AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2010-12-14, 13:00   Link #7401
ridgezipline

Quote:
Originally Posted by musouka View Post
On 2ch, I remember there being a heated discussion around the time of the Athens arc where people were upset because Athena was popular with fangirls and they thought there might be enough of them to upset the popularity poll. For me, Athena falls into a role that's very appealing (and mirrored by a couple of my other favorite characters, Sheryl Nome and Beatrice) in that she's confident, very much in love with the main character, but it feels like she's doing Important Shit on her own time instead of orbiting around the main character and what he does.

I'm not trying to bash on the other characters. As you said, all of them were made to be lovable. I really do like Nagi, Maria, Ayumu, Isumi, and, yes, I do like Hina. It's just that I have a preference for Athena due to those factors. I don't think she's going to end up with Hayate. I don't think she's the main heroine of the series. I just like the series more when she's a part of it.
ditto. im betting on a nagi-ending. (but, an athena one would be very much appreciated )
ridgezipline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-17, 09:40   Link #7402
mitsuganae

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmac View Post
I've really enjoyed the Nagi arc too. I think the main reason we're seeing these developments though is that it doesn't leave much (currently) for Hayate to do. He can't exactly get Nagi published in Shonen Sunday by battling giant robots, after all.

So instead Nagi gets her character development arc and Hayate gets his own subplot dealing with Yozora and now Athena and eventually I wouldn't be surprised at all to see the plot lines merge. At least I hope so. One of my gripes with the manga recently is that Nagi gets left out of the loop entirely too often during serious plot lines. I guess the thinking is that it would ruin her innocence if she learned about Athena/The RG and so on too soon, but eh...it's starting to feel a little forced, and constantly keeping her (And to a lesser extent, Ayumu) in a bubble limits what can be done with them in the long run.
I agree with you -- especially about all the plot threads and how/if they'll be tied together. I really do wonder what Ms. Tennos has to do with Luca and/or Yozora's plan. I hope she wasn't shoehorned in for, uhm, mundane reasons. If she's unrelated, then she just makes the post-Golden Week story lose focus.

On another note, maybe the two of us should play some kind of drinking game that involves all the shipping blahblah around here.
mitsuganae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-17, 11:55   Link #7403
GlassesLady
dat apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitsuganae View Post
On another note, maybe the two of us should play some kind of drinking game that involves all the shipping blahblah around here.
I forsee deaths by alcohol poisoning in the future....

My Pokemans; let me show you them.
GlassesLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-17, 12:40   Link #7404
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassesLady View Post
I forsee deaths by alcohol poisoning in the future....
I think one would drink themselves to death in the FSN subforum quicker than here.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-17, 13:09   Link #7405
madmac

Quote:
What did my liver ever to do you?

Quote:
I agree with you -- especially about all the plot threads and how/if they'll be tied together. I really do wonder what Ms. Tennos has to do with Luca and/or Yozora's plan. I hope she wasn't shoehorned in for, uhm, mundane reasons. If she's unrelated, then she just makes the post-Golden Week story lose focus.
Well, there's a few things. One, Luca doesn't seem to be just an ordinary Mary Sue, and her Dojinshi focused on a character who one day found himself in a different world. It's not impossible she has her own ties to the Royal Garden.

(I had a bunch more stuff typed up regarding the Kings Jewels and such, but eh, it's all speculation and I'm not in the mood to start arguing about it.)

Last edited by madmac; 2010-12-17 at 13:20.
madmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-18, 11:14   Link #7406
ridgezipline

all credits go to barmej (im simply reposting for discussion source)

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
damn this hiatus! (but then again it could still be fanmade o.o)
Old 2010-12-18, 12:36   Link #7407
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

it better be fanmade...seriously this kind of crazy plot development would be too much for me to handle, my body is not ready. And I honestly dont think I would like it very much (but i've been proven wrong before)
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-18, 13:41   Link #7408
madmac

Spoilers are kinda...ugh. One of the the things I liked about how the apartment thing developed was that it wasn't just an excuse for another typical "everyone lives together" harem set up.

Spoiler:
madmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-18, 15:05   Link #7409
Used Can

I actually like that spoiler, it's just too random, and thus, HnGish. I approve.
Old 2010-12-18, 15:14   Link #7410
GlassesLady
dat apple

Well I'm sure whatever happens in the end, it'll drive at least half the fandom insane. But it'll be fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridgezipline View Post
Spoiler:
what

My Pokemans; let me show you them.
GlassesLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-18, 15:34   Link #7411
Bastion_Arcion
*boot to the head*

Send a message via AIM to Bastion_Arcion Send a message via MSN to Bastion_Arcion
I'm hoping that it just means that she starts acting like she's in pain and such. Since the characters are all ~16, hopefully they wouldn't have a clue as to what type of noises and actions would go on.
Hina could have the best clue, since she was born 12 years after her sister, and thus might have heard second-hand, but no one else should know.

Except what TV tells us happens, which might be what it's talking about..

Would people quit throwing my faith in humanity being intelligent a shovel?
... Apparently there are now people in existence who are unable to use a shovel.

