AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-19, 19:16   Link #381
The Russian Mob
Meh

I don't exactly hate it, but I found Mushishi underwhelming. I found myself nodding off quite a bit during it. Ginko and the overrall concept were interesting but, for me, it just never reached the level of awesomeness that it seemed to for so many other people.
Old 2008-02-19, 19:24   Link #382
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Russian Mob View Post
I don't exactly hate it, but I found Mushishi underwhelming. I found myself nodding off quite a bit during it. Ginko and the overrall concept were interesting but, for me, it just never reached the level of awesomeness that it seemed to for so many other people.
To me, I reached its level of awesomeness around episodes 1-15 or so, then after that it just gets way too repetitive.
Old 2008-02-19, 23:25   Link #383
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

I just never really like dragon ball z to much i watched it of course but i never really liked it
Old 2008-02-19, 23:40   Link #384
Un1234l

Naruto: Shippuuden (Way to make a promising series bad, Naruto: Shippuuden animation team. You lost your chance to redeem yourself. GTFO and let a new team animate it PLEASE)
BLEACH (DAMN! I used to like this. But then the jokes and everything about it got cliche and stale, lacking actual substance.)
Shakugan no Shana Second (Okay, I don't HATE it, but it's getting closer to my drop list.)
Lucky Star (Nah I lied... I LOVE IT)
Old 2008-02-20, 00:10   Link #385
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasmagoria View Post
Stupid decisions..?

Well, this is all purely based on anyone's opinion, I found them wise.

Not going to type out a wall of text to convince over anyone.. (No offense)

All I have to say is:

Mitsuki - definitely one of my favourite female characters, all-time.

Back on topic: I dislike Nodame Cantabile and Suzuka.

I seriously thought real-life adaptation (Yes, NC has one) will be a much better choice.
I love you.
Of course, Mitsuki takes a back seat to Kotori.
And the term would be "live-action" for what you're referring to, and I believe the live-action drama for Nodame Cantabile was released before its anime.

I also agree that I didn't really notice very many "stupid decisions", though I admit that it has been quite a while since I watched Kimi ga Nozomu Eien. The first turning point (the car) wasn't an outcome of any "stupid decisions", and the only one I could really understand is Takayuki's choice from the point of view of Haruka fanboys/girls.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
And I love Akane.
Spoiler for I wouldn't say that it requires it, but this is just a safety so as to create less work for moderators were this post to require spoiler tags later on if I hadn't added them beforehand. Oh, and this is for Kimi ga Nozomu Eien, and I don't believe I can bold titles in here, so I may have to add the anime title at the end as well. Kimi ga Nozomu Eien.:

Mmm... this was probably off-topic, so I'll find something to comment on to add continuity.
Here's something: Bleach and Naruto of course!
Since I've already commented much on these two series, I will now comment on the fact that though Studio Pierrot animated these two overly popular series (and Yu Yu Hakusho of old), it receives very, very, very little recognition. Though it's likely because the animation of its works isn't anything to write home about, of course, unless you currently live at home, in which case, you wouldn't necessarily need to write, (continuing): Toei's recent, older, and even older still, works weren't the cream of the crop in terms of animation quality, and it also released some of the older big hits, Dragonball, Sailor Moon, and receives much more attention, though its recent works have been trailing.
Old 2008-02-20, 08:20   Link #386
NSalmo

Naruto: I simply can't watch it
GTO: I can't stand Onizuka, he's always giving moral lessons to those stupid students all my friends do like him
Old 2008-02-20, 08:43   Link #387
fallenangelash
Misao-ISM
*Fansubber

i wanna know what the deal is with FLCL. i really didn't like it, yet most people do.
Old 2008-02-20, 13:39   Link #388
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallenangelash View Post
i wanna know what the deal is with FLCL. i really didn't like it, yet most people do.
It's a cracky acid trip. But I bet you if Haruko was not in it, it would lose 3/4 of its fans. Haru makes the series.

Quote:
I also agree that I didn't really notice very many "stupid decisions", though I admit that it has been quite a while since I watched Kimi ga Nozomu Eien. The first turning point (the car) wasn't an outcome of any "stupid decisions", and the only one I could really understand is Takayuki's choice from the point of view of Haruka fanboys/girls.
Spoiler for KGNE:
Old 2008-02-20, 14:17   Link #389
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
Everyone seems to love Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien but I don't really see why it's so awesome. I don't hate it but in my opinion it's extremely overrated and the characters make really stupid decisions.
You know, it's funny you should mention it because that's the same thing I feel about School Days. I don't think the characters in KGNE made stupid decisions. They could have definitely done some things better, but the circumstances were so crazy and the problems they were facing were so overwhelming that sometimes I did not even think there was a "correct" choice. That's what made it such a great drama. In School Days, on the contrary, the problems they were facing were so trivial, yet all the characters were completely retarded and that created the drama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Main reason why I love school days so much

If you are going for stupid, might as well make it realistically over the top. Half assed stupidity isn't even funny.
Heh, at least we agree that the characters acted over-the-top stupid (even tough I did not think it was realistic), but apparently we've reached totally different conclusions about the show itself.

Quote:
Meh, I didn't like her at all later on in the series and I don't think Takayuki should have chosen her either.
Takayuki was extremely indecisive throughout the whole series, but he did make the right choice in the end.

Quote:

Spoiler for KGNE:
Spoiler for KGNE:
Old 2008-02-20, 15:47   Link #390
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Completely off topic, but I liked Haruka with short hair and Mitsuki with long hair. The first two episodes were win and cute.
Old 2008-02-20, 17:02   Link #391
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Completely off topic, but I liked Haruka with short hair and Mitsuki with long hair. The first two episodes were win and cute.
I agree-the first two were great. But I think Haruka looks prettier with long hair. I loved Mitsuki's long hair as well.

