AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2009-12-15, 10:08   Link #4421
imaginari
Purupurupiko-Man

Location: My beloved hometown, the mackerel river running through it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjfarmer View Post
Wasn't it sent to a fake address, so it would take longer for the letter to "return" to the families.
I think that I remember someone (Nanjo's son?) pointing out that there were easier ways of doing this, and also that the letter would have reached the person on the address if they were alive? That probably means something.
imaginari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-15, 10:17   Link #4422
KanonTheFurniture
Witch's Golden Breaker

It's possible that there are multiple mass-produced Sakutaros if Rosa's company, fed up with being unable to sell many clothing designs, decided to make some lion plushies (not necessarily a decision to go into such a business, but sometimes there are stores where if you buy something - clothes, shoes, etc - you get a small little plushie thing for free...usually smaller than Sakutaro, and it's not entirely common, but I have seen it, I used to always want my mom to buy stuff like that for herself when I was little so I could get the toy). In this case, Rosa - who I assume is the company's head designer - still designed that Sakutaro. If the rest were mass-produced and not made by her hand, maybe the one she gave Maria was the prototype or something, so it was hand-made by her, though not originally as a gift for Maria. This could explain why Beato stopped short of saying he was the only one, and explain why there's one at the captain's house. Rosa still technically made that lion that Maria calls Sakutaro, but it's not the only one that exists.

In this case I'd agree that Work's theory is plausible - Rosa decided to be cheap and give Maria something that she had already made as a birthday gift rather than put any real thought into it. I still disagree, however, as there are other factors at her birthdsay that tell me Rosa was in one of her rare 'I love you Maria and I'm sorry I've been such a despicable bitch' phases. Rosa does love her daughter...she's just usually blinded by her desire to be a single woman first and a mother second, and she's pretty fucked up in her own right (with a family like that, and the teensy little fact that she's responsible for the death of a mysterious woman who obviously meant a lot to her father when she was about 12 years old). I'm by no means a Rosa fan and I don't particularly defend or justify any of her behaviour because frankly she makes me sick. However, the way Work goes about expressing his hatred for her just goes too far into flamer territory that it's uncalled for.
KanonTheFurniture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-15, 13:00   Link #4423
Dlanor A. Knox
Crazy but OK xP

Not only that, but also the part where Sakutarou "said" that Rosa was crying at Maria's bed when she's "asleep" and saying I'm sorry etc.
Dlanor A. Knox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-15, 16:32   Link #4424
ErenselTheJester

There are multiple lion plushies, but only one was named "Sakutarou" by Maria, made specifically for Maria by her mother, Rosa, for her birthday.

Hello, I decided to jump into the argument just for fun. I'm Erensel, the Demon of Entertainment or the Jester- either way I'm the same person. Now, what I just said is simply a repeat of the general truth- "That stuff animal is a special stuffed animal mady by Rosa for her daughter's birthday and is the only one in the world." Simply put, There is only one Sakutarou. Does that mean that he's the only lion plushie in the world? No. It just means that he's only Sakutarou in the world. Despite his overall cuteness, which I do despise with a passion, I find the lad entertaining in his own innocent way, especially when those Seven Sisters are there to smother the living hell out of the boy.
ErenselTheJester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-16, 01:51   Link #4425
Dlanor A. Knox
Crazy but OK xP

hey Erensel ^^/
Even so, why didnt Beato said in read that there's only 1 Sakutarou?
Old 2009-12-16, 01:56   Link #4426
ijriims

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlanor A. Knox View Post
hey Erensel ^^/
Even so, why didnt Beato said in read that there's only 1 Sakutarou?
It meant that there was only one lion plushie which was named Sakutarou and made by Rosa. Although there may existed other lion plushies with the same looking, they were not made by Rosa by hand.

Rosa designed Sakutarou and latter send the design to be made by other firms. But only the one Maria had was made by Rosa and was the first to be made
ijriims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-16, 06:28   Link #4427
Dlanor A. Knox
Crazy but OK xP

yeah I understand that now
(sorry it was early in the morning when I wrote that xD)
Old 2009-12-16, 06:35   Link #4428
ErenselTheJester

So, what's next?
Old 2009-12-16, 06:45   Link #4429
Dlanor A. Knox
Crazy but OK xP

how did Nanjo,Kyrie,Kanon,Shannon&Krauss in the underground?

and who killed Ghoda&Kamizawa (forgot her name xD) they where killed by someone & hanged u afterwards but they had the key to unlock the door.

I think that they let someone in, got killed, person left and threw the key back inside.
Old 2009-12-16, 08:36   Link #4430
Vegitto-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlanor A. Knox View Post
how did Nanjo,Kyrie,Kanon,Shannon&Krauss in the underground?

and who killed Ghoda&Kamizawa (forgot her name xD) they where killed by someone & hanged u afterwards but they had the key to unlock the door.

