AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Asatte no Houkou

Notices

Old 2006-10-23, 13:32   Link #241
DoReMiFaSo
Samba!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
well imo that ending is too dreamy and i dnt think that everything will work out quite so perfectly...but i do hope that shouko will have a happy end...i think her past is a lot more complex than wht its been made out to be so far...
Hmm...perhaps something happened to Shouko between the time she got dumped by Hiro and when she met him again. And she blamed it on Hiro for it.
DoReMiFaSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-24, 00:38   Link #242
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

I'm just pleasant to witness by myself how versosimile the animation staff portrayed Karada and Shouko's circumstances as realistically to even had the two casts not believing what happened to them either.

Hiro's reaction upon encountering the now adult Karada and child Shouko was as well natural and understandable. If such fantastic phenomenon could be possible in the real life, I and anybody else would not believe it with our eyes.

The premise resembles to that of the films- Wish Upon a Star and Big.

In the former, we have two quarreling sisters who unknowingly one to each other they made a wish upon sighting a shooting star. By the next morning, without explanation and not them noticing, they found switched into the the other's body.

In the latter, a pre-teen boy ridiculed for not being grown-up enough makes a wish to a fortune-telling machine to be an adult. Overnight, he wokes up as an adult, young man but retaining his childhood personality.

Interesting to note is that the transformation between Karada and Houkou follows closely to that of the sisters in the first film, because no supernatural forces manifest physically when the wish is granted. It just simply happens, though in the former's case they witnessed what went on but did not grasped how occured even after realizing their new situation.

However, Karada's and Shoukou's disbelief and initial denial relates on the same manner how the adult-transformed kid found himself on the same boat after finding out for himself the change in the second film.

Another similarity to Wish Upon a Star is that both girls made a wish reflecting a desire to change the role of their current situation.
Spoiler:

Asatte no Houkou would strongly hold ties with those two aforementioned films.
Spoiler:

I do not think another adult character would be introduced, since the first episode introduced the relevant players whether be minor or major. I say so because given their current situation, both Karada and Shouko would be growing a strong tie between themselves, therefore, making the story focus how they perceive the world as a transformed adult and regressed child around them.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-24, 12:37   Link #243
wingnut2292
Go Get'em Tigers!

Send a message via AIM to wingnut2292
Has anyone found the episode 3 sub? Ep 1 & 2 were released a couple days after they aired, but episode 3 seems to be taking a long while.

That's the problem with a good story, you want more as soon as possible.
wingnut2292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-24, 13:09   Link #244
JediNight
キズランダム

The show airs on Fridays US-time AFAIK (I see the raws appear late Fri/Sat), but no I don't think Lunar or Froth-bite have released Ep3 yet. The widescreen airing of the show on BS-i is 2 weeks after the regular airing as well, so I would imagine you have both Ep3 and Ep1(16:9) to look forward to in the next week.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-25, 14:49   Link #245
JediNight
キズランダム

Ep3 is released now -- someone finally discuss with me ^_^;;
Old 2006-10-25, 16:27   Link #246
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
Ep3 is released now -- someone finally discuss with me ^_^;;
Hmm? I don't see it in Baka-Updates.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-25, 19:23   Link #247
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Man, this is getting better and better, and episode 3 is no slouch!

And people thought it's going to be strictly a slice-of-life series a.k.a. Aria!
darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-25, 19:50   Link #248
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

These flashbacks of Shouko and Hiro in America were quite moving and powerful, I have to say. Nice episode, the series is keeping its momentum well.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-25, 21:44   Link #249
Nemo_N
Anime Leecher

Episode 3 was so good at so many levels. Is good to see they throwed in some fun (yet not over the top) moments involving the age switch: Karada wearing Shouko's clothes (barely ), Karada's struggle to understand the adult world, Shouko's cute lapse, etc. Too many to list!

This makes me wonder: why I haven't seen fanboys reveling about Asatte no Houko? (outside this forum, of course)
Nemo_N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-25, 22:48   Link #250
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

The 4:3 version of Asatte no Houkou airs late Thursday night/early Friday morning at 1:55 am on TBS (that's in Tokyo; other times/days in other regions of Japan).

The wide-screen 16:9 version airs Thursday nights at 12:30 am on BS-i. This Thursday night's episodes will be episode 4 on TBS and episode 2 on BS-i.

There are times and days for broadcasts of almost all current first-run anime on this fall anime calendar.

