AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Aquarion EVOL - Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 12 30.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 9 22.50%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 30.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 10.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.50%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 5.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-05-07, 13:15   Link #101
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
you mean this season is gonna have genderbender?

thought i think i would be much happier if the male cast are the ones who got genderbended instead (imagines cute girl versions of Amata, Andy, & Shrade )
In the next 12000 years

where the antagonist's planet is composed of females only, and if males stays in that planet for too long, they would changed into females eventually
Old 2012-05-07, 13:44   Link #102
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
In the next 12000 years

where the antagonist's planet is composed of females only, and if males stays in that planet for too long, they would changed into females eventually
& when that actually happens, i think they should play this perfect music when the next generation element pilots are visiting that planet

"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"

Last edited by Patriot's Blade; 2012-05-07 at 13:55.
Old 2012-05-07, 13:58   Link #103
Bern-san

If you're going to turn Mix into a man, at least make "him" have a more masculine body for the sake of fanservice for the ladies (not all girls are Sazanka who only want male x male).

At least I expect to have some Mikono-Kagura's moments next episode (or the latter)

Aren't people in Altair sick of listening to the same song over and over again everyday?
Old 2012-05-07, 15:12   Link #104
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

This went on almost immediately after the episode aired and has been around for some time:

Spoiler for RIP Mix's:

And MIX-Y is a reference to the X and Y chromosomes.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2012-05-07, 15:15   Link #105
kuromitsu

MI-XY - well damn, it was time I was right about something...

Anyway, when this is over and Amata survives he'll write a book titled "Amata Sora - The Story Of My Youth, or How I Came To Hate Cats"

Mykage and Zessica.
ZESSICA, LET'S CHANGE PLACES PLEASE OH MYKAGE WHY DO YOU HAVE TO BE SO DAMN PRETTY
Also, I've been liking Mykage's facial expressions in the recent episodes. In the first part his default expression was that smug smirk, but recently he's been showing various expressions, and in this ep you could tell he was being sincere when he told Zessica about the pain of not being chosen. Also, there was more than a little Touma in him here, but I still don't think he's Touma (reincarnation or the real thing). His personality is just so different, and how would an angel be born without the Tree of Life anyway? (Then again, he's pretty much the only angel around, and as we've seen from the Genesis flashbacks, Touma will be important in one way or another.)

Mikono... "I have something to tell you. I will definitely tell you when I come back!" - this is supposed to be the other way around! XD;; It should be you gazing after your love interest disappearing into the sunset! But then, it appears poor Amata still hasn't been given the chance to be a proper main character... -_- hopefully he's getting there now that he found his mom. Mikono and Zessica have been set on the path (I expect Zessica will be "forced" to switch sides and hand Aquarion over to Mykage, or something like that), so I really hope that all main characters will grow into their role in the following couple of episodes.

The former Commander/Principal has been demoted into donut-fetching boy. ^^;; But... Fudou, with donuts the sweet stuff is ON the ring, not IN it... ^^;; Btw, re: miketyson's elaboration on why Neo-Deava just doesn't work as a proper military organization: Crea is worried about being defenseless, so they send five Vectors to Altair. Just so Neo-Deava would be totally defenseless should anyone try to attack. ^^;;

Shrade switching with Cayenne. Just let me die of nosebleed (daamn poor Sazanka didn't get to see this XD)

Shrade again with his invisible violin. He was like a boss in this entire episode, I guess they want to give him a chance to shine before they eventually off him... (NOOOOOOO!!! well, it's been coming for a long time, but still I want Cayenne to hold him and sob over him as he dies)

...and oh wow, Zessica and Yunoha are turning into guys, too. Oh my. OH MY. xD (now I want to see the guys get genderbent, too. I'm sure girl!Amata would be insanely cute.) By the way I guessed that the "boy" was a girl (and therefore likely to be Mix) before the big reveal - his chara design was the same as the girls'. ^^;; I wonder, not for the first time, why they didn't bother to "consolidate" the two art styles. As great as it is that male and female characters have different body types (girls are slender, guys are broader and more "heavy" looking), the very striking differences in face profiles are a bit wtf.

As for MI-XY being a younger boy, I think it's simply because her seiyuu can't do a proper "male" voice (like Yamaguchi Mayumi, Paku Romi or Takayama Minami) so they had to de-age MI-XY so the voice wouldn't be off. The seiyuu is doing an okay job, but her boy voice wouldn't pass for a male of Mix's age.

By the way, what happened to Amata's wings? He hasn't been using them to fly for a while. In the beach episode there were no signs of wings on his ankles, but I thought it was just the staff being lazy. But yet again he flew without using the wings... and yet Izumo goes, "the boy with the wings"? ^^;;

Next week - Aquarion glows with an evil black light. Oooo. Come to think of it, it's high time the poor mecha gets some spotlight, too, given that the entire series is named after it...

ETA:
Regarding all the discussions about the girls->guys genderbending going on at Altair, there's just one more point. If women who go to Altair all turn into guys, why is Alisia still very obviously a woman? Perhaps this is why she's in stasis, because otherwise she would've turned into a man, too? Maybe she knew this would happen when she left Amata behind at Vega?

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2012-05-07 at 15:35.
Old 2012-05-07, 15:24   Link #106
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

I feel bad for Andy and Zessica. Andy because he came all this way to save Mix, only to find out she's been turned into a guy And Zessica because she just cannot get a break in this series, similar to Reika in Sousei no Aquarion The upside is that Mix most likely will get turned back, and then Andy can finally have those "big bangs" On the other hand, Zessica really does look like she's marked for death as some people have already mentioned
Old 2012-05-07, 16:25   Link #107
SolarAquarion
Organic Mecha

I personally think that Zessica is Toma, and therefore she will be turning into Toma slowly but slowly in the next episoe.
Old 2012-05-07, 19:24   Link #108
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
In the next 12000 years, where the antagonist's planet is composed of females only, and if males stays in that planet for too long, they would changed into females eventually
In a more serious note, if Altair and that other planet becomes inhabited by humans, and Earth for some reason becomes ransacked by Shadow Angels, then we would have a plot similar to Vandread.

This time, we would have forbidden gattai on both sides, and the two three-element units of Aquarion would have a super-gattai. O_O
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2012-05-07, 19:44   Link #109
SolarAquarion
Organic Mecha

Two more threads from /a/ which is relevant to this discussion http://archive.foolz.us/a/thread/63529828/#63549306 http://archive.foolz.us/a/thread/65163090#65164298
Old 2012-05-08, 01:18   Link #110
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xezexal View Post
Quote:
Amata and Kagura share a strong bond. Their relationship is not really fixed and Kawamori changes it according to how the audience reacts.
So the staff really are making stuff up as they go along
Old 2012-05-08, 01:26   Link #111
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Quote:
Amata and Kagura share a strong bond. Their relationship is not really fixed and Kawamori changes it according to how the audience reacts.
So the staff really are making stuff up as they go along
At least one of those is a complete mistranslation (the one about Mikono being a bad woman for connecting people) so yeah. Btw I think I saw this one around here, too, and afaik it was just a speculation, not a confirmed piece of info. (Not to mention the physical limits of making an anime, which means you can only make it up as you go along to a certain degree...)
Old 2012-05-08, 01:36   Link #112
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
At least one of those is a complete mistranslation (the one about Mikono being a bad woman for connecting people) so yeah. Btw I think I saw this one around here, too, and afaik it was just a speculation, not a confirmed piece of info. (Not to mention the physical limits of making an anime, which means you can only make it up as you go along to a certain degree...)
That did seem weird indeed.So what was the original meaning of that sentence?

And I'm sure that they're not making stuff up week by week but I wouldn't be surprised if the ending hadn't been decided when it started airing.
Old 2012-05-08, 03:06   Link #113
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
That did seem weird indeed.So what was the original meaning of that sentence?

And I'm sure that they're not making stuff up week by week but I wouldn't be surprised if the ending hadn't been decided when it started airing.
Let's go to the spoiler thread for this, shall we?

