AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-08-14, 09:53   Link #441
mols

Quote:
Originally Posted by VentAileron View Post
Mmm in a way, I guess you could interpret things like that. I doubt your second bolded statement is true though. Sasaki mentioned numerous times that she isn't suited to be a God nor does she wants to be one. She entrusting Kyon to decide was because Kyon was the only one able to decide in the first place.
hmmm, I agree with you mostly. However I still insist Sasaki also used this chance to see who Kyon would chose... Why do I have this idea? mostly because Sasaki said many times that she did not want to become a god figure. And at the same time she did repeat a few times that she would go with whatever decision Kyon took. Sure, all in all it was always up to him anyway. But everything else she says at the end and when she went to visit him makes me think this.

If I remember correctly, at the end of the novel she says something like: "Thanks to you I won't have to become a god-like figure." and Kyon thought something like: "From that tone I understood the real motive for Sasaki" and next we know she is talking about the confession she received, the fact that she was not that happy in her school, how he was the only guy to treat her normally, etc, etc. and yet insisting she was not confessing to him.
There are other parts in the novel that have the same feeling, but I don't really remember where...

Quote:
Actually, it's implied that Kyon and Sasaki have had contact now and then. Their common knowledge of the class reunion is an example of that. Moreover, 'normal' people really don't use the systems you mentioned just to chat, they rather text or call each other.
Oh? well then it is ok. But again I disagree with your idea that normal people don't use facebook that much. Ok, maybe not twitter, but facebook? sure, specially with friends far away. And even those rather close by do use facebook to organize and share many things, even to chat using the chat function... though I personally don't use the chat, and just use facebook to share funny youtube links or see how friends are doing...But I agree, the most straight forward way is to phone someone. In Japan I know they don't text each other because that service is replaced by mail there.
But all this is not important, my problem was why did that farewell seem so sad when they could just say "bye, see ya soon" or something like that. Koizume might not like the idea because it might cause him trouble if Haruhi knew Kyon was spending his week ends with Sasaki. But still, it's not like they won't meet again. And rather soon if the reunion is taking place in a few months.

Quote:
Well the books are styled as if it is the every 2000s, before 2006. At least in theory. (based on the writing of the first book + one year)
Good point. So facebook is out. But I was just mentioning facebook and co as examples. So emails and phone calls is what was in use. But my point is the same. Why try to make it seem like they won't meet before 10 years? and worse, the last time they saw each other was one year ago, right before high school? and I was just pointed out by VentAileron that they did keep in contact during that year. So a simple bye would be enough...

Anyway, maybe It was just for this ending and we will see Sasaki as an extra character more often...

Last edited by mols; 2011-08-14 at 10:01. Reason: missed a post
Old 2011-08-14, 11:39   Link #442
azziz

Good point. So facebook is out. But I was just mentioning facebook and co as examples. So emails and phone calls is what was in use. But my point is the same. Why try to make it seem like they won't meet before 10 years? and worse, the last time they saw each other was one year ago, right before high school? and I was just pointed out by VentAileron that they did keep in contact during that year. So a simple bye would be enough...

Anyway, maybe It was just for this ending and we will see Sasaki as an extra character more often...[/QUOTE]

she also said she did all she could to stay away from him after junior high,right?
no matter what you do,you grew distand from people you don’t 尾f店 えのうgh、
Old 2011-08-14, 12:35   Link #443
mols

Quote:
Originally Posted by azziz View Post

Anyway, maybe It was just for this ending and we will see Sasaki as an extra character more often...
Quote:
she also said she did all she could to stay away from him after junior high,right?
no matter what you do,you grew distand from people you don’t 尾f店 えのうgh、
Yes, she did say that. And sure, it's normal to grow distant. But one thing is to grow distant and another thing is to cut ties forcibly... Only one year has passed, they are not yet distant. I myself spent one year without talking (face to face) with some friends. But after that year, when I met them it was ok. But in this case my problem is that they did not talk even by mail or phone. I checked the previous novel. Kyon said that they had not met or talked at all after graduation. It was her that talked to him about the class reunion, right?
Also, when a friend called asking about Nagato, he thought about Sasaki and how he had not even sent a mail to her, and that maybe he would send a new year's card.

They will grow distant, of course, after all they are busy with their own things. But it feels weird that after being all the time together not even a mail was sent once in a while.
Old 2011-08-14, 12:46   Link #444
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
I've just finished translating the roundtable with Tanigawa, Itou, two editors from The Sneaker Bunko, and a moderator. Here it is in DOCX/PDF form. (The fanbook, when I finish it, will have an e-pub version) If I tried to put it in BBcode, I'm sure something would get messed up.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
Old 2011-08-14, 14:16   Link #445
Yumeka
Anime fan/Pokemon trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
I've just finished translating the roundtable with Tanigawa, Itou, two editors from The Sneaker Bunko, and a moderator. Here it is in DOCX/PDF form. (The fanbook, when I finish it, will have an e-pub version) If I tried to put it in BBcode, I'm sure something would get messed up.
Thanks so much for that ^_^

Darn, they had to blank out info about the next novel. I wanted to know! XD But knowing that it's being worked on is good enough for now.

