AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-01-12, 19:24   Link #61
Ookla The Mok

Here is a list of the official name spellings from the manga:
  • Rahzel (from vol. 1 under the slipcover)
  • Alzeid (from vol. 2 under the slipcover)
  • Baroqueheat (from vol. 3 under the slipcover)
  • Jelice (from vol. 4 under the slipcover)
  • Rayborn (from vol. 5 under the slipcover)
  • Kiara (from vol. 6 under the slipcover)
  • Branowen (or BranOwen or Bran Owen) (from vol. 8 under the slipcover)
  • Soresta (from the omake in volume 9)
  • Towns: Vellnene and Tridenn (or Tridann, hard to read) (from signs in volume 7)
Ookla The Mok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-12, 19:28   Link #62
w3g
Eroge > Life
*Fansubber

Thanks Ookla ^^

Too late to fix the Aruzeid I used in episode 1 (no I will not release any v2 corrections, let other groups do that), will use correct ones in future episodes.

Edit:
I will be posting all finished SSA for ddl. Any group can freely use them in their own project for whatever purpose.
Maybe that's against some unwritten fansubbing rule somewhere, not that I care though.

Episode 1 SSA use right-click save-as if it opens the file rather than start dl.

Edit 2:
Received PM asking why the ssa file doesn't play x_x guess I'm causing some confusion. Oh well I could have asked the same question just two days ago before learning all the jargon. SSA is file used by subbers, containing the sub text only and no video.

To get the actual subbed video, go to www.animesuki.com torrent page, or follow the links a few posts before this one.

Last edited by w3g; 2008-01-12 at 20:06.
w3g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-12, 19:49   Link #63
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

Yes! Been waiting for episode 1. Thanks a bunch w3g.
This looks promising. I'll hang onto it for a while
Grimkill7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-13, 00:58   Link #64
NakedAngelX

Episode 2 doesn't quite meet the expectations hehe... will give this show a few more try before i make my decisions..
Old 2008-01-13, 09:22   Link #65
noob3d
馬鹿やろ

Thanks to w3g for the episode 1 subs I couldn't decide if the first episode was good or not.Its somewhere between pretty good and a big mess.

The episode was very fast paced and I could barely keep up with it so half the time I had to replay parts of the episode.Rageru was cute though and I can't deny that the cast is likeable.I would prefer another fansub group's version just for comparison.

Bottom line, it could have been better and I can't predict how consistent the animation quality is going to be for the rest of the series since studio DEAN is not exactly famous for consistentency in their productions.I'll think its still a worthwhile watch all things considered.

p.s I think I understood 30% of the dialogue without looking at the subs
V(^.^)V big achievement lol
Old 2008-01-13, 10:24   Link #66
LolitaDecay
Kotomi Fangirl~

Send a message via MSN to LolitaDecay
Good episode! I like the character designs and the fact it's fast paced is a breath of fresh air from all the slow paced anime out at the moment. I just hope they explain themselves after a few episodes so we're not completely left in the dark about it xD

I like Rahzels personality alot! She's loud and confident. So I'm sure I'll grow to love her!
Can't wait till episode 2! I might actually go read some the manga just so I'm filled in a bit...
Old 2008-01-13, 12:13   Link #67
LKK

I don’t know what to think about episode 2. I have mixed emotions.
Spoiler for ep 2:

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 11:19   Link #68
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Just one episode and I am already a Rahzel fanboy...those eyes, that voice full of optimism and playfulness and her whole personalities really appealed to me. She reminds me of Madlax from the anime with the same name and not just because of same seiyuu.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 11:32   Link #69
w3g
Eroge > Life
*Fansubber

Yay episode 2 finally done! Could have finished alot earlier if I didn't play KimiAru all Sunday xD Took about 12 hours total, though translating the second half of ep2 took the bulk of the time.
Anyways here is the release:
Translator, timing, encoding, distro: w3g
Effects: NONE

w3g_Hatenkou_02.mkv Torrent (Preferred)
Direct download
SSA sub file (free use)

Tried in vain to do the karaoke for OP and ED. Never had the patience or talent to make pretty effects. Good thing Shinsen released ep1 with OP and ED subbed! Watch them there! I can now slack off
w3g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 11:36   Link #70
LKK

Thank you, w3g. I'd add to your rep again only the board won't let me. But you definitely deserve it.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 16:50   Link #71
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Hatenkou Yuugi

First Impressions.

Ever since Omni posted a preview article at his blog for this show I was looking forward to it with anticipation.

However, after watching through episode one it turned out different from what I initially I expected for.

This story looks to me a shoujo adventure: girl on a journey to see and experience the world but befriending (or more precisely, dragging) a beautiful biseinen in her travels.

Right now the anime is neither a breakthrough experience nor boring. I'll have to watch a couple more episodes before deciding whether to keep watching or dropping this title, since I don't want to start judging the book by the cover with only one episode watched.

Nonetheless, I can discern more or less what the show is portraying. A comunion established between Alzeid and Rahzel, starting nothing more and less but business partnership.
I deduced that eventually over the course of the story Alzeid will learn more about Rahzel to start opening himself to her little by little.

