AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2006-05-28, 22:19   Link #1121
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama
Yeah can it be moved there by any chance?
I'm sure Catgirls can help you with that and be sure to give him the specific posts that you want moved.

Or even just copy and paste.

Now to get back on topic...

Now that we know what episodes (by Haruhi's order) 4, 5, and 6 are going to cover, what about episodes 11, 12, and 13?? Any thoughts about those?
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-28, 22:48   Link #1122
Pakxenon
popcorn

My prediction:
Sighs 1-2
13 will be the movie.

M4, S1, S2, M5, M6?
Pakxenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-29, 03:34   Link #1123
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakxenon
My prediction:
Sighs 1-2
13 will be the movie.

M4, S1, S2, M5, M6?
That's very likely. Again, this post can be a reference.

If you ask me what I want though, I'm hoping it'll turn out like this:

Haruhi's Episode Count (by story timeline) / Title / Kyon's Episode Count (by airtime)
-------------------------
Episode 1 - Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu Ⅰ - Episode 2
Episode 2 - Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu Ⅱ - Episode 3
Episode 3 - Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu Ⅲ - Episode 5
Episode 4 - Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu Ⅳ - Episode 10
Episode 5 - Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu Ⅴ - Episode 11
Episode 6 - Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu Ⅵ - Episode 14
Episode 7 - Suzumiya Haruhi no Taikutsu - Episode 4
Episode 8 - Mysterious Sign - Episode 7
Episode 9 - Lone Island Syndrome (Part 1) - Episode 6
Episode 10 - Lone Island Syndrome (Part 2) - Episode 8
Episode 11 - Endless Eight - Episode 12
Episode 12 - Suzumiya Haruhi no Tameiki - Episode 13
Episode 13 - Asahina Mikuru no Bouken Episode 00 - Episode 1
Episode 14 - Someday in the Rain - Episode 9
-------------------------
Of course, what I really want is another 6 episodes for Shoushitsu (and another 6 for Inbou), but ahh well.

Also, the fact that there are TWO insertion songs for the anime is still bugging me, especially since neither has been featured yet. It's probably easy to predict that one of them will be used for the final scene of Yuutsu VI (when Kyon ______ Haruhi). But the other one... "Live a Live" would be nice.

===============================
Seems like the doujin community is really bent on proving those people who think Suzumiya Haruhi won't make a good doujin series wrong. There are already four Haruhi ONLY events planned for the rest of this year:

「禁則事項ですキョン君(はあと)」 (Kinzoku Jikou desu Kyon-kun (Heart))
July 2nd at Tokyo Akihabara Transportation Hall.

「来ないと死刑だから」 (Konaito Shikei Dakara, aka. "Konashi")
July 16th at Tokyo Itabashi High Life Plaza.

(This is the site that stuck my(?) "death sentence if you don't come" at the top of their page )

Also, their 06/05/22 news had me cracking:

"This site came out on top at Yahoo! for searches of "みくるのエロ画像" (Mikuru's ero pictures). However, there are no ero pictures on this site. Let's place our hopes on the participating circles instead."

(If you drag-select the "death sentence if you don't come" sentence at the top, you'll see why. )

「北高祭」 (Kitakousai)
September 17th at Tokyo Kamida Sonpo Hall.

「涼宮ハルヒの祭典」 (Suzumiya Haruhi no Saiten)
November 3rd at Tokyo Metro Industrial Trade Center.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-29, 03:42   Link #1124
arias

Sushi, if you've read the novels, can you tell me if "Someday in the Rain" is actually inside volume 8? I've read all the way until V7 and I've not found it anywhere. Or did I read them too fast? Since I really just scanned through and picked out the most important parts..
arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-29, 03:53   Link #1125
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by arias
Sushi, if you've read the novels, can you tell me if "Someday in the Rain" is actually inside volume 8? I've read all the way until V7 and I've not found it anywhere. Or did I read them too fast? Since I really just scanned through and picked out the most important parts..
I mentioned this both in the prediction thread, and in my post about the episode in the episode 8 thread here.

