AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On! - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 42 33.07%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 51 40.16%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 15.75%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 6.30%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 3.15%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.79%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.79%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-22, 17:55   Link #81
hanseo
CC's Shining Knight

i am new to this series so don't flame me but is this a shojo or slice of life or romance comedy anime?
Old 2009-05-22, 17:56   Link #82
Midonin
Last Engage

The first isn't even a genre to begin with, so only the second one is true.
Old 2009-05-22, 17:59   Link #83
Sanderu

Great episode. I don't know what it was though but I liked it better after watching it for the second time. Mayby I have to get used to the pacing this series is having. We're jumping from season to season. But oh well

I liked the performance although it's a bit weird to see so many people there and only 1 showing up the next day.
Old 2009-05-22, 18:00   Link #84
hanseo
CC's Shining Knight

thanks this show is cool who cares about haruhi
Old 2009-05-22, 18:08   Link #85
Kyourin
garbage collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanseo View Post
thanks this show is cool who cares about haruhi
both are good .. you could love them at the same time ^^
Old 2009-05-22, 18:19   Link #86
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Episode 8 is a vast improvement from the last and also I'm amazed that they finally shown the live performance instead of a MTV PV. Atleast Kyoani didn't abuse Mio's shyness too this time.

Rating: 9/10

Full Episode 8 Reaction
Old 2009-05-22, 18:35   Link #87
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Actually like I said, I don't drop shows just because another one comes along that people think should supplant it because it's more popular or whatever.

- First the not so good. The animation quality throughout much of the episode this week took a major and noticeable hit with lots of lengthy still shots and background characters with some jarring lack of detail. This happens with a lot of shows at times though so I'm not really going to dwell on it too much, but it does seem like it's been this way for awhile now.

- So Ui is in the school now eh? This could either mean interesting things are yet to come or it could go nowhere. Hopefully whatever it is isn't just Ritsu pointing out the dichotomy between the two sisters over and over though.

- Ritsu's comment about cake and tea being the main selling point of the club was shockingly honest and rung so true. It was also funny. The cake thing has hit running joke status in a good way and if there has been anything in this show that I would actually say deserves to be turned into some sort of meme/in-joke for fans it would be that. Alas that's probably just me though.

- Dressing up like animals to try and plug the K-On club. Also amusing and fitting for this show as well as something I wouldn't have seen coming.

- Dressing up like maids was typical in a not so good way for this show, but it did have some amusing moments like Mio getting dragged around like a rag doll and Yui's exaggerrated struggle with the teaset.

- The bits after that really dragged for me though. Mio being shy, Ritsu being Ritsu, and add a dash of Tsumugi blushing whenever two girls get within an inch of one another. All of this feels like we've just done it SO many times already.

- A bit later though while they are working the moe fetishes and Azusa is unsure about all of this.....that's how I would feel, I can relate to that. I like the idea of introducing an X-Factor into the club who is the odd one out, but I'm assuming by the end of it all she's going to end up converted or that we'll find out something about her that gives her a moe in your face moe fetish then twin tails.

- It should also be said that I like Azusa's character design the most out of any of the characters introduced so far.

- Yui's a liar. The best part about the K-ON club is obviously the cake and she knows it.

- Ice Cream gag seemed appropriate for Yui. I love the fact that I am actually getting a kick out of a lot of the bits this time around.

- The names for these songs are just laughably terrible such that whoever came up with them (assuming the 4Koma author) knows what the score on this group is.

- So Mio's being Mio again in a typically Mio way and I guess we get to hear Yui this time and the first thing she does is spike the mic. Considering me pleasantly surprised as well that they are actually doing a concert bit again so soon.

- I'm not sure I agree with Ritsu's sentiment about being confident in Yui's MCing.....yep....played off the stage.

- WHOAAAA! And Mio just jumps right in there with the lyrics saving the day. I did not see that coming either, and I even like the imagery they used during the concert a bit. The songs alright too I guess. The lyrics are worse than that "No Boundaries" song from American Idol that is currently getting riffed all over the internet though.

I actually found this episode geniunely fun and really it contains all I've ever asked for from K-On. Some fresh gag bits that fit the theme of the show instead of stock moe panders, a little bit of reference to the whole K-On club atmosphere that is supposed to tie the characters together, and chemistry between the characters. This episode had it all and even offered up a performance to top it off. Even if there's no way that songs going on my playlist, I appreciated the effort. In fact I'd probably say this was the best episode of this series so far, even with the mediocore animation during some segments. Can it keep it up? I have a feeling I'm going to like Azusa regardless. Maybe I'm even looking forward to some art of her, who knows.
Old 2009-05-22, 19:11   Link #88
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Well, seems that next ep will be Azusa's ice-breaking with the gang. Looking forward to that.
Old 2009-05-22, 20:01   Link #89
Texas84
よろしく

Minami Kana
Old 2009-05-22, 20:03   Link #90
Friday
Im shy too...

a much better episode!!!!
and heard a new song!!!!
Azusa.....you better watch out what you getting yourself into!!!!!(the new Mio????)
I wonder what instrument she will play???
Old 2009-05-22, 20:04   Link #91
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas84 View Post

Minami Kana
Who's she? Azusa doesn't look like her at all, apart from the hairstyle.
Old 2009-05-22, 20:07   Link #92
Kyourin
garbage collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
ohh .. she's Kana from Minami-Ke

kinda resembles Azu .. but totally different in aura/personality
Old 2009-05-22, 20:07   Link #93
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
A Minami-Kei character and yep, Azusa looks nothing like her whatsoever. Even the hairstyle is moderately different.
Old 2009-05-22, 20:16   Link #94
Never Knows Best
Monochrome Like A Panda.

Send a message via AIM to Never Knows Best Send a message via MSN to Never Knows Best Send a message via Yahoo to Never Knows Best
K-On! is so great. I love the relationship between Yui and Ui. I kept rewinding like the first 2 minutes of the episode to see Yui cry and hug Ui.

~lulz

Old 2009-05-22, 20:22   Link #95
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

Oh... my... gawd... Sawa sensei MUST BE STOPPED !!!
Old 2009-05-22, 20:36   Link #96
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

She will never be stopped. She'll just have to resort to more musician friendly attire so that they might still play in costume.
Old 2009-05-22, 20:50   Link #97
ReddyRedWolf

Another rare animal caught.
Old 2009-05-22, 21:00   Link #98
Daiki

If anyone is interested of "Love is a stapler".
Here's the temp song before the full version is release.
http://files.filefront.com/My+Love+i.../fileinfo.html
Old 2009-05-22, 21:31   Link #99
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerider View Post
Oh... my... gawd... Sawa sensei MUST BE STOPPED !!!
she cant be stopped
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Old 2009-05-22, 21:56   Link #100
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIT or MISS View Post
K-On! is so great. I love the relationship between Yui and Ui. I kept rewinding like the first 2 minutes of the episode to see Yui cry and hug Ui.

~lulz
It's just a touch too ideal for my tastes. Ui must have the patience of a saint to be able to put up with Yui's laziness and needy nature.
Closed Thread