AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-11-16, 10:17   Link #221
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

I foresaw the angst episodes away, and I must say I am not particularly comfortable with it. I can't really blame Nanami for being so upset with Tomoe. It seems to me that she doesn't have much experience dealing with unrequited love. But on the other hand, her behaviour just sees drastic to me (to the point she refuses his help even when she is falling down). Not that Tomoe is not to be blamed. Jeez, the words that come out of his mouth will melt any girl's heart. Words like "protect" and "important" are killer lines.

I think this must be the reason Mikage runs away. I bet Tomoe "flirts" with him the same way he does with Nanami.

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-18, 10:01   Link #222
Seihai
スマイリウム

Does Nanami still age as a God?
Old 2012-11-19, 08:40   Link #223
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
I would think so because she only has the power of a God but she isn't a God herself; she's still human. And even with Mikage's gifted power, Nanami's power is limited unlike the real Gods.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-19, 12:42   Link #224
MUAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
Hmmm....I don't think so, she is not born a God. Even if she is bestowed with the power of a God, that does not make her immortal.....I guess.

Old 2012-11-20, 06:28   Link #225
andromeda0201

Spoiler for Episode 8:

...also, is it me or the full ending theme is cut off abruptly at the last few seconds?
andromeda0201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-21, 12:14   Link #226
ookamigirl

Nanami is totally crushed and down.
It only gets worse 'cause Tomoe is always around.
Watching Tomoe avoid touching Nanami was kinda sad.
Even the trip to the beach couldn't be Tomoeless.
That guy is all tsundere... wish he would admit he feels the same for Nanami.
The appearance of King of Dragons was kinda LOL
That guy is a joke compared to Tomoe, yet he was still scared to go into the ocean.
Saving Tomoe... Nanami sure gave herself an impossible task.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-21, 15:02   Link #227
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

One major reaction after watching ep 8...WHY DIDN'T TOMOE GO SHIRTLESS?? He should have taken off his shirt before going to save Strawberry girl...ME.WANT.SHIRTLESS.TOMOE!!! /rant over

Thank goodness the animation quality for this ep is back up compared to last ep.

Obviously Tomoe feels something for Nanami but the tsundere is too dense to realize it.

...and the bathing suits of Mikage and the other God...were rather disturbing.

And a note to Tomoe...you don't need to read up on being attractive...the book was based on you.

Dang, only 4 epsodes left??!!! They won't be covering the God arc at this rate, I don't think. Waah, noooo!! I need more Tomoe!! So wish this series would be longer...a lot!! longer.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2012-11-21, 15:15   Link #228
Bern-san

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
...and the bathing suits of Mikage and the other God...were rather disturbing.
How can you say that?! Otohiko is the most fabulous god ever, he was so sexy that even Mikage was impressed with his suit

Quote:
Dang, only 4 epsodes left??!!! They won't be covering the God arc at this rate, I don't think. Waah, noooo!! I need more Tomoe!! So wish this series would be longer...a lot!! longer.
Yes, there's so many arcs I would like to see animated, starting from the God Summit one...
Old 2012-11-21, 16:30   Link #229
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:

And a note to Tomoe...you don't need to read up on being attractive...the book was based on you.
I assumed he was doing research on what not to do so that he can stop having troublesome human girls fall for him.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-21, 18:11   Link #230
MUAHAHAHAHAHA

The God Summit arc would be a good "conclusion" to the series..but it seems unlikely this will ever happen. *le sigh*

Old 2012-11-21, 18:12   Link #231
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Tomoe no baka....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 00:00   Link #232
shiningninja

Quote:
According to Funi's translation, the book title is "The Distribution of Yokai Power" (seems more like what Tomoe would read)

Seems like the translator at AK took some liberties with their translation
shiningninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 16:40   Link #233
kuromitsu

I almost missed this episode! It would've been a pity, this ep gave the supporting cast some time to shine, and shine they did! Nanami's classmates are simple yet effective and funny, and I'm starting to like Mizuki, yandere or not. And the dragon king-- I half-expected him to spout random English in Nakai Kazuya's voice. XD;; He's great, he's funny, and aren't his familiars adorable? Mikage and his companion(?) were also hilarious, I hope we'll see the latter again. Runrun~ XDDD (But where's my crow tengu fallen angel?! XD)

There was also some great seiyuu work in this ep - particularly Nanami, but Mizuki's little angsty scene was also great (even though the voice he used kind of reminded me of something out of an otome game... xD it was very pretty voice, though). And Namikawa Daisuke as the dragon king, I'm always surprised at how versatile he is.

