AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2012-12-01, 12:53   Link #10101
xKeir
Upon a wishing Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
1) Fiore's a kingdom, not an empire. A few chapters of poor translation should not have you calling them an empire.

2) Yes they're random executioners. Sure they're the strongest executioners, but they're just random people no one's heard of, and you're expecting them to easily match the some of the most powerful members of the most powerful guilds in the kingdom. Natsu's demonstrated that he could easily level the stadium if he so chose and took what were thought to be the strongest members of the strongest guild 2v1. Did you really think axe guy was going to be on the same level as him? There's no real reason "works for the kingdom" should automatically mean "Is stronger than most of the strongest members of some of the strongest guilds in the kingdom".

3) Makarov was reluctant to launch an out an out attack on the kingdom because they live in said kingdom. As easy as it would be to crush the kingdom's forces, it would make them outlaws, and turn the world against them. Lots of unpleasant fall out.
Sorry for the late reply. Hadn't the time to spare.

1) I'm used to mangastream's translation so FORGIVE me about that. You're probably right since i recall the anime also calls it the fiore kingdom.

2) No one's heard of them because they were supposed to be the kingdom's special elite forces.. like how u would never know who are the agents of the British Secret Service BUT u do know they are capable men who serve Britain. okay, shitty example but u get the point. About that Saber Tooth thing, i alr mentioned, it was totally bs to me. I mean really, hailed as the strongest guild + dragon slayers able to go into DF at will = still no match for Natsu without DF alone is too much of a hax for me to take. To me its just Mashima saying: [_l_ u sabertooth now that FT's back you're going to shit]

And i reiterate again, they aren't random executioners just because no one heard of them. I think if the kingdom were sure anyone who faced the executioners were set for doom the executioners must be really looked upon in the ranks of the fiore army. I never said that "works for the kingdom" should automatically mean "Is stronger than most of the strongest members of some of the strongest guilds in the kingdom"., i'm merely saying no matter the opponent whoever Mashima wants to win he'll definitely hax pwn his way to victory.

3) i don't really think its so much of turning the world against them, seeing how Fairy Tail's very motto is LIVING WITH FREEDOM, i don't think they'd give 2 shits. Basically the Kingdom's army aren't any pushovers. in fact i forgot why this even needs questioning.

regardless... all i'm saying is we shouldn't take their power levels seriously anymore because it'd be redundant. i rly feel mashima likes to glorify characters just to allow FT to stomp them to make FT look epic, which i guess should happen since their the main good guys.. but u know, it kinda gets

*i'm sorry for the excessive crude language, can't really think straight today*
Old 2012-12-01, 20:17   Link #10102
Simonsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by xKeir View Post
Sorry for the late reply. Hadn't the time to spare.

1) I'm used to mangastream's translation so FORGIVE me about that. You're probably right since i recall the anime also calls it the fiore kingdom.

2) No one's heard of them because they were supposed to be the kingdom's special elite forces.. like how u would never know who are the agents of the British Secret Service BUT u do know they are capable men who serve Britain. okay, shitty example but u get the point. About that Saber Tooth thing, i alr mentioned, it was totally bs to me. I mean really, hailed as the strongest guild + dragon slayers able to go into DF at will = still no match for Natsu without DF alone is too much of a hax for me to take. To me its just Mashima saying: [_l_ u sabertooth now that FT's back you're going to shit]

And i reiterate again, they aren't random executioners just because no one heard of them. I think if the kingdom were sure anyone who faced the executioners were set for doom the executioners must be really looked upon in the ranks of the fiore army. I never said that "works for the kingdom" should automatically mean "Is stronger than most of the strongest members of some of the strongest guilds in the kingdom"., i'm merely saying no matter the opponent whoever Mashima wants to win he'll definitely hax pwn his way to victory.

3) i don't really think its so much of turning the world against them, seeing how Fairy Tail's very motto is LIVING WITH FREEDOM, i don't think they'd give 2 shits. Basically the Kingdom's army aren't any pushovers. in fact i forgot why this even needs questioning.

regardless... all i'm saying is we shouldn't take their power levels seriously anymore because it'd be redundant. i rly feel mashima likes to glorify characters just to allow FT to stomp them to make FT look epic, which i guess should happen since their the main good guys.. but u know, it kinda gets

*i'm sorry for the excessive crude language, can't really think straight today*
Shouldn't take power levels seriously.

Let me ask you one question.

Name me on character not affiliated with a guild who is even remotely strong? Besides Zeref and Acnologia
Simonsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-01, 20:30   Link #10103
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonsy View Post
Name me on character not affiliated with a guild who is even remotely strong? Besides Zeref and Acnologia
All the dragons, Mysto, probably others. Next question...
Old 2012-12-01, 20:38   Link #10104
Simonsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
All the dragons, Mysto, probably others. Next question...
Who's Mysto? you mean Jelall?

I'm talking humans, not dragons.

Oh an for these super tough hyped up guys that were taken down and only saw two chapters of total screen time. Can you tell me all five of their names?
Old 2012-12-01, 20:47   Link #10105
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Who's Mysto? you mean Jelall?

I'm talking humans, not dragons.

Oh an for these super tough hyped up guys that were taken down and only saw two chapters of total screen time. Can you tell me all five of their names?
Wait wait, I got this...hmm, Uosuke, Kamiko, Cosmos, and the backup dancers. I'm gooooood>v>.
Old 2012-12-01, 20:51   Link #10106
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Shouldn't take power levels seriously.

Let me ask you one question.

The Guild Master for Cat Sith.
Old 2012-12-01, 20:56   Link #10107
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
The Guild Master for Cat Sith.
Don't you mean Cait Shelter?
Old 2012-12-01, 21:16   Link #10108
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Huh? It's Cat Sith right? Is that some official translation for the tv series? Me don like.
Old 2012-12-01, 22:30   Link #10109
MAX_COLA_POWER!

http://fairytail.wikia.com/wiki/Cait_Shelter , I apologize for the linking, but it's officially Cait Shelter. Also Xellos, sorry man, but a Guild Master is the one mostly related with a Guild, since, you know, Master and all.
Old 2012-12-01, 22:48   Link #10110
ImperialFlameGod8190

and technically Cait Shelter aint even an official guild it was just a bunch of people so wendy would be comfy
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 00:54   Link #10111
Vmem

Just got back from the anime and am reminded of why we're having this extended FT hax in the manga...

man, that horrible loss from Lucy to Flare still needs to be atoned for... where's those Raven Tail members? shouldn't they also be jailed up in the palace?
Vmem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 01:40   Link #10112
MAX_COLA_POWER!

I bet I know why Flare wasn't jailed...tits.
Old 2012-12-02, 13:53   Link #10113
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
and technically Cait Shelter aint even an official guild it was just a bunch of people so wendy would be comfy
it is not even real people, with the exception of One, they were all illusions.
Old 2012-12-02, 14:28   Link #10114
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Yeah the leader of Cat Sith should definitely count.

What's the point of the original question anyway?
Old 2012-12-02, 16:44   Link #10115
Simonsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Yeah the leader of Cat Sith should definitely count.

What's the point of the original question anyway?
Someone was dissapointed that these assassins were beaten in one chapter.

He thought they were going to be super tough. No idea where the assumption came from. They were never mentioned before, they had a total of maybe 3 chapters from first showing up to defeat. We didnt' even get all their names.

I was pointing out that no one in the series is worth a damn strength wise unless they are affiliated with some magic guild, official or dark. Asked him to name me anyone who isn't part of some guild that is even remotely strong.

Not sure how Cait Shelters guild master qualifies. He was a guild. Sure he was his entire town, guild and everything, but still he was a guild.

The only person that I can think of this entire series that isn't part of anything has been Jelall. But that is even stretching it, cause he had infiltrated the magic council and even now he is sort of in his own guild. Simlar to a dark guild.

The fiore kingdom is pathetic. The only time we have seen anyone even remotely decent in their military has been in anime fillers.
Old 2012-12-02, 17:39   Link #10116
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Yeah, I highly recommend FT moving out of Fiore since clearly they don't appreciate them. The council constantly tries to find something to use against them to disband them, the kingdom wants to use one of their own for their anti-Zeref plan, hell, I'd probably move after the first time they'd mess with me.
Old 2012-12-02, 18:38   Link #10117
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
Yeah, I highly recommend FT moving out of Fiore since clearly they don't appreciate them. The council constantly tries to find something to use against them to disband them, the kingdom wants to use one of their own for their anti-Zeref plan, hell, I'd probably move after the first time they'd mess with me.
I would like this idea, new continent, new people, new adventures and rivals.
Old 2012-12-02, 18:43   Link #10118
Makender
Varsity Slacker

If you'll allow me to delve into anime filler then Byro and perhaps Gattman would be considered as strong individuals not affiliated with a guild. I mean Byro was supposed to have one of the top 5 offensive magics in the kingdom and may have beaten Gildarts if he wasn't handed a case of the idiot ball and forgot he could do more than punch.

I also would really like it if Mashima explored some of Fiore's neighboring kingdoms. Get a taste of how Fiore wizards compare with the rest of the world.

Makender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 22:34   Link #10119
Simonsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makender View Post
If you'll allow me to delve into anime filler then Byro and perhaps Gattman would be considered as strong individuals not affiliated with a guild. I mean Byro was supposed to have one of the top 5 offensive magics in the kingdom and may have beaten Gildarts if he wasn't handed a case of the idiot ball and forgot he could do more than punch.

I also would really like it if Mashima explored some of Fiore's neighboring kingdoms. Get a taste of how Fiore wizards compare with the rest of the world.
I already mentioned only filler has them strong at all.

But heck, those filler guys were before Fairy Tail's big jump in strength though too, so they are probably weak again by comparison. Byro should still be relatively strong since I don't know how the cast compares to Gildartz as he did during that time.
Old 2012-12-02, 23:37   Link #10120
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
I think Hiro Mashima once said that Fairy Tail would only ever take place in Fiore, with Edolas being an exception.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen