AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-18, 01:49   Link #19941
LimitedEternal
Nuclear Fusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu no Sora View Post

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boke is the idiot of the duo! The Tsukkomi (Hayate ) is the straight man/woman. They're usually equipped with a Harisen
Fuck.

I was in such a hurry to rant and rave, I mixed them up again. Woe is me.

Oh well.

As for the gondola, the series is named Aria, but you'd have to ask Saint X more about it. All I got's a name.

@Saint X: What's this WIP you've got going?
Old 2008-02-18, 02:18   Link #19942
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
I'm certainly getting intrigued by this... What's the premise of the story in the first place? I wanna know.
Basically, it is an attempt to incorporate the Fate Stay Night story into the Nanohaverse, but made such that it develops Sophia's character, and has ramifications for the future of Belka.

The Pilgrim Duels is an old, recently revived but illegal tournament held to commemorate the greatest hero of the time. In the old days, the Duels were held by the Belka Clergy who kept watch over the Tome of Devotion which did the recording of the Hero's Linker Core and thus strengthened itself. The Hero himself had one of his wishes granted, and as always that wish would bring great prosperity to the land, as only the purest of hearts could win the Duels.

During the chaos of the Belka Implosion, the Convent rescued the only Tome of power they could find and hid it deep within the Sankt Alexei Vault, along with all the Ancient Belka devices, technologies, scriptures they could find.

Years ago, a group calling themselves the Opel Magi managed to steal the Tome of Devotion during the sacking of Renault years ago, the fire that killed every person that Kha knew, and turned him into the Cleric. However, that book was surprisingly incomplete, lacking over 330+ pages. In order to complete the book, they revived the Pilgrim Duels, but without proper supervision the games went out of hand, and the first games ended up in the almost complete destruction of an Outer World.

Kha had the missing pages, craved out when he came into contact with the Tome. After hearing of the games 1 year before meeting Hayate, Kha vowed to stop the thieves when they resurfaced again.

However, Sophia, both weighed down by her father's wish to revive the Games and participate as well as her heart broken by Kha choosing Fate over her, has other plans...

Thus begins the events of Nanoha/Cente Gravia.

Quote:
And btw: I'm gonna need to have someone point me out to the most important and "OC-common-knowledge" things that I've missed while on my long break
Not much that you havne't known or need to know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimitedEternal View Post
Ah, is that where Sophia's inspiration came from?

*doesn't remember Sophia*
You have about 1 week to live until Anita comes back...

Quote:
Oh, but Kha's so good at breaking things!

*thinks about possible implications of that statement*

*runs like hell*
Sou sou...

*RUNS*

Quote:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boke is the idiot of the duo! The Tsukkomi (Hayate ) is the straight man/woman. They're usually equipped with a Harisen
Got it.

Quote:
That's Outer Cadia just being Outer Cadia
What's with all that emphasis though?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liingo View Post
He's trying to take down Dekkai-chan and Aika!! TO ARMS!!!!:frust rated:
Thanks for the offer of vetting, but IT'S DEKKAI-CHAN HUNTING SEASON!

*runs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
Okay, bad jokes aside, the idea is just for lulz and crack.

Spoiler for Something like this:

And what's this?

Spoiler for Omake!:

Okay what the hell did I just write?

*RUNS*
...truth?

To think I was writing the section where we compare how similar Kha and Erio are, and another seems to be getting themselves in misunderstandable situations.

*BACK-FLIPS*

Quote:
Servants?

Must..resist temptation..to use one of them..
Use? In what way?

*SKIDS*

Quote:
I remember an actual fanfic on FF.net with the Signum-crack.
It was what made me find this.

Quote:

Could anyone kindly explain what this is? It appeared on FF and I was wondering what it was all about...
Nanoha deciding to fly a Gundam for a change. :3

~~~New Intelligence Data Updated~~~

It's HERE! The big Vita & Signum patch you've been waiting for!

Vita
- Is now canonized as Servant Berserker.
- Graf Eisen's Simon-ism has been dropped.

Signum
- More crack regarding her life story has been added.
- Is now canonized as Servant Archer.
- Note the new sword flash attack! Dynamic Kill animation added!
- Several new Sturmfalke attacks added, of which one is just RIDDLED with crack. Can you take it?!

Go ahead, click on the above to take a look! Comments? Criticisms?
Old 2008-02-18, 02:24   Link #19943
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quote:

Could anyone kindly explain what this is? It appeared on FF and I was wondering what it was all about...
Ah... Fuyu has forgotten the ways of the OC...

oh such a cruel fate...

- One of the new, much peaceful and novel ways to break Backlog

- Since ghadz wanted to arrest the OC for disturbing the peace, might as well do a bit of "intervention" the only thing i can think of was Virtue-tan erasing something...

Yup... the OC is scary...

Whether we come back again or not, it depends on you... </Setsuna>

Quote:
Quote:
I know that manga..... I don't remember right now what the name is but I'm sure I recognize the gondola-thingy and the city of Neo-Venezia...
Quote:
As for the gondola, the series is named Aria, but you'd have to ask Saint X more about it. All I got's a name.
Aqua and Aria by Amano Kozue...

I have Aqua Vol 1 & 2 (translated-complete) and Aria Vols 1-5 (translated), 6-8 and 10 (RAW)... if anyone has Vol 9 please point it to me!!!

Also has an anime adaptation currently running into its third series...

Quote:
@Saint X: What's this WIP you've got going?
Tentative Title: Escape from Ground Central

Featuring my Newest Flagship OC Bridget!

Bridget Total OC Construction Progress: 70%

- Adding GGX based attacks/shielding (string guard)

lolx i watched someone do Bridget in Timezone and in record time lol
Old 2008-02-18, 02:32   Link #19944
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
While I'm waiting for confirmation on possible feasability on the question posted last. Read up on everyone's Power Armor concerns.

First thing. I'm keeping the powered armor. It was designed by a robot fanatic (Cooper) after all.

BUT, I'm going to seriously attack and retcon right here, right now, and try and get it out of the way for good. So let the NERFing begin. *Gets out NERF Longshot.*

Spoiler for Breakdown:

Okay, Nitpick away.

*Raises Riot Shield*
Old 2008-02-18, 02:45   Link #19945
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Not in the mood for too much crack, and there's enough in Signum herself already anyway. Just left with stuffing more crack into her lifestory. :3

LIGHTNING-02
Rebuilt of Signum

Spoiler for space:
Spoiler for space:
Not much crack here... Except maybe when I get the Rebuilt Signum's Vaisaga KA picture ready.

The slight Caronum crack was just an inneudo; don't worry.

Shall I post the possible theories of Signum's past, as discussed by OCs and CCs too?

*runs*
You did include the Signum=Archer theory chart, which is good IMO.

And as always, Lamia Signum Loveless is made of .

I think I may do a remake of one of my OCs as well after this.
Old 2008-02-18, 03:00   Link #19946
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
*corners Tormenk at gunpoint*

Details. NAO... ()
*clicks*

Likewise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshouryuu View Post
Holy!! That was an very interesting read. Except I don't understand how the part about the distortion ends up in the planet core.
There's 2 ways about that, really. The idea behind it was that Mid-childa and Alhazred actually share moons of the same kind, and the coordinate point between the two moons on very precise moments actualizes a gateway to Alhazred.

So, the 2nd Terra System given to them is used to somehow distort the energy point of the coordinates and somehow put it in the very center of a planet. That, or the Terra System is used to actually 'teleport' Mid-childa several hundred-thousand kilometers off its actual plane into the center of that place.

If possible, I would also like to use something of that sort for an excuse to WHY exactly the moon-positioning of Mid-childa is weird and doesn't cause some sort of crash... because the coordinative patterns was forcibly disalligned and sustained through System Terra.

I don't even understand half of what I'm saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Not a direct connective, just merely noticing that the two are alike. Both are swordfighters, both follow a code of honor, both have a very formal form of speech, both look alike...

The main difference between the two is that Touka has a 'super-dere' switch.
Signum: Mistress Hayate, tonight, I will become a woman!!

Quote:
