Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2007-03-19, 21:39   Link #541
Lebron
I hear voices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aka View Post
I wonder how you can play DMC4 on the Pc.... you gotta really like... push alot of buttons(Well from my experience lol).
all the DMC have had a PC port, but to answer your question, you can easily just use the 360 controller on your PC

*runs*
Lebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-19, 21:39   Link #542
Shinoto
Rollin' Like A Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aka View Post
I wonder how you can play DMC4 on the Pc.... you gotta really like... push alot of buttons(Well from my experience lol).
You do know they have Controllers for the PC...Heck they sell identical version to the PS2

<----What I use
Old 2007-03-20, 11:24   Link #543
Zoe

The PS3 controller can also be used on the PC with the proper drivers.
Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-20, 13:44   Link #544
Aka
Green Trees
*Artist

XD I'd still like to see someone play DMC4 on the Pc with a keyboard only.
Old 2007-03-20, 23:25   Link #545
Theclow
"Removed by mod"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayos View Post
No problem just send me a PC with DMC4 and I'll show you how to play it with a keyboard.
Trying to get a free PC and a copy of DMC4? I see through you plan, and to think I almost asked for your shipping address.
P.S, Kayos send me your PC and ill send it back in peices, for free!
Theclow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 04:05   Link #546
Lebron
I hear voices

new Ninja Gaiden Sigma Gameplay
http://gamevideos.com/video/id/10150

Yup, looks like an HD version of Black, which is what it's supposed to be. Any PS3 owner who hasn't played NG should pick it up, Awesome game!

Playing as Rachael looks like fun too.
Old 2007-03-22, 08:09   Link #547
Knightmare213

I'm worried for PS3 now.

First, Sony lost exclusivity of Ace Combat 6 to Xbox 360, as well as Devil May Cry 4. As everyone would know, those two series always had been exclusive for PS2 and PSP (AC goes way back all the way to PS1). Now, according to Microsoft Germany, they want two more games that gives PS3 an edge over Xbox 360, Final Fantasy and Metal Gear Solid.

If those two go, PS3 may not have much chance against Xbox 360. Yes, there is a rumor told by Sony itself saying that they'll have a price cut by the end of 2007, but will that help the sales if Sony keeps losing exclusivities one by one?

If you want the sources for my info, just ask and I'll post them.
Knightmare213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 08:43   Link #548
Zoe

New firmware is up.

Background downloading and Folding are the big changes. However, background downloading doesn't actually work for downloading Folding.

So far people have confirmed that downloads continue unless the following happens:

Watching Blu Ray discs or DVDs.
Playing online PS3 games.
Playing PS2 titles.
Using Folding@Home.
Using AV Chat.
Doing system updates.
Old 2007-03-22, 08:48   Link #549
Lebron
I hear voices

Stop worrying about it, Knightmare. Just go with the flow, it hasn't even been full year. No king has been crowned yet.
Old 2007-03-22, 08:52   Link #550
Radd
Just Married, Oct. 28th!

You're worried "now"? The price has been the issue from the beginning.

Still, this generation has only really just begun, and Sony still has the brand advantage. "Playstation" is still synonymous with "gaming" in many people's eyes. A significant price cut will certainly help Sony, even if they lose more exclusives to Microsoft. A significant portion of the market is just too caught up with brand loyalty for Sony to lose on an even playing field. On top of that, Microsoft recently dropped the ball big time with their new version of the 360. They took the hardware back, streamlined it and made production cheaper and more efficient...then instead of dropping the price and cutting even further into Sony's marketshare, Microsoft adds a few new features, a larger (and significantly overprices) hard drive, and jacks up the price.
Old 2007-03-22, 09:00   Link #551
Knightmare213

I suppose I did overreact...what I'm worried about is that PS3 losing exclusivity of games. Then again, I shouldn't have jumped to conclusion that PS3 is having its beginning of the end...

Price drop by the end of the year. I'm kinda happy about this. At least we got a rumor from Sony that they'll cut the price. Also, I think Sony's move to remove the Emotion Engine chip was a good idea. I don't think no one really buys a PS3 just so you can play PS2 or even PS1 games do they?
Knightmare213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 09:05   Link #552
Lebron
I hear voices

Both 360 and PS3 will be losing 3rd party exclusives, that's been apparent since the beginning. It's inevitable I'm afraid.

and that Emotion Chip thing sounds likes BS, reminds me back to when Moore said that 360 users didn't care for BC

Anyways, New DMC4 scans(PS3 version of course)
http://www.playsyde.com/news_4126_en.html

Last edited by Lebron; 2007-03-22 at 14:36.
Old 2007-03-22, 15:18   Link #553
Zoe

Turns out the 6-download limit is false! I currently have 11 downloads queued up. You can also queue up downloads from the different stores. You don't actually need to be signed into the PSN for the download to continue.
Old 2007-03-22, 20:39   Link #554
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightmare213 View Post
Also, I think Sony's move to remove the Emotion Engine chip was a good idea. I don't think no one really buys a PS3 just so you can play PS2 or even PS1 games do they?
Unless backward compatibility with PS2 (and maybe even PS) games is as good without it, you'd better damn well bet I want it. Especially since one of the features being tauted was backwards compatibility. To say that nobody buys a PS3 to play PS2/PS games is true, but to say that it's a useless feature means that you're either living in a place where you don't have to move around a lot and/or you have a lot of room, or you've sold all of your PS2/PS games off already. Some of us still enjoy returning to them, and not havng to switch over to another box to play is a nice convenience.
Old 2007-03-22, 22:28   Link #555
Zoe

Quote:
What? There's only one playstation store... right?
There's a different store for each region. US, UK, HK, Taiwan, and Japan all have unique content. There might be more in the other ones, but I haven't checked yet (running out of e-mail addresses )
Old 2007-03-22, 23:14   Link #556
Aka
Green Trees
*Artist

What the hell.... >_> *Gets jealous*

Quote:
At the London launch everyone who bought a PS3 also received a free 46-inch HD television and a taxi home.

In total, the giveaway amounted to £250,000 worth of televisons to more than 100 gamers.
I want another HDTV in my house.. I wouldn't mind really...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/6474045.stm
Old 2007-03-23, 00:51   Link #557
Lebron
I hear voices

has anyone picked up Oblivion on the PS3, yet?

Also,
http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=3239
a lot of new Ninja Gaiden Sigma Gameplay vids

Last edited by Lebron; 2007-03-23 at 01:18.
Old 2007-03-23, 15:26   Link #558
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
what I'm worried about is that PS3 losing exclusivity of games
Why are you worried about it? They will just go to other, better consoles. Sony doesn't deserve any pity, they don't care about you. If raping you up your behind would make them money, they would do it.
Quote:
Also, I think Sony's move to remove the Emotion Engine chip was a good idea.
Absolutely not! It means massively inferior backwards compatibility, which is always an important feature of a game console in the first couple of years.

It saves them money, but they're still not lowering the price.
Quote:
At the London launch everyone who bought a PS3 also received a free 46-inch HD television and a taxi home.

In total, the giveaway amounted to £250,000 worth of televisons to more than 100 gamers.
Now they're even paying you to buy their game console?! Sick.
Old 2007-03-23, 17:18   Link #559
Zoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
Absolutely not! It means massively inferior backwards compatibility, which is always an important feature of a game console in the first couple of years.
By the accounts I've seen, the software BC isn't bad at all. The compatibility list is actually rated harsher than what people would expect.

Quote:
Now they're even paying you to buy their game console?! Sick.
Nobody knew about the TV thing. How is giving away something for free possibly a bad thing?? That's almost as bad as the people who are slamming folding@Home.
Old 2007-03-23, 20:26   Link #560
Lebron
I hear voices

Quote:
@Lebron:

Can't wait to play NGS, by any chance is it as hard as Shinobi, I couldn't even pass that game to save my own life.
Which one you talking about? I played the original Genesis and Game Gear, but I was a little kid back then, so I just played to play. Don't think I ever beat it, but I don't recall it being that hard either, well not NG hard. I never played Shinobi on the PS2.

Have you played Devil May Cry 3? I would compare its difficulty to that, some say it's harder, others say DMC3 is a bit harder. For me, both of them pissed me the hell off :P

Last edited by Lebron; 2007-03-23 at 20:39.

Tags
console, ps3, sony