AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-12-26, 23:18   Link #1
Nosauz

Torchlight 1 & 2

Do you love diablo? Did you play the Mythos beta? Well this is the game for you! Get your crazy min maxing ass back into a game that is basically a great diablo clone, this is a great to get and it's currently on sale for five bucks on steam
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-27, 00:33   Link #2
SageGaiGar
You are Next

I picked it up when it was 9.99 >_< Good game and the sale I for 4.99 I think is only good for today. Normal price is 19.99 so it's fine.

I *love* being able to send my pet to sell stuff.
Old 2009-12-27, 03:47   Link #3
plmko

Its cheap so who can complain.
plmko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-27, 04:10   Link #4
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Hmmm, seems like this was discussed somewhere... but whatever. Yeah, I considered it a great buy for $10 ( when last on sale). Steam is having a sale through the end of the month on a number of their "small gems".

I like playing this one on "hard permadeath" ... it encourages alertness.
Old 2012-04-27, 22:57   Link #5
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Waking this thread up for Torchlight 2 ... I just got a pre-order email from them.

It looks like they partnered with PerfectWorld Entertainment and multiplayer will be an intrinsic part...

http://torchlight2.perfectworld.com/
Old 2012-04-27, 23:48   Link #6
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
TORCHLIGHT 2

Vexx, I will hijack you for multiplayer co-op dungeoneering shenanigans.
Old 2012-04-27, 23:58   Link #7
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'm *probably* going to get Tera next month ... I just have to survive the budgetary outlays of the next few weeks (property taxes, a trip to a graduation, new glasses for the Small Tsundere, etc)
Old 2012-04-28, 00:04   Link #8
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
If you do, come to Celestial Hills.
Old 2012-04-28, 04:11   Link #9
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

I want a release date T_T
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-28, 09:32   Link #10
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

I think I read somewhere on Pc gamer that Torchlight 2 most idealy will be released a 2 or 3 months after Diablo 3. If I find the thread il post it here.

If diablo 3 fails to impress me Torchlight 2 here I come
Old 2012-05-21, 05:02   Link #11
Hoaviet

Torchlight II

This any good, missed out on the beta weekend and don't have a beta pass

Peoples who played it

Worth the cash or not
Old 2012-05-21, 05:18   Link #12
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

There is already a thread on Torchlight 2, but it wasn't very active.
I played the beta a little, from what I played I think it will be a very nice game to play with your friends. Torchlight 1 was heavy dungeon crawling and people didn't like it too much, so with 2 they have large open area's with cave's and such to explore.
The look of the game is nice, and the armours are whacky and cool from what dropped for me.
If you don't like diablo 3 then pick this game up when it comes out. If you want to see more footage check this: http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/05/18/to...-this-weekend/. Follow the links in the description for what class you want to see too.

Torchlight 2 does have some competition when it comes out, Path of exile will also be coming out at the same time (most likely) which is a f2p Hack and Slash.
Old 2012-05-21, 15:57   Link #13
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
My friends and I got the $60 4-pack that includes 4 copies of Torchlight 1 and 4 copies of Torchlight 2. Cheap as hell.

I like the part where the lead designer was the one for Diablo 1 and 2 but I don't like this 'published by Perfect World Entertainment' (what did you dooo D: <)

Torchlight 1 is quite unimpressive. But the co-op aspect of the sequel seems to be promising. I'm simply thinking back of how my friends and I played magicka xD
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-21, 18:17   Link #14
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak3mi View Post
There is already a thread on Torchlight 2, but it wasn't very active.
I played the beta a little, from what I played I think it will be a very nice game to play with your friends. Torchlight 1 was heavy dungeon crawling and people didn't like it too much, so with 2 they have large open area's with cave's and such to explore.
I got in on this too; had a great time taking an engineer through it, seeing as this class was the closest to what I tried to do with TL1's alchemist.

Quote:
The look of the game is nice, and the armours are whacky and cool from what dropped for me.
They get kudos, as noted in this thread on the official forums, for managing to keep away from female armor being more for fanservice than function. And now, here's what said engineer and his avian companion look like...

Spoiler for Image and Caption:

Quote:
Torchlight 2 does have some competition when it comes out, Path of exile will also be coming out at the same time (most likely) which is a f2p Hack and Slash.
Which is itself quite fun and challenging in its own right, now that they've revamped monster behavior and added traps and totems. The Viper Strike/Puncture/Vulnerability combo still works wonders for putting bosses, champions, and assorted nuisances in their place...

Spoiler for Explanation:
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 16:49   Link #15
tootbrush

Location: In a better place. Like the beach. But NOT the moon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
I like the part where the lead designer was the one for Diablo 1 and 2 but I don't like this 'published by Perfect World Entertainment' (what did you dooo D: <)
Actually, the lead designer, Travis Baldree, gained fame with FATE and later Mythos. The guys from Blizzard North (the Schaefer brothers, Matt Uelmen, Peter Hu) do other work at Runic/on the game.

PWE published Torchlight too. After its release they bought a majority stake in Runic. So far it looks like they don't really care what Runic does.

Last edited by tootbrush; 2012-05-23 at 09:01. Reason: clarity
tootbrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 08:44   Link #16
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by tootbrush View Post
Actually, the lead designer, Travis Baldree, gained fame with FATE and later Mythos. The guys from Blizzard North (the Schaefer brothers, Matt Uelmen, Peter Hu) do other stuff.

PWE published Torchlight too. After its release they bought a majority stake in Runic. So far it looks like they don't really care what Runic does.
Oh oops. I didn't look too much into that. The game mechanics resemble Diablo so much and I read somewhere that they have Blizz North people.
Old 2012-05-24, 19:08   Link #17
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
"Endex; all operatives off the field."

The stress test concluded at 1900 EST; it's not unreasonable to conclude that development has rounded third base and is in the home stretch. I put in a marathon session last night with a different sort of engineer build; in so doing, got to asemble the Estherian gear aesthetic...

Spoiler for Imagery:
Old 2012-05-25, 07:10   Link #18
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

there's a lotta detail on that backpack looking thing compared to everything else
o__o

Are there any special particle effects for certain gear? It would be nice if all set gears gave off certain auras and uniques had minor fx :P
Old 2012-05-25, 17:26   Link #19
Firefly00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
there's a lotta detail on that backpack looking thing compared to everything else
I suspect that's because the backpack is a static model; it doesn't have to animate like the clothes do.

Quote:
Are there any special particle effects for certain gear?
Yes; weapons with elemental damage have appropriate auras (the first greatsword has +poison; the claws have +ice) - in cases where there are multiple elemental enhancements, I think the last one on the list is the one whose aura is shown. I've already suggested the idea of having them rotate (that is, change aura every X seconds; all effects would still be applied normally in combat).

Quote:
It would be nice if all set gears gave off certain auras and uniques had minor fx :P
Also suggested that they do something to make set pieces a bit distinct from those of their base aesthetic. For example, the metallic accents for the Formal Regent set could be gold.

(29 May) And speaking of imagery, a fellow beta tester was nice enough to compile complete outfits of all the aesthetics (Estherin excepted) that were dropping natively therein (it covered all of Act 1; with stuff native to Act 2 showing up in the store once you hit the level-21 cap)...

Spoiler for Imagery:

Last edited by Firefly00; 2012-05-29 at 15:01. Reason: More imagery
Old 2012-06-23, 23:03   Link #20
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

I just heard the "chance to disenchant" was removed in Torchlight 2, and I was wondering if anyone that played the beta could confirm this.