While I like the general thought, I see two problems. The first being that Alhazarhed is said to have destroyed itself, while this can be worked around as 'a fabricated lie' the second problem can't, which is that -if I read this correctly- the time difference between this and the founding of the TAB is relatively short, while Al Hazarhed has been destroyed way back in the past, pre-Ancient Belka even.
Yes, it was a fabricated lie. Should've been obvious.

As for the 2nd part, I mentioned the "earliest" precursor to TSAB, which... within my context is no less than 700 to 1000 years before canon time.

I'd like to think of it of a time when only less than 5 worlds had achieved 'the BARE' minimum of technology and magic to traverse dimensions and even then, it'd takes a LONG time to establish contact and travel the dimensional seas, unlike any of the teleport/2 hours ship ride thing in current timeline. >_<

Quote:
Had a quick look thru both Lowe and Nighty's work. I spotted "Xenocide" and then "copypasta", which means I better take a closer look tmr. Batteries are screaming, and I've got no adaptor.
Hey, I'm an Ender's Game fan after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
I think it's time to evoke the word most used to describe your works, and evoke it most rightly here:

EPIC

Such poetic detail on everything that Alhazred was, including the folly made from their infinite kindness, and some of it through the eyes of...

Wait a minute, the name of that traveller wouldn't be KINO would it?

MOAR PLEASE
My style of references.

Anyway, it's still rough. Aside from the "former king", Rel Del Cielo, the Prophet, original Jail, and a few others, the cast is not properly complete either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post

You put powered armor protection on somebody and suddenly everyone's like 'MECHA! NOOOOOS!"

Power Armor, not Mecha.
Take a human body, add an external framework suit for enhanced physical strength/ability. Seal framework for environmental stability. Add metal armor plating for protection, add computer enhanced components to improve the ease of use and performance... BAM! Powered Armor.
Think Samus Aran and Metroid rather than GUNDAM.

At least I'm not over here calling in Super Robots.
Quote:
Two names for the same thing. 'Power Armor' 'Mecha Armor' I wasn't even thinking Gundam (trust me, I'd have been a looot more vocal then).
Quote:
Hmm, how about the canonical fact that such armors do not exist in the Nanohaverse? If such armor is better, then surely everyone -or at the very least he Ground Forces- would be wearing it, no? Obviously this is not the case.

Then there is the simple fact that this is a magical girl show, I would rather avoid this going too sci-fi. I can work with weapons that look like ordinary guns, cyborgs and spaceships, but I draw the line at power armor.
As far as power armors are concerned, I think it's along the lines of developmental issues. It's not a matter of canon and non-canon, it's just that it went into 'official' development limbo once magi-tech is advented dimension-wide. Upon that notion, everyone and their mothers invested in Devices and all that, and after several decades, whatever was left of Power Armors was probably too weak compared to appliances of Devices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
While I'm not sure about the feasibility of Powered Armour (for example, what is it powered by?), general regular armour of the metal plates variety may well have existed in the Nanoha-verse, the same as ours. We do know that they have physical shields.

As for why nobody uses it, probably for around the same sort of reasons nobody wears plate armour these days, as well as the anime tendency for Less Is More clothes-as-armour. I mean, I'm looking at Schach's Barrier Jacket and I'm wondering how practical it would be, much less Nanoha's Barrier Jacket. I mean, Subaru's Barrier Jacket exposes her belly, which would otherwise be a big SHOOT HERE sign.
The feasibility of Power Armors so long as it's magi-tech involved seems to cover at most, the grounds of extra-power. Does having more screws and A.I storage and magi-chips allow superior control and performance while still being cost-effective?

It's clear canonically that specialized Intelligent are far more effective than regular ones. Yet at the same time, it's not fully implemented. There's a lot of what's going on, why, cost issues, but as far as it looks, I highly doubt Power Armors (( which WILL COST a lot more than I.Ds, if we take things into account )) can be a cost-effective inclusion.

Personally, as far as Nanohaverse is concerned, Power Armors seems most feasible as... a. weapons by crazy scientist improving of tech no longer improved/developed or b. a lesser bunch of TSAB or techno-corporate scientist experimenting on a prototype for power-armors.

Quote:
Well....pretty much everyone called her "Knight Carim" in StrikerS
Yup, Knight Carim is essentially how she's called formally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Plus you die faster while running in an EOD suit, which is essentially what modern plate armor is.

To be honest, now that I remember, there is powered armor in the Nanoverse, or at least Fanon. The powered armor units used by the Erusian Military and Erusian Resistance during the War of Subjugation. And let's not forget the costs of such things as well - I doubt these units will see mass-production, since the costs are going to be huge. And even if the exoframe works and runs around, putting on the armor increases bulk, making you a bigger target, plus there's no real evidence that armor really helps against magical shots - there's inference that Barrier Jackets provide some protection, and that's a whole other shitstorm I won't get into at 4 am, plus bulking up is not a good idea in CQB; I remember reading that Delta Force, when doing an airliner takedown, doesn't use body armor because the idea is to strike fast and deadly.

*snip*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagerou View Post
I'm actually going to jump in the fray with this one, simply because it seems worthwhile. I'm going to use my G3C Ghost Armor as a foil to ATCs armor, simply because they seem to be complete opposites in function and serve as decent foils to each other.

From what I can gather, ATC's armor (the name escapes me; I'm going to call it Metal Gear for now) is designed to be a heavy-assault and augment armor, essentially turning the user of it into a mobile walking weapons platform . Metal Gear's equipment is designed to be able to pump the unit from a mere C rank to a AAA/S rank with the use of cartridges, along with giving them all sorts of nifty gadgets. In theory, this sounds like a good idea; turning a grunt into a AAA rank? Yes plz. In practice? Totally different.

Let's look at cost, for starters. These things would have to be damn expensive, on par with a Main Battle Tank in the modern time if not more. Like Goose mentioned, it'd be a 30 to 300 syndrome. You could build one Metal Gear armor, or you could build 10 (using an example) Infantry Fighting Vehicles (not that the TSAB has those, I think). Cost does not outweigh utility. I'm sure if they could afford to mass-produce it, they would build legions of Metal Gear suits. But they can't. Maintenance costs alone would be scary.

Now let's observe what it does to the user. You're proposing that you take a C rank mage and turn them into an A rank at the least. Coupled with the Cartridge system, which is proven to strain the user's body, you're bumping them up to an S rank. If Nanoha, an S rank, is worn by using such a huge number of cartridges, I would think a C rank would die from them. I see these things being used in limited, very short, engagements; I would put an hour of operational time at the most. That's to prevent damage to one's Linker Core (well, permanent damage). But some engagements can last even longer, taking days.

Finally, let's just assume that a unit of Metal Gear-equipped ground forces goes haywire or rebels. Now you have a platoon of enhanced super-soldiers running around killing people willy-nilly. And you definitely don't want that.

I'm going to use my Ghost Armor now as a foil.

The Ghost Armor is designed to be a supplemental utility to the mage. To expound, it focuses on stealth while providing the mage with a defense thicker than your standard Barrier Jacket. This is because of the second Device that the Armor emits out of, the Charge Device, which processes and stores the armor. Running semi-dependently on the mage's Linker Core, the armor provides minimal wear and tear on their Core, allowing for extended engagements. The Storage Device that usually comes with it is a rifle-shaped Storage Device that allows for most standard TSAB attacks. Furthermore, the cloaking system, while the heat output it high, provides near-total invisibility, greatly increasing utility of mages when they're tracking their targets.

But like with Metal Gear, there are heavy drawbacks to why you will never see massive production of these things. First off, like Metal Gear, the cost is almost prohibitive. While not as expensive as Metal Gear, dedicated cloaking technology is still in its infancy, and thus costly to maintain. The armor itself, with all the bells and whistles it comes with, is also expensive. Totaling up the costs of everything, I'm going to estimate that it costs about 1/3 of that of Metal Gear. A 3 for 10 ratio, if you will. For one suit of Ghost Armor, you could build 3 IFVs. Not as bad a tradeoff as Metal Gear, but prohibitive enough that there are very few of these in production, and which is why I expressed that only some Enforcers and the OFM use it.

On the user, the wear isn't nearly as bad as Metal Gear. However, the drawback with Ghost Armor is the cloaking tech. The technology is extremely sensitive to user magic, and whilst cloaked a mage is unable to cast any spells, not even flight. This means that you're not going to be sniping a target from 3000 meters while cloaked. You're not binding someone while cloaked, and you're sure as hell not going to be casting anything defensive while cloaked. Though invisible, you're also totally vulnerable. Most people wouldn't like this, though others can see its function and adapt.

Finally, just for kicks, let's pit Emili against Crash. Ghost Armor versus Metal Gear. Emili is AA rank, and Crash is... well, I forgot, sorry. The point is that Metal Gear augments his rank.

If they start at range, then both would have a good fight. Emili is a combat specialist, and she enjoys ranged attacks. It would come down to Emili evading Crash's attacks, since Emili's Ghost Armor can't stand up to the power of Metal Gear's attacks, and Crash just standing there and taking it, because IIRC Metal Gear is really tough.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2008-02-18, 03:11   Link #19947
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Time for T3H HERO of Rebuilt!

LIGHTNING-03
Rebuilt of Erio

Hmm... Wrong age?
Spoiler for Erio, Knight Rider:
Thank your Meister, Erio, for I made you Grand.

Not a lot of crack as well, but can you spot the VA refs in the post?

And can you think of any more things that Kha and Erio are alike?

Last edited by Kha; 2008-02-18 at 03:25.
Old 2008-02-18, 03:41   Link #19948
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
Lowe, do you think our Belkarangers watch Ultraman as well?
They do, but they don't get as much crack from it as they do from Super Sentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500

Spoiler for overview:

Note: just started the epilogue.
Aaaah so we get to see how they "reforge" their status as Master/Servant in very intima-

*radio static*

Quote:

Whoo.... I even like her weapon range better than Asagi's! And by the way, it's Ran, not Jan...

Melikes a lot! Her style, weapons, physical capabilities are indeed a force to be reckoned with. Though her sheer physical skill is really starting to approach frightening levels... Who's up for a Sai-Blade?
Woops

And I actually thought of using the Sai-Blade... I mean a giant HAND with Finger Launchers and GN Sword-style blade?

BEST MULTIWEAPON EVER

And not to mention GekiChopper's

CHESTOAH!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R
Almaria: <blushes brightly and waves arms ala-Nagisa> No, no! Lowe-san's characters are very interesting! And they're very dynamic compared to me...

Me: What's with that talk? I consider you a better profile-maker than me. But still, <pats Almaria's head again> Almaria got some really great reviews. Far better than I ever expected.

Almaria: Mou~! You're embarrassing me, Creator-san!
Uhm thanks Though I still think we really need more Almaria

And I know just the non-crack method of "bringing her back" >.>

Quote:
Aurion: Nice going, Creator-san...

Me: Aww, c'mon! Give the girls some love. BTW, crack about an Aurion vs. Belkarangers (ala Dekamaster vs. Dekarangers {Dekaranger episode 14}) training match is starting to build up!

Aurion:
Asagi: Training under Chief?!?! ONEGAISHIMASU!!!
Mayura: We'd be truly honored if you did!
Julie: We... we will

Quote:
I once read a fan-manga that shows how Doggie does it... Let's see...

Found it!
Spoiler for How Doggie fits his nose in his mask.:

He looks like a cat there

Swan's reaction though is PRICELESS

Quote:
I'm not using drugs. I DON'T NEED drugs to accomplish those.
Yes, only massive amounts of crack

*runs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
Yes...

It's official~

I'm switching my flagship OC to Bridget!

Thread:

And here's a small WIP that will detail some things about shim...

Spoiler for WIP: Escape from Ground Central:

24 other recruits to lead to safety... in 30 floors, 3000 rooms filled with gadgets, and at least 1 Number inside... (number may increase if Kha decides to add more...)

And outside, mayhem...

And you're the only non-Mid or Velkan in the entire planet (with a slight chance of beating gadgets) as of that moment!

What will you do Bridget?

On another note, the Sky Girls are now here!

*rows faster*

====

@ Liingo: Shall i send the same content again?
And the introduction of the girls very much appreciated

APPROVED!!!!!!!

Got the colored version?

*RUNS*

Quote:
Aright, if you could just hold still for a minute...

*opens fire*

Dammit. They keep ducking. I need to come back with bunker busters!
Hey!!! Don't You Dare Open Fire On These Fair Maidens!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimitedEternal
*sigh* I thought we had moved past all this trap nonsense...at least I know who's who.

That's what makes this place so fun...you never know what to expect. One day it's traps, the next its tsun, next it's crack, and-

Waitaminnit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimitedEternal
Is it a Nice Boat???

*spins minigun*
Yes, with even nicer gondoliers

*runs from gatling gun fire*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limited Eternal
Damn, Lowe...drawing much fire there?
You bet I am

*runs faster*

Quote:
That's Outer Cadia just being Outer Cadia
Very true

Quote:

Okay, bad jokes aside, the idea is just for lulz and crack.

Spoiler for Something like this:

And what's this?

Spoiler for Omake!:

Okay what the hell did I just write?

*RUNS*
What did you just write? I'll tell you what you just wrote...

