AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 09 Rating
Perfect 10 13 15.85%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 29 35.37%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 24.39%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 12.20%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 7.32%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.44%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.22%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.22%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-01, 09:47   Link #1001
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darco_emp View Post
More effective? that is yet to be determined, since Starlight Breaker version two does come with the nice package of total shield break.

Besides don't you want to see more people been be friended with Starlight Breaker?
IIRC, Total Seal Break actually, which affects barriers, not shields (the difference of which has already been explained in the manga). While I don't have trouble believing that Nanoha can overpower a shield with SB based on sheer power alone, that's not the same as having the ability to totally destroy the shield based on its properties and not its power.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-06-01, 09:49   Link #1002
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
And I called it Loonsave. I guess that's what I get for trusting the AXN subs too easily.
I... Sort of cheated myself

wiki

Quote:
But ONLY through intangible objects...
Wait!
Hell, that'll be pretty damned useful after all.
For one thing, Nanoha would be screwed

Quote:
I wonder if he could make a single blade out of the hundred.
He already has the most powerful freezing Za- I mean, Staff of all of TSAB

I suppose one more captain wouldn't matter
Old 2007-06-01, 09:49   Link #1003
Meophist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
IIRC, Total Seal Break actually, which affects barriers, not shields. While I don't have trouble believing that Nanoha can overpower a shield with SB based on sheer power alone, that's not the same as having the ability to totally destroy the shield based on its properties and not its power.
Oddly enough, Nanoha uses it to break fields, not barriers.
Old 2007-06-01, 09:50   Link #1004
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
just one more....

Ah, but what if you can fire a Starlight Breaker inside the barrier? Since that's basically what A.C.S. does, break through a barrier and fire a Starlight Breaker at point-blank range.

To quote Skane: Cheers
It will be intersting to see that, however I wonder if A.C.S can support such an attack, since Starlight Breaker's magic output is far greater then normal so it may become clipped at the output by the A.C.S this way.

EDIT: do a merry dance for the first Nanoha ep discussion that break 1000, and I expect alot more from now on
Old 2007-06-01, 09:50   Link #1005
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
nanoha uses it to break most things "its called milking the skill you are best at " :3

and speaking of barriers we just broke the 1K one

edit: haha you lagg you lose XD but darn i wanted to ninja 1k GET! >.<

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-06-01, 09:51   Link #1006
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Speaking of breaking barriers....

Welcome to the 1000

EDIT:

Damnit Deathkillz! I wanted to say that first!
Old 2007-06-01, 09:51   Link #1007
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
Since when? Including the manga, Nanoha's only used SB 4 times, and two of those times, she used it to break barriers, the first Yuuno's, and the next the Wolkenritter's.

Damn... no 1K get

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-06-01, 09:51   Link #1008
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
It will be intersting to see that, however I wonder if A.C.S can support such an attack, since Starlight Breaker's magic output is far greater then normal so it may become clipped at the output by the A.C.S this way.
Try rewatching A's, Nanoha used it on Yami no Sho during the last episodes (can't say for sure if it was 11 or twelve).
Old 2007-06-01, 09:54   Link #1009
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Nanoha did use Starlight Breaker with Excellion mode, when she used in on The Book of Darkness. I don't think "clipping" is gonna be a problem, since Nanoha simply uses RH as an ignition primer for the collected energy used in Starlight Breaker, and not the main gunbarrel itself so to speak.

Old 2007-06-01, 09:55   Link #1010
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I... Sort of cheated myself

wiki
Nevermind that. I read it from wiki as well but FORGOT the spelling.
Damn, what a disgrace for a spelling and grammar nut like me.

Quote:
For one thing, Nanoha would be screwed
Not to mention going through barriers like a ghost through a wall.

Quote:
He already has the most powerful freezing Za- I mean, Staff of all of TSAB

I suppose one more captain wouldn't matter
I didn't quite get that. I was referring to an ability to compress the hundred energy blades into a single overpowered blade. The more concentrated, the better. And Durandal's a freakin superweapon.

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Old 2007-06-01, 09:56   Link #1011
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Quote:
Try rewatching A's, Nanoha used it on Yami no Sho during the last episodes (can't say for sure if it was 11 or twelve).
That is Divine Buster or Force Burst wasn't it? Where the output of power should be much lower then Starlight breaker, so prehapes it can operate under A.C.S, however it is not good to drive a high output gain through a limited channel, as I have found today when coding/building a electrical system....
Old 2007-06-01, 10:00   Link #1012
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Maybe a little clarification is in order between the defences, as people seem to mess them up.

"Fields" are normally short-radius defences, designed to protect yourself. Remember Signum's "Panzer Geist"? That's a field. Other times they mainly disrupt, in which case its used in larger radius'
"Shield" is the magic circle type defense, and mainly reflects. They're also often more powerfull then the barrier type, although they can guard only one direction.
"Barrier" are the orb-type all-round defenses, designed to protect everything in a certain radius. Barriers are also used to capture or reduce damage to suroundings.
Old 2007-06-01, 10:00   Link #1013
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Definately 11

Quote:

I didn't quite get that. I was referring to an ability to compress the hundred energy blades into a single overpowered blade. The more concentrated, the better. And Durandal's a freakin superweapon.
Ah you see, in Bleach, there's this one captain that uses the most powerful freezing zanpakutō in the whole series...

