AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-06-02, 20:43   Link #7441
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Freedom was intact when it when into the water it the explosion was the access equipment AA released to cover the escape after Minerva shot the positron cannon.
Old 2013-06-02, 20:52   Link #7442
The American Average
2LMES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
For the last fucking goddamn time, the giant explosion was caused by the Minerva firing its positron cannon in-atmosphere, which is always incredibly dangerous (which is why Murrue refused to use it on Earth in the first season).
whatever the explosion was doesn't matter, its still hit kira and shinn, neither of them should have survived that.

Last edited by The American Average; 2013-06-02 at 21:09.
The American Average is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-02, 21:11   Link #7443
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The American Average View Post
whatever the explosion doesn't matter, its still hit kira and shinn, neither of them should have survived that.
The only explosion they were in was the explosion from the Freedom's lower half. Both their PSA's were able to handle it.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-02, 22:14   Link #7444
The American Average
2LMES

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
The only explosion they were in was the explosion from the Freedom's lower half. Both their PSA's were able to handle it.
Where was that explosion? All i remember was Shinn stabs Kira then the huge, apparently Minerva blast hit. (which i never heard of this reason before, this reason is interesting)

I'm really interested to see how the freedom vs impulse fight will be handled in the HD remaster
Old 2013-06-02, 22:20   Link #7445
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Speaking of antimatter canons.. Shouldn't the canon explode instantaneously when fired inside the earth's atmosphere? Since the earth is filled with all sorts of matter.. like air.
Old 2013-06-02, 22:27   Link #7446
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post
Speaking of antimatter canons.. Shouldn't the canon explode instantaneously when fired inside the earth's atmosphere? Since the earth is filled with all sorts of matter.. like air.
The projectile depiction appears to be a red beam covered in a blue one. Some people have theorized that the blue beam is a kind of energy sheathe to prevent such a thing from happening.
Old 2013-06-02, 22:38   Link #7447
monster

Quote:
Where was that explosion? All i remember was Shinn stabs Kira then the huge, apparently Minerva blast hit. (which i never heard of this reason before, this reason is interesting)
You don't see the Freedom's explosion, but you see the aftermath and the dissipating smoke.

They then showed a scene where you can see that the location where the Impulse and the Freedom were was relatively calm while the explosion from the Minerva's shot were still in smoke in the background.
Old 2013-06-03, 01:45   Link #7448
The American Average
2LMES

Quote:
You don't see the Freedom's explosion, but you see the aftermath and the dissipating smoke.
then what damaged the Impulse so badly, seriously? its not like the freedom legs blowing up would do that caused that amount of damage also then the other half of the Freedom would have been fried too.

Quote:
They then showed a scene where you can see that the location where the Impulse and the Freedom were was relatively calm while the explosion from the Minerva's shot were still in smoke in the background.
huh? Well to me there was way too much smoke to tell where Shinn was or if you could see the Minerva in background or something
Old 2013-06-03, 02:07   Link #7449
Skye629

Quote:
then what damaged the Impulse so badly, seriously? its not like the freedom legs blowing up would do that caused that amount of damage also then the other half of the Freedom would have been fried too.

huh? Well to me there was way too much smoke to tell where Shinn was or if you could see the Minerva in background or something
The explosion from the Minerva's cannon firing was what damaged the Impulse

A few things allowed for both pilots to escape mostly unharmed

1. The distance from the 2 suits and the explosion was far enough to avoid the full force/direct impact of the blast
2. Kira shut off his reactor preventing a nuclear explosion in the direct area (by this I mean the whole battle zone since it would have been a nuke)
3. The Freedom broke apart and fell into the water, which helped its cockpit remain intact for recovery
4. Impulses Phase Shift was apparently strong enough to take what parts of the blasts and shockwaves did reach it (though it was completely effed up by the end of it)

What I am most surprised about is how the hell Impulse even managed to fly back to the ship in that state

Of course most of the people who watched it once and did not take the time to rewatch/look into this assumed "OMG THEY BOTH/KIRA SHOULD HAVE DIED BLAHBLAHBLAHBLAH"

The whole entire battle and the results made perfect sense, and it amuses me to no end when people hates on Shinn for his rightful victory in this fight

Cant wait for the amount of butthurt the RM is gonna bring back when we get to this point, I for one, am gonna relish reading the comments (its only going to add in a few new animation sequences at most, then throw in some of the SE stuff, and up the visuals, thats it)
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-03, 02:30   Link #7450
monster

Quote:
It's not just the legs, the Impulse stabbed the Freedom at the abdomen. The Freedom was literally destroyed other than the torso and head.
Quote:
The scene at the end showed that the smoke already cleared up where the Impulse was hovering, but it was still there around the area where the shot from the Minerva hit the water.
Old 2013-06-03, 02:43   Link #7451
The American Average
2LMES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
The explosion from the Minerva's cannon firing was what damaged the Impulse
wow really? great shot, Minerva way to go! shooting your only able pilot like that.

Quote:
A few things allowed for both pilots to escape mostly unharmed

1. The distance from the 2 suits and the explosion was far enough to avoid the full force/direct impact of the blast
2. Kira shut off his reactor preventing a nuclear explosion in the direct area (by this I mean the whole battle zone since it would have been a nuke)
3. The Freedom broke apart and fell into the water, which helped its cockpit remain intact for recovery
4. Impulses Phase Shift was apparently strong enough to take what parts of the blasts and shockwaves did reach it (though it was completely effed up by the end of it)
1) i could never see where the Freedom and Impulse were located in the scene were they really that far off?
2) I do remember that scene from the next episode, Guess kira got lucky that he pushed the button before it went critical.
3) well lucky for Kira, Cagalli was ready to launch cause the freedom was leaking in a lot of water =p
4) well it can survive reentry in the atmosphere so can't see why not. its funny though that the freedom cut through it like butter in the fight though.

Quote:
What I am most surprised about is how the hell Impulse even managed to fly back to the ship in that state
so true lol

Quote:
Of course most of the people who watched it once and did not take the time to rewatch/look into this assumed "OMG THEY BOTH/KIRA SHOULD HAVE DIED BLAHBLAHBLAHBLAH"
In their defense it does look like the Freedom is the one exploding not the Minvera shooting its just how the scene was directed/shown. Shinn stabs Kira moves to Minerva Shot hitting AA a lot of people could miss that i know i did.

Quote:
The whole entire battle and the results made perfect sense, and it amuses me to no end when people hates on Shinn for his rightful victory in this fight
well I wouldn't say it makes perfect sense other wise everyone would agree and that clearly isn't true.

Quote:
Cant wait for the amount of butthurt the RM is gonna bring back when we get to this point, I for one, am gonna relish reading the comments (its only going to add in a few new animation sequences at most, then throw in some of the SE stuff, and up the visuals, thats it)
you and me both man popcorn at the ready. also that what his face WACKYwhatever on Youtube is going to be all over that episode that will be fun to watch/read.
Old 2013-06-03, 03:09   Link #7452
The American Average
2LMES

Quote:
It's not just the legs, the Impulse stabbed the Freedom at the abdomen. The Freedom was literally destroyed other than the torso and head.
you know that the Abdomen is the torso right?

One thing even without the Explosion shouldn't a huge sword through the body be enough to destroy and kill the suit? besides where is the Freedoms N.Nammer Reactor located?

Shinn did that stabby stabby thing to tons of other suits and none of them survived but none of the suits were as advanced as the Freedom, well maybe the Destroy's but they were cannon fodder by ep 43

Quote:
The scene at the end showed that the smoke already cleared up where the Impulse was hovering, but it was still there around the area where the shot from the Minerva hit the water.
from what i could tell all there was some smoke clouds in the background and in the next episode you see the Minerva behind Shinn as he flies to it.

does it really matter? I never saw a clear scene with the final shot/hit people say freedom blew up, some say Minerva Shot, i bet there people who say the AA engine exploding is that explosion. all i want to know is what was the official response from Mitsuo Fukuda on this fight. or i guess i can wait and see what they change with the HD RM. that'll be fun.
Old 2013-06-03, 03:17   Link #7453
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Look, it's not like the Minerva was aiming at the Impulse, okay? And a good portion of its damage came from the Freedom as well; they stabbed each other. The Freedom put its beam saber through its head in particular when it got impaled.
Old 2013-06-03, 03:46   Link #7454
The American Average
2LMES

Quote:
Look, it's not like the Minerva was aiming at the Impulse, okay?
Of course i know that. i was being sarcastic
Old 2013-06-03, 04:44   Link #7455
monster