It was revealed in The Sneaker (the novel mag that Haruhi serializes on) a few months ago that Tanigawa Nagaru (the novel's author) will be writing up an original story for the anime. "Someday in the Rain" is the end result (in fact, if you check the credits for episode 9, you'll see Tanigawa Nagaru's name under the Script department).
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-29, 07:12   Link #1126
M.D. Geist

Can anybody tell me how haruhi is broadcasted ?!

Is it HD like 720i / p or just normal pal resolution (or even lower)?

Some say these 1280x720 (@120fps) are just upscaled, however they do look better than afks 640x360 ...

Or does it use a resolution like 8xx * 6xx ? *confused*
M.D. Geist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-01, 16:09   Link #1127
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Alright people, the Haruhi website has been updated again!

Updates:

1. The counter's last 2 digits now keep changing, much like it originally was. But it remains within [0299XX].
2. The nekoman wallpaper has changed! If you haven't saved the original nekoman art by Haruhi/Hirano Aya, I'll be posting the old nekoman wallpaper in the image thread.
3. Character and episode page updates, with episode 8 and all the 4 new characters in the mansion.

Alright thats all for today, I'll be providing the website updates ever now and then! For Haruhi-sama!

Edit: The tiny teleporting Nekoman is permanently gone.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-07, 15:11   Link #1128
DaFool
Resident devil

Dance Sequence (yeah, we're 10 episodes in, but still...)

After some quick searches in this subforum and on the net, I've come across instructions for the ED dance sequence, as well as couple of youtube
imitations. I am still looking for the following all-important informations though:

1.) Who choreographed the dance sequence?
2.) Who was the supervising animator for the dance sequence

I'm more curious with 2.) because I want to know other trademark works. What's disappointing is that in the progressive animation circles -- ie people who praise Noein for its Studio 4C like animation -- no one has mentioned Kyoto Animation. Is it because KyoAni is too solid in its style, just like Disney or more recently, Ghibli? I mean, KyoAni is very on-model, whereas Studio 4C is proudly off-model, get my drift? But both are excellent at actual animation given the styles they play with.

Anyways, I hope someone has come across names so I can crossreference with other noteable Japanese animators.

Perhaps the information is already on KyoAni's website, waiting to be translated.
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-07, 20:01   Link #1129
mp3chan
Junior, I guess

For iPod mini user, I found this http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/vie...iya_Haruhi_WPS
mp3chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-08, 16:58   Link #1130
Seishiro

I very much doubt there is am (official) english translation to the Haruhi novels, is there?

Stupid me, just found that translation thread. Good thing there is a Taiwanese version
Seishiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-08, 17:00   Link #1131
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama
Yeah can it be moved there by any chance?
Just tell me what you want moved and where.
Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-08, 18:26   Link #1132
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seishiro
I very much doubt there is am (official) english translation to the Haruhi novels, is there?

Stupid me, just found that translation thread. Good thing there is a Taiwanese version
Tokyopop is considering about picking up the novels though.
Old 2006-06-08, 18:36   Link #1133
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

they seriously should. Although... translating the novel well... it will be a while before they can have Suzumiya Haruhi ready for American distribution. I wonder if there's sufficient interest... normally they translate manga and not novel (with few exceptions)

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-08, 18:44   Link #1134
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

As much as I love reading the novels, I hate seeing Japanese language translated in english. The 'essence' is almost totally absent. But still it would be good, Haruhiism should be spread all over the world and I'll buy the english versions as well lol

Anyway, heres the Haruhi website updates this time:

On the main page, the background has been updated again. Originally on the left side, 2nd from the bottom was a Nekoman with sunglasses, it is now replaced with a 'fighter Nekoman'.

At the bottom theres a Nekoman with long arms, 2 new tiny nekoman will randomly appear on the left and right of it when you refresh the page.

Episode 9 - Someday In The Rain is included in the activity log page.

Old 2006-06-09, 10:42   Link #1135
9mmx19

Had no idea what this was, just saw the numbers of ppl dling and needed a distraction. 1st ep was hilarious, but then I saw it was just a movie in the series. Doh. Watched to 10, and though the screwy episode order is supposed to be symbolic or something, I find it kinda annoying. Series itself seems okay though. Something finally happens in 10.

Last edited by 9mmx19; 2006-06-09 at 11:06.
9mmx19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-09, 14:13   Link #1136
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

The random episode order is not random actually, but to build up maximum character development and actually further enhances the way the story is told.

Episode 10 is supposed to be episode 5, if it releases so early, the whole excitment of the show will be reduced very soon afterwards.

Old 2006-06-09, 21:16   Link #1137
Pakxenon
popcorn

Maximum Yuki development! lol ^^

The author seems a little biased... Shouldn't everyone receive equal attention? Itsuki's all DBZ, and Mikuru is fanservice, but Yuki is now omgpwnz0rs. In any case, I just hope Melancholy 5 (Itsuki's episode) will be near equal to Melancholy 4 since they're both action-based episodes with saturated dialogue.
Pakxenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-09, 21:23   Link #1138
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Yuuutsu VI in the novel was a really good chapter, despite not having the same type of ownage as Yuki did.

The way Itsuki brought Kyon around in the chapter was really fascinating, I was really amazed when the fun starts. Itsuki's explanations relating to Haruhi was very intriguing. This chapter also directly feeds Yuuutsu VII and theres some exciting developments.

I'm sure kyoani will be able to pull off something really amazing.

EDIT: Oh, yes Tanigawa Nagaru loves Yuki alot lol, she indeed receives too much attention. Itsuki on the other hand receives too little.

Haruhu, Kyon and Mikuru are quite balanced. Though I said its balanced, Mikuru obviously has less time compared to Kyon and Haruhi since they are the main characters.

Old 2006-06-10, 00:31   Link #1139
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A.
Yuuutsu VI in the novel was a really good chapter, despite not having the same type of ownage as Yuki did.

The way Itsuki brought Kyon around in the chapter was really fascinating, I was really amazed when the fun starts. Itsuki's explanations relating to Haruhi was very intriguing. This chapter also directly feeds Yuuutsu VII and theres some exciting developments.

I'm sure kyoani will be able to pull off something really amazing.

EDIT: Oh, yes Tanigawa Nagaru loves Yuki alot lol, she indeed receives too much attention. Itsuki on the other hand receives too little.

Haruhu, Kyon and Mikuru are quite balanced. Though I said its balanced, Mikuru obviously has less time compared to Kyon and Haruhi since they are the main characters.
Vol 1 Chapter 6 also hinted at the beginning of Koizumi's "feelings" towards Kyon.

For Yuki's hidden commentary of each episode (she's credited for writing the brief summary of the episodes), the one for "Someday in the Rain" reads "Change has begun......" I'll leave you to guess what Yuki means.

Yuki indeed receives much love from Tanigawa, and I'm not complaining. Lately there's an attempt by him to bring more character development for Mikuru as well in volume 6 and 7.

Spoiler for another hidden character I'd like to see further developed, i.e. spoilers for vol 4:
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-10, 00:42   Link #1140
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle
For Yuki's hidden commentary of each episode (she's credited for writing the brief summary of the episodes), the one for "Someday in the Rain" reads "Change has begun......" I'll leave you to guess what Yuki means.
lol I love reading her comments, she definitely observes well and speaks truth.

Like for Episode 8, she said Kyon is the meitantei.

I don't get episode 7's secret comment though, 436 petabyte 'kanabun'? What's kanabun?
--------

For people who don't understand what we are talking about, its the middle link in Haruhi's website, the activity log. Behind each comment in black is a white comment where you can see clearly when high lighted. Simply press ctrl + a to see all the secrets lol.

Tags
comedy, kadokawa, school life, science fiction, shounen