And what a coincidence is that captain is also just a kid

And when you said compress the blades, it sort of reminded me of this other captain who uses cherry petals...
Old 2007-06-01, 10:01   Link #1014
Thisguy
Negikamo

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Hero in Disguise View Post
So the AMF kinda gradually dissolves the spell entering it? What's the basis under the inability of using magic inside wide-range AMF then - impossibility to gather necessary initial amount of energy? Can it be overcome by high-ranking mages? Also I'm waiting for more tricks with AMF - can't the flying drones disrupt flight magic at least (I was so hoping for that to happen )?
Anti Magi-link Field, or AMF in short, is explained to nullify magics by prevent and dissolve connection of magic power.
Thus, both casting magic inside the field and entering magic-shots are effectively nullified.

In StS comic, Nanoha actually says that it can disrupt the usage of flying magic or even a basic-protection magic, and overcoming AMF is of very advanced technique.
(btw; StS comic is out, yay me )

Known countermeasures are
- Use the after-effect of magic.
Although magic itself will be dissolved by AMF, any physical phenomenon that caused by magic will remain; thus it's possible to use it to attack an AMF opponent.
It must be noted that user must be out of AMF range to use initiating magic, so it's gonna be problematic when sorrounded.
Example: Accelerate a rock with magic. While magic will be nullified, rock will keep it's momentum and damages the target.
Nanoha and Fate used this method against Drones in their first encounter.

- Hack'n Slash by sheer power.
Plain and simple, whack em with your weapon until they become silent.
Known to be the choice for skilled Velka Knights, who're good at physical enchant magics.
However it's different story for less-skilled Knights who relies on weapon's magic enhancement, as demonstrated in Ep5 where Erio got pwned badly after his energy blade got nullified.
Signum, Vita and Subaru are most prominent example for using this method.
One upside of this method is that it doesn't require the user to be outside of AMF, thusly able to fight effectively even when they're sorrounded.

- Multi-layered magic bullet.
Demostrated by Teana, it penetrates AMF by encasing magic shot itself with outer casing which keeps AMF busy while shot flies toward target.
I suppose wider the AMF range is, it becomes more difficult for this method.
The problem of "user must be out of AMF" goes in this method, too.

- Nullifies AMF itself first.
AMF itself being a field magic, it can be nullified by field magic canceller.
Caro used this method in Ep5, and helped Erio finishing a Type-03 Drone off.
Problem is once again the user must be outside of AMF to cast canceling magic, so it's problematic when the user is sorrounded by Drones.
Old 2007-06-01, 10:06   Link #1015
Aaron008R

Quote:
Definately 11

Ah you see, in Bleach, there's this one captain that uses the most powerful freezing zanpakutō in the whole series...

And what a coincidence is that captain is also just a kid

And when you said compress the blades, it sort of reminded me of this other captain who uses cherry petals...
Ah sorry. I mistook the Za- part for another word.
So it's Hitsugaya Toushirou and Kuchiki Byakuya then.

Back on topic, what are the odds of the Zamber blade of Bardiche lasting for long in AMF influence?

OC Profiles
Old 2007-06-01, 10:08   Link #1016
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Bingo.

Quote:
Back on topic, what are the odds of the Zamber blade of Bardiche lasting for long in AMF influence?
I imagine it to be very thick and sturdy... :heh
Old 2007-06-01, 10:10   Link #1017
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Quote:

I can only see Fate uses something simlar to Teana's bullets on Bardiche Zamber if she is to use Zamber form in an AMF. since I assume the magical energy will be defused just like what happened to Erio.
Old 2007-06-01, 10:12   Link #1018
Aaron008R

Quote:
Bingo.

I imagine it to be very thick and sturdy... :heh
I think magically 'dense' is the word your looking for.

By myself, I'm not too confident that it would hold for more than a minute. But Fate would be swinging it around quickly anyway.

Quote:
I can only see Fate uses something simlar to Teana's bullets on Bardiche Zamber if she is to use Zamber form in an AMF. since I assume the magical energy will be defused just like what happened to Erio.
That would work too. But like I said, the blade wouldn't be stationary for long when Fate is fighting.

OC Profiles
Old 2007-06-01, 10:12   Link #1019
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Why bother? She can just use Lightning spells outside the AMF radius.
Old 2007-06-01, 10:16   Link #1020
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Why bother? She can just use Lightning spells outside the AMF radius.
The damage from lightning though can be reduced, or even nullified with nothing more than a little electrical know-how to reroute the path of the electrical current. While effective, Fate better have something else planned just in case, or she'll be smacking around Bardiche the hard way

Closed Thread