~ Yumeka ~
Mainichi Anime Yume - my blog
Old 2011-08-14, 14:27   Link #446
shiroi mahotsukai
Under Death by College
*Author

I agree, patience is a virtue and we'll learn soon enough... I hope. Allow me to add my own thanks for this.
"There are no winners or losers, there are only the living and the dead."
Old 2011-08-14, 17:05   Link #447
Solachinx
is a myth

I've been a little out of the loop for a while, so forgive me if this is common knowledge: why did it take so long for Surprise 1 and 2 to be released?
Old 2011-08-14, 18:51   Link #448
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solachinx View Post
I've been a little out of the loop for a while, so forgive me if this is common knowledge: why did it take so long for Surprise 1 and 2 to be released?
Tanigawa mentions in the postscript that there's really no particular reason. It just happened to be delayed this long. The only real time-frame we have for a delay is that the JP release was delayed 6 months for the books to be released throughout Asia at the same time.

Old 2011-08-14, 19:01   Link #449
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Okay, just need some clarification for the climactic event in Surprise 2. My reading was that Koizumi just chased Fujiwara away, but after reading around I've also learned that the other interpretation is that Koizumi actually killed him.

How was it described in the original text anyway?
Old 2011-08-14, 19:23   Link #450
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Okay, just need some clarification for the climactic event in Surprise 2. My reading was that Koizumi just chased Fujiwara away, but after reading around I've also learned that the other interpretation is that Koizumi actually killed him.

How was it described in the original text anyway?
Both he and Kuyou got away during the whole <celestial> incident. They're still around.

Old 2011-08-14, 21:10   Link #451
Rice_slayer
Resident Car Buff

^^ That's how I saw it. With the celestial appearing and destroying the closed space, they kind of "fled" so to speak, since their plan failed. And my thanks to megax as well, thanks for the reading material!!!
Old 2011-08-18, 17:54   Link #452
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Since it contains spoilers for this story, I can only post this in this thread even though it's not the best choice.

For fans of our lovely assassin (if she ever succeeds), I have translated the character profile from the fanbook for Ryouko Asakura. It's only available in PDF format since I edited the images directly this time. Hope you enjoy the little tidbit that popped up.

Old 2011-08-18, 18:46   Link #453
shiroi mahotsukai
Under Death by College
*Author

That was suprisingly interesting to read actually, much more than I expected it to be. Thank you.
Old 2011-08-19, 21:44   Link #454
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Quote:
Since it contains spoilers for this story, I can only post this in this thread even though it's not the best choice.

For fans of our lovely assassin (if she ever succeeds), I have translated the character profile from the fanbook for Ryouko Asakura. It's only available in PDF format since I edited the images directly this time. Hope you enjoy the little tidbit that popped up.
I'm somewhat surprised by the very positive reaction. Thusly, I'll be working on these in my spare time. Going in order of the fanbook, our next profile is:
Kyon!

Edit: And now here's Haruhi!

Last edited by ultimatemegax; 2011-08-21 at 12:21.
Old 2011-08-21, 11:03   Link #455
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Send a message via MSN to AmyElizzabeth
Quote:
I'm somewhat surprised by the very positive reaction. Thusly, I'll be working on these in my spare time. Going in order of the fanbook, our next profile is:
Kyon!

Edit: And now here's Haruhi!
These are actually really interesting. Thank you
Old 2011-08-22, 08:17   Link #456
Ypocaramel

Interesting how the 'most important word' seems to be something plot significant rather than a catchphrase (e.g. John Smith for Kyon instead of "yare yare" or "I am here" for Haruhi).
Old 2011-08-22, 14:33   Link #457
shiroi mahotsukai
Under Death by College
*Author

Well "Yare Yare" wasn't Kyon's originally, Haruhi's only stated catchphrase was "Zenzen" which she said about twice and even Mikuru's "Kinsoku Jikou" is relatively plot significant. It was probably just easier to give them something like that instead of searching for catchphrass.
Old 2011-08-22, 19:59   Link #458
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

I'm sure this is going to be quite popular. The profile for Yuki Nagato is finished! You'll have to travel through time for the next release!

(Release will be sometime next week due to RL obligations. Not going to start again until this is finished.)

Old 2011-08-28, 09:24   Link #459
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Profiles for Mikuru and Koizumi are up! Though they don't have any Surprise related information, it seems silly to place them in their character threads when the others can't be.

Last edited by ultimatemegax; 2011-08-28 at 13:28.
Old 2011-08-29, 11:25   Link #460
shiroi mahotsukai
Under Death by College
*Author

Those two were quite good, we're getting quite a collection. How many are there anyway?
Closed Thread

Tags
haruhi suzumiya, light novel, spoilers