Programming today is a race between programmers trying to create better idiot-proof programs, and the world creating better idiots.
The world is winning.. by leaps and bounds.

Body Language and Intonation can convey large amounts of information with a single word.
Bastion_Arcion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-18, 17:07   Link #7412
Used Can

Maybe Hina just imagined that particular scene.
Old 2010-12-19, 04:06   Link #7413
ridgezipline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Maybe Hina just imagined that particular scene.
or maybe it was the trio with her imagining stuff
Old 2010-12-19, 20:41   Link #7414
azziz

or perhaps it all come from hata imagination?
azziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 05:12   Link #7415
Mentar
Banned

Hm.

There are 1-2 details which almost make me believe that the spoiler is genuine. For example Hina smashing Hayate with the sword for trying to remember "when this could have happened". This is exactly the kind of humor that Hata loves to add.

Also, having the story try to have the main characters "move in" to the mansion in Love Hina style. Naturally it's a silly pretext, but it simplifies joint storytelling later, so it kinda would make sense.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 11:22   Link #7416
Tom Bombadil

Quote:
ヒナギクが子供を産んだと騒ぐ周囲。
ヒナギクは子供を産んだことも
子供を産むような行為をしたこともないとムキになる。
After being called "mama" Hinagiku starts behaving and giving noises like "she was giving birth herself".
I am sure this translation is a miss. But I am a bit unsure what the correct translation is. It is not that important anyway.

Quote:
むきになる 《向きになる; 向きに成る》 (exp,v5r) (uk) to become serious; to take something (joke, teasing) seriously; to become irritated or angry (usually at something trivial)
I am not sure why "子供を産む" is repeated twice in "子供を産んだことも
子供を産むような". Anyone care to explain?
Old 2010-12-20, 13:48   Link #7417
Bastion_Arcion
*boot to the head*

Send a message via AIM to Bastion_Arcion Send a message via MSN to Bastion_Arcion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Hm.

There are 1-2 details which almost make me believe that the spoiler is genuine. For example Hina smashing Hayate with the sword for trying to remember "when this could have happened". This is exactly the kind of humor that Hata loves to add.

Also, having the story try to have the main characters "move in" to the mansion in Love Hina style. Naturally it's a silly pretext, but it simplifies joint storytelling later, so it kinda would make sense.
Hina-tan's ears also had aspects of running gags within it.

The biggest clue that this isn't in continuity, Nagi was taken out of the issue early on, she wanted to refuse Chiharu a room originally, do we really think she would allow the one she sees as her biggest rival for Hayate's affection (which she believes to be Hinagiku) to move in without a word, and then two others which have questionable motives (Hayate supposedly has a child and the mother isn't her) to move in without any issue?
She is the owner of the building, and would thus be able to choose who to rent the rooms out to. The only way to allow this arc to play out the way we are seeing it is to have taken her out of the story early, and since the major arc currently has her as the focus character, it wouldn't make sense to have her out of play for a major event like this.

I still think this is a holiday/poll celebration arc and when we go back to the story, it'll all go away.

Would people quit throwing my faith in humanity being intelligent a shovel?
... Apparently there are now people in existence who are unable to use a shovel.

Programming today is a race between programmers trying to create better idiot-proof programs, and the world creating better idiots.
The world is winning.. by leaps and bounds.

Body Language and Intonation can convey large amounts of information with a single word.
Bastion_Arcion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-22, 03:36   Link #7418
Tom Bombadil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastion_Arcion View Post
The biggest clue that this isn't in continuity, Nagi was taken out of the issue early on, she wanted to refuse Chiharu a room originally, do we really think she would allow the one she sees as her biggest rival for Hayate's affection (which she believes to be Hinagiku) to move in without a word, and then two others which have questionable motives (Hayate supposedly has a child and the mother isn't her) to move in without any issue?
She is the owner of the building, and would thus be able to choose who to rent the rooms out to. The only way to allow this arc to play out the way we are seeing it is to have taken her out of the story early, and since the major arc currently has her as the focus character, it wouldn't make sense to have her out of play for a major event like this.
It is true that Nagi is the owner of the house, but please do not forgot the person that is in charge: Maria (last boss).

Sure both Hina and Nagi need some persuading about the moving in, but the suspense is now on how Hayate is going to overcome such obstacles. I think Hata might have prepared something fun and unexpected. It will be pretty boring if all the setup goes for nothing by a single "NO" from Nagi.
Old 2010-12-22, 10:07   Link #7419
Eleutheria
旅行癖

woot! Just read 301, hilarious chapter. Especially with Hayate's relentless teasing of Hinagiku.

They finally got a mechanism to put all of Hayate's shipping interests under the same roof, and it only took a *little* magic
Old 2010-12-22, 10:38   Link #7420
ridgezipline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleutheria View Post
woot! Just read 301, hilarious chapter. Especially with Hayate's relentless teasing of Hinagiku.

They finally got a mechanism to put all of Hayate's shipping interests under the same roof, and it only took a *little* magic
wow so lucky! *_* too bad scans/complete raws arent out yet.

Tags
comedy, shounen