Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-04-18, 12:05   Link #12261
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
List of best tier 10 tanks for pub games as considered by the WoTLabs community. You might like to read this if you're wondering what tier 10 tanks to grind for.
Apparently, all my Tier 10s are on that list. I don't know if good or bad.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 12:13   Link #12262
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Version 9 is successfully installed on my new CAD machine at work. I might give it a try at lunchtime today. However, this machine has a track ball mouse, so it could make things interesting.
Old 2014-04-18, 12:40   Link #12263
Gravitas Free Zone

I know of a person who was using the big huge Kensington trackball to play TF2, so it seems like anything is possible.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 20:27   Link #12264
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

My gaming computer got broke down.

Too bad, I can`t go to e-cafe because I have other things to do. At least I still have my laptop but the only problem is that my laptop can`t be used for playing WOT because last time I tried it on training room it turned out it has 3 FPS -.-"
Silver-Throne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 23:45   Link #12265
Gravitas Free Zone

I'm 125k XP into the 250k XP On-Track mission.

My stance on high-tier grinding has changed somewhat after the past three weeks of playing a much smaller number of vehicles than is my usual. Long hundreds-of-thousands-of-XP stretches doesn't seem quite as insurmountable now (especially when I am charting my progress with a spreadsheet), but it's still boring to me after several consecutive games in the same vehicle.
Old 2014-04-19, 02:45   Link #12266
Desu
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
The T49, Hellcat, and T29 are examples of units that can not only punch above their tier, but can actually WIN (tier+2) games. All it takes is a proper understanding of mechanics, specifically view ranges and camo values...
This prompted me to go back and try the Hellcat again as it was one of the earliest lines I tried and now that I have a slightly better idea on what I'm doing this tank is amazing. How I had 47% win rate on it I don't know but I've had some amazing games today with the best being 3,228 damage and 439 spotting.

I am now looking for more tanks with this kind of play-style and I guess that my best bet at high tier would actually medium tanks rather than other TDs?

Last edited by Desu; 2014-04-19 at 03:23.
Desu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-19, 05:25   Link #12267
Kana Futayo
is not amused
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desu View Post
This prompted me to go back and try the Hellcat again as it was one of the earliest lines I tried and now that I have a slightly better idea on what I'm doing this tank is amazing. How I had 47% win rate on it I don't know but I've had some amazing games today with the best being 3,228 damage and 439 spotting.

I am now looking for more tanks with this kind of play-style and I guess that my best bet at high tier would actually medium tanks rather than other TDs?
I suggest Soviet medium line going Obj. 140
Old 2014-04-19, 15:10   Link #12268
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

The only reason why I got the Maus was that epic scene in GUP at episode 11. Free xped every tier from 6 to 9 and then the Maus. Though I failed to re-enact the scene in a training room.
Old 2014-04-19, 16:31   Link #12269
Gravitas Free Zone

Some things you don't get to appreciate much until you go back to the replay and turn up all of your graphics settings...

Images
Oh, they're goin' ta have to glue you back together...IN HELL!

I turned off the green-tinted sniper overlay and ran up the graphics. The trees look nicer, at least.

Images
Also, my normal settings don't have the giant explosion visible through sniper mode.
Old 2014-04-19, 19:41   Link #12270
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
I dunno, I had to give up last night, as my session was plagued with all the complaints given in the forums -- sudden freezes, crashes to desktop, getting kicked out of games and not getting back until that game ends. Really terrible and unstable patch, and I likely won't play again for a while until someone tells me that a fix was implemented.
Old 2014-04-19, 21:59   Link #12271
Gravitas Free Zone

Among the rumors swirling around are it being a server issue, which is at least one commonality versus the reports that are coming from all sorts of operating systems, video cards, and potatos.

I'm also wondering if it's tier-dependent somehow, as I had one crash with the Nashorn, three crashes with the Marder 38t, and a whole bunch of crashes with the Flaktoaster. However, no crashes at all with the SniffleV or Roomba. It's particularly interesting that the Roomba has been crash-free (so far), because the Roomba represents 80-90% of the games that I've played since 9.0 went live (which is almost a hundred).

