AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-09-12, 19:32   Link #121
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
I don't think Diao can hide the fact from Xin that she is a girl for long...
Xin is a anime MC
Old 2012-09-12, 20:44   Link #122
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunrik View Post
It will be weird having xin and the "owl-girl" living together in that small house.
She's a bro to Xin.
Old 2012-09-12, 23:14   Link #123
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

It's really a shame so many people were turned off by the hideous CG in the early episodes, because this really is a good show. It's not that easy to pull off an epic - that's why anime doesn't try and do it too often.

I have a healthy curiosity to see what Lu Buwei is like. He's been the X-factor in the whole series thus far.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 19:50   Link #124
OpenDoors

Well, one of my fav arc in the entire series is about to start next week (ep17) so totally excited. In fact I'd say that arc sets the tone on what the manga is about more than what we had so far. Hopefully the CG won't be too jarring, as doing scenes there using more traditional methods would be extremely expensive.

Can't wait!!
OpenDoors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 03:07   Link #125
gunrik

Looks like they still have many obstacles ahead, even though they just got the throne back.
Old 2012-09-24, 18:01   Link #126
Kmos

Episode 17: Revving up for a massive battle for Xin's first campaign, Qin vs Wei, some new faces introduced, battle's already started! Things are moving at a nice, quick pace, next epi looks to have Xin in the thick of it.
I was afraid of a change in OP & ED songs, when it's good I rather it not change, cause the beginning is different.
Kmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 15:46   Link #127
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Boy, Xin really has a way of attracting reverse-traps, doesn't he?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 21:00   Link #128
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

If anyone of you have read anything on Li Xin, you will know that this show would become a tragedy sooner or later. Xin would become one of the most infamous generals in the history of Qin in that he overestimated himself and boast he could conquer Chu with two hundred thousand men whilst in truth, it would need something around six hundred thousand. Ultimately, he was killed and defeated.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 21:53   Link #129
orion

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited by orion; 2012-10-02 at 08:37.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 02:54   Link #130
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Well, it's not like they are following history faithfully here. So I bet our Xin gets to be a famous general with military successes, land and concubines.
They wouldn't be following it exactly, but there would be critical points they would be following. Major events most probably would still happen to a wide degree--most notably with Li Xin being killed and his head sent to the first emperor as a 'gift'.It was one of the pivotal moments in the wars of the First Emperor where success of his ambition is actually put into doubt.
Old 2012-10-02, 08:22   Link #131
orion

Spoiler:

But the title is mainly about Xin so I don't think that it will go that route. Not to mention that iirc this is a shonen title in a seinen mag with video game tie in. Protag not going to lose.

You should prob put that stuff in spoilers as it hasn't happened yet in the anime.

Last edited by orion; 2012-10-02 at 08:39.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 16:09   Link #132
Kmos

Wow, this is an amazing start to a great battle. Near perfect episode depicting teh GAR Xin. Episode 18 pushes Kingdom to a 9/10 for me now, animation be damed, this is some awesome shit.
Old 2012-10-02, 17:46   Link #133
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:

But the title is mainly about Xin so I don't think that it will go that route. Not to mention that iirc this is a shonen title in a seinen mag with video game tie in. Protag not going to lose.

You should prob put that stuff in spoilers as it hasn't happened yet in the anime.
It isn't a yet to happen in the anime. It's a historical fact.As you have said, it might not even be in the actual manga.Not to mention, the manga might simply just shift the role of the protagonist of Xin to Zheng if that happened. Afterall, this show is called Kingdom, not Li XIn.
Old 2012-10-04, 03:38   Link #134
SinsI

As for historical facts - did Li Shi return to the court before or after that little conquest they are showing right now? The anime staff messed up the order of things (and the logic of things) in the manga pretty heavily by pushing it that early.
And "not rushing to save the Emperor" is quite a weak reason for the punishment he deserved and Ei Sei's frustration at his inability to mete it out.
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-08, 05:42   Link #135
Cyrogen

I'm wondering how long their 5 man Wu is going to last, the two brothers & the old guy just aren't characters that can be "dragged up in strength" by Xin, and will probably be dropped along the way when they want to introduce some more main group chars.

The old guy seems like the sort of char that they'll kill off to save Xin to give him one of those "I'm still too weak & need to work" moments.

http://wartdf.wordpress.com/
Cyrogen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-15, 19:57   Link #136
Kmos

Darn, the ED changed, still good though. Good epi to set up the upcoming battle general vs general.
Old 2012-10-15, 22:17   Link #137
orion

Xin is a reverse trap magnet.
Old 2012-10-16, 00:13   Link #138
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
She's a bro to Xin.
Not after she's grown up. Them boobs gonna have to rise sometime!
Although I can't see NHK continuing this anime that far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfanta View Post
They wouldn't be following it exactly, but there would be critical points they would be following. Major events most probably would still happen to a wide degree--most notably with Li Xin being killed and his head sent to the first emperor as a 'gift'.It was one of the pivotal moments in the wars of the First Emperor where success of his ambition is actually put into doubt.
Wait, what? 李信 survives the defeat in 224BC, and he is last seen in history in 221BC, alive and well, seiging and bringing end to 斉. He wasn't punished for his failure, and even left decendents afterwards.
I don't know where you're getting this beheaded stuff from, surely not from 史記?
There's a lot of fictional novels written (basically fanfics ) about the time, perhaps you got that info from one of those?
Old 2012-10-16, 04:00   Link #139
Cyrogen

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Not after she's grown up. Them boobs gonna have to rise sometime!
Although I can't see NHK continuing this anime that far.
Depends on if she keeps dressing like an owl :P

Old 2012-10-20, 05:22   Link #140
Cyrogen

Looks like there will be another nice clash next ep, wouldn't surprise me if both heads will roll though.

Tags
action, drama, fantasy, historical, seinen