Japan time is 13 hours ahead of New York time (and will be 14 hours ahead on Sunday, when North America drops back to standard time). Japan is 9 hours ahead of UTC (GMT).

I agree with Matrim about how strong those flashbacks of their life in America were. My confidence in the staff making this anime has grown each week.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-26, 00:17   Link #251
JediNight
キズランダム

Yeah there were a lot of funny moments. Shouko trying to be cute, the bra sizing scene, Shouko trying to reach the end of the bath tub lol...

Also the scene where Shouko kinda resigns with herself that its not bad if she goes with the flow of "being a kid" when she wears the bows in her hair etc.

I wonder what the cup-size conversion is for Japan though? We assume by the scene that Karada is a G70 ... what is that in US sizes?

Last edited by JediNight; 2006-10-26 at 00:32.
Old 2006-10-26, 00:41   Link #252
kvnphm1

I think i just found this season hidden gem =p
kvnphm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-26, 01:06   Link #253
ImClueless
Rawr

Damn, the drama levels in this show are great. Episode three was very nice balancing the slice of life stuff with the heart string tugging stuff. I am glad since I personally thought that episode 2 was really slow and kinda dull at times.

Also, where the hell was Hiro and Shouko staying in the US? That bedroom was HUGE. Not the typical flat you would find college students in.
ImClueless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-26, 01:31   Link #254
JediNight
キズランダム

Boston I think it was?
Old 2006-10-26, 01:45   Link #255
ImClueless
Rawr

Well it said Boston on a street sign so we don't know which city? Anyway I wasn't refering to their location in the US, I was just commenting on the fact that their living conditions seemed pretty grandiose.
ImClueless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-26, 01:48   Link #256
JediNight
キズランダム

Well in a city like Boston they probably have lots of very old buildings, so it might not be too hard to afford a flat in some old building.
Old 2006-10-26, 01:58   Link #257
Cal-Reflector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
Well in a city like Boston they probably have lots of very old buildings, so it might not be too hard to afford a flat in some old building.
I'm sure someone on the forum familiar with that area will come and give us a definite clarification, but for the moment I too thought it odd that they seemed to live in such a well-off... oh but wait, there's a perfectly logical explanation.

It must've been a hotel room for a "special occassion."

Later footage of their flat while Hiro is on the phone, which they live in, looks much more conventional. So there, and here I was thinking the producers missed on a small detail like that.
Old 2006-10-26, 07:01   Link #258
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
This makes me wonder: why I haven't seen fanboys reveling about Asatte no Houko? (outside this forum, of course)
Because it requires a refined taste to appreciate it fully. Or maybe because its fans are like me - too lazy to ramble about it in detail in their blogs or on other forums or wherever. But actually I have seen people raving about it outside of this forum, maybe one just has took a bit harder since this is no Suzummiya Haruhi or Kanon.

BTW, is it only me or both Hiro and Shouko looked a lot better in the flashbacks than in the present time? Also, I just love the way the usually calm and reserved Shouko can suddenly snap, although it took her way too much time to figure out how to hit hiro with her small arms.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-26, 10:10   Link #259
Cal-Reflector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
Because it requires a refined taste to appreciate it fully.
Ah, but it only takes very little to perk initial interest. Those of us with blogs, all we have to do is post a few more screenshots (make em' fairly large), suggestive or otherwise, on our blogs and voila, I'm sure the download count for this show will start to tick up.

On a side note, its come to my attention that on one popular CHinese torrent tracker, Sumomomo seems to have a wider following than Asatte or Code Geass.

As for Hiro and Shouko looking much better in the past; most likely a reflection of how happy they were together?

Edit 2: A new thought: I don't think its been brought up before, but is Karada going to at some point realize/find out just what sort of relationship Shouko and Hiro had? It's natural for her to be unsuspecting at this point, but even as a child, eventually it should become apparen that they were more than mere acquaintances. It'll be quite the turning point, methinks, if and when she should find out what had come to pass between them in the past, and to see what sort of action she might taken then.

Last edited by Cal-Reflector; 2006-10-26 at 10:21.
Cal-Reflector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-26, 11:58   Link #260
PastPrime

When I first read about this show I decided to give it a pass because I was expecting some kind of ecchi comedy. But then I read that it was a serious show so I decided to check it out. So far it seems to be one of this seasons best shows.
PastPrime is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, fantasy, j.c. staff, romance, seinen, slice of life, supernatural