Quote:
you know that the Abdomen is the torso right?
Sorry, I meant the upper part of the torso.
Quote:
One thing even without the Explosion shouldn't a huge sword through the body be enough to destroy and kill the suit?
Well, it did destroy the mobile suit, just not entirely as the cockpit was in the upper part of the torso and the Freedom was well designed.
Quote:
besides where is the Freedoms N.Nammer Reactor located?
I've always believed it to be somewhere in the back, between the wings, but I'm not sure anymore.
Quote:
Shinn did that stabby stabby thing to tons of other suits and none of them survived but none of the suits were as advanced as the Freedom, well maybe the Destroy's but they were cannon fodder by ep 43
The cockpits of those other mobile suits were destroyed, especially when Shinn slashed instead of stabbed.
Quote:
from what i could tell all there was some smoke clouds in the background and in the next episode you see the Minerva behind Shinn as he flies to it.
In the last episode the Minerva was thrown back from the explosion. It probably just swung around from the side and came up behind the Impulse.
Old 2013-06-03, 05:48   Link #7456
Skye629

Quote:
One thing even without the Explosion shouldn't a huge sword through the body be enough to destroy and kill the suit? besides where is the Freedoms N.Nammer Reactor located?

The stab did not kill Kira or cause the nuclear explosion for 2 reasons

1. The cockpit of the Freedom is in the upper chest, not the midriff, as such the stab did not hit a critical part (in terms of pilots or reactors, the midriff is still a 100% takedown spot though)
2. The reactor is presumably in the core part of the upper torso, closer to the backpack area and under the head area. Otherwise if it was in the midriff that sword stab would have definitely triggered a nuke explosion regardless of Kira shutting it off (which he did to prevent a nuclear explosion as a reaction to the rest of suit exploding)

Quote:
wow really? great shot, Minerva way to go! shooting your only able pilot like that.

Well I meant the collateral damage from the blast lol :P

1) i could never see where the Freedom and Impulse were located in the scene were they really that far off?
2) I do remember that scene from the next episode, Guess kira got lucky that he pushed the button before it went critical.
3) well lucky for Kira, Cagalli was ready to launch cause the freedom was leaking in a lot of water =p
4) well it can survive reentry in the atmosphere so can't see why not. its funny though that the freedom cut through it like butter in the fight though.

On the placement: My interpretation from memory was the the Minerva fired from around the shore so lets use that as our POV, the AA was dead ahead submerging. The Freedom and Impulse was probably off to the right of the Minerva, out over the water but closer to shore. I get this placement from 2 things. First the Freedom skidded/crashed down the mountain/hills shown to the right prior to going over the water after its wings were blown. Second Shinn was approaching the Minerva from its right side after the battle

As for the Impulse surviving the atmosphere, thats because he had time to do the calculations and prepare the suit, plus he had his shield

so true lol

In their defense it does look like the Freedom is the one exploding not the Minvera shooting its just how the scene was directed/shown. Shinn stabs Kira moves to Minerva Shot hitting AA a lot of people could miss that i know i did.

well I wouldn't say it makes perfect sense other wise everyone would agree and that clearly isn't true.

I concede this to ya, but the winner of the Kira/Shinn fight was SHINN, that is FACT, I hate how the fans use "What ifs" to justify an outcome that never happened

you and me both man popcorn at the ready. also that what his face WACKYwhatever on Youtube is going to be all over that episode that will be fun to watch/read.

I got sixpack here if you want some too :P
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-03, 07:12   Link #7457
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
The projectile depiction appears to be a red beam covered in a blue one. Some people have theorized that the blue beam is a kind of energy sheathe to prevent such a thing from happening.
I was just about to call out that one battle in particular. The positron cannon in the ravine thing.

This might explain why there wasn't any violent enclosed explosions when the damn cannon fired.
Old 2013-06-03, 07:30   Link #7458
quagmire

Didn't it show the Justice having the reactor in the belly? I would imagine the reactor being in the same place in the Freedom.
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-03, 09:27   Link #7459
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

All this talk about nuclear explosions again..
I guess I'll just quote myself here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaito-Kid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirayuki View Post
I do think that Nuclear-powered reactor is rather unlikely for Destroy, because that moment when Destiny split one of Destroy unit into half during Heaven's Base battle only show Destroy blow up normally without any nuclear explosion.

It may have unknown powerplant/generator that are not introduced yet. And well, that's GSD for you. So many unexplained mechanics.
This is a common misunderstanding.. It is impossible for a nuclear reactor to explode like an atomic bomb.
Old 2013-06-03, 10:48   Link #7460
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post
All this talk about nuclear explosions again..
I guess I'll just quote myself here.
And that is not all. SEED/DESTINY (in fact, every Gundam) takes liberty with some of the most basic physics.

One of the most common mistakes committed is the assumption that nuclear warheads work in space...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep