AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-12-22, 00:40   Link #1761
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Let me give you an example; in TES, a young girl who pray to Mara for guidance in her lovelife would literally expect a representative of Mara to show up on her doorstep, identify him or herself as being sent by Mara, hear her grievance, and help her solve her issue.

As in, your prayer would be transferred to the nearest available disciple of your chosen deity, who would be told that you have a problem, and then the disciple would visit you in person.
To be honest I've actually yet to see any of that in Skyrim. Granted I see a guy pray and get powers sure (get a sapling to revive the whiterun tree) or to fight against other gods. It's more on the lines with the Greek Gods IMO.

Quote:
How does that have any resemblance to the "pray and hope for the best" of real life religions? TES doesn't run on faith, TES run on results. When people in Skyrim pray for fish, they don't want a damn fishing rod. They want the fish, and they will get the fish.
I figured you wouldn't understand but I'm not going to delve any more deeper into it. I just wanted to point out that it's not correct to state that people "pray for fun." They don't.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-22, 02:53   Link #1762
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Question; when you're at level 50, is it too late to train new combat skills from scratch ?

With my (non-loop-haxx) upgraded Dragonscale armor and one-hand enchantments, my destruction and conjuration skills that I've spent half my time training suddenly became obsolete, so I'm wondering if I should just drop magic all together and pick up a shield or a second weapon...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-22, 03:01   Link #1763
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Question; when you're at level 50, is it too late to train new combat skills from scratch ?

With my (non-loop-haxx) upgraded Dragonscale armor and one-hand enchantments, my destruction and conjuration skills that I've spent half my time training suddenly became obsolete, so I'm wondering if I should just drop magic all together and pick up a shield or a second weapon...
It's not too late exactly, but it'll be harder to train said combat skills since you'll be starting from scratch and facing off against much tougher enemies, ex. Obviously trying to kill a Draugr Death Overlord with only a lvl 20 two-handed weapon skill is going to be hard. On the flipside though, you actually level up said skills faster when you're using them on higher-level enemies (or so I noticed).

The difficult thing of course is getting perks to fill up the new combat skills you're training for, since past lvl 50 your overall character leveling becomes incredibly slow, and hence you don't get perk points as fast.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-22, 03:03   Link #1764
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

You can still do it; it'll just take far longer to train the skills past 50.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-22, 03:19   Link #1765
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Well I'm thinking either Archery (currently only at 44) or Blocking (less than 20), but in the worst case scenario I'll just equip another one handed weapon to dual wield.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-22, 07:39   Link #1766
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

So about that Lightning (FFXIII) mod...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessionalSniper
]Now you can download Lightning mods with one single rar:
http://115.com/file/clylhdkn#
Wooden Mask - Face and Hair
Dragonscale armor (gauntlets and boots too) - Her Costume
Daedric Sword - Her Sword
If you cant install because of something, check xSam016x channel, he has a video with more detailed installing guide for you, with alternative download links.

Other mods you can download from here (you need to register on both sites - main site, to watch pictures and find mods, and filesharing service they use to download mods):
http://bbs.3dmgame.com/thread-2648061-1-1.html
Vocaloid Mods:
http://bbs.3dmgame.com/thread-2628365-1-1.html
Retro Project Mod:
http://skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=3890

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-22, 11:06   Link #1767
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

is that just me or fist is overpowered

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-22, 11:15   Link #1768
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

This is just......

Old 2011-12-22, 17:03   Link #1769
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
That's funny - I stole everything from their headquarters in Solitude, killed them to the last man in Northwatch Keep, murdered around 6 of their justiciars wandering around the world, and wiped out their embassy, yet they're still somehow neutral to me.
I did this one too, but the Thalmor did not go aggressive on me after that and it wasn't until I started the Mage Collage quest when they started to attack me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
I want them to attack me on sight! how do I get that?
Wish I knew for sure, if only to start killing them sooner.
Old 2011-12-22, 20:26   Link #1770
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
is that just me or fist is overpowered
In the first ten levels or so, a fist user with the right build can be better than weapons. But after that the weapons overtake fists.
Old 2011-12-22, 20:44   Link #1771
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
I did this one too, but the Thalmor did not go aggressive on me after that and it wasn't until I started the Mage Collage quest when they started to attack me.
There should be a DLC named "On The Run" for you people, where you are constantly hunted by wall-eyed Thalmor recces armed with bows who can only hit others in the knee and do 3x critical.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-22, 21:58   Link #1772
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
This is just......

not weirder than this

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=4376
Old 2011-12-22, 22:12   Link #1773
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
There should be a DLC named "On The Run" for you people, where you are constantly hunted by wall-eyed Thalmor recces armed with bows who can only hit others in the knee and do 3x critical.
There's always the expansion!

On a more sad note, it pains me to say that I just killed Frost......... again .....for the fourth time.

I just can't be bothered to reload the game yet again; The horse should simply not teleport along with you every time you fast travel. >_<
Old 2011-12-23, 01:23   Link #1774
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Basically just 2 glitches I encountered that I think I should let others know.

After playing for more than 300 hours, I've saved over 1145 times and apparently it has become a problem.

Yesterday before I stopped playing, I saved the game for the 1144th time. Today I saved for the 1145th time and found my save game not on the top of the list, autosaves did not appear as well, I panicked. I found that I can quick save and load, but the quicksave did not appear on the top of the list as well.

I then searched through my hundreds of saves in the save game list and found my saves and autosaves in the middle of the 100th+ saves. And all the saves I tried to do are numbered 1145. Apparently the max number of saves you can make is 1145 saves and after that the list goes haywire. So I deleted all my saves from 200+ to 1000 so that my save no. 1145 is always on top.
-----------------------

Next is a companion weight limit exploit and glitch that follows it. In case people don't know, you can command and force your companion to hold stuff on the floor beyond his/her weight limit, allowing unlimited weight carrying capability.

But I found that there's a limit to this, after around 600 - 800 weight, you can't let the companion carry items it already has, it will just disappear. Say that it already has a steel sword, and you force it to pick up one more, it will only register one steel sword in his inventory. If you force the companion to carry even more, the companion will lose the ability to attack even though he will still run towards enemies.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-23, 01:57   Link #1775
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
In the first ten levels or so, a fist user with the right build can be better than weapons. But after that the weapons overtake fists.
well i am level 33 yet i can kill dwemer (that evil zombie thing) easily with 2-3 punch but heavy weapon like mace or great hammer need 5-8 hit to kill

probably because i am a cat :3

Old 2011-12-23, 02:09   Link #1776
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
well i am level 33 yet i can kill dwemer (that evil zombie thing) easily with 2-3 punch but heavy weapon like mace or great hammer need 5-8 hit to kill

You mean Draugr? Dwemer are the extinct 'Dwarf' race lol

Draugr comes in many types, you may have punched the weaker ones and hammered some stronger type.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-23, 05:41   Link #1777
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
You mean Draugr? Dwemer are the extinct 'Dwarf' race lol

Draugr comes in many types, you may have punched the weaker ones and hammered some stronger type.
same also applied with draugr that can shout.

probably a bug.

Old 2011-12-23, 05:50   Link #1778
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:

That would be because you used an un-upgraded mace and did not put in the right perks or weapon skill increasaes. The major difference is that Fists do NOT benefit from smithing bonuses or multiple perk bonuses. But if you haven't done anything to make your weapons stronger in this game, then your heavy weapon damage would still stay at baseline even if it says "level 33". I had assumed you actually tried to invest in heavy weapons.

I mean, you can get to level 33 without investing in any attack skill. It's silly of course, but you could if you want to.
Old 2011-12-23, 07:07   Link #1779
Haladflire65
*Artist

Eugh, I think I've encountered my first major bug (which is a bit surprising)... I did have Erandeur or whatever his name was disappear on me in that daedric quest about nightmarine and es, but I didn't really care about that so I left it, but this time I'm doing the Companions questline (Silver Hand stuff still). I killed the leader and I'm supposed to go back to Aela (the quest marker is over her) but the correct dialogue options won't show up, she's just telling me to go finish Vilkas' job (I didn't even get a job from him -_-) Any idea of how I can remedy this? I'm a bit of a newb with console commands and things so help would be appreciated ^_^"

Also, if I have no magical abilities really and haven't invested in magicka at all (I'm at level 20), would it not make sense to go to the College of Winterhold? I feel like it's less general than Companions or the other factions, so...
Old 2011-12-23, 07:36   Link #1780
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haladflire65 View Post

Also, if I have no magical abilities really and haven't invested in magicka at all (I'm at level 20), would it not make sense to go to the College of Winterhold? I feel like it's less general than Companions or the other factions, so...
The only magic you have to do is a simple spell to get in that the npc at the door will teach you, and a couple of the baseline spells you start the game with 1-2 times to solve puzzles. If you don't have enough magicka to cast the entry spell (I didn't), wear a piece of gear that adds to your magicka temporarily. I completed the entire chain as a pure warrior who had never cast a single spell besides healing up to that point. It's actually kind of disappointing how little magic you have to know to be a member of the prestigious mage college.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim