AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

View Poll Results: Ore no Imouto (Season Two) - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 8 17.39%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 28.26%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 26.09%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 13.04%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 10.87%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 2.17%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.17%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-05-04, 16:31   Link #21
Solafighter
Hige

"My honey"
- "blargh"

Best part.

Directly followed by Kirino's face, when they meet Manami.
Old 2013-05-04, 16:42   Link #22
taichi-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
b) It was also an excuse for a date with Kyousuke. (I mean, look at how upset she was when he said he wouldn't do it again.)
yeah i think this must be the real reason

You agree with me that a normal refusal to the offer would have been enough.I don't know about the consequences, after all she is only 15 and that would be a good reason to not going overseas.Something like "no thanks I'm still very young" or "my parents don't want me to go abroad".

How many comikets are there in a year? 2? and how many days do they last?
Old 2013-05-04, 16:45   Link #23
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by taichi-kun View Post
yeah i think this must be the real reason

You agree with me that a normal refusal to the offer would have been enough.I don't know about the consequences, after all she is only 15 and that would be a good reason to not going overseas.Something like "no thanks I'm still very young" or "my parents don't want me to go abroad".
Well, she may have just come up with something at the spur of the moment, and didn't want to be seen as a liar. Some people have a hard time just saying no to people (and besides, she doesn't want her to talk to her parents about it, because they let her go overseas last time). She knew that she could count on her brother to go along with her plan anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taichi-kun View Post
How many comikets are there in a year? 2? and how many days do they last?
Twice yearly, and they last for three days each.
Old 2013-05-04, 17:24   Link #24
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Shironeko
She looked absolutely stunning in that white dress. Wow.

This episode cemented the Kirino-Kyousuke-Kuroneko love triangle. I don't know how to feel about this. I don't mind incest between brother and sister in anime usually -I like it a lot in fact- but the way it's presented in this series is pretty unsettling. Kirino and Kyousuke's relationship is way too realistic and reminds me of the relationship I had with my sister when I was younger (except I never let her abuse me) so this is kind of creepy for me. That scene where Kyousuke asks Kirino if she has a boyfriend with a dead serious look on his face was very awkward to watch. How can you fall for such a 3DPD little sister?! It's different from your run of the mill incest with idealized little sisters you see so often in anime.

So yeah, I'm 200% on the Kuroneko ship. Not that I wouldn't have been anyway even if not for this
Old 2013-05-04, 17:45   Link #25
Taivasvaeltaja

I'd say this ep made it pretty obvious anime will go kuro x kyo over kiri x kyo.

This and Saori's episode have been the good episodes of this season (mainly because Kirino is such a bitch most of time and this ep had bit less focus on Kirino than many others).

(I don't get it why Japanese love their Tsunderes. Ayase and Kirino are really repulsive characters.)
Old 2013-05-04, 17:53   Link #26
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taivasvaeltaja View Post
(I don't get it why Japanese love their Tsunderes. Ayase and Kirino are really repulsive characters.)
Well, just sayin', but Ruri/Kuroneko is also very much a tsundere character as well, she's just a slightly different variation. Her "deredere" side is a bit more easy to spot, and she's been softening up a bit more visibly over the course of the show (though Kirino has certainly softened up as well). She's also a bit less "angry"; her put-downs are much more cold and bitter/sarcastic. Not saying that I don't follow what you mean in concept... but if you like Kuroneko, I don't think you actually hate the tsundere archetype completely.
Old 2013-05-04, 17:55   Link #27
Entravity

Feeling the Oreimo feeling I got last season. The boyfriend concept might bring about some interesting interactions.
Old 2013-05-04, 17:56   Link #28
GVN.Chaos

[mod edit: no spoilers]

Beside, who is NOT a tsundere in this anime? Even Kyou and Kirino's Dad is one too

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-05-04 at 18:34.
Old 2013-05-04, 18:01   Link #29
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Kirino is closer to bitchdere than actual tsundere. She's on a completely different level. Apologize to normal tsunderes!

I can't fathom why anybody would like her either but to each their own.
Old 2013-05-04, 18:05   Link #30
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Kuroneko is just reeling in the love points with Kyousuke, I could not be happier with the way this episode turned out. Sure Kirino may be getting jealous or annoyed or whatever you want to call it, but she's starting to annoy me again with the way she treats Kyousuke

I really felt sorry for him during the whole boyfriend panic crises At least Kirino was able to manage the situation instead of making it worse for him.
Old 2013-05-04, 18:07   Link #31
GVN.Chaos

Quote:

Because tsundere = challenge. And almost all men loves challenge, the only different is how much they can take before giving up.
Old 2013-05-04, 18:07   Link #32
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Kirino is closer to bitchdere than actual tsundere. She's on a completely different level. Apologize to normal tsunderes!

I can't fathom why anybody would like her either but to each their own.
Louise still tops Kirino in the super saiyan 4 tsun department.
Kyou Kuro interactions at the end of the episode gives me some hope that karma bites back at Kirino after she laughed at "melancholy, depressed" Kyousuke. That was a low blow imo.
Old 2013-05-04, 19:40   Link #33
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
Ayase is a yandere...come on...

