gave Suou (that necklace) somehow took Hei's powers and redistributed them to her. It's been said before that Hei has only scratched the surface of what Bai could do and I also thought that someone said that Bai's powers involved manipulating space and matter. And now that Suou is at least able to make that gun teleport (wasn't that the gun she said was useless in an earlier episode? and the "magical girl" scene where the gun appeared made me giggle) and Hei is powerless this seems to make sense. Although I would really like Hei to get his power back, like someone said earlier, instead of just schocking people into unconsciousness (which seems to be what Hei usually does) now he is actually having to hurt them in some seriously painful ways.
Also interested to see that Kirihara is responsible for ordinary people knowing about contractors, I had been puzzled why all the kids seemed to know about them but it just didn't ring any alarm bells. I hope she's still playing the good cop this season, it would suck if everyone went over to the grey/darker grey side.
Old 2009-10-23, 15:50   Link #103
Knight_SV

i hope hei gets his power back later.... though souo is the protagonist but hei is the reason why the show is called darker than black
Old 2009-10-23, 15:51   Link #104
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Am I the only one who find Suou character to be increadibly interesting, a refreshing new protagonist and her awakening as a pseudo contractor as something incredibly sad? Since becoming a contractor normally kills someone character, unless you are a protagonist and can somehow come to terms with it... aw well, let's see where this is headed.
Old 2009-10-23, 15:54   Link #105
Joe_fh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Am I the only one who find Suou character to be increadibly interesting, a refreshing new protagonist and her awakening as a pseudo contractor as something incredibly sad?
Nope you're not alone
Old 2009-10-23, 16:46   Link #106
Proto

Yup, looking at other threads it seems many people share my sentiments. It seems all the people are fixated in one single line of the episode. i never cared much for Yin personally, so i guess I'll be left out of the loop for much of the series discussion.
Old 2009-10-23, 16:58   Link #107
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
A new contractor is born. Also yay for Misaki Kirihara.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Old 2009-10-23, 18:28   Link #108
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Dude making origami as a remuneration. How easy is that?
Old 2009-10-23, 18:43   Link #109
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

From my own middling knowledge of Japanese, I'd be very surprised if Shinji103 isn't right and what Hei meant was that he wanted to kill Yin.

Whether he really will or not, and why, I don't know.

And yeah, so far I'm finding Suou a very interesting character, and easy to sympathize with. I mean, not what she ever expected, right? From "ordinary" (sort of) 14-15 year old to your father dead, your brother gone, and lying naked on the floor having been bound up by a vicious contractor. All in two days. And then you find that you're one of "them."

The idea that Shion is some kind of imaginary alter ego for her is another interesting possibility.

I'm glad that her compensation appears to be something she can easily do. Cutting off a bit of your own hair doesn't seem so terrible, either. Kissing a guy depends on the guy, lol. I liked that bit of pseudo-yuri in ep2 where Mina washed out the taste of Genma with a taste of Kyouko.

I can understand why some people are a little put off by these bows to other genres' memes, like the magical girl routine, Genma's game talk, etc. I'm not, but they have to be careful not to suck the seriousness out of things.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2009-10-23, 18:57   Link #110
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
From my own middling knowledge of Japanese, I'd be very surprised if Shinji103 isn't right and what Hei meant was that he wanted to kill Yin.

Whether he really will or not, and why, I don't know.

And yeah, so far I'm finding Suou a very interesting character, and easy to sympathize with. I mean, not what she ever expected, right? From "ordinary" (sort of) 14-15 year old to your father dead, your brother gone, and lying naked on the floor having been bound up by a vicious contractor. All in two days. And then you find that you're one of "them."

The idea that Shion is some kind of imaginary alter ego for her is another interesting possibility.

I'm glad that her compensation appears to be something she can easily do. Cutting off a bit of your own hair doesn't seem so terrible, either. Kissing a guy depends on the guy, lol. I liked that bit of pseudo-yuri in ep2 where Mina washed out the taste of Genma with a taste of Kyouko.

I can understand why some people are a little put off by these bows to other genres' memes, like the magical girl routine, Genma's game talk, etc. I'm not, but they have to be careful not to suck the seriousness out of things.
Mmm BSS' subs had him saying he'll kill Yin.
Old 2009-10-23, 19:41   Link #111
hero147

Tanya just went super-sexy. Period
Old 2009-10-23, 19:50   Link #112
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Am I the only one who find Suou character to be increadibly interesting, a refreshing new protagonist and her awakening as a pseudo contractor as something incredibly sad? Since becoming a contractor normally kills someone character, unless you are a protagonist and can somehow come to terms with it... aw well, let's see where this is headed.
The Moratorium chick who evolved into a contractor survived in first season.

Not alone. I happy to have Suou and July as a 1-2 combo.
Old 2009-10-23, 19:53   Link #113
Vanehei
Sousuke rules

Send a message via MSN to Vanehei
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
The Moratorium chick survived in first season.

Not alone. I happy to have Suou and July as a 1-2 combo.
Mai, the moratorium chick become a contractor and then , in the final episode, she died protecting saturn ring.... Amargiri kill her....
Old 2009-10-23, 20:14   Link #114
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

So some contractors can have the same remuneration? Because Brita and Mina both have to kiss other people as their remuneration.
Old 2009-10-23, 20:15   Link #115
Vanehei
Sousuke rules

Send a message via MSN to Vanehei
They are similar... Hazuki has to kiss a man in the mouth.... Brita just has to kiss someone.
Old 2009-10-23, 20:27   Link #116
qxrt

Rather than Hei's power, Suou could've inherited August 7's power of spatial control. After all, she visualized and created a weapon out of thin air, just like August 7, and he also happened to be in that electrified circle back when Suou first became Contractor-like.
Old 2009-10-23, 20:30   Link #117
Proto

Quote:
The Moratorium chick who evolved into a contractor survived in first season.
I meant killing her character as in personality, and Mai is the perfect example of it. Well, then again she wasn't a protagonist, but I hope they will into more depth as to the personality changes contractors under go upon their awakening.
Old 2009-10-23, 20:38   Link #118
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Yup, looking at other threads it seems many people share my sentiments. It seems all the people are fixated in one single line of the episode. i never cared much for Yin personally, so i guess I'll be left out of the loop for much of the series discussion.
Well you gotta admit, nobody was expecting Hei to say he was out to kill Yin.

But yeah, Suou has it easy. Some people have to break their fingers and others have to swallow large round objects whole......
Old 2009-10-23, 21:02   Link #119
DeadlySoldier37
The players president

Another good episode, but I was kind of disappointed at the fact that Hei lost his contractor powers, now he's going to have to depend on his ninja skills and that's it. I was also surprised how July just out of nowhere joined the team.

Also good to see Misaki back, it seems that she still has feelings for Hei because she is trying to search for him desperately.

I was also surprised when I heard Hei saying that she will kill Yin, It came out of nowhere. From the flashbacks it seems that she sacrificed herself for him or something but I guess something else happened like a betrayal. I really hope Hei gets his powers back and we get to see some more great fights.
Old 2009-10-23, 21:40   Link #120
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Well it's join the team that getting the heck out of dodge or die when that other contractor smashes you with his stone fist.

July needs a team for protection. It's an easy choice to make to me.