Jaruromania

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathkillz
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-07-21, 21:39   Link #102
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Hmmm i'm very much digging the feel of the show from the first episode. The animation is nice and the direction has a good bit of style to it without going overboard ya know?

Premise is kinda wierd with the bugs, but for some odd reason kinda fits with the whole dream aspect of the show. Overall pretty nice first episode...Im hooked for sure.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Old 2007-07-22, 02:26   Link #103
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Watched the first episode, and i can't really say what i think of the show just yet. The episode was full of hits and misses, but i am not sure which ones were dominating. The atmosphere and the overall feeling is set up quite nicely and that is something to look towards to if they keep it up. The bug fights (advanced version of pokemons ? ) and the absurdly lame masks were less than impressive though.

The girl being shot at the very start was a nice way to get the ball rolling, but sadly the OP shows her alive, so her being there at the end of the ep doesn't come as surprising or anything. Overall i feel this show has potential, but at the same time feels like something that is very easy to screw up. I hope they manage to build something good around the premise they have established.
Old 2007-07-22, 02:32   Link #104
Jaruromania

When I first saw those masks, I immediately thought "HAKUORO!?"
Old 2007-07-22, 14:52   Link #105
Shenlong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakhobian View Post
I hope some better raws appear for it.
The only ones available currently all look woeful.
Though it is WOWOW Unscramble, so it's not surprising.
I've been wondering about this, why do the raws look so bad? Is there something wrong with WOWOW?
Old 2007-07-22, 14:58   Link #106
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaruromania View Post
Spoiler:
over confidence if you ask me...he is going to regret that

@ S_K ~ hehe so you got the "chrono numbers" vibe as well shame that we dont have someone like eve yet ~

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-07-23, 06:44   Link #107
NeoSam

The first Mushi-Uta manga volume will be released on 26/7/2007. here its cover:

Shounen manga
Serialized in: Shounen Ace
Old 2007-07-23, 18:44   Link #108
Garylisk
Baka Neko!
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Garylisk Send a message via AIM to Garylisk Send a message via MSN to Garylisk Send a message via Yahoo to Garylisk
I really dig the show so far, but the subs are impossibly small on the AnimeOmake version. I am gonna check out the SeriousBusiness version and see how that looks.
Old 2007-07-24, 17:31   Link #109
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
So does anybody know if Serious buisness version is better or animeomake's? Just need to know for future downloads
Old 2007-07-24, 21:14   Link #110
Garylisk
Baka Neko!
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Garylisk Send a message via AIM to Garylisk Send a message via MSN to Garylisk Send a message via Yahoo to Garylisk
Quote:
Originally Posted by S_K View Post
So does anybody know if Serious buisness version is better or animeomake's? Just need to know for future downloads
Well, the subtitles are softsubs, so you can use Haali, or whatever you're using, to adjust the size. That's a plus. Some of the subs are styled black text with a red border. That's a minus. It's more or less better, though. I haven't watched either version all the way through, so I can't speak for quality of dialogue or anything... but SBS looks better, and their ep 2 is out.
Old 2007-07-25, 08:41   Link #111
Shinosan

The first half of the episode reminded me of pokemon, but the second half was amazing. Listened 10 times to the Opening Song. Definitely one of my favorite ones (opening and anime^^ )
Old 2007-07-25, 23:04   Link #112
myopius

From the start of episode 1's first major scene, when
Spoiler for Episode 1:
the plot and setting began to intrigue me. Further intriguing is
Spoiler for Episode 1:
since I've always been into that type of situation--it's like plot-based character suspense/intrigue.

What really makes this series for me, though, is the characters. Their personalities are unique and interesting. Kusuria Daisuke, who possess both a calm, super-serious, jaded persona and a laid-back, optimistic, refreshed persona (those meager adjectives don't do the full character justice at all, of course). Tachibana Rina, who seems normal at first glance but certainly has her own hidden opinions and motivations for her world, is observant yet you can't tell what she's thinking (again, one sentence can't suffice, but she reminds me of Code Geass's Kallen, yet with real depth). And that woman Daisuke works with as Kakkou, who he said hates him in episode 1--Daisuke seems to have her number but I have no clue what's up with her, except that clearly she fakes a lot of her social behavior.

Shiiki's depth of character hasn't totally intrigued me so far, though for someone who is so often fails at expressing her emotions that's no surprise, but she certainly isn't lacking in complexity, what with all the flashbacks. That
Spoiler for Episode 2:
. Anyway, I'm happy that I can certainly expect an engaging character dynamic.

Yeah, the action didn't impress me much, but it doesn't seem to want to be showy. Like in episode two where
Spoiler for Episode 2:
. I guess it may not end up being a show where you can totally get into the cool fight choreography, but I never expected or needed that. Overall I like the art, which is what matters more to me personally. The OP's music reminds me too much of Souko no Strain (which I didn't like...), the ED's really great though IMO.

I'm happy to have found out that this anime comes from novels. Though I don't know if I'll ever be able to read them, knowing there are 14 novels based in this fictional universe makes me feel more confident that it has depth and will make for a rich setting.
Old 2007-07-26, 06:54   Link #113
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Gah! Finally watched the first episode!

It's been awhile since the last time I had such a good feeling with a new series base on just it's first episode! It's not so much on what the contents of the episode was, but rather how they present it

The main character is quite interesting, at first I was afraid that he would become about brooding, serious and silent hero, but as it turns out he does have a carefree side to him and is not devoid of any emotions

I'm very interested to see how they all come together in this, especially since there isn't really any clear good and bad side.

P.S - I simply love the Opening and Ending song
Old 2007-07-26, 16:42   Link #114
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

Episode 4 was amazing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kavUrWqvAMs

That is all.
Old 2007-07-26, 17:40   Link #115
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
zomg...*in comes black cat vibes*
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-07-26, 17:54   Link #116
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
'Black Cat' vibes are always a good thing... Right?

P.S - Working on episode 2 now
Old 2007-07-26, 19:14   Link #117
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for Episode 4:

I haven't compared to Black Cat since the Nanoha StrikerS episode "Numbers"............. Numbers, you know.................... Well, except Black Cat was 1-13...
Old 2007-07-26, 20:38   Link #118
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
I haven't compared to Black Cat since the Nanoha StrikerS episode "Numbers"............. Numbers, you know.................... Well, except Black Cat was 1-13...
Thinking the same thing, but since Black Cat wasn't that popular over there, I could only effectively use Bleach's

(But if you think about it, Black Cat also was missing their number 13 )

I've just watched episode two .

Spoiler:
Old 2007-07-26, 23:07   Link #119
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Spoiler:
Hey, don't jinx this title.

Spoiler for ep.4:
Old 2007-07-27, 00:07   Link #120
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

I will write a Mushi Uta fanfiction for sure after a few episodes.

I think 12 ,13 episodes is too short for this. It deserves 26!

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, drama, fantasy, romance, shounen