AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

View Poll Results: Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 33 18.97%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 44 25.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 69 39.66%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 8.62%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 3.45%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 6 3.45%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.57%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 174. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-08, 09:29   Link #241
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Quote:
"You cannot resist us Mr. Powers."
Oh no lol Now I have that image of Battler as Powers in my head
Old 2009-08-08, 09:36   Link #242
maximilianjenus
[E]

Kanon is obviously a girl, otherwise I don't see why would she reject to become the toy of her master, after all she is just furniture.
Old 2009-08-08, 10:09   Link #243
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Hmmm a 5/10 for me it was not very entertaining than the others episodes .
Well , The Romance between "Tools" and "Humans" .
So Shannon broke the mirrror then Beatrice got her powers back . Its her fault lol . Well , she wanted a true love with George .
Hmmm , its bother me . Who are Shannon and Kanon ? Just "tools" or they have some family etc ... and work in the island ? i mean , if they don't like their life they should leave ...

Want more Battler vs Beatrice
Since I haven't rewatched with the subs yet I'm not sure if the subbers used the word "tools" to describe Shannon and Kanon, but really, it should be "furniture" instead. They are servants and in this household Kinzo has already drilled into them that they are nothing but furniture that can only serve their masters an nothing else. Falling in love with a human is something furniture can't do in a literal sense and this is why Kanon rejects Jessica so severely. Shannon on the other hand has given into Beatrice's temptation and "tries" to become human.

And it should have already been noted that Shannon and Kanon owes Kinzo big time so it isn't like they can just pack up and leave. Plus the fact that they are both very loyal...right to the point of considering themselves as furniture. You can see that Gohda isn't like that at all...
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
Kanon is obviously a girl, otherwise I don't see why would she reject to become the toy of her master, after all she is just furniture.
I hope you are joking there...I know the voice is bad and all but...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2009-08-08, 10:12   Link #244
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Quote:
I hope you are joking there...I know the voice is bad and all but...
I think the voice improved a bit in the last episode...or I got used to it or the lack of his girly uniform.
Old 2009-08-08, 11:18   Link #245
Beruko08
The Shadow of Twilight
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Beruko08
Well, I don't think you could mistake his voice as a female character after watching Higurashi and Maria Holic ... Even me mistook him as girl at first when I was hearing there was going to be a release of Umineko Ep 1 game.
Old 2009-08-08, 11:24   Link #246
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Quote:
Well, I don't think you could mistake his voice as a female character after watching Higurashi and Maria Holic
You can if you watched Negima
Old 2009-08-08, 11:25   Link #247
Vicious108

Pretty good episode. It's nice that they're focusing on Kanon in this arc since I found him to be one of the most interesting characters initially.

Seeing Beatrice again so early was a real shocker though. But cool. Oh and the preview for next episode... simply hilarious.
Old 2009-08-08, 13:17   Link #248
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

So they're robots ... Damn new type .

-JK-
Old 2009-08-08, 13:36   Link #249
darkmaster074
------

Kanon is a boy or girl i dont know
Old 2009-08-08, 13:39   Link #250
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Quote:
Kanon is a boy or girl i dont know
A boy. Seriously do you think jessica would openly ask a girl to pretend to be her boyfriend and ontop on that fall in love with her? Naah~, also he was called "shota" and is mostly adressed with -kun. Batller says "he knows how boys this age are" (said that in VN about Kanon after being welcomed and rejected rather rude (Battler kinda tried to make friends with him)

Okay that's what common sense tells us...but common sense never apllies to Umineko so...he s probaly a girl xDDDD
Old 2009-08-08, 13:40   Link #251
sainfate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
(4) Beatrice is trying to help them fall in love with Ushiromiya children in order to break out of her own imprisonment....
The episode tells us that, however not knowing more about the details and what exactly it means is really eating me inside....lol
Old 2009-08-08, 14:26   Link #252
darkmaster074
------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsu View Post
A boy. Seriously do you think jessica would openly ask a girl to pretend to be her boyfriend and ontop on that fall in love with her? Naah~, also he was called "shota" and is mostly adressed with -kun. Batller says "he knows how boys this age are" (said that in VN about Kanon after being welcomed and rejected rather rude (Battler kinda tried to make friends with him)

Okay that's what common sense tells us...but common sense never apllies to Umineko so...he s probaly a girl xDDDD
The same thinking after all this is not yuri anime
Old 2009-08-08, 18:07   Link #253
lubczyk

I wonder if Beatrice has a split personality? One moment, she's having a nice tea party with Shannon, the next, she's laughing maniacally.
Old 2009-08-08, 18:10   Link #254
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Quote:
I wonder if Beatrice has a split personality? One moment, she's having a nice tea party with Shannon, the next, she's laughing maniacally.
And here we wondered if Beatrice is a part of a split personality. And hey did Rena have a split personality (one moemnt she got Hau~ and the next she went USO DA! lol)
But actually maybe she was faking to trick Shannon into believing her.
Old 2009-08-08, 18:15   Link #255
maximilianjenus
[E]

Oh, Kanon is a girl, she is just posing as a guy for whatever reason that has something to do with the inheritance (I guess this should be in the theories thread).
Old 2009-08-08, 18:17   Link #256
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Quote:
Oh, Kanon is a girl, she is just posing as a guy for whatever reason that has something to do with the inheritance (I guess this should be in the theories thread).
Lol what's up with you and the "Kanon is a girl" thing recently? Well of course he posed as a boy because of the inheritance. he didn't know of Battler so his only possibilty of marrying into the family was Jessica (George was already taken)
Old 2009-08-08, 19:09   Link #257
Beruko08
The Shadow of Twilight
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
You can if you watched Negima
I watched it but i meant Kobayashi can change voice's tone to fit her character's gender.

@maximilianjenus: you watch shoujo-ai too much...
Old 2009-08-08, 19:12   Link #258
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Quote:
I watched it but i meant Kobayashi can change voice's tone to fit her character's gender.
*starts laughing* Seriously! I am lauging my ass of right now. I made a nice video about it and no person was able to differ between Setsuna and Kanon's voice...it is the same you now
Old 2009-08-08, 19:20   Link #259
Beruko08
The Shadow of Twilight
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
*starts laughing* Seriously! I am lauging my ass of right now. I made a nice video about it and no person was able to differ between Setsuna and Kanon's voice...it is the same you now
Man, all I wanted to say is at least you could tell the different between the characters's gender by their appearance and the voice's tone (put Traps aside).
Old 2009-08-08, 19:22   Link #260
Kitsu
The unlucky one

You can tell only by the appearance...the tone and everything there is no different...poor kanon. But like I said I think in this episode his voice got better dunno why though. I look forward to hear more and then deicde if Kobayashi Yuu is able to make him sound more "boyish"