AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-06-12, 20:36   Link #21
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

So, who'll die this time for added drama? The step mother? The step older brother? Or maybe.. The step sister?
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-13, 08:02   Link #22
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

And chapter 2 is out! It was another nice chapter, they've explained why exactly the "bad" pitcher is their ace despite both Natsuno and Touma being far better. Got to say I'm interested in the coach and dad more so than Nikaidou himself, because they were "part of Meisei" before. I wonder if the dad knows what's going on and actually supports the whole thing, or the son's just making use of his dad's supposed influence to, well, get himself in a good position?

Also, confirmed that Touma isn't Otomi and Souichirou's real brother, although the latter are real siblings. Funny how the parents that remained ended up remarrying and, well, the kids just happened to be born on the very same day. Typical Adachi, haha. I suppose Souichirou x Otomi is out of the picture now, but maybe there's still a chance of something with Touma? Who knows.

Last but not least, do people usually play the Touch OP at the Koushien? Those last panels with the song made me wish it was an anime, haha. I figure it might've been the Touch OP, since the show was incredibly famous at its time and, well, it's Adachi, he loves to self reference his works!

P.S: Apparently the info on that website was wrong. Shounen Sunday had the first chapter of Mix, but no short story, just a message from Adachi saying he's happy about the overall reaction to Mix, and that he wasn't expecting it at all etc. I guess that's also a good thing, since I'm sure he'll be hard pressed to continue the series after this sudden outburst of popularity. At the very least, it won't be another OverFence!

Last edited by Blue-kun; 2012-06-13 at 09:43.
Blue-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-14, 01:21   Link #23
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-kun View Post
At the very least, it won't be another OverFence!
Well it's got a chapter 2 so it's already not an overfence!

Though I fear OverFence might turn into another Idol A where we've gotten like 6 chapters in 7 years (I don't mind too much on that one,it's more a like silly fanservice manga to Aoba fans who wanted to see her pitch in real games)
Or Jinbei where it took him 5 years to complete when it's pretty darn short!

But back to Mix!

So our heroes are half brothers born at the same time?That's interesting,so dad was seeing two girls at the same time?
The portaits being up there means Dad and Touma's mom are dead right?

How common are recomposed family in japan?I always have this view of japan being conservative when it comes to family but have really no idea.

Also lol at Otomi's dream , now Adachi shows up in his character's dreams! That was "fate" indeed!

As for the music are you sure that's Touch's OP they're talking about?I was thinking of the band music that you always hear in the backround during baseball games.
Old 2012-06-14, 09:44   Link #24
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Just read the two chapters and I'm already loving it. You can feel the depth and the relationships in the characters without nary a word being said, a classic Adachi. You'd think that the coach is in the dad's pocket, but his look at the half brothers tell me otherwise.

And not just because he looks exactly like him, but Touma gives off Kitamura Kou's good-natured "I don't take insults personally" vibe, someone who won't let what people say get to him, but won't get up in said people's faces either. Like him he seems to show the wisdom to know when and where to prove to people of what he is capable of, and in the proper way.

I'm sure I'm going to love this. Welcome back Meisei.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-14, 10:31   Link #25
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum
So our heroes are half brothers born at the same time?That's interesting,so dad was seeing two girls at the same time?
The portaits being up there means Dad and Touma's mom are dead right?
I think that Souchirou and Otomi are real brothers, born from the dad who passed away and their "current" mother, whereas Touma isn't related by blood to them, but his dad is now married to Souchirou's and Otomi's mother. I don't think Touma's dad was seeing two girls at the same time, he simply met the woman he's married to now, after his first wife (Touma's mother) passed away.

As for the music, I don't know if it's Touch's OP, as I don't really watch the Koushien. I know there's ONE melody they always play, but since Natsuno went to the trouble of mentioning it was "from a tv anime" that aired "back in the day", I kept wondering if it wasn't a reference to an old Adachi classic, and from those, Touch would definitely make the most sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5
Just read the two chapters and I'm already loving it. You can feel the depth and the relationships in the characters without nary a word being said, a classic Adachi. You'd think that the coach is in the dad's pocket, but his look at the half brothers tell me otherwise.
Pretty much. And there's also the classic Adachi humour to enjoy, such as the whole Punch segment. It's just timeless entertainment. Also, do any of you guys remember if there was any mention of a 'Nikaidou' on that original Meisei team that won the Koushien? The one that Tatsuya was a part of. I was talking to some friends yesterday, it'd definitely be interesting if they played together, or, at least, entered the baseball team a bit after Meisei/Tatsuya's victory at the Koushien.
Old 2012-06-14, 10:59   Link #26
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Could be. Tatsuya would be... in his mid forties by now, so assuming rich dad was part of his batch it's possible as they'd be old enough to father a middle schooler.

A Touch cameo would be interesting to say the least.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-14, 12:47   Link #27
totoum
Me at work

Thanks for clearing that up I read one of the panels wrong which lead to me being confused.

As for the music,I've never seen a real life koshien match so I was wondering if that "one melody" I keep hearing when watching anime versions of koshien is just something you see in anime but doesn't happen in real life.

