AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2016-03-27, 06:54   Link #321
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I'm super hyped. I read part 4 again two years ago and I loved it a lot more than the first time. Proper translations instead of Duwang helped. I mean, sure, Duwang was amusing, but it really wasn't the best way to enjoy the manga.
i have reread part 4 yesterday
awesome fights, chars and powers, now i know again why kyochi and echo are my most favorite char and stand of part 4
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-19, 13:56   Link #322
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I mean, sure, Duwang was amusing, but it really wasn't the best way to enjoy the manga.

Well, we also have to remember that for the longest time, DUWANG was literally the ONLY translation available for part 4. That being said, I personally recommend reading both translated versions for the full experience.... because I honestly can't imagine part 4 Jojo without Duwang at this point, lol.

On another note, translated 53 is out! And damn, Josefumi was freaking badass this chapter. I especially loved how he beat the crap out of those twins despite being freaking HALF DEAD (makes me wonder how they even survived perfectly intact for their later "rematch" with Josuke). Man forget the Kira fusion excuse, I'm more inclined to believe that Josefumi already had four balls from the start!
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-20, 09:55   Link #323
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
On another note, translated 53 is out! And damn, Josefumi was freaking badass this chapter. I especially loved how he beat the crap out of those twins despite being freaking HALF DEAD (makes me wonder how they even survived perfectly intact for their later "rematch" with Josuke). Man forget the Kira fusion excuse, I'm more inclined to believe that Josefumi already had four balls from the start!
Haha, yeah. Josefumi was really amazing in this chapter.

His sacrifice was sad and beautiful.
Old 2016-04-20, 15:24   Link #324
marvelB

Also, somehow I find it kinda amusing that in the present, Josuke is going as far as to ask Hato permission to kill Damo. Like, he's being all polite about it despite being stuck in such a life-or-death situation. "Um, excuse me, but is it okay if I kill your boyfriend? He's kind of trying to kill us all and I'd like to prevent that as quickly as possible. Thank you."
Old 2016-05-19, 01:05   Link #325
marvelB

Hey guys, translated 54 is already out!

And it's a damned awesome chapter, too. The battle against Damo is finally underway! And this time.... it's Hato's time to shine!

Still, I gotta say.... Damo is damned creative with his torture methods. I don't think many people would use fish to cause someone pain (of course, I also doubt there are many others capable of turning people into giant puddles of goo, but still).
Old 2016-05-19, 03:00   Link #326
foxbox360
New Age Badass

Quote:
Hey guys, translated 54 is already out!

And it's a damned awesome chapter, too. The battle against Damo is finally underway! And this time.... it's Hato's time to shine!

Still, I gotta say.... Damo is damned creative with his torture methods. I don't think many people would use fish to cause someone pain (of course, I also doubt there are many others capable of turning people into giant puddles of goo, but still).
Hell hath no fury than a woman scorns.....
Old 2016-05-19, 09:51   Link #327
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Time for Hato to show she's not just a bimbo.
Old 2016-06-17, 08:13   Link #328
marvelB

A few spoiler pics are out:

Spoiler for 55:
Old 2016-06-18, 08:48   Link #329
marvelB

Translated chapter's out!

Looks like I was a bit off in the above spoiler.... it's Josuke who finishes off Damo, after all (actually, it's pretty funny to think the guy was still able to run away despite getting stabbed through the skull! ). And poor Norisuke, he ends up going through the worst torture from that guy (getting sliced up by money, that fish thing from last chapter, and now getting burned alive.... yeesh). Also, I found it kinda hilarious that the passerby on the streets showed such a freaking lukewarm reaction to Josuke killing a man in front of them, lol.

Anyways.... the Higashikata matriarch, Kaato (I assume the name comes from "card"?). She more or less seems to be the Jojolion version of Jolyne Kujo. I mean, her prison uniform is pretty much the one from Green Dolphin Street (heck, that's probably where she was literally held). It'll definitely be interesting to learn her story....
Old 2016-06-18, 10:42   Link #330
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Translated chapter's out!