The comedy and the rhythm of the episode was also great, and the little fourth wall breaking at the beginning deserves special mention.

Oh, and there was also some angst, well, we all know Tomoe will be saved so... ^^;;;
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 21:56   Link #234
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-san View Post
How can you say that?! Otohiko is the most fabulous god ever, he was so sexy that even Mikage was impressed with his suit:heh
Yeah, Mikage was so impressed that he dove head first into the sand in the shallow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiningninja View Post
According to Funi's translation, the book title is "The Distribution of Yokai Power" (seems more like what Tomoe would read)

Seems like the translator at AK took some liberties with their translation
Oh so that's what happened...LOL. Dang, the translator pulled my leg.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2012-11-26, 17:03   Link #235
kuromitsu

YESSS, KURAMA IN EPISODE 10! NEXT MONDAY, HERE I COME!

*ahem*

Ep 9 was kind of meh - the side characters were funny, and I liked how the writing defused the overly serious mood at just the right moments, and Mizuki's new(?) little kink was pretty funny.
Spoiler for ep 9:

And the dragon king's familiars are still adorable, umiushi!
Old 2012-11-27, 00:52   Link #236
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
YESSS, KURAMA IN EPISODE 10! NEXT MONDAY, HERE I COME!

*ahem*

Ep 9 was kind of meh - the side characters were funny, and I liked how the writing defused the overly serious mood at just the right moments, and Mizuki's new(?) little kink was pretty funny.
Spoiler for ep 9:

And the dragon king's familiars are still adorable, umiushi!
Ah, as I suspected, they will end the series with Kurama's arc. *cries* Me want more.

Anyway, the talk Mizuki had with Tomoe on the beach about not telling Nanami the reason why Tomoe couldn't enter the ocean showed that Tomoe doesn't want Nanami to know his past and his past self because he wasn't all roses and obedience back then. He's probably afraid Nanami may get scared of him if she knows how cruel he can be.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2012-11-27, 02:56   Link #237
shiningninja

Quote:
Ah, as I suspected, they will end the series with Kurama's arc. *cries* Me want more.
Actually, the anime is skipping forward to chapter 79 and chapter 50 for episode 10.

For reference, episodes 1-9 covered chapters 1-24 of the manga very faithfully.

Based on the episode titles for the remaining episodes, episode 11 *might* be chapter 37-38, while episodes 12 and 13 are very likely to be anime-original. (So Kurama's arc is unlikely to occur, just like the God-Summit arc; but Otohiko has already made two appearances in the anime, so I have no idea what his future role is)

Episode 9 is as fun as ever, great balance of comedy and seriousness.

I'm looking forward to episode 10- I'm gonna prepare tissues for next week
shiningninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-27, 03:21   Link #238
kuromitsu

Quote:
Not sure if it's an arc... It's the second half of a two parter, the first half being about how Tomoe became Mikage's servant. I'm sure the anime would want to close with resolving the situation between Tomoe and his angsty past, and his feelings for Nanami.

Quote:
Anyway, the talk Mizuki had with Tomoe on the beach about not telling Nanami the reason why Tomoe couldn't enter the ocean showed that Tomoe doesn't want Nanami to know his past and his past self because he wasn't all roses and obedience back then. He's probably afraid Nanami may get scared of him if she knows how cruel he can be.
Yes, I got that -
Spoiler for ep 9:

Spoiler for ep 9 again:
Old 2012-11-27, 04:43   Link #239
SQA

He's lost some vision, maybe?
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-27, 14:22   Link #240
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Im a few epis behind, only on 7 at the moment but I gotta say I laughed HARD when Kurama was pouting in the corner cuz no one could see his "hotness"

Always what happened to Tomoe's sexy long hair????

Epi 9 was great, the best part was the Dragon King's wife beating the heck out of him for dissing her gift, I lol'd hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
And the dragon king-- I half-expected him to spout random English in Nakai Kazuya's voice. XD;;
Oh god I didnt even think of this!!!
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing

Last edited by White Manju Bun; 2012-11-27 at 15:51.
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romance, shoujo, supernatural