It's funny but I sympathsized with Mitsuki in the beginning so I was all TakayukixMitsuki and then after the coma I was TakayukixHaruka.

Spoiler for KGNE:

That is really true.
Old 2008-02-20, 19:53   Link #392
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Yeah, long-haired Haruka looked too "dirty" (sort of in an unkempt, mussed, not that, you perverts.), and short haired Mitsuki was just bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklord_bg View Post
You know, it's funny you should mention it because that's the same thing I feel about School Days. I don't think the characters in KGNE made stupid decisions. They could have definitely done some things better, but the circumstances were so crazy and the problems they were facing were so overwhelming that sometimes I did not even think there was a "correct" choice. That's what made it such a great drama. In School Days, on the contrary, the problems they were facing were so trivial, yet all the characters were completely retarded and that created the drama.
Well, Makoto was just an overly hormonal and womanising teenager with no real problems except that he was in a love triangle, then square, then pentagon, then it was quite literally a harem, with what started with a pair of yanderekkos.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklord_bg View Post
Takayuki was extremely indecisive throughout the whole series, but he did make the right choice in the end.
I agree with Takayuki's choice as well.
Spoiler for I liek food. KGNE:

Last edited by qtipbrit; 2008-02-20 at 20:18. Reason: I phail'd
Old 2008-02-20, 19:58   Link #393
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Hey that wasn't me who said the third quote. It seems stupid for me to mind, but I never make such straightforward, subjective thoughts.

Right now I still haven't mentally commented on Takayuki's choice. All I know was that I think it was the best possible ending to KgNE. That might sound a little bit selfish, but all of the final episode was beautiful because of Takayuki's choice.
Old 2008-02-21, 00:23   Link #394
starry_sky45
Cherry Blossom~

Send a message via AIM to starry_sky45 Send a message via MSN to starry_sky45
One of mine would be Naruto. Most of my friends like it. I saw a couple of of episodes but I could never get into it. CoughpiratesarebetterthanninjasCough

Another show I don't per say hate, but I've just gotten tired of it. Bleach, I can't watch a series that has so many episodes. I get uninterested after a while.
Old 2008-02-21, 02:32   Link #395
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by starry_sky45 View Post
One of mine would be Naruto. Most of my friends like it. I saw a couple of of episodes but I could never get into it. CoughpiratesarebetterthanninjasCough

Another show I don't per say hate, but I've just gotten tired of it. Bleach, I can't watch a series that has so many episodes. I get uninterested after a while.
Are you saying that you like One Piece's 340+ episodes, but dislike that Bleach has 160-ish at the moment?
Unless, of course, you were referring to Black Lagoon or some other pirate anime, then it's fine.
Though I put it down quite often (not as much as Naruto, but moreso than One Piece), Bleach's first 63 or so episodes are mildly good, due to their originality (because there was no previous content to reuse) and long-ass fight scenes. However, afterwards, the fillers are utter crap, and the following arcs do little to improve the series again. (63/160 is roughly 40%, so I would say that Bleach is 40% decent. That's not very good, though.)

It's a bit nice to have left Kimi ga Nozomu Eien territory with relatively little flaming, as well.
Old 2008-02-21, 02:36   Link #396
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support

Not just mildly good; I felt that of the first 63 episodes of Bleach, the majority were solidly good. If they cut a few episodes and flashbacks here and there, and ended shortly after:

Spoiler for Bleach:

I think it would've become a much higher rated show.
Old 2008-02-21, 02:48   Link #397
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenemis View Post
Not just mildly good; I felt that of the first 63 episodes of Bleach, the majority were solidly good. If they cut a few episodes and flashbacks here and there, and ended shortly after:

Spoiler for Bleach:

I think it would've become a much higher rated show.
For lack of animation, a true plotline (a couple of teenagers try to rescue a girl whom only one really knows), though the whole turning out of events was quite a well-written surprise, it wasn't thoroughly explained at all, and for these reasons, I just found that it wasn't as good as some other action animes, though better than many [of the few] other series of its length.
And these flashback episodes were important to the continuity of the series and understanding the characters (though we're still left very greatly in the dark.), had these episodes not been present, it would have been much weaker, in my opinion.

Eh, and since I've been veering a bit off-topic, here's a bit more:
Though they're not really "Series that everyone likes", I really don't understand why Dragonaut and Kimikiss get such attention on these forums. I had watched the first two episodes of each series, and Kimikiss just didn't interest me, and I disliked the character designs, but it wasn't as painful or as difficult to watch as Dragonaut. For Kimikiss, I'll say it was probably just my taste, but I've also heard from some others about how Dragonaut was quite the epic failure.
Old 2008-02-21, 04:39   Link #398
Hijiroku
Heil Mein Fuhrer

Full Metal Alchemist
Old 2008-02-21, 06:53   Link #399
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
Though they're not really "Series that everyone likes", I really don't understand why Dragonaut and Kimikiss get such attention on these forums.
I think Kimikiss is genuinely popular (I've seen a couple of episodes and it didn't ring me, but what the heck), but Dragonaut I see it as more of a guilty pleasure for most people watching it. Really, it would fall into the category of "It's so bad it's good!".

Of course, I have long since I stopped watching it.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
Old 2008-02-21, 07:23   Link #400
Kinohara

Love Hina... I can't stand harem anime
Well, all my friends like this series while I'm not
Closed Thread