Looks like I was a bit off in the above spoiler.... it's Josuke who finishes off Damo, after all (actually, it's pretty funny to think the guy was still able to run away despite getting stabbed through the skull! ). And poor Norisuke, he ends up going through the worst torture from that guy (getting sliced up by money, that fish thing from last chapter, and now getting burned alive.... yeesh). Also, I found it kinda hilarious that the passerby on the streets showed such a freaking lukewarm reaction to Josuke killing a man in front of them, lol.
Damo wasn't human, so it kind of makes sense he was able to survive that blow. I'm more surprised that Norisuke was just fine without his liver. The lack of reactions from the passerbys were pretty funny (as well as Josuke's for not giving a damn about killing a man in broad daylight), they seemed to think Damo was some sort of giant figure.
Old 2016-06-18, 17:19   Link #331
marvelB

^That's a good point about Damo surviving those head blows due to being a rock person. Though as far as his actual death goes, you'd think those people would have at least noticed the blood oozing from him before he crumbled apart.... oh well. The only thing that would make that scene funnier is if there were cops present, yet they'd still show that same dull reaction as the other passerby!

And going back to Mama Higashikata, it just occurred to me: It's a gosh-darned shame that her name isn't Irene....
Old 2016-07-19, 05:23   Link #332
marvelB

Translated 56 is out!

And it's a completely Joushuu-focused chapter, interestingly enough. Geez, you'd think that nearly getting killed by Damo would humble the guy a bit, but he's still as much of an asshole as ever, lol. Stealing money, spending it on stuff like buying multiple theater seats for himself (and for a Pirates in the Caribbean movie, at that! ), yet still getting more money in return.... definitely a stand power at work here, I'd say. So I guess the guy whose wallet he pilfered was the original "Milagro Man"....

Anyways, I found this chapter quite enjoyable, needless to say. It really feels like something straight out of part 4.
Old 2016-07-19, 10:35   Link #333
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was a pretty neat chapter. I don't like Joshuu, but he was fun in this chapter. I'm pretty sure I've seen that exact same plot before, it might even have been in Jojo. Wasn't there a chapter in Steel Ball Run where Johnny and Gyro got a lot of money and had to give it away or they would die?
Old 2016-07-19, 14:31   Link #334
LevelSeven

^yeah, that was with a supernatural tree that gave people a choice after they lost something while being in his abilitys range:

-they got to choose between the thing they lost or something far more valuable
-- if you choose the one that is more valuable you turn into a fruit on the tree
-- if you choose the real one and refuse to lie than you get the valuable object too but you MUST give it all away in a fair trade before the day ends otherwise you will become the next guardian of the tree

pretty cool stuff if you ask me
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-20, 06:36   Link #335
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was it! I'm assuming Joshuu is in a similar situation and needs to spend all that money before a certain time limit or he'll be in deep trouble.
Old 2016-08-19, 08:15   Link #336
ellifeedn
Thinker

Chapter 57 is out and with it the end of the Milagro Man story.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-19, 10:26   Link #337
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was a nice little arc. I'm not sure Joshuu truly has learned anything from this experience though.
Old 2016-08-19, 15:26   Link #338
marvelB

Man, all things considered, that Milagro Man curse is actually pretty terrifying. Having infinite wealth, yet being unable to actually spend any of it.... I guess you have to be a Scrooge McDuck-level of penny pincher to actually enjoy not crack from all that pressure, huh?

Anyways, Joushuu's still as much of an asshole as ever, but I kinda prefer him that way. He's actually kinda been growing on me these past few chapters (make no mistake, he's far from my favorite character, but I don't hate him, either). So I guess next chapter will return to the whole magic fruit/rock people plot....?

Edit: On another note, Milagro also sort of reminds me of the Cheap Trick stand, at least in the sense that it's a burdensome curse that needs to be "passed on"to someone else. At least you didn't have to worry about money with CC, though.... just the risk of someone looking at your back, heh.

Last edited by marvelB; 2016-08-19 at 15:50.
Old 2016-09-17, 00:09   Link #339
marvelB

Jojolion 58 is here!

Well, Josuke's next goal is clear now that his lost memories are back: To cure Holly! And for that, he'll need both money and the power of the Rokakaka fruit....

Meanwhile, mama Kaato returns to the Higashikata household! She really does give off some strong Jolyn vibes, IMO (I wonder if she was even framed for that murder she was convicted for....?). I also find it highly amusing that Joushuu would even act like a total dick towards his own mom, lol. Anyway, at least his little stunt gave us a glimpse of Kaato's stand power (which is related to cards, not string). And of course, Joubin's as suspicious as ever, as well. Perhaps both the mother and son know something about the secret behind the rock people and/or the Rokakaka....?
Old 2016-09-17, 12:32   Link #340
foxbox360
New Age Badass

The Cookie Lyon of jojo have arrived, if the author watch empire over there he have my respect.

Tags
action, adventure