AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2004-10-11, 00:24   Link #101
Omegatek2
The Info-less

Hey all... okay, so I haven't had a chance to ask around any further yet, but I'm still invested in this. I think I'll check around G-Collections again, etc. But meanwhile, anyone else have any luck, or even talked to any companies, even if it was a negative response?

I think it will be worthwhile if someone can fan-translate it, but please keep in mind that if a company does try to translate it, please don't attempt to circumvent them... we gotta make sure piracy isn't more of an issue than it already is.

Thanks to everyone for keepin this post up... the longer it stays the more people see it, and that will help spread the word to the fan base.

Thanks y'all, keep on postin' ^_^
Omegatek2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-23, 10:52   Link #102
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinyamato
<post removed>
Read the RULES!

Last edited by Mr_Paper; 2004-11-23 at 21:19.
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-23, 17:42   Link #103
The Great Yuri
Dis-Member

what game is this ?

what system ?
The Great Yuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-23, 19:54   Link #104
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

You should give Peach Princess another go. They are the ones who mainly produce quality game translations and handle more complex titles. I would try to send mail directly to Peter Payne. He is a fan of these games just like we are, and puts his heart into bringing them to us. It was him with his JAST USA and his Peach Princess that opened the market, not G-Collections.
G-Collections used to be a bishoujo game import site, until one day they suddenly announced that they were going to translate games, probably after seeing Peach Princess doing well.

The ESRB rating board was just because of that one game? Interesting... Nevertheless, that rating board was a good move, or else we wouldn't see video games in our stores anymore, as people were against them because of prejudices of violence, blood and other bad stuff.

There's no law in Japan that prohibits lolis in games. There's an entity called Sofu'rin, which most bishoujo game companies are a member of, that reviews the games' content and approves it. They have certain rules, and one of them is not to show girls under 18 nude. This rule was implemented in the late 90s, though, so not all games you see have this rule followed.
Sofu'rin is kind of like the current movie ratings board. Most stores only carry games approved by Sofu'rin.
Benoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-23, 20:31   Link #105
AG3
Inactive ex-WoW addict

Hi, Benoit. Nice to see you drop by

I seriously doubt we'll ever see something like Sofu'rin in the US. Not that the US market would approve of anything set by current Sofu'rin standards...

As for Kimi ga Nozomu Eien, I'd like to see even Peter manage to pull that one off. Getting AGE to license it would be a feat in itself, actually doing all the work of translating such a huge game (text wise) would be an even greater challenge.

Look at Brave Soul and Shield Gun Warrior SAKIGAKE. Both are technically more complex than the typical ADV games, but neither contain more text (I'm kinda assuming with Sakigake). I'm not sure what the details are for Little My Maid, though. It's supposed to have a lot of cultural details and references, and Peter (I think) said something about the script being like 1800 files. If it's taken them this much time with LMM, Kimi ga Nozomu Eien will take even longer with their current manpower. And I'm not so sure Peter is willing to risk so much just for one game.

Maybe this will change if it turns out that V-Mate can significantly increase profits and decrease risks. I'm sceptical to it's long-term effectiveness though.
Old 2004-11-23, 22:14   Link #106
Onibaba
"Nice, Takemoto!"

From the way you portray this Peter character, I think it'd be in our best interest to give him a holler \o/
Onibaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-24, 10:10   Link #107
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Hiya, AG3. Been here for a week or so. Found the forum through Google, and it seems like a place with a fair amount of bishoujo fans and talk. So I'm staying.
Hope I don't bother anyone.
Quote:
I'm not sure what the details are for Little My Maid, though. It's supposed to have a lot of cultural details and references, and Peter (I think) said something about the script being like 1800 files. If it's taken them this much time with LMM, Kimi ga Nozomu Eien will take even longer with their current manpower. And I'm not so sure Peter is willing to risk so much just for one game.
I recall hearing LMM was a special case, though. Something to do with Will not giving much help and the old engine that required much work.
Old 2004-11-25, 08:12   Link #108
Zephronite
gorogorogorogoro

Little My Maid is a 1999 game.
It will be horribly, horribly dated by the time it's released. Maybe around the same time as Duke Nukem Forever. Har har.
Zephronite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-25, 09:16   Link #109
NeoSam

Hi everyone

I love Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien anime, so if the game gets translated I'll buy it for sure.
I have some questions I hope someone answers them: how many Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien games are there? and are they all ero-games?

I just got into getchu site and found out that there is another game from Age-soft that will be released on 2004/12/17 and it looks like another Kimi ga Nozomu Eien game, can someone please verify this, the id of the game on getchu site is id=113601 , I'm not sure if I can link directly to the page since it has some hentai CG.

thanks in advance.
NeoSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-25, 10:59   Link #110
Zephronite
gorogorogorogoro

Looks like Muvluv to me.
Old 2004-11-25, 11:59   Link #111
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephronite
Looks like Muvluv to me.
so this is a new Muvluv game, since I remember that Muvluv got released in 2003.
new Muvluv game
NeoSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-25, 14:56   Link #112
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
Little My Maid is a 1999 game.
It will be horribly, horribly dated by the time it's released. Maybe around the same time as Duke Nukem Forever. Har har.
Actually, it's very close to being released. :P
http://www.peachprincess.com
Old 2004-11-29, 00:49   Link #113
Omegatek2
The Info-less

Alrighty, I had a bit of extra time, so I wrote Peach Princess an e-mail. I do not know the e-mail address of the one you reccommended, so I wrote to their Info Department. Hopefully we'll get a response (good or bad...). I'm rather proud of how long this thread has been kept going ^_^. I'll post as soon as I get a response.

Keep on postin', KGNE fans!
Old 2004-11-29, 01:14   Link #114
bishounen_blue

I really doubt that anyone is going to make a professional translation of Kimi ga Nozomu Eien. Not that I don't want to play it in English. I'd preorder it ASAP! It's just that there would be so much extra work involved. To justify this extra work load, Peapri or GC would have to rely on the larger anime community (as apposed to the tiny English ero game community) to support this release. I'm positive that it would be the most highly desired title out of all the English ero games available, but when you're talking about the "larger anime community" you end up dealing with a massive group of pirates. People will beg and beg for a game to be translated just to downlaod an illegal copy. If every ero game player paid for his/her games, KGNE would probably have been translated already. I'm sure that KGNE will be avoided for this reason. It's such a shame.
bishounen_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-29, 04:02   Link #115
Zephronite
gorogorogorogoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit
Actually, it's very close to being released. :P
Still, it took them 6 years.
What have they been doing, translating a dialogue box a day for 6 years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peach Princess
With incredibly beautiful characters, gorgeous uncensored art, full facial animation, a fantastic story.... blah blah
I got a CG rip of the game years ago. I have to say, that Snow Drop's art is better than this. But oh well.
Old 2004-11-29, 05:36   Link #116
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
I got a CG rip of the game years ago. I have to say, that Snow Drop's art is better than this. But oh well.
Pure Pure art would have pwned^^ it
Old 2004-11-29, 14:31   Link #117
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
Still, it took them 6 years.
What have they been doing, translating a dialogue box a day for 6 years?
You seem to be rather misinformed for being so bold.
It was announced in late 2001, so that would be three years. Also, they ran into difficulties as I noted before, the biggest of it being the game's engine.

Peach Princess didn't even exist in 1999.
Quote:
It's from the same artist, though.
Quote:
Alrighty, I had a bit of extra time, so I wrote Peach Princess an e-mail. I do not know the e-mail address of the one you reccommended, so I wrote to their Info Department.
It's rather simple, actually. ^_^

peter AT peapri.com
Old 2004-11-29, 22:13   Link #118
Omegatek2
The Info-less

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit

It's rather simple, actually. ^_^

peter AT peapri.com

Awesome... I'll send a copy of my e-mail to him then... mebbe I can make some headway. Hmmm... I wish there was a way to counter piracy in cases like this... it IS a shame that it is a deterrant for translating these games. But this is also something I will ask them, so they already might have a solution to this problem. Anyways, thanks for the tip! Any other news is greatly appreciated.

Mebbe I shoulda titled this "The official KGNE thread" or something, lol. Nah, too cocky... ^_^;

Keep on postin', y'all!
Old 2004-12-23, 19:41   Link #119
Omegatek2
The Info-less

Awesome I got a reply from Peach Princess... here's the text:

Hi and thanks for the email. I didn't mean to let this go for so long without a reply. The game does look very good and I'll pass it onto to Ikuma at G-Collections, who will do his best. Personally, I've noticed one damning problem with popular games like the old Elf games and Two Heart -- they are so popular, sell so many copies in Japan at $88 each, that they rapidly become impossible for companies like us to reach out and touch. We're actually going to be doing some new games that are much better than anything we've done, stay tuned for an announcement.

This was from Peter at Peach Princess

So, we haven't really gotten anywhere, but at least we're getting the attention of people in high places. Its a good point that it would be a problem on the Japan end rather than the America end, 'cuz they really don't NEED to go international. Well, I'll keep my eye on this, and if anyone hears anything, give a holler ^_^;
w00t.

On a side note, I found other forums on these companies' forums that refer to this thread... aw, don't I feel special? Good to hear that so many are seeing this though. Anywho, happy christmahanukwanzakah to you all, and keep postin'!
Old 2004-12-23, 20:11   Link #120
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omegatek2
So, we haven't really gotten anywhere, but at least we're getting the attention of people in high places. Its a good point that it would be a problem on the Japan end rather than the America end, 'cuz they really don't NEED to go international. Well, I'll keep my eye on this, and if anyone hears anything, give a holler ^_^;
Hopefully they're referring to 2003+ games and not years old games -.-
Maybe they'd translate something that might get me to buy it too (well ok, let's not dream too much though ).