Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-07-29, 06:08   Link #1761
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossguy View Post
Yeah, Reincarnation has that effect, you have been "all" grownup and now you're a kid again.
As a student of religions, this whole area is a minefield for the casual reader. You
can always get pretty messed up about what YOUR faith says about reincarnation played against what the author intends. The whole area gets confused without explanations.
There is gonna HAVE to be some backstory now! Obaa, Where is you now?
When reading fiction it's always best to leave your own religious belief's in the next room. I'm an atheist, most real world religious concepts are far fetched to me, but I never put any thought into religion in fiction (be they the same religions as the ones in real life or made up ones). It makes it easier to read and understand character's thoughts and actions when driven by their religious beliefs because you have an outside and unbiased look on things.
It's sad but I've actually knew someone that was extremely religious, to a point that when he read a book and another religion than his was central to the theme of the story he was never capable of enjoying it (and often dropped it) because he kept judging the characters actions with his how beliefs.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 07:37   Link #1762
Direwolf18

From 101:

Spoiler for Discussion of current chapter (101):
Direwolf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 08:51   Link #1763
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I still don't know if I like Rinne being the reincarnated whatever of the dragon god. Either way, it was a funny chapter.
Old 2012-07-29, 13:27   Link #1764
crossguy
Confused. As usual.

What beats up most readers of fiction is a failure to buy into the author's point of view/reference. If you can't let go of your world view to see the author's, Then " Suspension of Disbelief " never kicks in. You just can't buy into the storyline.
This story treads in some areas that Shintoism allows. They ain't preachin', it's just part of the story.
Spoiler for Chap 101 Spoiler:

All that heavy stuff aside, I still laughed at how transparent (pun intended) both sides were. And Rinne is still the most "grown up".

Last edited by crossguy; 2012-07-29 at 16:44. Reason: had some time to think-
crossguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-30, 10:53   Link #1765
Starshipw
Free Opinions Available

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossguy View Post
Spoiler for Chap 101 Spoiler:
Tain't gonna happen! Nagi is not the type of person to calmly stand by while any of the girls is sacrificed unless the islanders first trussed him up like a turkey and hung him by his gonads. Second, Rinne is not a shrine maiden and so not a potential object of sacrifice.

Now if I may argue the opposite side of the question since I fervently believe both to be true without contradiction. Sacrifice will be a part of the story because it is too tied into the mythos of the culture and the backstory of the maidens. Then the climax will depend whether Nagi is a strong enough Dragon God to overcome either the disaster itself or the islanders' traditional reaction to it.

If he is not, that leaves four possible outcomes: Death of Shizuku, loss of all three maidens leaving Rinne as the Cape Maiden, loss of all three maidens plus Nagi, loss of all three maidens and Nagi runs away back to Tokyo with Rinne. I vote Dragon God conquers all and leads the island to prosperity with the help of his four wives.
Starshipw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-30, 14:16   Link #1766
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starshipw View Post
If he is not, that leaves four possible outcomes: Death of Shizuku, loss of all three maidens leaving Rinne as the Cape Maiden, loss of all three maidens plus Nagi, loss of all three maidens and Nagi runs away back to Tokyo with Rinne. I vote Dragon God conquers all and leads the island to prosperity with the help of his four wives.
7 wives! Mike will return, Sensei will want to join in the fun and that annoying chick will follow Soyogi...I demand a 7 girl harem ending!
Old 2012-07-30, 15:28   Link #1767
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Is there a doujin with a 5-way sex btw Nagi and the girls?

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-30, 21:38   Link #1768
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Well, the author of UnM did you H back in the day, so maybe you can convince him to do that frubam?
Old 2012-07-30, 23:08   Link #1769
crossguy
Confused. As usual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starshipw View Post

Sacrifice will be a part of the story because it is too tied into the mythos of the culture and the backstory of the maidens. Then the climax will depend whether Nagi is a strong enough Dragon God to overcome either the disaster itself or the islanders' traditional reaction to it.
I won't disagree about sacrifice(check my prev. posts). But The author is so good at the sharp turn and leading us in this tale that you'll never see it coming. I know I prolly won't!

BTW, you seem to have put a lot of thought into possible outcomes, but if Nagi won't stand by for Rinnes sacrifice, he won't stand by for anyone else's. And I doubt he would want to go back to Tokyo... But 4 wives(7!?!) he would HAVE to be a god.
Old 2012-07-31, 00:20   Link #1770
MAX_COLA_POWER!

I agree with you cross. Sacrifice is a topic that will come to this manga, but Nagi will take a stand against it. He IS the main idol the islanders worship besides the maiden, what are they gonna do, say no and risk a shenlong beatdown on their asses?
Old 2012-07-31, 09:30   Link #1771
Starshipw
Free Opinions Available

Absolutely, that is what is so great about this manga. It is so bright and carefree with an admirable MC living any high school boy's wish-fulfillment without any concerns other than the well-being of his maidens. (He has never yet been punched through a wall or over the top of a building for seeing panties.) And yet the reader who is paying attention can see this dark shadow looming in the background which no one on the island would think to oppose (except maybe sensei). The only weapon Nagi has to set things right is his will and the maidens love for him.
Old 2012-07-31, 14:08   Link #1772
XFire
150% done

Supposing that this manga does do a sharp turn, it's possible that it won't be from the girls (sacrifice, banishment, etc) but from Nagi. His dad is supposed to show up in a year, so we either get that, or Nagi get's a phone call saying his dad was hurt, and he has to go back to Tokyo.
Old 2012-07-31, 14:13   Link #1773
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Supposing that this manga does do a sharp turn, it's possible that it won't be from the girls (sacrifice, banishment, etc) but from Nagi. His dad is supposed to show up in a year, so we either get that, or Nagi get's a phone call saying his dad was hurt, and he has to go back to Tokyo.
If this should happen, he will come back.
(then we'll probably see the maidens go chase after him)

He accepted the fact he is the dragon god.
Also Nagi isnt the type to sleep with 3 girls and leave them on the curb.
aigomorla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-31, 14:27   Link #1774
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by aigomorla View Post

Technically he only actually slept with 1...just saying.
Old 2012-08-01, 00:44   Link #1775
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by aigomorla View Post

I know he'll go back, but the fact that he left at all will send the girls into varying degrees of panic and depression.

Here's the way I envisioned the scenario:

1) Some sort of opening chapter involving all of the girls (I'm assuming he has slept with all of them now, btw) ending with an unknown phone call

2) Next day Nagi is gone. Girls search the island, first easily then with increasing urgency. Eventually someone finds a note, explaining why he left.

3) Nagi is at the hospital, talking to his comatose father. Cut to the girls preparing to follow him, Obaa tries to stop them, they refuse and leave anyway

4) Girls find Nagi, much apologizing and making up, father wakes up, much explaining and flustering

5) Nagi goes back to the island, states his intention to stay for good

6) Harem end
Old 2012-08-01, 01:38   Link #1776
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
I know he'll go back, but the fact that he left at all will send the girls into varying degrees of panic and depression.

Here's the way I envisioned the scenario:

1) Some sort of opening chapter involving all of the girls (I'm assuming he has slept with all of them now, btw) ending with an unknown phone call

2) Next day Nagi is gone. Girls search the island, first easily then with increasing urgency. Eventually someone finds a note, explaining why he left.

3) Nagi is at the hospital, talking to his comatose father. Cut to the girls preparing to follow him, Obaa tries to stop them, they refuse and leave anyway

4) Girls find Nagi, much apologizing and making up, father wakes up, much explaining and flustering

5) Nagi goes back to the island, states his intention to stay for good

6) Harem end
If you had the author's current drawing skills, and you wrote this here, I would buy your series in a heartbeat.
Old 2012-08-01, 10:56   Link #1777
Starshipw
Free Opinions Available

I think why we like to make up our own endings is not just that it is hard to wait two weeks to see what is going to happen next to your favorite friends, But that we have all seen manga cursed with Bad Endings. Sometimes they just drag on with pointless drama and others get cancelled and must rush to come to some conclusion, senseless though it may be. So in honor of bad endings everywhere, here are two. (Go on, you know you want to read them.)

Spoiler for Bad Endings:
Old 2012-08-01, 11:17   Link #1778
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Starshipw...don't tempt me! I have a (bad) habit of making up really dark endings when bored that sometime earn me some pretty bad rep >.>
Old 2012-08-01, 22:23   Link #1779
crossguy
Confused. As usual.

Starshipw OW OW OW! Hurts to laugh that hard.
Spoiler for Personal Spoiler(real life):

Life is full of joy,yes?
Old 2012-08-01, 22:28   Link #1780
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

................... I think you guys are having too much fun imagining these things.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ecchi, harem, romance, rural, seinen