AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2013-01-08, 19:13   Link #41
MAX_COLA_POWER!

I hope we get a Dark Type gym in this one. 6 Generations in and we still haven't had one.
Old 2013-01-08, 19:20   Link #42
Shadow5YA

X and Y being the axes in the coordinate system makes more sense than sex chromosomes. If they happen to make a third game, then they can call it Pokemon Z to correspond to the third dimension z-axis.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 20:26   Link #43
Pink Cow
This is my title.

I always pick water types as my starter. But Froakie is just... D: Unless its evolution looks more attractive, I'll most probably start with Fennekin.

This game better have better Ice type Pokemon. I love making Hail teams for competitive battles. And maybe even... New Eeveelutions??

自由を愛しちゃう女の子だけ
Instagram
Pink Cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 20:36   Link #44
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
I hope we get a Dark Type gym in this one. 6 Generations in and we still haven't had one.
I think it's safe to assume that they will never do anything as drastic as that.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 20:42   Link #45
MAX_COLA_POWER!

@Pink Cow: Fans are hoping for the highly asked for Eeveelution, Draceon.

@Kaisos: Why is it drastic? Granted that I do agree with you that a Dark gym may be too much to wish for, but I think it can be done since we have enough dark types. Whether or not this generation will have enough is yet to be seen. Anyhoo, if these 2 games are gonna be the Gold and Silver of Black and White, I hope we finally get the evolutions some people proposed for Black and White, like the Samurai Farfetch'd, the Native American Chief Xatu, and the Golden Keyblade Unown.
Old 2013-01-08, 20:57   Link #46
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

"Drastic" as in "it would be more than a minor cosmetic change which is essentially all they have done since Gen 2".
I fully expect the Fire starter to end up being Fire/Fighting yet again too, just because anything else would require even the smallest shred of creativity.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 21:13   Link #47
MAX_COLA_POWER!

I'm gonna go with Fire/Psychic since my gut is telling me, they're gonna use the Ifrit legend for the fire legend, same with a grass and water elemental (Undine maybe?) for Chespin and Froakie.
Old 2013-01-08, 21:38   Link #48
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

So the new legendaries are masters of Math?

I can see the thrid one call Z (completing XYZ axis). Also there is a master of the trio call i for imaginary axis
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 21:47   Link #49
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
I also hope we get a brand-new Pokemon type, since there's been four consecutive generations and still the same 17 types.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 22:01   Link #50
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Possible Light type maybe? Although, fans have said that the lights were meant to be represented by Psychics, so I don't know.
Old 2013-01-08, 22:02   Link #51
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
I'm gonna go with Fire/Psychic since my gut is telling me, they're gonna use the Ifrit legend for the fire legend, same with a grass and water elemental (Undine maybe?) for Chespin and Froakie.
That's a really weird presumption if you ask me. I'm not necessarily saying you're incorrect considering nothing is true until it's revealed, but why would a pokemon based on a fennec fox that utilizes fire's final evolution look like a djinn of fire? That just doesn't make sense.

And Froakie evolving into a water nymph? Again, sounds ridiculous to me, but if you have a reason for such an expectation I'd love to hear it.
Old 2013-01-08, 22:05   Link #52
Shadow5YA

They should make it a double type triangle by making the final Fire/Water/Grass starter evolutions have Psychic/Dark/Fighting as their second types.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 22:34   Link #53
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
That's a really weird presumption if you ask me. I'm not necessarily saying you're incorrect considering nothing is true until it's revealed, but why would a pokemon based on a fennec fox that utilizes fire's final evolution look like a djinn of fire? That just doesn't make sense.

And Froakie evolving into a water nymph? Again, sounds ridiculous to me, but if you have a reason for such an expectation I'd love to hear it.
It's just that, I don't want to imagine that the fox is just going to evolve into a ninetales clone. Besides, with just some screens, people already assume that the game is going to be France-referenced only, where I believe that they're going to cover all of Europe, and I happen to like mythology coming from Norway, Greece, etc. It's like you wrote down, nothing is true until it's revealed, but it doesn't hurt to imagine the routes they may take without someone breathing down another person's neck just to say haha yeah right, like that could happen. I'm sorry if there's some unwritten law that can't be broken where someone can't use their imagination to guess what road Pokémon is gonna take.
Old 2013-01-09, 00:00   Link #54
jedinat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
You do realize that for every generation since the beginning there's been a separately released 3rd version that supposedly "combines" the two previous ones? (Though gen. 5 didn't. It was more of a continuation than an alternative.)

I can already speculate there's likely going to be a third one a while after called "Z version". So I have to agree the naming is a reference for this being the first main Pokemon titles to fully enter the 3D plane.
Make me feel dumb why don't you? Of course that has to be what they're doing.
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-09, 01:28   Link #55
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
I'm sorry if there's some unwritten law that can't be broken where someone can't use their imagination to guess what road Pokémon is gonna take.
I didn't say that. Perfectly fine with whatever speculation you may have, I was just stating that I found yours quite odd and wanted to know why you came to that conclusion since it didn't make much sense to me and it's been shown in the past that starter Pokemon have never had such drastic change in forms when they evolve.

And yeah, I agree that if the region in these games were based of all of Europe, that would be pretty cool too.

Quote:
Make me feel dumb why don't you? Of course that has to be what they're doing.
My apologies, I just wanted to point out the theory that the X and Y in the titles referring to dimensional axes was quite legitimate.
Old 2013-01-09, 03:08   Link #56
Kreceir

More fanart Yaaaaaay~

Images
the female protaganist
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Images
Female and Male protagonist

Images
The trio starters Personification

Images
The guy with the Eggs walks way to slow!
Old 2013-01-09, 10:01   Link #57
MAX_COLA_POWER!

And it looks like we have Legendary Names confirmed.

Rainbow Deer: Xerneas
Angry Lugia: Yveltal

My, this game might have Norse legendaries after all, senses are tingling>v>.
Old 2013-01-09, 11:52   Link #58
GDB

Quote:
Possible Light type maybe? Although, fans have said that the lights were meant to be represented by Psychics, so I don't know.
No, light is supposed to be fighting. "Dark" is actually "Evil" in Japan, so its counterpart is basically "Honor", which is what Fighting is supposed to represent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
They should make it a double type triangle by making the final Fire/Water/Grass starter evolutions have Psychic/Dark/Fighting as their second types.
Dark is immune to psychic rather than resistant, and I don't think Psychic is resistant to fighting. The only other real triangle is Fighting/Flying/Rock.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-09, 12:10   Link #59
Kreceir

Images
I did not see this coming
Old 2013-01-09, 13:03   Link #60
GDB

Best part is its katakana name.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pokemon x & y, rpg