AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-26, 11:01   Link #581
miketyson

kuromitsu:
Spoiler for timelines + quibbles:
Old 2012-04-26, 11:07   Link #582
pingva

Amata's memories were always fishy. His mother was abducted by Altair men, but in his memories she was taken by Aquarion EVOL.
Old 2012-04-26, 11:10   Link #583
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
kuromitsu:
Oh come on. Izumo's kicking ass and maybe giving Altea their only victory is enough to be super excited. Who'll they abduct ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingva View Post
Amata's memories were always fishy. His mother was abducted by Altair men, but in his memories she was taken by Aquarion EVOL.
It's because his mom's soul are in the aquarion.
I'm so sure of it it hurts.

the stalking robot is just symbolizing his mommy looking after him...
Old 2012-04-26, 11:35   Link #584
miketyson

Oh man, do I feel silly pointing this out but I'm compelled: in this picture, look at what type of thread she's using with her knitting: http://randomc.net/image/Aquarion%20...Large%2017.jpg

Sigh. Apparently two can play at that game? Or perhaps it was just showing how Amata got his vest?
Old 2012-04-26, 11:50   Link #585
Zuul

Quote:
Oh man, do I feel silly pointing this out but I'm compelled: in this picture, look at what type of thread she's using with her knitting: http://randomc.net/image/Aquarion%20...Large%2017.jpg

Sigh. Apparently two can play at that game? Or perhaps it was just showing how Amata got his vest?
It doesn't work for me.

What type of thread ?

A red thread maybe ?
Old 2012-04-26, 11:57   Link #586
miketyson

Zuul: exactly, sigh. We've already had Zen call Mykage out on that point so it's "in play", and now we have our one likely-to-be-true image of Amata's mom also weaving with red string. I'm somewhere between and facepalm, but had to share that observation. Sigh.

Link to article, maybe that'll work: http://randomc.net/2012/03/19/aquarion-evol-11-12/
Old 2012-04-26, 12:31   Link #587
mayumi

i noticed her weaving a red sweater or what not in the episode itself. she really could be silvia for all we know. but you know who else is strangely attached to red/gold? zessica and her can before she twisted it

so was shushu in the beach picture drinking from red straw.
Old 2012-04-26, 12:42   Link #588
kuromitsu

Quote:
kuromitsu:
Spoiler for alisia:

Btw, I'm looking at the thread but I don't see the significance - help me out? (Frankly I'm more intrigued by the cat. xD)

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler for time:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul
It's because his mom's soul are in the aquarion.
I'm so sure of it it hurts.
That was Evangelion... I don't think anyone would try to use that particular plot twist.

Btw, I just watched the relevant parts of ep 12 and there was a scene where Sylphie flew upwards in the sky, but it was different from Amata's memory, she faced toward the camera and had the galaxy as a backdrop.
Old 2012-04-26, 12:44   Link #589
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post

That was Evangelion... I don't think anyone would try to use that particular plot twist.
Unless they want to make a parody.
Old 2012-04-26, 13:55   Link #590
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
A few more interesting tidbits:

Spoiler for Alicia and Aquaria Movie:

Uh oh!

Spoiler for Thoughts:
not necessarily

Spoiler for amata and alicia:
Old 2012-04-26, 14:48   Link #591
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
not necessarily

Spoiler for amata and alicia:
No -
Spoiler for amata's memories:

Seriously, guys, am I the only one who wants to know...
Spoiler for Alisia:

>miketyson
Regarding time: thinking about it, little Amata seems like 4-6 when Alisia is going away. We know that Amata already had problems with his power by then (he's wearing the same outfit in the Alisia-is-going-away memory, and of course he thinks that his power made Alisia leave him). Alisia left 10 years ago. So Amata was 4-6 when Alisia left. If we assume that Alisia made the movie just before Amata was born then the time adds up.

(By the way, in the movie it seems Amata has his mom's eye color.)
Old 2012-04-26, 14:53   Link #592
Zuul

I have a theory that she leaves to Altea where shewas a star out of butthurt because her film was not well received.

