AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-23, 13:41   Link #1
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Valkyria Chronicles - Voice Actor Appreciation & Discussion

The purpose of this thread is to discuss, critique and idolize the Voice Actor cast of Valkyria Chronicles. Please remember that the discussion should center on their performances as professional voice actors and not on the show content (which can be discussed in the various Episode threads). Please remember this simple rule when critiquing a VA's performance or reading another forum member's critique:
  • Don't take it personally.
    In other words, you’re free to disagree with another person’s opinion, but don’t flame them if they offer a well written and well thought out analysis that differs from your own opinion. Keep it civil.

• Voice Actors are human.
    Yes, it’s true. They’re human. Therefore, don’t just indiscriminately rip them and their work apart as if they’re inorganic objects. You don’t have to praise them non-stop, but be thoughtful in your criticism.
This thread might duplicate some discussion in the Episode threads, but it can also serve to demystify various VA roles, disseminate VA information (VA Bios, VA photos, etc) and provide cast information of various types as well as discussion about performances.
Old 2009-04-23, 13:53   Link #2
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

I enjoy the English Voice acting in the game and think its more better than the Japanese version.
Old 2009-04-23, 13:55   Link #3
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
I enjoy the English Voice acting in the game and think its more better than the Japanese version.
I haven't compared them long enough that I'll allow myself to make a determination...

However, if the anime makes it to the States, they really really need to keep the same voice cast as the game's stateside set.
Old 2009-04-23, 14:34   Link #4
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
l like them both equally...for alicia,lsara,rosie, selvy l feel their va's did a great job...
l prefer welkin's english va to it's Japanese counterpart the same goes for the reporter lrene was it?
Old 2009-04-23, 14:52   Link #5
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
the reporter lrene was it?
Yeah, Irene Ellet.

She should have appeared in the anime by now. Hopefully in episode 4 or 5.
Old 2009-04-23, 15:53   Link #6
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
What I'm concerned is with the English VAs who only do minor appearances like Jann's VA and all.

Well, VA change as long as he/she does a good job is okay. Like replacing Megumi-san with Junko.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2009-04-23, 22:38   Link #7
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Faldio-Sakurai

Maximillian-Fukuyama

Selvaria-Ohara

Interesting connection we have there since all three of them are in Code Geass. So what are the chances of the events in Geass repeating themselves ?
Old 2009-04-24, 01:29   Link #8
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Who knows?

Yeah, I already know that though. He he... I laughed when I found out the seiyus involved, especially them. XP

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2009-04-24, 08:07   Link #9
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Well, for one, Selvaria does have Milly's boobs.

Not many new voices in the series. So, fire away for those who want to know more information about the VAs.
Old 2009-04-25, 17:17   Link #10
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Maximillian-Fukuyama
Interesting connection we have there since all three of them are in Code Geass. So what are the chances of the events in Geass repeating themselves ?
Repeating themselves? I think it already is....If I recall correctly,

Spoiler:
Old 2009-05-06, 02:15   Link #11
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

So far, Rosie and Largo have received different voices in the anime.
Old 2009-05-06, 02:24   Link #12
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

I think they're the only ones confirmed in the show.

Old 2009-05-19, 07:28   Link #13
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Well, now that I've heard the Empire, those who hear Lelouch in Max ought to clean out their ears a bit. While it sounds similar, Max's voice goes a lot deeper, and has none of Lelouch's bravado. Cold, ruthless: as expected from you, heika. What was a surprise was Ohara-san's Selvaria. Again, cold as ice.

On the other hand, Minagawa's Rosie is Cornelia, no doubts about that.

Last edited by yezhanquan; 2009-05-19 at 08:09.
Old 2009-05-19, 07:48   Link #14
denice25

i like the translation of Valkyria Chronicles...
Old 2009-05-26, 16:23   Link #15
cloner4000

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Well, now that I've heard the Empire, those who hear Lelouch in Max ought to clean out their ears a bit. While it sounds similar, Max's voice goes a lot deeper, and has none of Lelouch's bravado. Cold, ruthless: as expected from you, heika. What was a surprise was Ohara-san's Selvaria. Again, cold as ice.

On the other hand, Minagawa's Rosie is Cornelia, no doubts about that.
But they are done by the same voice actor aren't they? at least that's the common consensus. I think people have check the credit to confirm that as well.

Base on the setting of the story..the English VA doesn't seem out of place and some of them actually do a really decent job...the English Jann has wow me beyond comparison.

Actually even the sub character English voice acting bring out their personality, Catherine is a big hit with her Irish accents and I like Elysse with her laid-back voice.
Old 2009-05-26, 19:16   Link #16
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Same guy, but different acting.