AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 45
10 out of 10: Near Perfect... 4 14.81%
9 out of 10: Excellent... 9 33.33%
8 out of 10: Very Good... 4 14.81%
7 out of 10: Good... 5 18.52%
6 out of 10: Average... 3 11.11%
5 out of 10: Below Average... 1 3.70%
4 out of 10: Poor... 1 3.70%
3 out of 10: Bad... 0 0%
2 out of 10: Very Bad... 0 0%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 0 0%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-08-26, 23:39   Link #61
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Probably wouldn't be as effective unless it was someone like Kio, Ezelcant, or Zeheart because it'd most certainly need an X-Rounder if you did.
Old 2012-08-26, 23:42   Link #62
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

^how about the guy in the jar (forgot his name), Sid would be so broken
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 23:49   Link #63
Aquaman OS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltyred View Post
Zeheart is evil dude now....
And Asemu, seriously get a DODs rifle already.
Your lackeys are just dying left and right using them anyway.
Legilis's full power mode looks like nice....
But no extra weapons?
Well.... okay
Asemu's spear thing actually does have a DODs rifle in it acording to the side materal and technical specs. He just usually opts to not use it. I think he finally fired a few shots from offscreen this ep though when he and his two wingmen arrived.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 23:55   Link #64
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

When Asem strafed SID that one time we got a pretty decent explosion out of it so I daresay the DODS Lancer is powerful enough to be a viable weapon. It's not his fault SID's armor is about on par with the Gundam Legilis.
Old 2012-08-27, 03:20   Link #65
Meltyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
When Asem strafed SID that one time we got a pretty decent explosion out of it so I daresay the DODS Lancer is powerful enough to be a viable weapon. It's not his fault SID's armor is about on par with the Gundam Legilis.
But but, that alien monkey general is tanking it like it does nothing!
He surely will have to fight him again at some point...
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 05:20   Link #66
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpyonHell View Post
Well, the whole Asemu getting PWN'd by Sid wasn't like in the Manga. And, what happened to the girl that was sleeping inside of EXA-DB? She just die?
Hooked up with the side story protagonist, who quit being a pirate to be with her.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 08:53   Link #67
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Well it's viable as a weapon against grunts, but that's about it. No good against SID, Legilis, and the Xamdrag. If he can't actually damage the major enemies of the series doesn't that make the DODS Lancer less than viable? About the only named Vagan he can shoot down at this point is Fram .
Old 2012-08-27, 10:14   Link #68
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
About the only named Vagan he can shoot down at this point is Fram .
That actually might not be true, given how the Fawnfarsia was tanking the shots from its own funnels without much trouble after Girard hijacked them.
Old 2012-08-27, 22:49   Link #69
Dark Wing

Looks like Zeheart has finally went over the deep end...See people I warned you about them X-Rounders and their insane ways...
Old 2012-08-28, 00:46   Link #70
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Looks like Zeheart has finally went over the deep end...See people I warned you about them X-Rounders and their insane ways...
I don't think there was anything canon stating about that sort of thing.

Decil -> Already crazy to begin with and he went bonkers when Flit humiliated him

X-Rounder helments -> Vagans wear them to boost x-rounder powers but as Flit found out they also damage the brain

Renai -> Zeheart already pointed out that due to the sabotage, she was "brain damaged" and the continued use of her powers would worsen her condition

Zeheart -> Well...I would chalk it up to Ezcelant's manipulations and he was wearing some tech.

Flit -> The guy was already mad since day 1 when his family was wiped out. There's no genetic explanation for it, he wants revenge for all the crap the Vagans did to him. Simple as that.

So far the only issues that arose were due to external factors attempting to increase those x-rounder powers or damaged ones and those ended poorly.

So unless Flit is going to enhance himself (thought why he would in the first place) I don't think he's going anywhere.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 02:49   Link #71
Aquaman OS

Well Girard's rather otherwise pointless arc seemed to be foreshadowing that X-Rounder power can be a harmful to thing to someone, especially if they liberally use it without care or restraint. It certainly wasn't to show the Earth forces as also being evil, or overly corrupt, because they weren't. The whole thing was set up by the one cowardly base commander acting on his own.

I think what happened was Zeheart is basically getting drunk on his own power, since he can use it without a limiter and that combined with the power of Legils, is making him think he can basically do anything, including use EXA DB without any problems.

Flit never had these kinds of troubles because frankly his X-Rounder power isn't that strong. He has mid level X-Rounder power at best. Enough to read attacks, sense stuff and assist in his piloting, but nothing like Zeheart which was so powerful he was ripping MSes apart without his limiter mask, or Girard who could hijack all X-Rounder suits in the area.

Kio is that strong but his more positive mental state (he's not fueled by rage like Girard, or zealotry like Zeheart) might be keeping his power from overwhelming him.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 09:33   Link #72
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
I don't think there was anything canon stating about that sort of thing.
From what I've heard about the novel version when Asemu used the Mu-cell helmet he saw feral people fighting each other. Which connects to Ezelcant's assertion that X-Rounders are primitive throwbacks, according to Zeheart's conversation with Medel Zant.

Of course we are operating here on on-screen canon. Asemu was not shown those visions.

Heck Wivik Lambro and Reuna Inaju were not mentioned in Asemu's flashback.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 10:05   Link #73
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Wasn't it stated somewhere that X-Rounders are a devolution rather than an evolution?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 11:07   Link #74
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

It was, pretty early if i recall
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 15:22   Link #75
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
How cute. SID protecting Exa-DB till the end lol. Too bad no one going to use the tech....but SID lol.
Old 2012-08-28, 15:32   Link #76
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Wasn't it stated somewhere that X-Rounders are a devolution rather than an evolution?
It was in a flashback when Ezcelant recruited Zeheart to his cause.

Though he never explained why it was a regression given the fact that you gained mind controlling capabilities and such.

Quote:
From what I've heard about the novel version when Asemu used the Mu-cell helmet he saw feral people fighting each other. Which connects to Ezelcant's assertion that X-Rounders are primitive throwbacks, according to Zeheart's conversation with Medel Zant.
But so far those are the results of people experimenting in pushing the limits on x-rounder capabilities. Flit on the other hand is an old guy who never went anywhere near such a thing and has not acted like some caveman. Asemu would be the closest out of all the Asunos to do it.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 15:46   Link #77
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
It was in a flashback when Ezcelant recruited Zeheart to his cause.

Though he never explained why it was a regression given the fact that you gained mind controlling capabilities and such.
Well considering it came from Ezelcant even less reason to buy it. That guy's views on humanity is rather warped. An ability that can be useful in a fight probably is a regression in his mind since he is forward thinking towards Eden. Should probably take his words with a grain of salt.
Old 2012-08-28, 16:31   Link #78
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

It really depends on how you look at it. If you view the X-Rounder ability as a return to one's base instincts, then the term "devolution" may not be completely incorrect.

Of course, if you want to get REALLY technical, you should know that there actually is no such thing as 'devolution'.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 12:10   Link #79
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Seeing as how Ezelcant has such a poor grasp on what "evolution" means and how it works especially in his grand scheme, I wouldn't quote him on anything in regards to the subject, and I think that's part of the point - his "devolution" remark about X-Rounders is going to be refuted by Kio (or even Flit?) in the closing moments in a classic Gundam style show-down of words.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 12:15   Link #80
janipani

Which side it's going to be the mad one to find and use the horrible technology. Will this be the first Gundam where the initial protagonist turns really really bad?

-Best anime was made in 80s-
janipani is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly episode discussion