Old 2012-05-08, 06:04   Link #114
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
TBF Gurren Lagann was 26 episodes and Gainax completely made that shit up as they went along, considering the first episode had preview of future Simon, that was supposed to end up being realised but never was because the character development they eventually decided on up to that point would make him acting like that seem weird so they completely retconned him. Meaning they had done barely any detailed planning for the series.
Old 2012-05-08, 06:42   Link #115
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Wait, does that mean that
Spoiler for TTGL:
Old 2012-05-08, 06:58   Link #116
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
TBF Gurren Lagann was 26 episodes and Gainax completely made that shit up as they went along, considering the first episode had preview of future Simon, that was supposed to end up being realised but never was because the character development they eventually decided on up to that point would make him acting like that seem weird so they completely retconned him. Meaning they had done barely any detailed planning for the series.
And the promo trailers for Gankutsuou had scenes and characters that never made it into the actual series, it showed a completely different story for certain characters, with some characters being totally different with totally different designs (Eugénie's hairdo and personality apparently ended up being used for Andrea, etc). Then the writers made some huge last-minute changes and the series ended up the way it did. Writers do change stories and directions in the middle of production, that's nothing new. I've seen anime screenplays with entire pages crossed out, instructions and new dialogue scribbled in, etc.

But these are not the production making stuff up as they go (never mind rewriting entire plotlines just because of fan reactions). Sure, you can change things during production, you can make large changes, but you can't change the story from an episode-to-episode basis given that they don't even do animation and voice recording on an episode-to-episode basis. The screenplay is written before the actual animation happens, can you imagine the chaos if writers were constantly rewriting huge chunks of the screenplay for episodes that have already been animated, or the animation had to come to a halt every single time while the writers decide to rewrite entire plotlines? Not to mention, the writing is way, way ahead of the airing. It's not like they decide on the plot of an episode the week before it airs.

Btw, I work in the dubbing industry and I know it's perfectly possible to record a dub minutes before a show airs, or even during it's airing. That doesn't mean it happens very often...
Old 2012-05-08, 08:03   Link #117
zero7090

wait what!! so Zessica become a man then go back to earth and gangbang yaoi rape amata?
Old 2012-05-08, 09:46   Link #118
Arya

Ah, finally watched the episode. After the due kudos to kuromitsu, I have to say that I did enjoy this episode.
MIX-Y is less manly than I thought, but gender-bendering is a slow process. Anyways on one hand I'm glad that she lost her memories, on the other not. But it will add more drama Andy really is already missing those bangs

Now I really'd like the idea of Kagura being gender-bendered. But I don't think that they will go that far, I mean, Andy x MIXY pair has its meaning, love is stronger than gender, what meaning Kagura-XY could have?

Mikono resoluteness always surprises me, as the previous time with fudos. So, basically she said the words that you shouldn't ever say, because they raise by default a sure death flag unless you are not named Mikono. With even the flashback to reinforce the whole scene and the flag. In her case those words raise just an ill omen, aka the mourning marriage.
Zessica got literally the (fore)kiss of death and she is drawing steadily in despair. From what Mykage just said about her and Kagura I'd say that Kagura and Zessica are bound by the unrequited fate and even by Mykage schemes.

Now, that pic of Kagura in Amata's room makes me wonder if is Kagura on Vega or is Amata's room on Altair?

Everything points to the former, as already mentioned it would be a nice split of the cast. Basically we could have a race to who will gattai first, Kagura-Fudo-Mikono (I really can't see that happens) or Izumo-Alisia-Amata the family-gattai (more plausible, but anyway remote).

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2012-05-08, 09:53   Link #119
Forever
Revealing the truth

OMG this is the worst nightmare. My fav big bangs became the ultimate washboard. Oh the horror....

But seriously the men in altair really look quite ugly. Even if they turned back into women, I wonder will the remaining men be despo enough to do them...
Old 2012-05-08, 09:57   Link #120
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Maybe yes. Considering the fact they will become extinct. They may not be picky.
Closed Thread