MUCH WIN AND AWESOME

Too bad the latter was just a dream... or was it?

MORE ERIO/SIGNUM PLEASE

*RUNS*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
Beginning Armed Intervention...

[Virtue, Eliminating Targets]

Ahh... the sight of such sparkly GN particles...

Bliss

Hohe~

Spraying GN particles is not allowed!!!

Dekkai beamu desu~

Alicia: Ara ara

Quote:
Thanks for the offer of vetting, but IT'S DEKKAI-CHAN HUNTING SEASON!

*runs*

You dare say such things about my her precious ALICE CARROLL?!?!?!?!?!

Spoiler for You're not worthy of being a Cleric-Knight:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Signum: Mistress Hayate, tonight, I will become a woman!!

BEST

LINE

EVAR

*runs*

Quote:
My style of references.
So it IS KINO!!!!!!

Spoiler for ALL HAIL THE QUEEN:

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2008-02-18, 03:41   Link #19949
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Regarding the barrier jacket vs power armor again.

It can also be explained a la Dune. In Duneverse, the introduction of personal force field-based shields made not only projectiles obsolete and laser too dangerous for everyone, but also eliminated the need for personal armor (while on Arrakis, wearing a shield is too dangerous because of the worms, wearing something like a power armor is ridiculous and stupid because of the nature of Arrakis itself).

Maybe in Midchildia, the ability to cast magical shields did the same. And if one was too worried over his/her personal protection, there are barrier jackets that does its job way better than a full plate, without crippling someone's mobility. (and living up to the sci-fi/fantasy trope that less plates = better armor class!)

Last edited by Sheba; 2008-02-18 at 03:56.
Old 2008-02-18, 03:51   Link #19950
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Quote:

LIGHTNING-03
Rebuilt of Erio

Spoiler for space:
Spoiler for space:
I knew that picture would end up somewhere sometimes.

Well, I don't know what else I should say, apart from the fact that-

So I guess Kha & Erio have LOTS in common now, eh?

================

Quote:
They do, but they don't get as much crack from it as they do from Super Sentai

Oh, well, at least Ibis Chelsea loves Ultraman Ace.

In before--

*radio static*

Quote:
Aaaah so we get to see how they "reforge" their status as Master/Servant in very intima-

*radio static*
In the storm of passion, that is-

*radio static*

Quote:
APPROVED!!!!!!!

Got the colored version?

*RUNS*
Unfortunately, no.

Quote:
MORE ERIO/SIGNUM PLEASE

*RUNS*
Quoted for "WANT"

*runs*

Quote:
So it IS KINO!!!!!!

Spoiler for ALL HAIL THE QUEEN:

Wow, only two pages more?
Old 2008-02-18, 03:54   Link #19951
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

LIGHTNING-03
Rebuilt of Erio

Hmm... Wrong age?

I smell more Warcraft refs, especially Chain Lightning and Lightning Shield, oh how I love those

But the image of Erio using Bankai is

And in before Three Times Faster

*runs*

Quote:

Oh, well, at least Ibis Chelsea loves Ultraman Ace.

In before--

*radio static*
Eagle one, say again you're breaking up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by USb500
In the storm of passion, that is-

*radio static*
*taps radio*

Eagle one this is Eagle two say again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500

Wow, only two pages more?
We can break 20K by tomorrow at this rate

@Sheba: caramelldansen?

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2008-02-18, 03:57   Link #19952
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Quote:
I smell more Warcraft refs, especially Chain Lightning and Lightning Shield, oh how I love those

But the image of Erio using Bankai is

And in before Three Times Faster

*runs*
Erio's Sonic Move is upgraded THREE FOLDS, you say?

Ladies, watch out.

So all those references are from Warcraft? No wonder why I didn't get most of them.
Old 2008-02-18, 04:02   Link #19953
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Where did the dansen craze come from?! I'm reporting a epidemic rise in dislocated sacral joints and pelvic hematomas across all anime characters at my clinic!!!

And in other news, Vivio might have Horner's Syndrome. Slight sympathetic nervous damage to the ocular nerve can result in lack of sympathetic stimulation interferring with the development of pigmentation. Advanced surgery beyond our current level of techonology can fixed the affected SP nerves, thus returning her control over her entire face, but as evidence by Vice's little sister and Cinque, the nerves headed into her eye were too delicate to operate on, leaving the Kaiser heterochromatic.

Knowing that I studied medicine so that I can diagnose anime characters? PRICELESS.

Quote:

*radio static*

Oh it's not MY work. For a second I thought you guys were talking about Kha and Sa--

*static*

What's with the radio these da--

Mai: Ikke, Fan--

Taiyo: Mai-san, chotto matte.
Quote:

You dare say such things about my her precious ALICE CARROLL?!?!?!?!?!

Spoiler for You're not worthy of being a Cleric-Knight:
Somebody yelled Kha-season...?! UWAAA!!!

*dissolves in pink flames*

?????: 3rd Phase completed.

And Lowe and USB, yes Granado es Strado makes Erio 3 Times More Powerful and 3 Times Faster. And as Caro would say, "3 Times More Charming."

But you guys still missed the VA refs. I know one is hard to get, but I made the other so obvious, I can't get any more obvious!
Old 2008-02-18, 04:13   Link #19954
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Quote:
Eagle one, say again you're breaking up!

*taps radio*

Eagle one this is Eagle two say again!
All communications with Eagle One have been lost.

Quote:
We can break 20K by tomorrow at this rate

Quote:
@Sheba: caramelldansen?
*points to avatar*

*runs*

===========

Quote:
And in other news, Vivio might have Horner's Syndrome. Slight sympathetic nervous damage to the ocular nerve can result in lack of sympathetic stimulation interferring with the development of pigmentation. Advanced surgery beyond our current level of techonology can fixed the affected SP nerves, thus returning her control over her entire face, but as evidence by Vice's little sister and Cinque, the nerves headed into her eye were too delicate to operate on, leaving the Kaiser heterochromatic.

Knowing that I studied medicine so that I can diagnose anime characters? PRICELESS.
wise words.

Quote:
Oh it's not MY work. For a second I thought you guys were talking about Kha and Sa--

*static*

Radio always has issues with OC.

Quote:

That doesn't sound good.

Quote:
And Lowe and USB, yes Granado es Strado makes Erio 3 Times More Powerful and 3 Times Faster. And as Caro would say, "3 Times More Charming."

But you guys still missed the VA refs. I know one is hard to get, but I made the other so obvious, I can't get any more obvious!
Well, I didn't see the references. Oh, it might just be me.
Old 2008-02-18, 04:17   Link #19955
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Erio's Sonic Move is upgraded THREE FOLDS, you say?

Ladies, watch out.
Three Times More Groping!!!!

*runs*

Quote:
Where did the dansen craze come from?! I'm reporting a epidemic rise in dislocated sacral joints and pelvic hematomas across all anime characters at my clinic!!!
I have no idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha

*static*

Mai: Nani yo, boya?

Quote:

JUSTICE BE DONE!!!!

That's what you get for trying to harm my our precious DEKKAI-CHAN!!!

"Aaah Alice-chan, glad to see you weren't harmed!"

And if you EVER do that again...

Spoiler for THOU SHALL FEEL MY WRATH DER KLERIKER!!!!!:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha

And Three Times More Cocky

I still can't see the refs

Old 2008-02-18, 04:18   Link #19956
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Well, I didn't see the references. Oh, it might just be me.
The hints are Hayate no Gotoku and Teng--

*BAMBOO~~~ BAMBOO~~~*

Quote:

JUSTICE BE DONE!!!!

Kha: Che! What is this strong foe?!

Is she from another Type Moon work?

And not forgetting 3 Times More Tiger!

I just realized Caro's VA is also the VA for KUZUHA MIZUNA!!! This is gonna be GREAT!!!

*runs*

But my ARIA kungfu is not enough. And not just that, with Hayate no Gotoku on hiatus, Gundam 00 and CLANNAD is not enough to last 1 week either...
Old 2008-02-18, 04:22   Link #19957
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
*Yawn...* (Three in the morning here.)

Still like that Image of future Erio and Caro. Freakin' lady-killer-to-be he is. Caro's not lacking in the looks department either. MEEE-YOW.

I'll put off checking more out tomarrow, when I'm bound to have answers and nitpicks to work on.

For the time being, here's a fill in for FOX.

Spoiler for FOX, rough draft:

I'm just kind of working in pockets today... don't know why.

EDIT: And just to clarify. Fox's understanding of mechanical force has direct precidence to her physical skills. Understanding the application of transfer of momentum, leverage, and all those fun things are pretty much the CORE of martial-arts. Making her quite frightening. If going bare handed against someone like Vita, who tends to charge and smash, we'd be seeing the most hilarious turnover fight EVER when this (barely registering in magic) character deftly puts Vita (A powerful knight) through a course of throws and grapples... I'm laughing just thinking about it. Redirection of an opponent's force and momentum can be nasty stuff.

Last edited by AdmiralTigerclaw; 2008-02-25 at 02:15.
Old 2008-02-18, 04:22   Link #19958
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:

House-sensei?
Old 2008-02-18, 04:25   Link #19959
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

My last post for today. Oh, guys, in case you reached the 1000th page without my presence, well, sucks to be me.

Have fun celebrating.

============

Quote:
Three Times More Groping!!!!

*runs*
INDEED!

*runs*

Quote:
Mai: Nani yo, boya?

Quote:

JUSTICE BE DONE!!!!

Quote:
And Three Times More Cocky

==============

Quote:
The hints are Hayate no Gotoku and Teng--

*BAMBOO~~~ BAMBOO~~~*

So does this mean we get to see Erio crossdressing as-