I think that they let someone in, got killed, person left and threw the key back inside.
I am not too sure on this but wasn't the key still in gohda's pocket?
Vegitto-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-16, 08:49   Link #4431
Vega Lyra
<Congratulations>!!!!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegitto-kun View Post
I am not too sure on this but wasn't the key still in gohda's pocket?
I remember the key being in his pocket. There weren't any other ways to get into the tool shed directly without using that particular key, I think.
Old 2009-12-16, 10:47   Link #4432
yuugi99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega Lyra View Post
I remember the key being in his pocket. There weren't any other ways to get into the tool shed directly without using that particular key, I think.
Is it? was this stated in red? I can't really remember.
yuugi99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-16, 11:00   Link #4433
Akuryou
*cackle* *cackle*

Send a message via MSN to Akuryou
It wasn't stated in red, but Battler saw it himself.
Akuryou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-16, 11:19   Link #4434
yuugi99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akuryou View Post
It wasn't stated in red, but Battler saw it himself.
so i guess either gohda or kumasawa must have let the killer him. They must have known the killer and probably one of the 17 humans. My bet is Kanon. He is always missing for the most part from eps 1 to 4.
yuugi99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-16, 14:56   Link #4435
ErenselTheJester

Episode 4 is the only episode without any red truths stated throughout the course of the game due to Beatrice's "Red Truth Hunger" strategy. Thus, any theory can be correct at this point of time.
Old 2009-12-16, 18:13   Link #4436
LyricalAura
Dea ex Kakera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega Lyra View Post
Gohda passed the key out to Rifle!Culprit, who let themselves in. Then Rifle!Culprit killed Gohda and Kumasawa, put the key back in Gohda's pocket, and replaced the lock on the shutter with a new one, the way Natsuhi did in Episode 1. Since Battler didn't have either key, he had to cut a hole in the shutter, so he didn't bother to check whether the key he found matched the lock.

Does anyone remember where Natsuhi got the new padlock from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaler View Post
I think that there's a red truth which denies this. It says something like "the key passed through no one's hands".
The only possible explanation is that Maria was given the key so that she could lock the door after the murder happened. I mean, the six were killed while the cousins were asleep. Maria could've been ordered to wake up in the middle of the night and locked the chapel.
From the Episode 3 thread -- Metaler, that red truth is from Episode 4, so you should probably delete or spoiler it.
LyricalAura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-16, 18:23   Link #4437
Graskell
invisible man

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalAura View Post
Gohda passed the key out to Rifle!Culprit, who let themselves in. Then Rifle!Culprit killed Gohda and Kumasawa, put the key back in Gohda's pocket, and replaced the lock on the shutter with a new one, the way Natsuhi did in Episode 1. Since Battler didn't have either key, he had to cut a hole in the shutter, so he didn't bother to check whether the key he found matched the lock.

Does anyone remember where Natsuhi got the new padlock from?
Genji got it from an unopened box in the shed. I may be interpreting the text wrong, but I don't think that the shed is usually locked with a padlock. The key for the shed as found in Goada's pocket would thus be for the built in lock. Not sure how that would match up with what Battler found. Did he even check to see if the door was locked before he cut a hole in it?
Old 2009-12-16, 19:23   Link #4438
Kurizu204

couldn't the killer have had a gun from the out side window and threatened them to put the ropes around their necks then shoot them?
Kurizu204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-16, 21:02   Link #4439
LyricalAura
Dea ex Kakera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graskell View Post
Genji got it from an unopened box in the shed. I may be interpreting the text wrong, but I don't think that the shed is usually locked with a padlock. The key for the shed as found in Goada's pocket would thus be for the built in lock. Not sure how that would match up with what Battler found. Did he even check to see if the door was locked before he cut a hole in it?
If there was a separate built-in lock, there probably wouldn't be any way to attach a padlock to it. On the other hand, if there isn't an internal lock, I'm not really sure why Battler didn't try to bash or cut the lock off instead of cutting through the door. Would the shutter have been made of flimsier material than the lock itself?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurizu204
couldn't the killer have had a gun from the out side window and threatened them to put the ropes around their necks then shoot them?
They were shot in the center of the forehead, and I think it was implied that they weren't facing the side window when Battler looked in.
LyricalAura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-16, 21:30   Link #4440
Sute443
Sasaki-ist

Quote:
Alternatively, the lock was the same one that was originally put on, but the key was fake.

Quote:
They were shot in the center of the forehead, and I think it was implied that they weren't facing the side window when Battler looked in.
More than implied, it was outright stated. Battler was unable to determine if they were alive or dead until he bashed his way in specifically because they were not facing the window.
Sute443 is offline   Reply With Quote