AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-04-25, 06:51   Link #3901
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

In her defense, the problem of Kanzashi is not only she felt insecure, people always LOOK at her with her sister in mind.

And her sister, up to V7, only cause misunderstanding over misunderstanding. Only when Tate become honest that Kanzashi realize her true intention.

@ Harem
The sad thing is: many, MANY harem ditched the exploration of that theme for the sake of antics and more antics. Oh, and double standard is in full effect, male protagonist with dark backstory? "MAN UP/ DON'T BE A WHINER"

Case in point: our protagonist, ladies and gentlemen.
Old 2013-04-25, 07:27   Link #3902
Hydreigon28

With the release of Volume 8, when do you think Volume 9 will come out? I checked out the release dates of the previous volumes and saw that 3 volumes were released a year, but that stopped after Volume 7. What's the normal pace for the release of light novels?
Hydreigon28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 07:29   Link #3903
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Unlike manga, Light novel don't normally follow a specific schedule.
Old 2013-04-25, 07:29   Link #3904
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Depends on the contract but quarterly I believe.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 07:33   Link #3905
Hydreigon28

How many more volumes do you think will be released before IS finishes?
Old 2013-04-25, 07:34   Link #3906
n0m@n
C-Z

Volume 8 was only 249 pages long(including illustrations). And Izuru said that it was "really a tough job".
So volume 9 might take a while. Maybe.
Old 2013-04-25, 07:35   Link #3907
Eratas123

Knowing this series? About 10.
Old 2013-04-25, 07:37   Link #3908
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Nah, make it 12
Old 2013-04-25, 07:43   Link #3909
Hydreigon28

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
Volume 8 was only 249 pages long(including illustrations). And Izuru said that it was "really a tough job".
So volume 9 might take a while. Maybe.
I just checked Volume 7 and it had more or less 225 pages. I don't read Light Novels that much so I don't know the standard number of pages per volume.

I guess the challenge of Izuru is to make sure that the plot of IS has enough substance before it concludes but at the same time, he has to make sure it doesn't drag on for too long.

@n0m@n

Did Izuru ever mention his other Light Novel (I think it's called "After School Battlefield") or what motivated him to continue IS in the Afterword?

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2013-04-25 at 13:39. Reason: Please use the "edit" button to add content to your post instead of double/triple posting.
Old 2013-04-25, 07:48   Link #3910
n0m@n
C-Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydreigon28 View Post
I just checked Volume 7 and it had more or less 225 pages. I don't read Light Novels that much so I don't know the standard number of pages per volume.
If you take out the illustrations, the blank pages, afterword.....and yeah......you are right. Its around that.
And he doesnt put that much detail in his writings, so his work is really shallow...... You can read volume 8 in 90 minutes. Thats how short it is. He also mixes first person narrative and third person narrative everywhere so its quite messy.

Edit: Btw, you cant triple post. There is a edit button in the bottom right of your post.
Old 2013-04-25, 07:50   Link #3911
HasuMasu
*Artist

That's basically the way it's been since day one.

First person for Ichika, third for everyone else.

Though to me it only really gets messy during the action, I swear I can barely make out what's going on.
HasuMasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 07:50   Link #3912
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
You have a point but I've never watched those anime. My idea of a harem anime is something similar to Infinite Stratos and Hayate no Gotoku. I guess I'm not that used to the genre yet.
...HnG harem girls have sad backstories as well.

Maybe not all of them (so far) but certainly the main ones.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 07:54   Link #3913
Hydreigon28

@n0m@n

Sorry about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasumi View Post
That's basically the way it's been since day one.

First person for Ichika, third for everyone else.

Though to me it only really gets messy during the action, I swear I can barely make out what's going on.
I also get messed up with the action especially with the shooting exercise when Ichika was being trained by Tatenashi. I'm glad there's a season 2 though, hopefully the action will be much clearer in animation rather than in text.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2013-04-25 at 13:37. Reason: Please use the "edit" button to add content to your post instead of double posting.
Old 2013-04-25, 07:57   Link #3914
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
don't read Light Novels that much so I don't know the standard number of pages per volume.
- It's kind of hard to say. IS isn't really heavy on the pages as Light Novels go (That honor goes to the Horizon LNs, which are Phonebook-thick), and "Light" is kind of used more for the topic/matter.

EG Light Novels are kind of like a Juvenile/Pulp analog closely tied into Anime, and tends to use a more informal or comedic style.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 07:58   Link #3915
Eratas123

I just hope they EXPLAIN what the hell Tabane is on to make her a female Senator Armstrong. And I sincerely hope its not nanomachines
Old 2013-04-25, 08:01   Link #3916
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
I just hope they EXPLAIN what the hell Tabane is on to make her a female Senator Armstrong. And I sincerely hope its not nanomachines
- TabaneTrolling. It's always going to be about the TabaneTrolling...
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 08:03   Link #3917
Eratas123

Trolling doesn't allow you to beat superweapons.......unless you're Hazama In which case, trolling helps a lot.
Old 2013-04-25, 08:07   Link #3918
HasuMasu
*Artist

I don't know, from what I've understood without actually reading it, she just deleted the data that constituted parts of the IS.

Keeping in mind who she is and the things she's done before, neither surprising nor do I see it as contrived.
HasuMasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 08:08   Link #3919
Hydreigon28

Right Tabane built the IS 10 years before the series started? Doesn't that mean she created the IS when she was just 14 years old?
Old 2013-04-25, 08:08   Link #3920
Eratas123

Huh? The summary I read a few pages ago indicates that she manhandled the IS physically. And even if she did that, what was stopping Madoka from attacking her with her bare hands? There must've been something to deter her.

@ Hydre - I pointed out that plot hole multiple times:/ Also, where did she get the funding and the materials? If you actually think about it, her creation makes no Goddamn sense.

Tags
blockhead protagonist, comparison, fanservice, harem, manga rebooted, mecha, not dense mc, seinen, shounen