AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Soul Eater

Notices

View Poll Results: Soul Eater - Episode 44 Rating
Perfect 10 3 15.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 55.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 3 15.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 5.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 5.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 5.00%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-08, 21:09   Link #1
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Soul Eater - Episode 44 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Soul Eater, Episode 44.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2009-02-09, 04:25   Link #2
v1cious

whoah, something we didn't get in the manga
Spoiler:

pretty good episode overall, but i don't like the cliffhanger it ended on.
Old 2009-02-09, 09:22   Link #3
carcanclaw
Kitty?

Spoiler for episode & preview:
Old 2009-02-09, 17:49   Link #4
~Kezia~
Scarlet Yukineko

Spoiler for unexpected:
Old 2009-02-09, 18:34   Link #5
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Kezia~ View Post
Spoiler for unexpected:
Spoiler:
Old 2009-02-09, 19:16   Link #6
NakedAngelX

Beginning was hilarious hehe xD. If Mary come to Join discovery's show, she'll definitely be Canada's worst driver

Spoiler for Ep 44:
Old 2009-02-09, 20:05   Link #7
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by NakedAngelX View Post
Beginning was hilarious hehe xD. If Mary come to Join discovery's show, she'll definitely be Canada's worst driver

Spoiler for Ep 44:
Spoiler:
Old 2009-02-09, 21:47   Link #8
Kotobasuu
OCD Cowgirl

Send a message via AIM to Kotobasuu Send a message via MSN to Kotobasuu
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Spoiler:

Spoiler for episode:
Old 2009-02-13, 22:16   Link #9
motaku96
もたく

I really liked this episode. It kept me on the edge of my seat the entire time. Seeing mary and medusa fight was awesome. Medusa's one of my favorite villians in anime.
Old 2009-02-14, 00:02   Link #10
Zek
Eyebrows...

Spoiler for Prediction:
Old 2009-02-14, 06:46   Link #11
lmd_84

Spoiler:
Old 2009-02-14, 08:27   Link #12
ragweed
woah woah!

here's my reaction:

Do de do cool can't wait to see chrona tear shit up

woo go chrona, go marie

oh wow this is getting intense

wait bones what are you doing

bones NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

BONES WHAT HAVE YOU DONE THIS ISNT HOW ITS SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN

BOONES
Spoiler for predictions:
Old 2009-02-14, 08:43   Link #13
Chase

Spoiler for episode 44:
Battlefield 4
Old 2009-02-14, 09:13   Link #14
sbk

This cliffhanger is killing me damn..
Old 2009-02-14, 12:31   Link #15
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Nice epi. Seeing Maria's hammer was awesome. Im totally digging this storyline. Medusa still proves she's the master of manipulation.

Stein freaks me out and not in the good way he's like a possessed doll almost.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2009-02-14, 18:02   Link #16
lmd_84

...And that phrasing reminds me so neatly of Crona, especially in their first few appearances.
Old 2009-02-14, 22:43   Link #17
Reincarnated
World Inverse Creator

oh sh*t oh SH*T GODDAMN THE PREVIEW IS KILLING ME!!
OMG I can't wait to see what's going to happen tomorrow! OMG Crona don't you dare die! Why is Soul is swallowed by darkness! O_O"

Is it possible we'll meet another crazy Maka then?
Old 2009-02-15, 07:50   Link #18
lmd_84

Too much talking between Medusa, Crona and Marie. While it was interesting to get things straight between mother and child, it was obvious why Marie was there. Unlike the Medusa and Stein fight, the dialogue lacked any kind of tension for me; needless baiting without either party striking anything significant. Though, I was pleased that Marie being a Death Scythe did give Medusa pause for thought - short though it was.

Unimpressed with Maka's rationale. Rather than thinking things through and understanding why using Soul Resonance could help, she goes ahead on the basis that she's sure it will work.

I was unsurprised that she managed to block Medusa's blade; the writers wouldn't have had her going out to fight the bad witch and then be unable to. However weak Medusa currently is, the block at the end does appear to put Maka and Soul on a par with Stein and Spirit in a very short time. If they'd explained it, had Maka understand whatever it was allowed her to raise her game to that extent, I'd have bought it. But as it is, it just looks like a massive change very quickly, for the sake of what is turning into the hero of the piece.

Anime-Black Star continues to irritate me. He's concerned only with the end rather than the means of getting there, and is confident though his own arrogant sense of self-worth rather than actual tactics or established skill. I'm expecting this to either continue until the end, and simply be his way of success, or for him to come to some alternative realisation when (possibly?) he encounters Mifune in the next few episodes.
Old 2009-02-15, 14:41   Link #19
AceD
See You En' Tee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnated View Post
OMG I can't wait to see what's going to happen tomorrow! OMG Crona don't you dare die! Why is Soul is swallowed by darkness! O_O"
id guess thats because soul will resonate with his black blood, no way they can beat madusa without its help...and they needed that the one time they have done demon hunting
Old 2009-02-15, 20:08   Link #20
JunkKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmd_84 View Post
Rather than thinking things through and understanding why using Soul Resonance could help, (Maka) goes ahead on the basis that she's sure it will work.

...However weak Medusa currently is, the block at the end does appear to put Maka and Soul on a par with Stein and Spirit in a very short time.
For the first- it's sort of boring to watch a person sit around and think. I think we've seen Maka do quite enough of that already They have shown Maka to have a somewhat impulsive personality with ungounded optimism. Since they're finally showing her doing something, it wouldn't work to have her go, "Hmm.. now what?" too much.

But in your post you are touching on what I personally think if one of BONES' largest flaws as a studio: they play it cheap with character development and exposition. They luuuve the drama but hate to be responsible with it.

But get this out of the way: Maka blocking Medusa... er.. why should being able to do that then rank Maka with Stein? Medusa's strike was a death blow, but against a terribly vunerable Crona. Medusa hasn't been a tough opponent because of her physical strength. Her fighting strength lies in other areas, so I find it hard to accept that Maka shouldn't be able to give a surprise block to a blow dished out by a girl even smaller than she is.

The test of how powerful Maka has become will be the next ep; based on how they play it, there might be good reason to complain but Maka didn't do anything here that shows anything other than basic fight ability

I don't disagree with your comments about B*S, this goes to above. BONES has been pretty crappy (just IMO!!) in developing the characters, or heck, even showing the development apparent in the manga back when they were still animating it. (example Soul- in the manga he's a very nuanced character, in the anime, he's a Maka accessory

When BONES got into their own material, they jumped all the way back to the beginning, repeating earlier incidents (ie, Kid needing to be saved cuz of symmetry, Maka's thoughts paralyzing her and needing a kick from Soul).

It's sort of as if there are too many BONES fingers in the pie and they all only ever look at the initial character profiles to determine where to take the story next. There's not a strong single viewpoint watching over the characters as they progress. I think Crona's gotten the most development only because the storyline required a shift from Medusa-loyalty to Maka-loyalty (which is even debatable as far as development goes).

Anyway, I don't mean to rant on the SE anime, cuz BONES was the same way with FMA. It just makes me sad cuz I want to love BONES and they pick awesome manga series that have depth; then they take cheap shortcuts that are insulting to the audience. Like the whole "Maka simply running off to wherever Crona is" thing, as if we're not gonna notice that's just silly. (to BONES: Don't use a gag to advance teh storyline, kthx guyz!!)
Closed Thread