*radio static*

=========

@ Admiral: Fox looks strangely lovely there

MOAR!
Old 2008-02-18, 04:28   Link #19960
Kagerou
"Begin, the operation!"
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Kagerou
Quote:
Aah, so Keroko is safe, though righting a raging infection One of the few times good ole' Nelth is useful

It's sounding more and more like the Swarm every second, next thing you know a Protoss Mothership comes in and...

The question of who Araidne is is intriguing though, and with the ex-Lightnings being the swarm's next target I'm really looking forward to where this goes
Neltharion can be useful at times, and this is indeed one of those few times.

As for the Spawn sounding like the Swarm, that's not surprising. It's a heavy influence, after all. See the bottom of the post for the currently cataloged Spawn forms.

And Ariadne wasn't a who, it was a what.

Quote:
I for one am against the use of power armour in the Nanohaverse since it doesn't fit with how the series has been constucted thus far. Canon will always be one the yardsticks that I compare things to. Diverge too far from it and your ideas will instantly be subject to closer scrutiny than OC's that live within canon or ae just outside what Canon shows. I'm not sure who it was in the beginning that asked for the exec summary, but something like that would go a long way towards having the idea accepted here in thread. Provided that you give a reason, a good reason as to why you want/need the armour in the first place.
Personally I think that due to the modular nature of the Nanohaverse, it's possible, though unlikely, for powered armor to exist. As I stipulated, it's more cost-effective for a mage to create their own Barrier Jacket/Knight Armor than create one for them; hence why I don't see ATCs or my armors being used extensively.

Quote:
Having a re-think on your whole concept to see if it's possible to cut down on things that are "taboo" subjects within the nanohaverse. You might think it's harsh, but Kagerou / Goose had to do this earlier on in the thread( as shown in the quotes below) All that was left of their original concept at the end of it all was the very bare bones. To their credit, they were able to salvage the good parts of it and have turned it into a storyline that while is outside of the boundaries of canon are still close enough that it is still plausible.
As Goose explained . The first draft of Erusia and the final draft are literally worlds apart.

But the concept behind Erusia's first iteration still float around, in a much different sense.

Quote:
NICE!

It's good to know Keroko-chan's still safe. And Neltharion surely is helpful here. BTW, you just gave Aurion a habit deriven from my generationS, huh? I'll be adding it then. And I think Adraine was Arc'd by TSAB... And then about Glen... even Id is losing control?

WANT MOAR!
About Aurion... yes. For some reason, the image of him leaning on two legs kind of stuck on me *shrug*.

As for what happened to Ariadne... well, that's a secret~.

And yes, Glen and Id have this feeling of losing control. The Id of Alpha is slightly different from the Id before.

I believe that line is from a Utada Hikaru song...

Quote:
I think Clint Eastwood would do well to be Erick's VA.

Like Lowe said, it's been a while since ol' Nel was good for something. If any additional cleansing is needed, I'm sure any of the available Knight-sisters can help. Worst still, just call Dr. House Testarossa. :3

As for the Cleric boys both senior and newly-minted over the last 8 years, I guess they have all the work cut out for them.

0066 first outbreak? That's almost around the time of the formation of the Plaguelands! I wonder if they are linked... :3
lol Clint Eastwood.

Erick: "Do ya feel lucky... punk?"

Quote:
Looks like Erick's quite touchy around a certain subject. Character development all around and an exchange between Glen and Id was quite some foreshadowing.

Which reminds me I just read Goose's summary of the OFM. Comprehensive and detailed rundown about the unit. Hard to imagine the time and effort behind this piece.
:thumbsup: x 10
It's a joint effort .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post

Yes, it was a fabricated lie. Should've been obvious.

As for the 2nd part, I mentioned the "earliest" precursor to TSAB, which... within my context is no less than 700 to 1000 years before canon time.

I'd like to think of it of a time when only less than 5 worlds had achieved 'the BARE' minimum of technology and magic to traverse dimensions and even then, it'd takes a LONG time to establish contact and travel the dimensional seas, unlike any of the teleport/2 hours ship ride thing in current timeline. >_<
Ah, at least your reasoning for the fall of Al-Hazared is more... original. Wait'll you see mine XDDD.

Quote:

LIGHTNING-03
Rebuilt of Erio

Hmm... Wrong age?

The only joke I think I spot is the Brilliant Light spell; his use of it mimics the way Yoko uses her rifle in TTGL.

At least there aren't any Chiri references in it.
*runs*

Spoiler for OFM Report: Encountered Spawn Forms: