AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-06-10, 14:40   Link #1881
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennir View Post
Spoiler for Answer:
Spoiler for Answer:
Old 2010-06-10, 14:41   Link #1882
Kibela

This is ones of my all time favorites and i defiantly look forward to her new work.
Kibela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-10, 14:47   Link #1883
Slayerx

And the biggest surprise of all
Spoiler:
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-10, 14:47   Link #1884
Haladflire65
*Artist

... fabulous. I'm getting teary. It's been such a wild ride, and it's over now.

Do we still need spoiler tags? Ok, just in case.

Spoiler:
Old 2010-06-10, 14:47   Link #1885
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I seriously still can't believe it has been 9 years. Almost a decade we could follow the adventures of Ed and Al, and I daresay I didn't expect such satisfying fashion to end the series.

It is first a feat to keep afloat a manga of this caliber that long, without dragging it much, but it is quite an accomplishment to tie everything: the climax, the themes of the series with a bare minimum of plot device, and even romance to boot.
I would say, it is one of the rare series that can boats such result recently. Really, I do not regret following this series for that long (oh boy, I hope Kurokawa will turtle a bit less their releases... I can sense the last volume being sold on February in France or even later...)

I sure hope Arakawa is proud of her baby, because I think there is little to no doubt it droved everyone's enjoyement to the max.
My only complain: not enough Riza + Roy, but well
Old 2010-06-10, 14:49   Link #1886
Battler-kun

That's a fantastic ending!

Truelly great!

I am actually pretty much speechless!
Battler-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-10, 14:49   Link #1887
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
And the biggest surprise of all
Spoiler:
LMAO I totally overlooked that! It wouldve been nice for arakawa to put in another joke at the end
________
Digital vaporizer

Last edited by Rennir; 2011-04-19 at 05:50.
Rennir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-10, 14:57   Link #1888
Jarmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I seriously still can't believe it has been 9 years. Almost a decade we could follow the adventures of Ed and Al, and I daresay I didn't expect such satisfying fashion to end the series.

It is first a feat to keep afloat a manga of this caliber that long, without dragging it much, but it is quite an accomplishment to tie everything: the climax, the themes of the series with a bare minimum of plot device, and even romance to boot.
I would say, it is one of the rare series that can boats such result recently. Really, I do not regret following this series for that long (oh boy, I hope Kurokawa will turtle a bit less their releases... I can sense the last volume being sold on February in France or even later...)

I sure hope Arakawa is proud of her baby, because I think there is little to no doubt it droved everyone's enjoyement to the max.
My only complain: not enough Riza + Roy, but well
Honestly I don't see how she could have improved it at all except so more Riza+Roy at the end(here's to hoping she puts in some extra scenes for the pair in the volume). This is IMO the best shounen series I've read and one of the better works of fiction I've read in general. The small touches at the ending as well as the closure of most if not all the plot threads is to be strongly applauded.

Just to give an example, Ed shot up the moment he wasn't supporting Al's body in that limbo area supporting the earlier theory that he was providing nutrients and his automail was making him shorter. Small touches like that.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-10, 15:25   Link #1889
Battler-kun

Rip

but the romance of travelling for adventures will never die!

Never!
Battler-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-10, 15:32   Link #1890
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haladflire65 View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2010-06-10, 15:39   Link #1891
_gallo_

A very satisfying ending. Easily one of the best I've read for a manga of this genre and among my favorites along with Ushio&Tora and Kiseijuu.
There are some minors thing which I didn't like, but I'm not going to complain about time since the overall judgment of the manga is totally positive.

Brava Hiromu Arakawa.

[... the secret of the Great Stories is that they have no secrets. The Great Stories are the ones you have heard and want to hear again. The ones you can enter anywhere and inhabit comfortably. They don't deceive you with thrills and trick endings. They don't surprise you with the unforeseen.. They are as familiar as the house you live in. Or the smell of your lover's skin. You know how they end yet you listen as though you don't. In the way that you know that one day you will die, you live as though you won't. In the Great Stories you know who lives, who dies, who finds love, who doesn't. And yet you want to know again. That is their mystery and their magic. ...] Arundhati Roy
_gallo_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-10, 15:43   Link #1892
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
As much as I'm sulking now, I'm already looking forward to the omakes
Bet Arakawa is out drinking Or was after her deadline.

But woa the last volume will be released in like two years where I live -_- One of the few series I'll buy whole ... high reread value.

Yeah, the lack of Roy/Riza is a let down, specially considering the focus they got in the last battle (or maybe that's why no more). But if you think about it
Spoiler for 108:
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-10, 15:48   Link #1893
Narzia
┐(-。ー')┌

While there were still some things missing, like perhaps a bit more focus on certain characters or a kiss (*cough*), overall this was the most conclusive and satisfying ending I've seen in a long time, if not ever.

Sadly, manga of this caliber are hard to come by so I guess it will take a while until a worthy candidate appears to fill the hole Hagane no Renkinjutsushi left behind.

Bravo, Arakawa Hiromu, bravo.
Narzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-10, 16:01   Link #1894
ChronoReverse

Excellent solution. It was there from the beginning and yet only available to Edward.

The rest of it was great too. I'll want the full set on my shelf one day.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-10, 16:08   Link #1895
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narzia View Post
While there were still some things missing, like perhaps a bit more focus on certain characters or a kiss (*cough*)
Actually i'm glad there wasn't a kiss... just as i'm glad there wasn't a literal "will you marry me" proposal...
Both would have just felt so damn clumsy...

That weird proposal and nice warm embrace was just perfect for those two
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-10, 16:09   Link #1896
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
It's hard for me to name any other series with a better ending than this. Yu Yu Hakusho comes close perhaps, but as complete as that series ended, it was not nearly as complete as this one. Every single character got his/her part of the story filled in by the end of it, and it was an overall happy ending for them all with a hint that the road isn't over, leaving us readers free to imagine how things would proceed afterwards. It was a great story and I'm happy with the way it ended.

Spoiler for Some things others might not want to be spoiled with yet.:

All in all, it was truly a brilliant end. Now, time to re-run it
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-10, 16:09   Link #1897
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Scanlations are out and wow, I'm going to try so much when the anime ends. Held it together here and I'm pretty darn satisfied with the ending.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-10, 16:42   Link #1898
Xagzan

Wow. Just bloody bravo. All the good things about the ending have really already been said. The only thing I wish had been included
Spoiler:
but that's about it. I was kind of surprised at
Spoiler:

But one thing confused me,

Spoiler:
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-10, 16:42   Link #1899
akire_and_atem

wow best.ending.EVER

Arakawa-sensei covered pretty much everything... I sure hope that there's an omake of Roy and Riza

absolutely beautiful/gorgeous/PERFECT ending!

and yes, there's no kiss or literal marriage proposal but

Spoiler for if you haven't caught up:

the best family picture, definitely n.n

I could say that my heart's gonna be empty without this amazing series,
but to me, this ending has covered it up preeeetty well and I'll find it hard to replace...

unless there's another series from Arakawa
akire_and_atem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-10, 16:47   Link #1900
ProlificSky

Truly one of the most fulfilling endings in a long time. However, there is one thing I'm unsure about. When Al goes to visit Hughes' family, he talks to Hughes' wife about trying to prove a new rule in contrast to equivalent exchange and in response gets asked if there is something he wants to do. Al then mentions Nina, but I'm not quite understanding what Al wanted to do in referencing Nina?
ProlificSky is offline   Reply With Quote