AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2004-05-26, 19:52   Link #21
llama

Send a message via AIM to llama
Err...I don't know much about computers, so maybe I should just shut up...but maybe the problem is that the drive isn't converted to fat 32? Unfortunetly, I'm not sure how you would convert it if it isn't. Sorry.
llama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-26, 19:58   Link #22
durrem
[megaplay] *sparkles*

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoz
Yea, I have both my drives on the same cable.

Edit: Thanks for the link, but I still dunno where the put the Jumper Shunt at. Can you clarify it for me please?
Put the jumper vertically across the second pair of pins. The jumper should be perpendicular to the orientation of the cable when the cable is plugged in. Sorry if I'm not being clear. Just try to match the picture on the link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Sin_
Disconnecting and then reconnecting every device agaian or only the HD? I guess I'll google then too with +MBR +corrupt +"cold boot"?
I was actually looking for Unmountable Boot Device and blue screen... but try others, too.
durrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-26, 19:59   Link #23
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Quote:
Originally Posted by llama
Err...I don't know much about computers, so maybe I should just shut up...but maybe the problem is that the drive isn't converted to fat 32? Unfortunetly, I'm not sure how you would convert it if it isn't. Sorry.
Nah, that isn't it but thanks for the help. The spirit is what counts ^_^
_Sin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-28, 19:00   Link #24
chaoz
I see all and pwn all

Ok I got it to work, thanks for all the help guys.
But I got a question, if I used up all the room in one drive, will it automatically take the space from the other drive?
chaoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-28, 21:15   Link #25
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoz
Ok I got it to work, thanks for all the help guys.
But I got a question, if I used up all the room in one drive, will it automatically take the space from the other drive?
Did you partition the hard disk into one or more drives? You should partition the HD into 3 partitions to save disk space.

As for your question: No, you will have to specify were to save your drives. If your client points to drive C: it will try to save there every file. If there is not enough disk space to do so, the client will stop downloading.
_Sin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-29, 05:06   Link #26
Shadowlord
~DESU

there are a couple reasons for this, most probable would be the fact that you have set a jumper cable wrong, or your motherboard cannot handle HD's that big. your computer might not detecting your HD right also.

try checking your HD to make sure the jumper cable is in the right spot.

check your motherboard manual to see what the max HD capacity is. If your HD is too big, you may have to update your BIOS so it can detect it. It could also be a fualty HD, but that is unlikely.

[Edit]I just realized that you figured the answer out, disregard this post[/Edit]
Shadowlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-02, 00:30   Link #27
cabbit
Fish Tin Turtle Lead Soup

Send a message via AIM to cabbit
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Sin_
Did you partition the hard disk into one or more drives? You should partition the HD into 3 partitions to save disk space.

As for your question: No, you will have to specify were to save your drives. If your client points to drive C: it will try to save there every file. If there is not enough disk space to do so, the client will stop downloading.
If you use Win2K or WinXP on NTFS, this point is moot. It won't really save you space unless you're running on a FAT32 partition. Just go ahead a make it one big drive, unless you want to partition it into seperate drives for organization reasons. The most you'll save is a few megabytes and with all the large files such as movies, will you even miss it? A MP3 uses more space than the space you will save from partitioning it.

I myself have my boot drive, a WD 250 GB hard drive partitioned into two, 30 Gig for the OS, and the rest for storage. I also have a WD 120, a Maxtor 160, and another Maxtor 200 Gig. None of them are partitioned.

Yes, any downloads you may have will stop if it runs out of space. If you're using WinXP or Win2K, go into administrative tools in the control panel and then computer management. Select "disk management" and reformat it (you'll lose all your data) and set it as an extended partition. It will act as an extention to the drive you attach it to, such as your original drive is a 200 gig and you add another 200 gig as an extended partition, itll make your C: drive look like a 400 gig.
cabbit is offline   Reply With Quote