Notices

Old 2004-09-02, 14:38   Link #61
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by joewright91
that was the shittest ep ever, i think it took about 2 lines from the manga
er...so?
Twas a cute filler ep, I liked Tsunade's cool mofo bit.
Spoiler:
Old 2004-09-02, 14:55   Link #62
Itadakimasu

man tsunade is as hot as ever... i loved the way she took out all those traps kono made and then chilled will a cup of sake afterwords... she is my kind of woman... even though she is like 50 but ill take it any way

its also great that they gave lee a chance and i hope to see more of him he is a great char.

the pig is dum and annoying... i just thought i'd put that in there
Itadakimasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 14:56   Link #63
ryno2410

Quote:
Originally Posted by joewright91
that was the shittest ep ever, i think it took about 2 lines from the manga

Cry me a river, build a bridge, and get over it
ryno2410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 15:20   Link #64
Voltage
若い雷

Send a message via AIM to Voltage
Heh, Shizune walkin in on Tsunade studying is priceless, especially the face when she says, "What?! Concentrating?!"
Voltage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 15:27   Link #65
Trax
Rock beats scissors

This was a pretty decent ep, bit of character development which was good. Looks like Lee may get his surgery after all. Konohamaru was a tard, but I really liked Tsunade's badass breakin just to fetch a book.
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 15:55   Link #66
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
Tsunade is a wrecking ball, or two. [ if you get my drift ]

Theres nothing that can stand in her way. She just plows through anything and everything.
Komataguri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 15:56   Link #67
maziwanka

hmmm. it seems like there isn't much of a filler (which is good. can't wait to see an anime of the upcoming arc)
maziwanka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 16:41   Link #68
Sanjuronord
セクシーなパイロット

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieryshadowcard
I especially liked how she just reached past Konohamaru's head for the book and walked off as though nothing happened.
Loved that scene.

Quote:
What worries me, however, is the stuff Tsunade was looking at in regard to Kabuto's regeneration. It seems like a weak connection, and considering that Kabuto's ability should be pretty unique (ie. not immediately deciphered by even a Sannin), it seems weak that she would draw resources from it as though she were completely knowledgeable on Kabuto's ability. Also, I fear it may actually be implying things about that ability that may later contradict the manga, so... yeah.
Well Tsunade was probably more along the lines of inspired by his technique and researching because of it. Even Kabuto would have had to research that technique beforehand, now that Tsunade has seen it. It would make sense for her to be able to take steps to replicate it. The only contradiction I could see is if Kabuto's technique was a bloodline one or something along those lines and don't think that's the case. Might be better to look at is as two different techniques, Tsunade's variation and Kabuto's. They're both aiming for the same goal, but neither thinks alike and Tsunade is probably more knowledgable so they'll probably be two different techniques but both will achieve the same goal.

Quote:
Other than an extended version of the Gai/Lee talk as seen in the preview, I expect to see a lengthy filler about Sasuke contemplating about all that's happened (before what's to immediately come...
Ditto that, but I'm hoping that if they need some filler they can toss in some original Gai/Lee/Neji/TenTen flashbacks during the talk for filler. Have Rock Lee remember some of his previous missions/fights that we haven't seen before and that kind of stuff.

Also, I wonder if getting Sasuke out of the hospital sooner in the anime was to create a timeframe for the movie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryno2410
Cry me a river, build a bridge, and get over it
You sir, are my hero.
Sanjuronord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 16:41   Link #69
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

Am I the only one who liked the part with Sandaime? Him going off to a mission was so cool! But in reality i don't think the Hokage goes on a mission
Old 2004-09-02, 16:44   Link #70
Sanjuronord
セクシーなパイロット

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Devil
Am I the only one who liked the part with Sandaime? Him going off to a mission was so cool! But in reality i don't think the Hokage goes on a mission
We've seen at least 1 before in a flashback where he went after Orochimaru. Also, I believe even in the early eps when they showed the mission charts they had hokage written next to the A rank missions.

Edit: Nm, that chart didn't show Hokage next to A rank missions, double checked. Coulda swore it did though...
Sanjuronord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 16:47   Link #71
Ketsueki

Send a message via AIM to Ketsueki Send a message via MSN to Ketsueki Send a message via Yahoo to Ketsueki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Devil
That flashback was before the series started, the village might of been under attack or something
Ketsueki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 16:50   Link #72
katon
Some random dude

I liked this episode, haha, funny when Shizune and ton-ton was like so surprised she was studying and concentrating.....

Oh I think i almost cried when I saw Sandaime in the flashback, *sniff sniff*...
Old 2004-09-02, 16:59   Link #73
sanscharisma

I really liked this episode even though it was filler. I feel like people are just rushing for the anime and/or the manga to get to an end. I'm sure when the anime/manga is actually at its end, it will be these same people whining about how it's ending.

Enjoy it while it's here.
sanscharisma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 17:49   Link #74
a_nevels666

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenchir
This could end up just killing the show..... take HunterXHunter for example or Hikaru No Go..... or worse of all Ruoroni Kenshin. I don't mind fillers as long as they are good.
How was Hunter x Hunter 'killed'?

Hunter x Hunter just stops whenever it catches up to the manga, then when there is enough new manga a new OVA series is created...

The ONLY problem with this is that you have to wait a long time for new episodes. But this would be a much smaller problem with Naruto because the Naruto manga is released at least twice as fast as Hunter x Hunter.
a_nevels666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 18:24   Link #75
Voltage
若い雷

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itadakimasu
man tsunade is as hot as ever... i loved the way she took out all those traps kono made and then chilled will a cup of sake afterwords... she is my kind of woman... even though she is like 50 but ill take it any way
Yes!!! Finally there is someone that thinks like me!
Old 2004-09-02, 18:29   Link #76
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Viva Tsunade

But, one thing I won't want to receive from her are her sending-you-right-into-the-tomb kisses.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 18:32   Link #77
Voltage
若い雷

I bet Dan's in the afterlife going, "Man... I shoulda just slapped Tsunade before she gave me that kiss...::shakes fist::"
Old 2004-09-02, 18:38   Link #78
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Don't forget about her little bro, Nawaki.

He too got a well, (mis)fortunate kiss from her big sis.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 19:23   Link #79
Voltage
若い雷

Did anyone get any ideas when Tsunade said, "In the future my grandchild will say that too?"

I was like, "O_O"
If that's so, I wonder who she's gonna be paired with in the future. Can't have a grandchild without having a son/daughter.
Old 2004-09-02, 19:56   Link #80
Anthriel
天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltage
Did anyone get any ideas when Tsunade said, "In the future my grandchild will say that too?"

I was like, "O_O"
If that's so, I wonder who she's gonna be paired with in the future. Can't have a grandchild without having a son/daughter.
Anime filler, it doesn't mean anything. Besides, she is somewhat old for getting a child ... Genesis Rebirth is bad for your vitality.
Anthriel is offline   Reply With Quote