AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-11-23, 20:06   Link #361
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

Its the mix of humor and drama with action and suspense. Anything with all these qualities should be good.
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-26, 16:24   Link #362
Sanya

I think it is sometimes very funny but sometimes very drama'cle' ? When u look it, u feel like naruto..
Old 2010-11-27, 05:19   Link #363
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanya View Post
When u look it, u feel like naruto..
If a chick confesses her love to me i wouldn't pretend it never happened and head to spar with an imo rival. So no, I don't feel like Naruto.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-28, 07:36   Link #364
Sanya

No, i mean when u look it, u are thinking 'bit like naruto u know? what he do, where he goes..
Old 2010-11-28, 07:39   Link #365
roriconfan
Banned

^ I still don't get it. You mean feel sympathy for a guy with inborn imba powers?
Old 2010-11-28, 08:38   Link #366
Sanya

No, ah it's just cool to look. Sorry for my bad english, i'm from germany >.>
Old 2010-12-02, 20:55   Link #367
Fruits Basket Fan

I wonder why it is still so popular since part II is a mockery compared to what part I was.....
Fruits Basket Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-02, 21:42   Link #368
CMSensei
Formerly -> CMHerrera
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruits Basket Fan View Post
I wonder why it is still so popular since part II is a mockery compared to what part I was.....
Because people who have been watching it forever, feel like they need to know what happens to the Knucklehead ninja. And what happens at the end of all this.

And how can you not stop loving Mr. Naruto Uzumaki.

CM-san's Mystical Creations

"The one who can win
against me, is me!"

- Daiki Aomine
CMSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 03:07   Link #369
roriconfan
Banned

^ Gee I wonder how hard is it to see what will happen in the end of such a formulaic show that follows the book of cliches.
Old 2010-12-03, 20:05   Link #370
CMSensei
Formerly -> CMHerrera
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
^ Gee I wonder how hard is it to see what will happen in the end of such a formulaic show that follows the book of cliches.
Something totally weird is gonna happen now that you said that.

CM-san's Mystical Creations

"The one who can win
against me, is me!"

- Daiki Aomine
CMSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-10, 07:16   Link #371
ronin myael
lost ronin

same reason why people love soap operas. they love the drama, intrigue, ridiculous and shocking twists and cheesy characters that could make them laugh, cry and get all giddy about. you guys should come by around my workplace. my colleagues are so obsessed with naruto, they treat the characters as if they're real people. and these are adult professionals! i keep telling them that they're just fictional characters, that there are better series out there. nothing seems to work. naruto could be a live action drama series and it wouldn't matter. they love it to death! and i thought i'm an anime/manga freak.
ronin myael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-10, 17:36   Link #372
roriconfan
Banned

^ Great minds think alike I guess XD
Old 2010-12-11, 08:54   Link #373
Sanya

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
same reason why people love soap operas. they love the drama, intrigue, ridiculous and shocking twists and cheesy characters that could make them laugh, cry and get all giddy about. you guys should come by around my workplace. my colleagues are so obsessed with naruto, they treat the characters as if they're real people. and these are adult professionals! i keep telling them that they're just fictional characters, that there are better series out there. nothing seems to work. naruto could be a live action drama series and it wouldn't matter. they love it to death! and i thought i'm an anime/manga freak.
that is what i mean
Old 2010-12-11, 20:22   Link #374
LadyKikyo91
The Certified Fangirl

Well To be honest I really only liked part one.Part one had the Sasuke vs. Naruto perfect. The Jonin were awesome and respected. It had everything action drama, comedy. Naruto part one is up there on my list of favorite anime/manga. I watched part 2 out of interest and so far its not near as good as part one. He changed a lot in the series. It seems like he is just writing whatever comes to mind and giving it no thought what so ever. Part one Sakura had a lot of development outside of Naruto and aspired to become a stronger shinobi. Also the secondary characters had alot of development and were established as individuals. Part two seems to be "Naruto gets this power up and then Sasuke gets this power up" nevermind Sakura, Kakashi, and the rest of the Konoha 11.

QUOTE=roriconfan;3373913]^ Gee I wonder how hard is it to see what will happen in the end of such a formulaic show that follows the book of cliches.[/QUOTE]

Must agree with that logic. I will drop my vendetta against Kishi if he suprises me during this arc.
LadyKikyo91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-12, 00:08   Link #375
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKikyo91 View Post
Well To be honest I really only liked part one.Part one had the Sasuke vs. Naruto perfect. The Jonin were awesome and respected. It had everything action drama, comedy. Naruto part one is up there on my list of favorite anime/manga. I watched part 2 out of interest and so far its not near as good as part one. He changed a lot in the series. It seems like he is just writing whatever comes to mind and giving it no thought what so ever. Part one Sakura had a lot of development outside of Naruto and aspired to become a stronger shinobi. Also the secondary characters had alot of development and were established as individuals. Part two seems to be "Naruto gets this power up and then Sasuke gets this power up" nevermind Sakura, Kakashi, and the rest of the Konoha 11.
i agree. in an invented fantasy world, the author usually sets boundaries and rules for that world. anything goes as long as it's within those set limits. but in kishi's case he broke most of those rules, he created unnecessary twists hoping that it would make his plot seem unpredictable, and he made his villains, including his main protagonist so powerful it's overkill. one rule he broke was having ao get byakugan when he said in part 1 that byakugan could not be stolen. the main purpose of the seal was to prevent anyone from stealing the byakugan. but ao having the transplanted byakugan means that hiashi's sacrifice means nothing and that i couldn't accept. he still hasn't explained how ao got that eye and it's pissing me off. i'm guessing he just forgot about it, it was a mistake. unless he tries to explain it reasonably then i will continue to believe that.

then there's the mechanics of the sage technique, that too must be a fairly new idea. we've always known that jiraiya was a master of the sage arts but not once have we seen him enter sage mode in part 1. why is that? we only saw him fight using sage against pain but he never used it against orochimaru when he and tsunade were getting beat up. i'm guessing he didn't really know how sage mode is supposed to work when he wrote that scene. ahhh, kishi really is a soap opera writer. soaps are written on a weekly basis and the writers often change their mind, they keep writing in new ideas that are so farfetched you could only shake your head in disbelief.
Old 2010-12-12, 05:17   Link #376
roriconfan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
i agree. in an invented fantasy world, the author usually sets boundaries and rules for that world. anything goes as long as it's within those set limits. but in kishi's case he broke most of those rules, he created unnecessary twists hoping that it would make his plot seem unpredictable, and he made his villains, including his main protagonist so powerful it's overkill. one rule he broke was having ao get byakugan when he said in part 1 that byakugan could not be stolen. the main purpose of the seal was to prevent anyone from stealing the byakugan. but ao having the transplanted byakugan means that hiashi's sacrifice means nothing and that i couldn't accept. he still hasn't explained how ao got that eye and it's pissing me off. i'm guessing he just forgot about it, it was a mistake. unless he tries to explain it reasonably then i will continue to believe that.

then there's the mechanics of the sage technique, that too must be a fairly new idea. we've always known that jiraiya was a master of the sage arts but not once have we seen him enter sage mode in part 1. why is that? we only saw him fight using sage against pain but he never used it against orochimaru when he and tsunade were getting beat up. i'm guessing he didn't really know how sage mode is supposed to work when he wrote that scene. ahhh, kishi really is a soap opera writer. soaps are written on a weekly basis and the writers often change their mind, they keep writing in new ideas that are so farfetched you could only shake your head in disbelief.
Lol, if only it was just byakugan. How about Sharingan? It was also supposed to be blood related at first but now people get Sharingans as easy as changing underwear. So much for the super special lineagge-only broken eye power.

I mean, seriously, look how easily Kakashi got his eye. By an 8 year old girl with zero equipment available, within one hour, and during a goddamn battle. And look how easily he learned to use it against an elite fighter when it is supposed to aqcuire blood-limits and several years of training. Yet at the same time Orochimaru wasted years after years taking care of Sasuke just to get his eyes. Who? Orochimaru the genius.

How about the Rinnegan which was supposed to be god-powerful and yet Kabuto can just ressurect the user and control him as he likes? How about said Kabuto being ten times more powerful than his master in ten times less time? How about Naruto mastering alone Mass Shadow Cloning in two hours on the pilot episode yet needing months to learn anything else with the aid of elite teachers? I mean if Mass Shadow Cloning was forbidden and top secret, why the hell are not forbidden or not secret moves so harder to master?

Consistency is lost as back as the first Sasuke rescue mission. And why was there a second arc dedicated to that later? Just so to introduce Sai? He is a useless character so the whole arc was useless and fruitless too. And many more like that.
Old 2010-12-12, 06:14   Link #377
ronin myael
lost ronin

i just gave a few examples, if i enumerated all the holes i've seen in kishi's world there would be no ground left to step on, if you know what i mean. lol
Old 2010-12-12, 19:04   Link #378
Sbetsho

"If Naruto would start with its current quality..." that doesn't tell much since the quality jumps quite a lot from episode to episode, if you are talking about current fillers, I can't comment on them other than it's unfair to define the series by its filler episodes.
Sbetsho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-12, 22:35   Link #379
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbetsho View Post
"If Naruto would start with its current quality..." that doesn't tell much since the quality jumps quite a lot from episode to episode, if you are talking about current fillers, I can't comment on them other than it's unfair to define the series by its filler episodes.
it's not the fillers we're talking about but the series itself and how kishi writes it.
Old 2010-12-13, 02:54   Link #380
roriconfan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbetsho View Post
it's unfair to define the series by its filler episodes.
Why not? Without them the overall feeling is better. But if you mean "not only by its fillers" then I say instead of a 5 it would be for me a 6.5.