Spoiler for LN comparison...:

Quote:
No, she's just your typical imouto (3D), and like they said last episode, 3D imouto are just not moe
Old 2013-05-04, 20:21   Link #34
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVN.Chaos View Post
Beside, who is NOT a tsundere in this anime? Even Kyou and Kirino's Dad is one too
Saori's not really tsundere.
Old 2013-05-04, 20:32   Link #35
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Some of my highlight:
- Why didnt Kirino and Kyousuke run into Ayase?
- That Shironeko... :3 :3 :3 nuff said
- And when will we get into Shironeko arc?? Arrrggghhh...
Old 2013-05-04, 20:35   Link #36
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion475 View Post
No, she's just your typical imouto (3D), and like they said last episode, 3D imouto are just not moe
As someone with two "3D imoutos", I would argue pretty strongly that Kirino is nothing at all like your "typical imouto", whether the extent of her angry/violent mood swings, or the way she wants to monopolize her brother's attention (without admitting it). She's just extremely tsundere to the max.
Old 2013-05-04, 20:46   Link #37
Dr. Casey

Quote:
The only character I would consider repulsive is Kanako, really, who seems to be pure shallowness, cynicism, and spite (Kaori has some very bad traits also, namely being very fickle and very insensitive, but I'll reserve judgment on her since she also has a considerable amount of good in her and isn't featured in the story much). I'm a Kirino fan and think Ayase is too entertaining to dislike, though I find Ayase's "bad side" to be much uglier than Kirino's. Kirino might be excessively harsh to people that get on her bad side (ie Kyosuke), but she's nowhere near as judgmental as Ayase, which I find to be Ayase's worst trait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfury
Kyou Kuro interactions at the end of the episode gives me some hope that karma bites back at Kirino after she laughed at "melancholy, depressed" Kyousuke. That was a low blow imo.
This was probably the only time I've honestly been irritated with Kirino in the anime; her drawn out "kimoiiiii" followed by mocking Kyosuke's question was really disrespectful and hit below the belt, kind of made me want to slap her.

I enjoyed the episode a lot, though. Shironeko was very pretty, and I enjoyed the scenes where she was being Jealousneko. Kirino was pretty cute and funny in this episode (I agree with Sola that her 'ugh' in response to 'My Honey' was one of the best parts of the episode ), and contrary to some of the earlier posts suggesting that the show is digging its heels, I think the story's progressing nicely. I'm guessing that Kirino's boyfriend is someone she's been dating online, given the rather formal "Kirino-san"... I'll be curious to see if Kirino ends up hurting him somehow. He might sincerely be in love with her, but since Kirino is a brocon, their relationship is not meant to be (unless he's the long-lost third sibling or something).
Old 2013-05-04, 20:53   Link #38
SQA

Kirino is more just like a spoiled child that's going to be a disaster in the future, assuredly. She's really nothing much like a "real" younger sister. Further, she's also verged pretty close to a sexual deviant already, which would have consequences for the future.

As an anime-only watcher, I'm find season two, well, pretty boring. Episode pacing has either been slow or just seemingly random, the drama has been weaker than S1 and there's just not been much to actually enjoy. And the questionable world-logic is still in full force, as well.

Having seen S1 and knowing a little about the LNs, I can see the appeal, but this series just isn't that good at the moment. I really expected a lot more.
Old 2013-05-04, 20:57   Link #39
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQA View Post
Kirino is more just like a spoiled child that's going to be a disaster in the future, assuredly.
I wouldn't say that; there's a big difference maturitywise between age 14 and adulthood, and Kirino's a perfectly functional and capable individual in most respects. We just tend to see her at her worst because most of her interactions are with Kyosuke, which is a distorted lens since her relationship with Kyosuke is unlike her relationship with anyone else.
Old 2013-05-04, 21:15   Link #40
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
This was probably the only time I've honestly been irritated with Kirino in the anime; her drawn out "kimoiiiii" followed by mocking Kyosuke's question was really disrespectful and hit below the belt, kind of made me want to slap her.
Well, in a sort of fairness to her (though I agree her reaction was uncalled for), I think she saw it at first as a sort of quid-pro-quo for his comment earlier that he never wanted to play boyfriend again. So it's sort of like "first you basically say that you hate me, but now you want to control who I can see?" Of course neither side of that interpretation is perfectly fair, but I think she was legitimately hurt by his comment, and her defensive instinct took over. On the other hand, she also has too much pride and probably thought she needed to save face. The whole premise for asking him out in the first place was to save face with the recruiter, but then when she blurted that out, her admitting that she doesn't really have a boyfriend is like implying that she couldn't get one if she wanted one. So she probably thinks she's got to keep up this masquerade now.

I mean, in the end, they keep on hurting each other, and there's no doubt that Kirino is largely responsible. But in its own way, I think Kirino's behaviour has a sort of sense, like a frightened cat always bearing its claws first.