In any case,leave to Adachi to reference Touch in a manga set in Touch's world

I suck at remembering names so can't help much,however the coach was also on the team along with the dad right?So we might want to look for a "Kuroyanagi" as well.
Old 2012-06-16, 02:00   Link #28
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Chapter 2 was excellent - vintage Adachi self-referential wit, and some real Touch nostalgia.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-16, 10:20   Link #29
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Adachi, are you also double dipping into this "imouto" fad we've been having? Not that I mind... shipping ToumaXOtomi already lol.

Hmm... just realized Q&A not yet fully scanslated (feel so bad for Athanor ). Maybe I'll look into having it commissioned, though ~$200 per volume is quite steep.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-16, 10:39   Link #30
totoum
Me at work

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Adachi, are you also double dipping into this "imouto" fad we've been having? Not that I mind... shipping ToumaXOtomi already lol.
Blue-kun mentioned it already but here's the synopsis to "Miyuki" , one of his 80s manga

Quote:
He and his sister Miyuki are living alone together, and he is troubled by his conflicting emotions: filial and romantic feelings toward a sister who may or may not know she is not related to him by blood.
Adachi was 30 years ahead of the LN industry
Old 2012-06-16, 10:42   Link #31
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Oh, I've read Miyuki. In fact it's the main reason why I don't find the subject of bro-sis 'incest', no matter how 'fake' or real, squeaky in the least. I just find it kinda suspicious he's bringing back imouto when the imouto fad is at an all time high.

Old 2012-06-20, 13:23   Link #32
Kirarakim

Thanks to Guardian Enzo blogging this I finally got off my butt and finished Touch (which I really enjoyed although not quite as much as Cross Game. I think it might be as someone said your first Adachi might just be your favorite)

Anyways finished the first two chapters of this too. It looks like the connection with touch is only in the HS setting (it will be interesting to see if any old characters return).

I don't see any romance with the step sister & younger of the brothers yet but of course that can change.

Will be looking forward to reading this with everyone. And btw is it a weekly or monthly manga.

Edit: Ah nevermind figured out it was monthly (works better for me)

Last edited by Kirarakim; 2012-06-20 at 14:11.
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 16:39   Link #33
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Given that it's a Touch sequel starting with the characters in 8th grade, the fact that it's a monthly likely means we're looking at a time skip somewhere soon.
Old 2012-07-11, 20:17   Link #34
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Chapter 3 is out there!

Anyway, I'll probably type up something a bit more detailed tomorrow, but personally speaking, I think it's easily the best chapter so far. I think it's amazing how heartwarming the scene with Otomi is and how he managed to make something like that for characters which we "barely" know yet, all in some simple five pages, most of it without any sort of dialogue. His talent really shows through stuff like this. It was lovely.

Also, maybe it's just me and my frantical search for any sort of Touch clues, but aside of the ace shirt found at the end, am I the only one who really thinks the dude who was next to Touma's father on a picture REALLY looked like one of the starter guys from Tatsuya's Meisei? I mean... of course, this being Adachi it might be a hint or it might be him drawing the same character, because it's almost the same as stock footage for him! But it got me curious!

Last edited by Blue-kun; 2012-07-11 at 21:31.
Blue-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 21:53   Link #35
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Probably our main protagonist is going to be Tatsuya's son, who died in an accident somewhere and his father right now turns out to be Tatsuya's teammate who decide to adopt his son.(pure speculation mode turned on )
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 03:17   Link #36
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

that's going to suck for tatsuya -_-. considering what happened in touch.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 09:07   Link #37
Kenzaki Kazuma

Quote:
Probably our main protagonist is going to be Tatsuya's son, who died in an accident somewhere and his father right now turns out to be Tatsuya's teammate who decide to adopt his son.(pure speculation mode turned on )
If that really what happened, I think the one who raised Touma would be Koutarou. Not some random teammate who wasn't really that close with Tatsuya back then
Kenzaki Kazuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 09:10   Link #38
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

chibi!Otomi and chibi!Touma... HHHHHNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGG

Old 2012-07-12, 15:24   Link #39
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

I don't know, I don't buy the whole "Tatsuya died and Touma is his son who was adopted" thing simply because I don't think it'd be a good thing to do. You announce it as a sequel of your most famous work and then proceed to reveal that, unlike what you previously thought, after all the pain the Touch couple went through they weren't allowed to live a long and happy life together? I... don't want that to happen, honestly.

However, with the ace's shirt Otomi found and Touma's undeniable talent for pitching, it does seem like Adachi is trying to lead the readers into thinking that Touma isn't the "old man's" son, at the very least. Which doesn't necessarily mean he has to be related to Tatsuya, of course, and if he is, I'd rather have some sort of connection that doesn't involve Tatsuya (or Minami) for that matter facing some sort of terrible fate.

Then again, it's not like Hiro's father ever seemed to be great at anything other than being a funny old guy, and yet Hiro was one of the most amazing pitchers around, so it's not like genetic and what not has been very important in Adachi's works

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3
chibi!Otomi and chibi!Touma... HHHHHNNNNNNGGGGGGGGG
That was a really great moment.
Old 2012-07-13, 01:25   Link #40
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Step-incest flag planted - Adachi, you devil, you!

My theory is that's Kazuma's uniform, not Tastuya's - but we'll see. I really don't buy the "Tatsu died and Touma is his son" theory - it just doesn't feel like Adachi to me. I wholly concur, though, that Adachi's ability to make us care so deeply about characters so quickly and so simply is truly remarkable.

Tags
adachi mitsuru, baseball