AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2005-12-28, 23:22   Link #21
Cueil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soconfused
Wern't there only 7 launch titles available for the japanese launch? Maybe that's why it didn't sell...
This is most likely the real reason... Dead or Alive 4 was the big launch game, but it got pushed back till the end of the year
Cueil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-29, 02:08   Link #22
Taylor--
!

Saying that all the hype for the 360 is only coming from fanboys isn't very true, for example me and my friend both have one and didn't have the first Xbox, but love playing PDZ on it
Taylor-- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-29, 02:15   Link #23
Cueil

The very first purchaser of the 360 in Japan was a guy who didn't have the first Xbox... he was looking forward to Blue Dragon and LO as well as RE5
Cueil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-29, 09:42   Link #24
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
Some of the games are good and several are f'n awsome like Condemned.
Awesome in the gameplay or graphics department? Because most of what I hear isn't "fun!" but "it looks so awesome!".
Quote:
The online service has been around for 3 years and it's still working just fine.
For the original XBox, I wasn't aware that the service was compatible. Come to think of it, there was compatibility of some kind...
Quote:
The Xbox 360 is fun and has many fun games you my friend are obviously either a fanboy or your just stupid. Try not to post false statements again
An insult, and a threat. Seems like you're the fanboy here.
Benoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-30, 07:28   Link #25
Cinos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit
An insult, and a threat. Seems like you're the fanboy here.
OH!, the gloves are off folks *popcorn*
Cinos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-30, 19:24   Link #26
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinos
True, but...Japan is where it matters.
And im not getting and Xbox360 cuz im waiting when the real Next Generation starts...PS3&Revolution
America is where it matters, but Japan is a pretty big market. I know that Microsoft was hoping to get some good sales with the 360 in Japan, but I guess not.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-30, 19:35   Link #27
hamiko_san
September Jellyfish

10 things more, you never know.

Last edited by hamiko_san; 2007-12-25 at 16:40.
hamiko_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-30, 19:42   Link #28
Ending

Nice to see that others notice the same about Benoit and (...who was the other guy...) Mantidor. How 'bout some potent use of that magical 'ignore' list?

Anyway, by what I have seen in the shops, the new XBox doesn't seem to offer that much more. Sure, the graphics begin to look semi-realistic, but thus far I haven't seen a title worth buying. Most of them are that same old stuff recycled, like Ridge Racer 6 and Call of Duty 2.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-30, 20:02   Link #29
mxg
The Lone Gamer

Send a message via AIM to mxg Send a message via MSN to mxg Send a message via Yahoo to mxg
The 360 has notthing more to offer than hype, a lackluster amout of games and alotof ports from the current generation(notice I say current generation, the next generation starts with PS3). And I agree with Wirhe the games I saw in stores do not look any different than what is out now on the ps2,xbox and GC. I want someone who has a 360 and a normal crt type TV display to tell me how it really looks because I know I am not going to be able to afford a HDTV anytime soon.
mxg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-30, 20:20   Link #30
Taylor--
!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxg
The 360 has notthing more to offer than hype, a lackluster amout of games and alotof ports from the current generation(notice I say current generation, the next generation starts with PS3). And I agree with Wirhe the games I saw in stores do not look any different than what is out now on the ps2,xbox and GC. I want someone who has a 360 and a normal crt type TV display to tell me how it really looks because I know I am not going to be able to afford a HDTV anytime soon.
I have a standard TV and it still looks fine. I guess I'll be able to tell the difference once I play it on my friends HDTV. I think you just lose a bit of some of the graphical effects..
Old 2005-12-30, 21:06   Link #31
iluid

The 360 is going to stay a flop in Japan unless it can break its ‘PC styled games’ image. While the games may seem awesome to some, the Xbox (original and 360) line up is just crap to someone that enjoys playing Japanese styled games (meaning classic console styled games, not just otaku stuff). You’d have to pay me to get me to play another First Person Shooter or western RPG. Racing and sports games don’t rank much higher for me either. The only racing game I have any interest in is GT and that’s obviously Sony territory. The only available (or soon to be available) 360 game I’d even be willing to play is DOA4, though I’d much prefer Street Fighter or Guilty Gear in the fighting genre. Until there are actually some Japanese RPGs, quirky puzzle games, a few 2D fighters and maybe some platform/action/adventure games that aren’t based on Hollywood movies on the store shelves, there is nothing to attract fans of classic console games. To fans of western PC games the Xbox 360 may be the best thing since sliced bread, but to fans of traditional console styles, 360 has a long battle ahead of it to shake off the dismal library of the original Xbox. Microsoft does seem to know this and there are some promising things planned (like the Mistwalker games), but there’s no way I’m going to shell out the money for the system until the games are actually available (and apparently the Japanese aren’t either).

If you enjoy the more western type games, then that’s great, but personally my apathy towards the 360 has nothing to do with being a fanboy, it just truly doesn’t offer the types of games I’m interested in playing. If 360 can really expand its game library into the areas the original Xbox was unable to, I’ll gladly buy one. However, until the games are actually out and not just press releases, I have no desire to get a 360.
iluid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-31, 03:10   Link #32
mxg
The Lone Gamer

Send a message via AIM to mxg Send a message via MSN to mxg Send a message via Yahoo to mxg
http://www.msfn.org/comments.php?shownews=15631 <<< Things like this just make feel sorry for 360 owners becuase you may have to exchange you current 360 for this or install it yourself and since most people do not have the knowledge to do something like installing a cooling system I am sure this will put a dent in 360 sales.
Old 2005-12-31, 05:16   Link #33
Alpha123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit
At the moment, I don't see how all the hype surrounding the XBox 360 is qualified. The games that are out are said to be nice, but nothing great.
It's true that the Xbox 360 doesn’t have the great launch titles like the original Xbox but I don't think that sales of it will suffer just because of that (in the US at least). I was personally very disappointed in all the launch titles for the Xbox 360 (other than CoD2, PGR3, and DoA4), but I'm still going to get an 360 just because of the games that are going to come out on it later during its cycle. Such games as Halo 3 (of course ), Elderscrolls: Oblivion, Gears of War, and Too Human. Plus I can play MOST of my old Xbox games on the 360 system, so I can sell my old Xbox and get some extra cash for the games. I guess it can't be that bad, even though the hype surrounding it was way too much.
Alpha123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-31, 05:33   Link #34
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy
America is where it matters, but Japan is a pretty big market. I know that Microsoft was hoping to get some good sales with the 360 in Japan, but I guess not.
It matters everywhere !!.

I really hope Microsoft can manage to sell at least 500,000 units before the PS3 arrives; otherwise the Xbox 360 will be in quite a bit of trouble in Japan.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2005-12-31 at 05:53.
Daniel E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-31, 07:05   Link #35
eLcHaKeTeRo
Falls for it every time.

I got mine on the release date Nov. 22 @ midnite, but i had that thing reserved since march 05.........and then a week later I sold it.........not because i didnt like but because if the lack of quality games that are out there at this moment.... I was still playing Halo2 online ........i would like to say that Perfect Dark Zero SUCKED OUT LOUD!.......most dissapointing game of the year...I hate Madden now.....NFS:Most Wanted was decent.......PGR3 was not as good as i had hoped it would be, i cant wait for Forza Motorsport 2 on the 360.......Call of Duty was ok, but they cheat online i get enough of that on halo.....Im waiting for FF11, Oblivion, Forza.....and some other games that come out around march, which is when im getting it again
eLcHaKeTeRo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-31, 13:01   Link #36
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
I doubt you have played an XBOX game once in your life, nice one fanboy.
Nice assumption. I played Halo 2 on the XBox. You lose.
Quote:
but I'm still going to get an 360 just because of the games that are going to come out on it later during its cycle. Such games as Halo 3 (of course ), Elderscrolls: Oblivion, Gears of War, and Too Human.
Which are all PC-style games. I rest my case.
Benoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-31, 16:33   Link #37
mxg
The Lone Gamer

Update on the 360 cooling system. http://gaming.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=4227
I can see a hassle in carring all this shit over to a friends house. Can you ?
Old 2005-12-31, 16:43   Link #38
Takeru
Jag äter idioter
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Takeru
I feel that the 360's going to just be another DreamCast. Because I feel that they haven't reached the full potential of their current system, and that they are just rushing out the new system just so that it would make it for the holidays. I feel that Sony is going to blow the XB360 out of the water with the PS3, they have already given us a review of the (supposed) specs. And it's not due to release for another year or two.
Old 2005-12-31, 17:30   Link #39
Taylor--
!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxg
Update on the 360 cooling system. http://gaming.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=4227
But that isn't needed... if your 360 is overheating then its a defect. About the noise... I don't even hear it when Im playing a game with all the music.
Old 2005-12-31, 17:45   Link #40
SlugZilla
woofles

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxg
I can't believe something like that would ever be conceived much less produced. Maybe for a PC, but for a console? no.
I dread thinking how the 360 would perform in hot summer days.
SlugZilla is offline   Reply With Quote