AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-01-16, 22:58   Link #241
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by leokiko View Post
Except she stopped him from confessing, probably because he doesn't know who she really is.
Maybe she's thinking that it's too soon. She doesn't want to hear it...yet
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 23:05   Link #242
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

I wonder if Ichigo from Onegai teacher is somehow related to Lemon from this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
More importantly, what signature favorite junk food? Biscuit based stick foods are no longer all the rage, it seems.
I saw the return of Pocky
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 23:13   Link #243
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
^ guys... jokes aside, it is NOT!!! It's just the same dude behind the plot, so it is bound to use the same structure/premise/lines/twists/archetypes/etc.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 23:24   Link #244
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
I wonder if Ichigo from Onegai teacher is somehow related to Lemon from this
Since the franchise IS set minimum 2030 in the future, for all we know it's been several decades....

.... like daughter like mom, eh?
Old 2012-01-17, 00:21   Link #245
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Although I must admit the jealous childhood friend is getting a little annoying for me, but when she got drunk I also felt kinda sorry for her....
You know what really bothered me though? If Kanna really is the childhood friend, why does Kaito call her Tanigawa? So far on what's revealed, these are the names used by the group on each other.

Mio
Miyoko (Tetsurou)
Not yet said (Kaito/Kanna)

Kanna
Tanigawa (Kaito)
Kanna (Tetsurou)
Kanna (Mio)

Tetsurou
Tetsurou-kun (Mio)
Tetsurou (Kaito)
Not yet said (Kanna)

Kaito
Kai-kun (Kanna)
Kaito (Tetsurou)
Kirishima-kun (Mio)

I dunno, kinda find it odd that everyone is on a first name basis except for Mio --> Kaito and Kirishima --> Kaito. Highly suspicious I say. While not being on a first name basis does not preclude them being childhood friends (for example, BakaTest to name one off the top of my head), the chances they are go down significantly.

Not that it matters much for me, since Tetsurou --> Kanna is so much more adorable. "Idiot (referencing most probably Kaito" by Kanna, only to be followed by Testu's "I'm the idiot" <3. I dunno, I kinda like seeing the playboy having the unrequited love in anime for some reason. To top it all off, he's not a jerk about it! He honestly is helping Kanna and doing his best to set her up with Kaito. Big props for the man. If he is a childhood friend to Kanna, that is how they should act rather than jealous and clingy.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 01:02   Link #246
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

The Onegai connection is the most obvious, but the strong vibe for me was JC Staff and Nagai-sensei's Toradora. The dynamic of the group during the scenes at Kai's house - the easy familiarity hiding the romantic tension - and the way the ED plays under the ending of the episode really called it to mind.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 01:09   Link #247
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep2:

Quote:
Talking about Mio, was she butt-naked while talking on the phone
Exhibitionist!

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 05:17   Link #248
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Exhibitionist!
... in her own room
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 05:40   Link #249
cyth
Banned

Sakudaira Station in Komoro from episode 02. Tourist anime ftw.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 06:14   Link #250
Johnny
Working the bags...

Just going to be painful to watch the childhood friend Tanigawa who has a better chance of getting together with the strange alien thingy then with Kaito...

The similarities between the two shows are piling up even more. Not that I mind it as long as what serenade beta pointed out about Kaito being dull as a wooden spoon doesn't stay so for the remaining episodes. Kei was about as boring as you could get and his illness was the only thing going for him, so let's hope Kaito can at least rise above that level. Which sadly they seem to be playing up on as well...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 06:45   Link #251
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Episode 02

Man, I couldn't wait for this ep. Once I saw it out, I was so on edge because the darn thing took all morning to crawl to me(bloody 10KB/s)

Nice wait too, I just love Oneechan-san Such a nice girl, and cares a lot, gah why does she have to leave!?!?!???? ONEECHAN-SANNNNNNNNN :crying: You crazy Kaito, if I was there, I'd have jumped on the train and be like "Don't leave meeeeeeee"

But then again, she left me alone to my Mizuho, so bai bai Oneechan-san, Home Alone with Mizuho!