Artists
Old 2012-04-26, 15:11   Link #593
miketyson

kuromitsu:
Spoiler for Alisia:

Also:
Spoiler for red thread:

And I see also:
Spoiler for timelines:
Old 2012-04-26, 16:18   Link #594
mayumi

aztec head dress looks something like this. same as the one mikono has above her head in the recent OST release picture. same as alicia has.
i don't know what is the importance of the headdress other than it being made out of feather. feathers usually implies from the world of atlantica, the angel world where apollonius/touma/futaba are from. silvia didn't get a crap about her angel self though.

http://www.mexicolore.co.uk/index.ph...&tab=aus&id=19

Spoiler:

another feature is apollon's gold medalion on his chest. that is also a feature/style of aztec clothing. again neither apollonius or apollo had such weird taste for clothing.
Spoiler:

Last edited by mayumi; 2012-04-26 at 16:30.
Old 2012-04-26, 17:31   Link #595
kuromitsu

Quote:
kuromitsu:
Spoiler for Alisia:
So basically, her story is an interdimensional morality tale about the innocent girl who gets ensnared by a seedy agent who promises her stardom but once he finds that she's "used goods" he throws her as a bone for creepy, obsessed guys (Izumo, Jin)? (Now I really want to see Mykage saying "heey baby, wanna be a star?" to Alisia. XD)

As for time lines, I don't know, it appears there's a discrepancy between the novelization and the anime. In the anime when Mikono wants to buy a pamphlet of the movie Amata says they don't have one because it's more than 10 years old. In the novelization he says it's 10 years old.
Old 2012-04-26, 21:15   Link #596
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by From 4chan translation of novel info
Rough translation, hopefully not too far off:

小説からすると最初アマタが住んでいた街はネオ・ランディア
語源がわからないほど人が古くから住んでいた街らしい。

According to the novel, Amata originally lived in "Neo-Landia", a place whose name is so ancient people no longer know its origin (e.g.: its etymology).

今から4千年前までは科学技術が発達していたが
その後衰退、2百年前の遺跡発掘で科学技術が復活してきているらしい。

Paraphrasing because awkward as a single sentence: science and technology had been progressing until 4000 years ago, then began to decline. But there was science-and-technology renaissance after some ancient ruins were excavated 200 years ago.

ネオ・クーロンの高層ビルは発掘したものを参照に作ったもの。

The skyscrapers of neo-kowloon are built to reference that thing that what was excavated. (Guessing: those rings all the buildings have? Stargate?)
Neo-Landia? His home town is Atlandia 12,000 years later?!

Now that is interesting. Much like the Kingdom of De Alisia was over the ruins of Sangrila. Which became Deava's base of operations.

Deava and Atlandia were on opposite sides of the planet.
Old 2012-04-27, 07:36   Link #597
miketyson

ReddyRedWolf: pretty sure Vena posted his own translation of the same spoilers a few pages back, they seem pretty familiar. Was there anything in the original series that looked like those rings that're all over the place in this show?
Old 2012-04-27, 15:46   Link #598
mayumi

i am not sure if you are aware of this but they released perfume for characters amata, mikono, zessica and shrade. below describes how the perfume smells. considering we wonder what the heck kagura smells when he sniffs mikono or shrade, it seems both have a rosy smell in their perfume. amata does have a scent even if kagura can't smell it
this is all for marketing purpose ofcourse.

アマタ
アクアティックでフレッシュなシトラスアコードが、
海沿いに広がった青空のような印象を与える香りです。
ミコノ
アップルやピーチのすっきりした甘さに、ベリーやローズの
愛らしい甘さが徐々に現れるガーリーな香りです。
ゼシカ
さわやかなレモンにプティグレインのグリーンな香りが加わり、
ボーイッシュな中にも隠れた女性らしさを感じる香りです。
シュレード
瑞々しいローズが繊細に、そして時に内なる感情を
フォルテッシモするような情熱的な旋律を持った香りです。

シュレードとミコノはどっちにも「ローズ」とある通り
やっぱり少し似た匂いがするのか
フォルテッシモwww
Old 2012-04-27, 17:17   Link #599
kuromitsu

Amata: Aquatic and fresh citrus accord, evoking the wide blue sky over the beach.

Mikono: A girlish scent blending the refreshing sweetness of apples and peaches, and the cute sweetness of berries and roses.

Zessica: Fresh lemon and green petitgrain, boyishness with a hidden feminine side.

Shrade: The scent of lush roses: sometimes delicate, sometimes bursting with the fortissimo of an inner passion.

(I'm not going to get a job as a copywriter anytime soon...)

Me, I'd buy the Amata perfume. And somehow I don't think they're marketing the Shrade perfume for men... ^^;; (They'd need a Cayenne perfume for that. Amata's feels like it's unisex.)
Old 2012-04-27, 17:28   Link #600
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Why is there no perfume for Kagura?
Closed Thread