For now what Rahzel truly enjoys is picking jobs that will leave on her funny experiences and something which she can enjoy the most, besides the money.
Guido is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-15, 00:04   Link #72
Saber Cherry
Marionette

This is one of the better ep1's I've seen in a while. Admittedly... I try to avoid watching episode 1 of series that I expect to be extremely good until the last episode comes out, so I can marathon them But now that I've broken the ice, I may as well finish it as it comes out.

I don't much care for bishies. And when Baroqueheat appeared out of nowhere with no introduction, well... that was sloppy directing. But the dialogue and character interactions are generally quite good, and really... it reminds me of the action/fantasy/comedy combination of Slayers, which is always a good thing. Not to mention rare. And a self-assured, non-tsundere (at least, so far) female lead is a big plus! The main characters are also sort of cool in the way that Zombie Loan tried for, but failed.

So, I think I'll pretend it is Slayers 3 (I never liked Try much).

P.S. Thanks, w3g!

Last edited by Saber Cherry; 2008-01-15 at 02:01.
Saber Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-15, 05:43   Link #73
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

I agree that the cute/snappy/witty comments and banter is the forefront of the show. Though the show hints at a lot of ugly things like murder and revenge (usually involving bloody MURDER), it always ends up nicely wrapped by the guiles of the three protagonists.

It strangely reminds me of Rental Magica with the whole 'magical mercenaries for hire' idea. And this show is by far WAY better animated than any Studio Deen shows I've ever seen. And yes, Higurashi, as great as it was, never seemed as crisp and sharply made as Hatenkou Yuugi is.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-15, 08:31   Link #74
noob3d
馬鹿やろ

Okay so I watched shinsen's version ep1v2 and my impression has pretty much improved thanks to their mostly accurate translations.Its less confusing but still confusing.But I still will give it a try.The soundtrack is also nice(as good as persona trinity soul's).Well I pretty much did a through review for episode 1 already in my blog.Looking forward to episode 2 ^^
Old 2008-01-15, 09:31   Link #75
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

I am going to watch this series today , what caught my attention was shinsen subs doing the subbing . I always watch the shows which shinsen subs as we seem to have a similar taste in anime . I hope its more exciting as the summary I read : D
Old 2008-01-15, 12:07   Link #76
NoOneKnowS
Who am I?

I just happened to view the series on a certain site just to waste some time off. But It clearly got me interested after watching the first 2 episodes of it. Random as it is. (havent read the manga yet and not thinking about reading it yeat.) I'm loving it. I like the main heroine. She's confident and straightforward. Ep 1 went me like "WTF" on the first few minutes of the show but didn't mind about it. I like the characters conversations at the moment. So straightforward yet so deep.
NoOneKnowS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-15, 13:20   Link #77
Saber Cherry
Marionette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
I hope its more exciting as the summary I read : D
I would not call it exciting... more like, a fun ride. It's not a suspense anime like Ghost Hunt or Monster, because the main characters add sarcasm to break up scenes that might otherwise become more dark or serious. But this is extrapolation from only seeing episode 1, so there is certainly the potential for exciting episodes later on.
Saber Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-15, 13:31   Link #78
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
I agree that the cute/snappy/witty comments and banter is the forefront of the show. Though the show hints at a lot of ugly things like murder and revenge (usually involving bloody MURDER), it always ends up nicely wrapped by the guiles of the three protagonists.

It strangely reminds me of Rental Magica with the whole 'magical mercenaries for hire' idea. And this show is by far WAY better animated than any Studio Deen shows I've ever seen. And yes, Higurashi, as great as it was, never seemed as crisp and sharply made as Hatenkou Yuugi is.
Agree
The series addresses some problems but you can always count on Alzeid to come up with the solution in the most straight forward way as possible ^^ She also somehow manages to inject deep thoughts (for those who has watched ep 2) in a way that you can't deny what she says is the right way to act. Kudos so far :3
The animation is very good as well...haven't spotted any bad scenes so far and I hope it keeps it that way

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-15, 14:05   Link #79
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Wow that would have made an awesome 3rd episode...Damn shame it was episode 1.

I really don't know what to say after watching the first episode since the makers seemed hellbent on not actually giving you a clue as to what was going on...Not even a small one...

Things like where rah kindof casually mentions the bishie's past like it wasn't horribly important...It feels like i've been dropped in half way through the story and the characters are already settled with each other to the point that they can't be bothered to let you know about them. It's like sorry were already started you just have to adapt or leave...It's not exactly the kinda message you want to see from the start of the show.

Meh other then the extremely off-putting way it was told Rahz made it fairly enjoyable in the end. I just pray sometime soon (Like within the next 2 episodes...) they could drop a few clues for us poor "outsiders" that would like to have a clue as to whats going on...

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-15, 14:35   Link #80
Sparrow1770
Avian Member

I have to admit the story for ep. 1 was a bit confusing the first time through. Almost nothing was explained about the character's back-stories. But even beyond that, the story flow was pretty uneven as well. The action flew hither and thither, mixing in flashbacks without warning, introducing characters without even telling us their names.

But to be honest I found the story so entertaining that I didn't really mind all that. The characters themselves are intriguing, and by not telling us much about them, it leaves us hungry for more. Or at least, it did for me. I suppose some people might simply find that annoying.
Sparrow1770 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, comedy