I like how Kanna was reacting when they were at the table discussing Mizuho's existence. I was expecting Kanna to blurt out "I'm staying here too!" but wow, good composure, girl. You aren't cliche, that's for sure

Again though, Glasses friend guy has a great plan, and have everyone meet at The House. Or was that Lemon's plan....ufufufufu just who was the star of the show this week, anyways? I love Rinon's sound effects, that silly little pink Bayleef, I seriously thought my sound system was messed up (that's SRS Premium Sound!). And Lemon-chan, I just love her story ideas (anyone else get the references?), but I have now discovered something:

Lemon-chan + Kings game + Lemon-chan as the King = ULTIMATE GAME EVER

Ahem but the best part of the ep was of course:

And now we know why she went space travelin'. She's chasing her dreams, quite literally at that, so it's nice to know she wasn't just flying around the empty void and then coincidentally fell to earth. Now I'm hoping she see's the place of her dreams and finds the meaning to it. I for one am looking forward to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leokiko View Post
Except she stopped him from confessing, probably because he doesn't know who she really is.
I have a theory: what if, after the Mizuho Kusanagi incident, their space agency put a relationship ban on anyone going to unsanctioned worlds. It would make sense why she silenced Kaito before he could say anything, she probably knows that it'd be really painful for her if she hears nice words like that, and not being able to do anything about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Talking about Mio, was she butt-naked while talking on the phone
She seriously was (yeah, in her own room. Maybe she was webcam'ing? *runs*) I was so laughing at that scene, because just last week I was hoping for more surprising things from her, and now we saw her naked in her own room, cuddling a giant plushie and on the phone with her friends

I wonder how does she hug that whale...
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 07:13   Link #252
kenshinkid
"Phenomenal" Parody God
*Author

I'm surprised no one mention the "Saiyu sen jiko yo!" in the preview. Its been ages since I last heard it XD
Old 2012-01-17, 07:30   Link #253
warita
Dai-Youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
Maybe she's thinking that it's too soon. She doesn't want to hear it...yet
You guys think he wanted to confess his love for her? I dont think he realizes what he feels right now, he is confused and thats what he wanted to communicate to her as well. And she stopped him.... so that he has time to think it over and can decide better, what he wants to tell her the next time the opportunity comes up.
warita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 07:44   Link #254
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshinkid View Post
I'm surprised no one mention the "Saiyu sen jiko yo!" in the preview. Its been ages since I last heard it XD
SHHhhh! Of course I wouldn't mention it, that's a forbidden line

Quote:
Originally Posted by warita View Post
You guys think he wanted to confess his love for her? I dont think he realizes what he feels right now, he is confused and thats what he wanted to communicate to her as well. And she stopped him.... so that he has time to think it over and can decide better, what he wants to tell her the next time the opportunity comes up.
It's interesting what he was about to say. He didn't even get past "I". So it could have been many things. One of the things I was thinking of was supposing he wanted to ask her about it (painful bug bites). She couldn't tell him then, right? Considering she's been trying to hide everything about her previous whereabouts.

Another thing would be, this time he was conscious when she healed him. This happened just like his dream (delusion), so supposing he was going to ask her about herself (you know, the "did you really booby-heal me last night?"), which of course she couldn't say. I would say though it's interesting that 2 dreams have crossed paths right now, supposing her lakeside scenery really is nearby. Maybe these 2 have some special dreaming ability
Old 2012-01-17, 07:52   Link #255
Akarin

Onegai Transfer Student Eps.2

The best snack to eat while watching Ano Natsu

Spoiler for Pochy:

Last edited by Akarin; 2012-01-17 at 08:07.
Akarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 08:55   Link #256
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost My Music View Post
The best snack to eat while watching Ano Natsu
I see your red box Pocky, and I will raise that to GOLD BOX POCKY

lol Mizuho looks like she wants some, she's about to pop out of my screen and get some XD I swear I didn't do that on purpose, since that's my favorite scene I had to pause it at that

See that, Malky? That's "MILK" chocolate Now if she wants some, I'll just trade some of my Milk Choco Pocky for some of her mil- *gets choked by Lemon-chan*
Old 2012-01-17, 08:58   Link #257
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Just going to be painful to watch the childhood friend Tanigawa who has a better chance of getting together with the strange alien thingy then with Kaito...
yeah childhood friends never win in these kind of shows
Old 2012-01-17, 09:07   Link #258
Akarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Spoiler for Amazing GOLD milk choco pocky:

lol Mizuho looks like she wants some, she's about to pop out of my screen and get some XD I swear I didn't do that on purpose, since that's my favorite scene I had to pause it at that

See that, Malky? That's "MILK" chocolate Now if she wants some, I'll just trade some of my Milk Choco Pocky for some of her mil- *gets choked by Lemon-chan*

I admit my defeat and follow you from now, Master.
Akarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 09:15   Link #259
Solafighter
Hige

This speaks for itself:

Old 2012-01-17, 09:25   Link #260
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
I see your red box Pocky, and I will raise that to GOLD BOX POCKY

WTF!?! Where did you bought that? I swear all I could find is red Pocky.

And I just noticed how many younger viewers started commenting that the show is cliche.
djmaca is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romantic comedy, shounen