I went over to Noobmeter to check that number, and remembered that all of the stats-tracking sites are totally screwed up since the tech trees got adjusted. Yay! No one can tell what my actual statistics are.

I haven't really tried any of the fixes proposed on the official "9.0 is a buggy piece of guano" WoT forum thread. A couple of graphics tweaks here and there, but none of the file deletion or complete reinstalls. As it is, when I add mods, I never change any contents in the \res folder, always copies.

Images
Bonus exploding tank picture.
Skylining too early is bad.

The ammo explosion effect is new enough that it's worth another look at things like an IS's turret flying fifty feet into the air.

Last edited by Gravitas Free Zone; 2014-04-19 at 22:21.
Old 2014-04-20, 23:46   Link #12272
Gravitas Free Zone

http://www.reddit.com/r/WorldofTanks...d_on_me_today/

I'm particularly interested in the part about possibly being damaged by the impact of the turret.
Old 2014-04-21, 00:35   Link #12273
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Still no fix? Really now? Or is Wargaming burying their heads in the sand for this one?
Old 2014-04-21, 02:14   Link #12274
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

I've had some CTDs before, but they were at the start of the battle and all I needed to do was login and I'd be back to the battle. Apparently now the CTDs result in the user going back to the garage upon login and unable to reenter the battle. For WG to release the patch in this state is simply despicable. The main point of the test server was to test huge errors like this before the patch went live, yet WG added extra code at the last minute anyway without giving anyone the chance to test it. If I wasn't taking a break from the game anyway, I'd be majorly pissed off.

I hope this patch is a huge blow to WG's PR, because they seriously deserve a wake-up call for their horrible management and neglect of their userbase.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-21, 07:54   Link #12275
Gravitas Free Zone

I've had some interesting CTD data collection over the last couple of days, confirming my own experience of never crashing the Roomba or PzSflV, while crashing the Flaktoaster a lot and the Nashorn and Marder 38t some of the time.

I even got trolled by the new CTD... while normally these crashes put you into a crash loop where attempts to log back in will fail, I had one instance in the Nashorn where I CTDed, logged back in, and the game actually let me play for 20 more seconds (amazingly I was in the open on cruise control and hadn't died in the meantime), but then the game crashed again and stayed that way.
Old 2014-04-21, 08:34   Link #12276
demonix

Send a message via Yahoo to demonix
I managed to fix most of my framerate issues with a simple defrag of the hard drive (it was 11% fragmented with a majority of that percentage being WoT files) although I still get sudden freezes on some maps, and I haven't had any instances where the connection has dropped because of extended loading pre-match (I'm still waiting for updated skins for the B1, panzer IV D, panzer IV H and Hetzer since the ones I have no longer work although the panzer IV skins were expected to not work as they changed the line).
demonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-21, 17:14   Link #12277
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

Quote:
E-100 – LeoAegisMaximus says: “You want a tank that smashes face and is a sexy german box tank, you can’t go wrong with an E-100. It is one of the greatest benefactors of gold ammo for silver since its 334mm penetration heat round will melt any tank you face with a whopping 750 alpha: as powerful as Tank Destroyers. Laugh at Maus drivers as you speed by them letting them choke on your petrol fumes. Spit on IS-4s and IS-7s as they suck on your 750 alpha compared to their miserable 440 and 490 respectively. T110E5′s cannot hold a candle to your glorious boomstick of 15cm fascist engineering. Buy a E-100, shoot gold, get money, get cash and spend that money and cash on hookers and coke and do it all again.”
Darn , that is why i fall in love with my E-100 again .
kampfer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-21, 17:56   Link #12278
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Until things are fixed, I'm going to have to live with my (urgh) 41% record on my Hellcat. The thing is literally impossible to play with the stalls and crashes.
Old 2014-04-21, 19:21   Link #12279
Desu
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I have yet to crash since changing my graphics to 'standard' rather than 'improved' but still getting pretty terrible FPS considering how powerful my PC is

Last edited by Desu; 2014-04-21 at 19:44.
Desu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-21, 19:50   Link #12280
Gravitas Free Zone

It doesn't help that "standard" knocks the game back to about 2003 graphically, when they just went through all this fuss about improving the graphics.

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks